Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HappySoul-4va thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
hey sweety...thanks for startign a new story on Manan..they are love 😳..
Oke So Manik is the one who earns and takes care of his MOM??? but his dad , hmmm lets forget abt him. He is physically hurting Manik and he is bearing all that..hmmm

and so is Nandini, for the sake of her mother I guess the poor girl is just tolerating the molestation ..its so heart breaking to see them so broken at such age...

I am sure they will find solace in each other and they will fight wid all the odds ..

I am super eager to read more on it...Thanks for the updates sweety..
diehardhrfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HappySoul-4va

hey sweety...thanks for startign a new story on Manan..they are love 😳..

Oke So Manik is the one who earns and takes care of his MOM??? but his dad , hmmm lets forget abt him. He is physically hurting Manik and he is bearing all that..hmmm

and so is Nandini, for the sake of her mother I guess the poor girl is just tolerating the molestation ..its so heart breaking to see them so broken at such age...

I am sure they will find solace in each other and they will fight wid all the odds ..

I am super eager to read more on it...Thanks for the updates sweety..

Thank you so much sweet heart. You're the best!

Now I have a little bit more eagerness to write the story. 😃
aseelashah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great update dear
I am eagerly waiting for Manan meeting
Pls update soon
Thanks for pm
diehardhrfan thumbnail

AT FIRST SIGHT

Nandini stirs in her sleep as sunlight streams in through an open window and falls upon her face. She lies on the hard, cold, oxide floor, just beneath the window from where she had watched Manik last night. The harsh light is disturbing. It finally gets her to open her eyes and cast her weary gaze around the room.

It takes a moment for her to come to her senses and figure out where she actually is. She quickly sits up in a state of panic. Last night's cringe worthy events and the close shave she had comes flooding back.

Still in panic, she quickly checks out the bolt of the door just to make sure it is locked. That it has indeed been locked all night. When she finds it securely bolted, she leans onto the door with her back, sighs in relief and sinks to the floor.

Safe. Yes. For now. What worries her is this - she can't hide in here forever.

"Nandini..."

Dread washes over Nandini's pale face. It is her mother's call from downstairs. She fidgets a bit and wonders what to do. If only she could wait it out till he leaves...

"Nandini..."

It's her mother's call again. A call that she can't ignore. She gets to her feet, opens the door, and steps out a little. "Coming, Amma!"

Announcing this, she recoils into the room, latches up the door and heads to the bathroom. She turns on the tap and allows a jet of water to squirt out before splashing a handful over her face.

She straightens up and watches her reflection in the mirror. The way she looks this morning is... terrible. Fatigue and depression is all over face. As if she hasn't slept or smiled in years.

Moments later, she's out of the bathroom, looking considerably fresher but still groggy. She wipes her face with a towel as she takes baby steps towards the window.

The morning sun, the early birds and the fresh air gives her a renewed sense of hope and the spirit to fight through. It drives away the fear. Fear of the unknown. It gives more clarity. And it gives an unbreakable promise - that no matter what happens today, tomorrow is not the end. Life goes on.

Her absent minded gaze and thoughts drifts to the opposite house.

And then... out of the blue, something comes to her mind - last night's events. No. Not just her terrifying ordeal with Manoj. But the one that happened later.

Her curious gaze searches the room where she found Manik last night - first... emotionless... then, furious... And then... broken.

But the windows that he slammed shut on her face last night, remained shut.

I wonder if he's okay. She can't help but be concerned. Never ever has she witnessed a scene like that - a scene where an older guy smashes the life out of a younger one? In this case, father-son.

Her cell phone rings. It startles her. She picks up her phone. On the screen, flashes a name. "ANKITA".

"Hello?" Nandini answers.

"Where were you yesterday?" comes Ankita's slap. No good mornings or hello's.

"Shifting, told you the other day." Nandini sighed and leaned onto the wall.

"I know that! But you should have answered your phone!"

"I know, I'm sorry. Had a rather busy day..." Nandini's words fade away at busy.

