Chandrakanta- show vs novel similarity and difference

Therealbiggboss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi everyone
I am really excited to be part of this excellent show forum
Firstly I had read the novel Chandrakanta and Chandrakanta Santati(part2) by Great Devki Nandan Khatri
Not once but 4 times coz i had both in my home and believeme it's epic and one of the most thrilling suspense novel i had read
so I am here to get ur all attention on the plot of novel vs show
First similarities
1) Names are same with Characters like Chandrakanta virendra etc all are same as novel exceptsome like Maricha
2) the term Aiyyari is taken from the novel itself
3) the concept of Tilasma is same and show's take on it is 99% same
4) the beauty of Chandrakanta and her importance is well defined in both
5) the sets and royal setup is beautifully crafted as described in novel
I can't get more similarities
Now differences
1) while Aiyyari term is same but not the concept as in novel it is clearly written by Devki ji that aiyarri is not any myth or magic. It's pure science where person using different natural chemicals can take anyone face but here it's shown as magic and mantra tanra which is sry but big letdown for me
2) in novel from starting only it showed that both Chandrakanta and virendra love each other and battle starts only coz of that. But here it is shown differently which is also good
3) the kingdoms are swapped between shivdutt and virendra here which I think is for suspence element and for that I will not reveal more coz it will kill ur thrill
4) respective aiyaars of SD and Viru is also swapped maybe coz kingdoms are swapped
5) the way Kroor is shown comic with nazim and Ahmad is not in novel. In novel as per his name he is really cruel who killed his father for Chandrakanta. But maybe his character will shape up in coming episodes
6) the biggest let down is the way Pandit Jagganath is shown. He is one of the main characters in novel and here he is shown for no good reasons and time
Hope as episodes increases this show will be more good
Thank u all for reading this long post
Ankit Pandey
P.S- Healthy conversation is always welcome

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naturesk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Always good to hear from someone who has read the novel. Thanks for the review 😃
whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I once tried to read novel but failed miserably.
But I watched DD version of chandrakantha.
Which was too good for that time where technology is not much improved.
As you say pandit jaganath and his koot neeti were strong point of story.
But many things in New chandra kantha fails too impress me.
naneta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tfs. As i havent watched the old Chsndrakanta or maybe i did as a kid but do not remember it at all as i was too young..lol
But its entirely a fresh concept for me and this is ehat attracted me towards it as i have no info to draw comparisons which is good. I can enjoy it as a fresh piece of work.

I am sure this is going to be as epic & grand as the old chandrakanta was.

But thanks for sharing anout the novel 😊

Edited by naneta - 7 years ago
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
beautifull analysis dear i didnt read the novel but watched the old version of CK (DD) yup little bit twisted story in PYP new version but kohi nahi i m loving it too... amazing star cast n intersting way of story telling ..
486792 thumbnail
Hi Ankit!! Thanks for sharing details about the novel.Though I have heard a lot about the novel,I have never read it.From whatever reviews I have read of it online then its a masterpiece of Hindi Literature.Its said to be equivalent to the LOTR series.
Mr Devkinandan Khatri was a writer who was very far away of his time.

Yes the concept of Ayyari has been misunderstood for magic whereas it was pure science and stealth.I think that this is why Mr Khatri's family had problems with the DD version right.

Regarding the show then it's loosely based on the novel and so was the DD version.Neither of the two versions are similar.They have reconstructed the entire story but the premise remains the same.In a way it's good because the audience will have a new story to watch.

I haven't watched the DD seris but I am enjoying this one a lot.
justprati thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Haven't read the novel, but I read some synopsis and did some research before the show started coz the wait seemed too long. But, now I feel I should not have done that coz it spoils the thrill.
Yeah I was also confused by the way the concept of aiyaari was shown in the show. The first time when badri changed into munna using some tantra mantra/chanting I understood that it's gonna be a magical ride. In book aiyaars were very highly trained spies who could change themselves into other people, even of opposite sex by using makeup and stuff, no magic involved at all. Novel had a more realistic approach to things, but I'm loving the show neverthless.
They are distorting the story in an interesting way, keeping the suspense intact, which is a good thing coz I am not someone who would watch the movie remake after completing the novel/knowing the story.
ChhalkiSyaahi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Pandit Jagannath Jyotishi is a big let down. In the novel he was a good person who used his ramal and jyotishi for giving sane advice. Here, I felt that he is just pure evil.
Though both the DD series and PYP-Chandrakanta are loosely based on the novel, the DD series had the original setting plus many extra things. Here, just the characters are similar rest everything is totally different.

In the novel, Chandrakanta was not much of a decision maker. She depended heavily on Chapla. She was very innocent in the novel. Here, Chandrakanta has a character of her own.

I am much more confused with Shivdutt - Virendra kingdom swap. Were they exchanged as kids? 😕 (Just a thought.) Still, I enjoy watching this show.
Sanchita2017 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ankit-pandey24

Hi everyone
I am really excited to be part of this excellent show forum
Firstly I had read the novel Chandrakanta and Chandrakanta Santati(part2) by Great Devki Nandan Khatri
Not once but 4 times coz i had both in my home and believeme it's epic and one of the most thrilling suspense novel i had read
so I am here to get ur all attention on the plot of novel vs show
First similarities
1) Names are same with Characters like Chandrakanta virendra etc all are same as novel exceptsome like Maricha
2) the term Aiyyari is taken from the novel itself
3) the concept of Tilasma is same and show's take on it is 99% same
4) the beauty of Chandrakanta and her importance is well defined in both
5) the sets and royal setup is beautifully crafted as described in novel
I can't get more similarities
Now differences
1) while Aiyyari term is same but not the concept as in novel it is clearly written by Devki ji that aiyarri is not any myth or magic. It's pure science where person using different natural chemicals can take anyone face but here it's shown as magic and mantra tanra which is sry but big letdown for me
2) in novel from starting only it showed that both Chandrakanta and virendra love each other and battle starts only coz of that. But here it is shown differently which is also good
3) the kingdoms are swapped between shivdutt and virendra here which I think is for suspence element and for that I will not reveal more coz it will kill ur thrill
4) respective aiyaars of SD and Viru is also swapped maybe coz kingdoms are swapped
5) the way Kroor is shown comic with nazim and Ahmad is not in novel. In novel as per his name he is really cruel who killed his father for Chandrakanta. But maybe his character will shape up in coming episodes
6) the biggest let down is the way Pandit Jagganath is shown. He is one of the main characters in novel and here he is shown for no good reasons and time
Hope as episodes increases this show will be more good
Thank u all for reading this long post
Ankit Pandey
P.S- Healthy conversation is always welcome

You are 100% correct
Detox thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow Ankit, thanks for sharing the novel details with us 👍🏼