Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeraMann thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: -RisingAsh-

What do you want to know 😆

I want to know how will Mohsin will react when the truth comes out and also if MoNa will be together even after the truth comes out. I am so scared of the revelation.
sbss thumbnail

What do you want to know 😆

I want to know what happens next as per the novel
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
With all this wonderful commentary on "intentions" (i.e., Afaaq and Aina's intentions), I just wanted to point out something that I was saving for the end of the show if/when Imran showed up again:
Aina's intentions were good, but so were Imran's. Yes, he did succumb to his parents' pressure (but only when they literally had him arrested) of leaving Aina, but he never meant to hurt her and tried to make amends, but Aina, rightfully, wanted nothing to do with him. It's what made the ImNa track so engaging...Imran, unlike many of the men in the rich boy-poor girl scenario, stuck by Aina for as long as he could. Aina and Imran did nothing wrong originally; they fell in love and wanted to get married the proper way, but it was not in the cards for them. If this were a Western show, ImNa would probably have a lot more fans as, of course, loving someone and wanting to marry them, even if they're from a different social status, is not considered nearly as taboo as it is in slightly more traditional cultures like Pakistan (please note, this is not me trying to say anything negative about Pakistani cultures...just stating facts).

So that's why a small part of me still wonders if, should Imran return, an ImNa ending is possible. I will be a MoNa fan til the day I die (and FaNa FIGHT ME) but I still feel like Imran and Aina never got their closure. They had that scene right before the MoNa nikkah, but to me that never felt like a true end to their story because Imran was missing the crucial piece of information that their child was alive. It's also why I wish the writers introduced Imran earlier in the post-leap era, because I think a true ending would've been Imran learning of Maaz, and vice versa, and Imran using this information to try and "win" Aina back like persuading her to be a family with him and Maaz again, but ultimately realizing that Maaz is happy in the family he has and that Aina belongs with Mohsin. With five episodes left and no sign of Imran, it doesn't seem like the writers have time to flesh this type of storyline out, which is disappointing, not gonna lie.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Also, I hope you guys realize that with five episodes left and the KnK cast finished filming today, that only means the writers changed their original ending. They're filming too close to the end date to convince me otherwise. It's kind of obvious, especially if Asad Zaman Khan said he would be returning but most likely isn't. I've said before that I hate fanservice, but with them changing their ending and the huge surge of EmNa/MoNa love the cast and crew have been bombarded with over the past 3+ months, I think we'll have a happy ending. I really do, iA.
Hivi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

No.. MaNia scene was not misplaced.. they were talking about Tabi being hurt.. Affq being trapped.. and then there Rania goes on if Maaz will do the same to her.. lol.. but again it was a bit childish.. sometimes I feel Hina overdoes it.. like she talks latkaaa latkaa k.. intentionally.. 😆

That scene was totally out of place looking at the circumstances. I mean your sister is crying, your family is in such a crisis and you are romancing?
I think sometimes she overplays herself.

Very baddd
Hivi thumbnail
That bachao bachao scene was so silly.

Even in the middle of family crisis MaRa got time to flirt with each other!

If zebi turns out to be Imran-Annie's daughter, that would be so cliched scenario. Wouldn't it be?

Only five episode s are left. Why Imran is not back? It seems they are not going to delve into MoNa heat to heart conversation part. The entire focus would be on revelation n creating more drama/impact.

The only saving grace were Aafaq-Tabi. Both acted really well n their scenes together and with others were quite impactful. I still want them to get married. People make mistakes n learn. I m so happy that Aafaq wants to redeem himself.

I still think judging by KNK standards, this episode was not up to the mark! If it was season 2 or any other show it wouldn't ve irritated me so much.
Edited by Hivi - 7 years ago
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

With all this wonderful commentary on "intentions" (i.e., Afaaq and Aina's intentions), I just wanted to point out something that I was saving for the end of the show if/when Imran showed up again:

Aina's intentions were good, but so were Imran's. Yes, he did succumb to his parents' pressure (but only when they literally had him arrested) of leaving Aina, but he never meant to hurt her and tried to make amends, but Aina, rightfully, wanted nothing to do with him. It's what made the ImNa track so engaging...Imran, unlike many of the men in the rich boy-poor girl scenario, stuck by Aina for as long as he could. Aina and Imran did nothing wrong originally; they fell in love and wanted to get married the proper way, but it was not in the cards for them. If this were a Western show, ImNa would probably have a lot more fans as, of course, loving someone and wanting to marry them, even if they're from a different social status, is not considered nearly as taboo as it is in slightly more traditional cultures like Pakistan (please note, this is not me trying to say anything negative about Pakistani cultures...just stating facts).

