Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shona4Salman thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

Jury chair reasoning like this 😵 😵 😵 ... KILL ME !!!

I always thought that Priyam is reasonable and intelligent man. He is talking like Nehlani
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anonymous39

^Nothing. He's just looking for excuses for the bizarre selections. He obviously can't outright just say that he wanted to give it to his friends.

And Ash even being in the running is hilarious.

Weren't people here giving lectures about the body of work not mattering to justify some of their favorites getting the awards before? 😆

It certainly is not given for body of work. My "proof" if you will

Illayaraja sir won for best music direction last year. It was for his 1000th film. You can say he won it because they wanted to commemorate it but when you see the film Tharai Thapattai, a man who composes western music so well he has London Orchestras play it still never forgot his roots or the folk music of Tamil Nadu even after 1000 movies.

Priyadarshan has tainted the awards and not just this one. But even others seem to be a bit W*F. like the mention for Mohanlal (now don't get me wrong he is a fab actor) but he collaborated with him and the film Mohanlal got a mention was shut out of state awards.
745671 thumbnail
^I understand what you're saying and that an award should be given for a particular movie. I actually agree with it but Indian awards have always been a disaster. The jury does whatever it feels like and most of the time it ends up with friends/family winning. There are always ulterior motives and fans like to make excuses for the times their own favorites win and then slander it when they don't.
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
😆
Judge hi faltoo hai 😆
And i thought lungis were smart
Hazardous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This is precisely what you call dena wala jab bhi deta, deta chappad phad ke.. 😆 All these years passed by with no recognition and at last when it came time for him to recieve an award, it happened to be the mother of all mothers, the National award!:D
Edited by Hazardous - 7 years ago
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
lamo so for an actor body of work becaus eits so important but for an actress its acting 😆😆 rofl priyadarshn is making a fool of himself now
kebab_me_haddi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
kya bola kuch samajme nahi aaya
gohem123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

http://www.bollyarena.net/akshay-kumar-won-national-award-because-he-has-survived-for-so-long-priyadarshan/

Talking about National Awards, Priyadarshan said,"Bollywood films have not lost, but the regional cinema has excelled. New attempt and new content was there from the regional filmmakers' side. That's why they have dominated. It's not that Bollywood was bad. It's because these people were better."

"For the Best Actor category, we had four people in the final round. Akshay had two films. Mohanlal had three films. Besides them, two other Bengali actors were there. Akshay and Mohanlal were the main two contenders."

He justified Akshay Kumar's win by saying, "Sometimes, an actor looks impressive because of a tailor-made role. But that's not an actor. An actor is somebody who does different roles and survive for years... So considering that we found Akshay the suitable one."

By this logic, it seems that it was more of Lifetime Achievement Award, than for a performance. However Priyadarshan defended that by saying, "The selection criteria was basically on quality and the content of films. Regional films did well in both ways. With my 40 years' experience in this field, I kept it in my mind that I will look it (films) as a jury chairman. Also, the jury was equally supportive to me. There is no biased decision made in any of the categories. That's why you find a very well balanced result.

He also talked about India's biggest hit Dangal which released last year. "Dangal was recalled actually. I called it back to see it again. Dangal' missed out because of the powerful regional films. It's not because of anything else. Some of the Marathi and Bengali films were brilliant and better."

He also responded to the allegations. "I have heard of all that and I will answer it in a simple way. When Ramesh Sippy was jury head Amitabh Bachchan won. When Prakash Jha was head of jury, Ajay Devgn won. o none questioned at that time. So why all these questions are cropping up today.

Akshay was given the best actor on the basis of his performance in two films " Airlift' and Rustom'. It was the jury's decision. One performance was dramatic and one was realistic.

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
🤣
Even Mallus say Mohanlal's performance were all coasting and his winning for crap this year is actually an insult to his talent.
Edited by KhatamKahani - 7 years ago