Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: .Subha.

Is that a tattoo on Abram's chest or a sticker?

tattoo same as SRK's
bokul thumbnail
King Khan @iamsrk reacts to a #DusKiDahaad performance by our #Knights. Here's what he had to say... #AmiKKR http://www.instagram.com/p/BSmJkIkBO-_/
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I think I found out that member who made those Dudwale ids.πŸ˜†
bokul thumbnail

please pm me
bokul thumbnail

Edited by -DZ- - 7 years ago
bokul thumbnail

good thinkingπŸ˜›πŸ˜›
bokul thumbnail
Shah Rukh KhanVerified account @iamsrk
More

Oh well...there will be another knight. Congratulations Mumbai Indians. KKR boys v slipped' a bit but well played. Good effort.

bokul thumbnail

Even I wanted to produce a film with Akshay Kumar: Shah Rukh Khan on studio collaborations

Shah Rukh Khan
NAYANDEEP RAKSHIT | Tue, 11 Apr 2017-06:15am , Mumbai , DNA

Shah Rukh Khan on his dream of bringing the Mahabharat to the big screen and about the importance of studio collaborations

When it comes to Shah Rukh Khan, you know the man is acutely aware of his strengths and weaknesses. He knows how markets " domestic and international " work and is keen on taking risks, and that's always a great mix for a movie entrepreneur of his stature. Here he talks about his dream of making his version of India's greatest epic, Red Chillies' way ahead, the importance of collaborations and more...

You have said that you want to make Mahabharat on a big scale. Is that happening?

It's my dream to make the Mahabharat for the screen. It's been for years now. But I don't think I have the budget to do that. I would love to do it, but I don't think I could afford to. Unless I collaborate. But not with Indian producers. There have to be international producers on board for this one because Indian producers and Indian films have a limited market. This one has to go out into the international markets. So you have to collaborate with someone who's international. You don't take up a subject like the Mahabharat and make it any less. It should be on the scale of a Baahubali or an even larger one.

Are you planning to collaborate with international producers anytime soon then?

I'm extremely busy. If I get there, it would be lovely to make that film. I have spoken to a few. Every second person wants to make Mahabharat. There's nothing concrete happening yet.

With studios shutting down all around, do you have plans of making Red Chillies the next big Indian studio?

The studio model in India isn't really a studio model. Studio models are Yash Raj or Dharma. They are actualy studios. Yash Raj even distributes their own films, Dharma doesn't as yet, but they do have affiliates who do it for them.

So with due respect to all the studios that claim to be studios, they are all wonderful people and have helped me. Whether it's a Chennai Express or other films, they are just leasing filmmakers, but they are not a part of the creative aspect.

Could you elaborate on that?

Mr Walt Disney was a part of everything and that's why he created the studio model. And he made the film, and he sold the film and he borrowed the money or lost the money while the whole studio is backing him up. Similarly, there's Warner Brothers or Columbia Pictures there. Here, in India, I think they came as distributors who are giving you money, taking your film and releasing it. They really don't put any inputs in creating the content. They just hire the actors. I am not trying to create a studio, I just want to make it easy for my filmmakers. We can market it with our own people, and convince other people. It's our film at the end of the day. I'm trying to do that. Who knows? I may fail completely and next year, when you meet me, I would be on the roads hoping somebody signs me up (laughs) or if it does well, it's not to create a studio model or become a Warner Brothers, or Yash Raj or Dharma. I don't think I'm as good as them. Visual effects are my core, so I will try and make more films around that.

Salman Khan and Karan Johar are now producing a film with Akshay Kumar in the lead. Do you think that will bring in a new trend?

It should be collaborative. And it should have been done a long time back. But it's very good that Karan and Salman are making a film with Akshay. I wanted to do that. But the story and all didn't work out. I'm sure he is really open to it. I think whenever there is an opportunity, as producers, we should make this happen. Firstly, we should get this correct. They should not be taken as individuals, as Karan or Salman. It's Dharma and SKF. They are different identities, they are film producers. It's about the company, not about individuals. So, two companies have come together to make a film with a big movie star. Similarly, we at Red Chillies do it too. Maybe, Dharma and Red Chillies, or YRF. Filmmaking should be collaborative. The more collaboration there is, in music, filmmaking, storytelling " you will have better films. Tintin was made by Steven Spielberg, who loved it and he produced it and let Peter Jackson " who owned it " direct it. It's something Steven Spielberg always wanted to make and direct, but he found that Peter Jackson has it, he said, Let's collaborate' and make it together.

bokul thumbnail

Did you know this song had predicted Shah Rukh Khan's unmatchable stardom and success back in 1997

And the King conquered...