So that's why a small part of me still wonders if, should Imran return, an ImNa ending is possible. I will be a MoNa fan til the day I die (and FaNa FIGHT ME) but I still feel like Imran and Aina never got their closure. They had that scene right before the MoNa nikkah, but to me that never felt like a true end to their story because Imran was missing the crucial piece of information that their child was alive. It's also why I wish the writers introduced Imran earlier in the post-leap era, because I think a true ending would've been Imran learning of Maaz, and vice versa, and Imran using this information to try and "win" Aina back like persuading her to be a family with him and Maaz again, but ultimately realizing that Maaz is happy in the family he has and that Aina belongs with Mohsin. With five episodes left and no sign of Imran, it doesn't seem like the writers have time to flesh this type of storyline out, which is disappointing, not gonna lie.

I am not a big fan of Imran , but I think he had the right to know about his son since the beginning..specially when he returned back to Aina before her wedding. so If he knows the truth now, he won't try to win Aina back..coz she hid their son't truth and changed his identity. Imran will be angry to know it. and if I was in his place I'd go to court to ask for my rights , and change Maaz' name first.
I am very disappointed that writers chose to change the story, and forgot about the original plot. Reading your comment @FoSho made me think about of the posibilities and the very interesting tracks which the makers have if they stuck to the original storyline. like Aina/Sajal clash, Mohsin knowing the truth and throwing Aina out of the ghar, Imran knowing the truth and trying to take his son back. Aina fighting for her rights, and Mohsin's kid standing by her side. there could've been many interesting tracks, more than new generation tracks .😊
JNam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

Also, I hope you guys realize that with five episodes left and the KnK cast finished filming today, that only means the writers changed their original ending. They're filming too close to the end date to convince me otherwise. It's kind of obvious, especially if Asad Zaman Khan said he would be returning but most likely isn't. I've said before that I hate fanservice, but with them changing their ending and the huge surge of EmNa/MoNa love the cast and crew have been bombarded with over the past 3+ months, I think we'll have a happy ending. I really do, iA.

Yes, I agree.
Also, I agree with your point on Imran basically being a nice, earnest guy, and fate being the true villain in AIna and Imran's story. And I wouldn't have minded these two together even though Emad and Aina are my true sweethearts.
Also, like someone else pointed out, I think the story and show the makers wanted to show was really not the one I wanted to see. I think I was swept away by those few brilliant episodes, and the off-the-charts dynamic of Aina and Emmad. I think otherwise, this has been a very average show to me. In my mind, the dynamic between the newly married EMNa was very important and the crux of the story, how a man usually so aloof is, quite suddenly, so drawn to his new wife, and how his wife comes out of her own grief to live a happy, engaging life. But the makers were interested in something entirely different. Their interest was more in making a sort of social drama than a romantic one. And they never really altered Emmad's character as I would have wanted (based on the story I thought was going to be told). So it would have been better to have ended this show 10 episodes avon, and started a new one with these two spectacular finds in the lead. A sort of Beintehaa with Emad instead of Sami!
I mean look at Ayeza Khan and Imran. Their pair was well appreciated during Tum Kon Piya which was otherwise a very dismal and sad show. So, instead of changing things, the makers just put these two very charismatic actors in a newer and possibly more romantic show together! How hard is that to do?
Hivi thumbnail

Originally posted by: JNam

Yes, I agree.
Also, I agree with your point on Imran basically being a nice, earnest guy, and fate being the true villain in AIna and Imran's story. And I wouldn't have minded these two together even though Emad and Aina are my true sweethearts.
Also, like someone else pointed out, I think the story and show the makers wanted to show was really not the one I wanted to see. I think I was swept away by those few brilliant episodes, and the off-the-charts dynamic of Aina and Emmad. I think otherwise, this has been a very average show to me. In my mind, the dynamic between the newly married EMNa was very important and the crux of the story, how a man usually so aloof is, quite suddenly, so drawn to his new wife, and how his wife comes out of her own grief to live a happy, engaging life. But the makers were interested in something entirely different. Their interest was more in making a sort of social drama than a romantic one. And they never really altered Emmad's character as I would have wanted (based on the story I thought was going to be told). So it would have been better to have ended this show 10 episodes avon, and started a new one with these two spectacular finds in the lead. A sort of Beintehaa with Emad instead of Sami!
I mean look at Ayeza Khan and Imran. Their pair was well appreciated during Tum Kon Piya which was otherwise a very dismal and sad show. So, instead of changing things, the makers just put these two very charismatic actors in a newer and possibly more romantic show together! How hard is that to do?

YES

My problem with this post leap KNK is the same as you ve. They could ve explored so many dimensions of MoNa's relationship but alas, they ve digressed into the same old territory- second gen romance, their problems.

If it was any other show I wouldn't ve minded but after getting so many glimpses of good performances n screenplay, it annoys me that so many possibilities remain unexplored.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

@JNam. I agree with you on wanting to watch the dynamics of MoNa's story. the leap should've not happened. but if the writers were insisted in making it, the've atleast make it run for 10 episodes , no more..coz they drifted the story so far from MoNa and ImNa. it is like watching a new show..the soul of KNK is lost.