"Hmm. Forgiven," Ankita states. "But don't you dare make it a habit."

"No. I won't," Nandini chuckles.

"Fine. Tell me. How's your new neighbourhood? Met anyone yet?"

"No. But hey. There's something..."

"What?" Ankita grows curious.

"Manik. He's my neighbour."

"Which Manik?"

"Manik Malhotra..."

"Manik..." Ankita doesn't get it. Then... "You mean Manik Malhotra? Your classmate? That weirdo?" She almost screams.

"Yes. Him. He lives opposite to me." Contrary to Ankita's scream, Nandini's voice grows quieter.

"You got to be f**king kidding me!"

Nandini shrugs and swallows her comment with a smile.

"So... did he see you?" she asks curiously.

"Yes..."

"And did he talk?" There is hope and excitement in Ankita's voice.

Nandini ponders the question. Once again, she recollects how he slammed the window on her face. "Not really..." she replies.

Ankita lets out a deep, massive sigh. "Tell me why I'm not surprised! You know... I've actually started to believe that he's dumb."

Nandini laughs at Ankita's statement. "I don't think so," she states and immediately regrets saying so.

"Really? And why, may I ask?"

This is why Nandini regrets making that statement. Now she has to discuss about that uncomfortable incident she witnessed. But maybe not.

"Mm... I saw him having a chat with his friends," Nandini lies. Partially.

"He has friends?" asks Ankita as if having friends is such a strange thing. "Oh boy. I think I've got enough surprises for a day. Sorry darling. I think that this guy is a jerk. And so does everyone else. I mean, look at the guy's attitude. And the way he carries himself."

"Maybe there's more to it than one can see," Nandini comes up in defence.

"And how can you be so sure?"

"I don't know. I can just feel it." Nandini pauses as she hears her mother's call once again. "Uh... Anki... I need to hang up. Amma's calling."

"No problem honey. Coming to college today?"

"Yeah sure," Nandini replies.

Moments later, she is on her way down - straight to the dingy little room in which her mother lies asleep.

Nandini looks around for signs of Manoj.

Loud SPLASHES from the bathroom outside confirms his presence. Unfortunately.

"Nandini..." her mother's weak call brings her back.

"Amma..." she helps her to sit up. "Let's get you cleaned up. Then I'll go and get the milk from the parlour."

Throughout the procedure of clearing out her mother's soiled diapers and clothes, there is complete silence. Nandini is in a hurry and breezes through the process. The splashes from the bathroom comes down relatively, a sign that Manoj's little bath is drawing to an end.

It hits her panic button. She wants to get out of there fast! And hopefully stay away in the parlour till he leaves for duty. But again, for how long can she run? How much can she hide? By evening, it will be the same old story.

Nandini's mother watches her closely. She understands. She knows what her daughter has to go through every day - with life. And with Manoj. It kills her with guilt and anger. Frustration - that she is unable to do anything about it. Slowly, she reaches out for her daughter's hand and holds it gently.

Nandini feels her mother's touch and looks up at her.

Her mother says nothing. But her pain ridden eyes say a thousand words. A million apologies. And one promise - I won't let that happen to you.

Suddenly, the tears sting with all its might at the back of Nandini's eyes. But she just suppresses it with a smile. "I'll be right back," she assures her mother before rising to her feet.

She heads to the kitchen and blindly gropes over the counters as if searching for something. But it is just a weak attempt to pull herself together. To stop herself from crying. The helplessness and rage she fights through each day is one thing, but to find that same emotion in her mother's eyes is unbearable.

The eerie silence from the bathroom gives her another reason to stop. Any minute, Manoj will be out. So she quickly pulls herself together, picks up a small shopping bag and hurries to the gate.

The moment she opens the gate, she sees A FACE that dissolves all fear within.

MANIK.

He is barely six feet away from her when he steps out of his own house. He closes the gate behind him and prepares to walk away but freezes when he catches a glimpse of Nandini.