By Gaurang Chauhan | Updated: April 11, 2017 10:04 am
2.7kSHARES
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+

comments
Did you know this song had predicted Shah Rukh Khan's unmatchable stardom and success back in 1997
  • Shah Rukh Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Jacqueline Fernandez light up Karan Johar's party
  • Shah Rukh Khan and AbRam Khan twinning with tattoos is the best thing you will see today
  • Here's why Shah Rukh Khan is the undisputed king of selfies - check out pics
  • Shah Rukh Khan, Kriti Sanon, Rekha attend the screening of Anushka Sharma's Phillauri

You know that feeling when you are going through a certain mood and you come across a song that speaks to you. There are plenty of such songs. In fact, just in Bollywood there are songs for almost each and every mood. Be it break up, wedding, travel, party, or patriotism etc. But how would you react if you come across a song that would predict the future? Well there is one song, that when released in 1997 came true for its lead star, years later. Yes I am talking about the much loved Chaand Taare from 1997 hit, Yes Boss. In the film Shah Rukh Khan is playing a small time real estate agent who wants to make it big in life and in order to be that he becomes a Yes-Man to his Boss. During one of the sequence there is a song where Shah Rukh Khan is seen dancing on the roads of Mumbai, hoping to be the King of the world and guess what...he actually did become one, sort of.

The lyrics by Javed Akhtar, fit Shah Rukh Khan's personality and status like a glove, as if they written keeping him in mind.

Confused? Let's dissect the lyrics and you'll know what I am talking about:

But first check out the lyrics here. Checks out the songs below:

Saari Duniya Par Main Chaaon, Main Banjaoon Sab Se Badaa and Saari Daulat, Saari Taaqat, Saari Duniya Par Hukumat

SRK1

One of the lines express Shah Rukh's character's wishes to rule the world and be the biggest of them all and guess what...According to a report by Forbes, in 2015, he indeed was termed as the biggest movie star in the World.

SRK2

Again, similar to the above line, was another line where he shares similar sentiments. And again, as seen in a report by WealthX in 2014, he was termed as the richest Indian and second richest actor in the world, second only to comedian Jerry Seinfeld. And that's no mean feat. Check out the report here.

Mere Peeche, Mere Aagey, Haath Jodey, Duniya Bhaagey

Untitled-14

Sharukh-crowd srk-crowd

Haseenayein Bhi Dil Hoon Khoti

srk-frnx Untitled-8 Untitled-10 Untitled-11 Untitled-12

Soney Ka Mahal Miley

house house-1 house-2 interior-2 interior-3 interior-6 SRk

Barasne Lagein Heere Moti

teaser-award

Heere' and moti' is a metaphor for awards, rewards, accolades and recognition. And he has been showered with quite a few. Check 'em out here. The list consists of such accolades only till 2013, post which SRK has garnered many more such awards.

Published: April 11, 2017 9:40 am | Updated: April 11, 2017 10:04 am
bokul thumbnail

Shah Rukh Khan inspired by Karan Johar, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar's collaboration

by Filmfare | Tue, Apr 11, 2017

Shah Rukh Khan wants to make the Hindi film industry a more professional space. He also has ambitions to make a magnum opus inspired by the Mahabharata and he wants this film to be as big as or bigger than Baahubali. For his ambitious project, SRK wants to collaborate with international producers and ensure the film has a global market.

Shah Rukh Khan is also inspired by the professionalism and scope of the studio system prevalent in the West. He hopes to emulate their business ethics and make Hindi films a more collaborative effort. In the interview he also revealed that he was inspired by the recent move of Karan Johar and Salman Khan producing a film with Akshay Kumar as the hero. He was quoted in the interview stating, "The studio model in India isn't really a studio model. Studio models are Yash Raj or Dharma. They are actual studios. Yash Raj even distributes their own films, Dharma doesn't as yet, but they do have affiliates who do it for them." He also remarked that he too wanted to make a film with Akshay Kumar, but that project didn't materialise. He's happy that Dharma has decided to collaborate with Salman Khan Films to produce a movie with a leading superstar of Hindi films. He also expressed his wish to see Red Chillies collaborate with the likes of Yash Raj and Dharma in the near future.

As always, King Khan has the grandest plans and he's not afraid of dreaming big.

More on: Filmfare, Shah Rukh Khan