At first sight, it is fury on his face. This is the girl who caught him in a very vulnerable situation last night - she had seen the state of his family. His life. She witnessed him getting mauled by his own father. And after that, she saw him close to tears. He hated it. He hated anyone who spied on his vulnerability. His pain. He hated it!!!

Nandini on the other hand, couldn't take her eyes off the shiners on his face. Several cuts on his face from being attacked last night. And a fierce bluish bruise over his cheek. There is a certain degree of swelling on his face as well.

Manik's grip over the bolt of his gate tightens. The way she ogles at him bugs him off! This girl is way too nosey!

Nandini tenses as he latches up his gate and advances on her.

He is hardly an arm's length away. He takes a couple of quick glances around. Makes sure that the coast is clear before he gets really close.

She takes a nervous step back. And for the first time ever, he utters his first words to her.

"Keep it with you. Everything. If I hear this around from somewhere, I know where to look for you."

Nandini stares back into his terrifying glare, her chest pounding very hard. He lets the message... the threat... sink into her really well before walking off.

AKHIAWAL thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Amazinggge!!Thank you for the pm.Update soon
HappySoul-4va thumbnail
hey sweety...thanks for the update ..
so a new day...for Nandini again . God she is so scared, my heart ached to see her getting all worried r8 from lockign the door to getting ready and then taking care of mother to rushing out of the House..

why soem souls need to bare so much pain ata very young age . Her mother knws but even she cant do anything, infact she is not in a condition..that douche bag is takign advantage of these two helpless Women..such a dog..

RK behaves weirdly in college...ist because he dnt want to show the world how vulnerable and deprived he is ??? ohh poor boy..

so he indeed threatened her..but dude, she didnt reveal it to her best buddy so, chill..

this is gng in the best way..i am curious..

thank u for the PM and the update dear
diehardhrfan thumbnail

hey sweety...thanks for the update ..

so a new day...for Nandini again . God she is so scared, my heart ached to see her getting all worried r8 from lockign the door to getting ready and then taking care of mother to rushing out of the House..

why soem souls need to bare so much pain ata very young age . Her mother knws but even she cant do anything, infact she is not in a condition..that douche bag is takign advantage of these two helpless Women..such a dog..

RK behaves weirdly in college...ist because he dnt want to show the world how vulnerable and deprived he is ??? ohh poor boy..

so he indeed threatened her..but dude, she didnt reveal it to her best buddy so, chill..

this is gng in the best way..i am curious..

thank u for the PM and the update dear

Your comment just made my day! Thank you so much my dear 😳 I was in fact thinking of discontinuing this story, all thanks to the poor response. But you made me think twice. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Who's RK by the way? 😲 I know Manik is the one you're talking about. But...?
HappySoul-4va thumbnail

Originally posted by: diehardhrfan

Your comment just made my day! Thank you so much my dear 😳 I was in fact thinking of discontinuing this story, all thanks to the poor response. But you made me think twice. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Who's RK by the way? 😲 I know Manik is the one you're talking about. But...?

aww that's cute..u made my day by giving us this awesome update
This IF na...i typed and it got auto corrected..its Manik ...Manik and Nandu..MANAN ..my babies sweety..

u can very well start in Wattpad...u kwn there are loads of Manan fans out there and I am sure this Story is worth a try for them so...

if you can then pls do so...
Edited by HappySoul-4va - 7 years ago
aseelashah thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow amazing update dear
I am looking forward to manan meetings
Thanks for pm dear
Pls update soon
diehardhrfan thumbnail

aww that's cute..u made my day by giving us this awesome update
This IF na...i typed and it got auto corrected..its Manik ...Manik and Nandu..MANAN ..my babies sweety..

u can very well start in Wattpad...u kwn there are loads of Manan fans out there and I am sure this Story is worth a try for them so...

if you can then pls do so...

Oh, it's on Wattpad already! I update simultaneously, here and there. But it's the same old story there as well. Poor response. 😭 Worse than IF. Probably the story is boring. Who knows?