Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Witcher thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
First sorry for the late comment
I just decided I want to study law as well meaning I will have double pressure and will spend more time studying and going to university
And I started and quit my job so that's why my life was kind of "weird"

I love how easy and real and funny the relationships are
It's really funny to read Nandinis thoughts and I love that you are not one of those writers that mention how hot and perfect Manik is all the time, others should learn that

I can't find anything that I dislike usually that's very easy for me but here I have no complaints

Eric (Theo James for me 😃😃) is a love at first read kind of guy, it's hard to like a new character but you really made him that awesome

Since I have read more chapters than you published, I hope I can request to read more of him as well

have you ever thought of writing and publishing a book, I feel your characters are real and charming in a real life kind of way ( I hope I make sense)
ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ak88

Loved the update

Eagerly waiting for the next update
For some dhmaka

I hope, you find the dhamaka you are waiting for.

Thanks a ton!!
ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: chair1992

First sorry for the late comment

I just decided I want to study law as well meaning I will have double pressure and will spend more time studying and going to university
And I started and quit my job so that's why my life was kind of "weird"

I love how easy and real and funny the relationships are
It's really funny to read Nandinis thoughts and I love that you are not one of those writers that mention how hot and perfect Manik is all the time, others should learn that

I can't find anything that I dislike usually that's very easy for me but here I have no complaints

Eric (Theo James for me 😃😃) is a love at first read kind of guy, it's hard to like a new character but you really made him that awesome

Since I have read more chapters than you published, I hope I can request to read more of him as well

have you ever thought of writing and publishing a book, I feel your characters are real and charming in a real life kind of way ( I hope I make sense)

It's gotta be me, who needs to apologise for having delayed the updates to this extent that this is the situation now. So please, you don't need to be sorry for commenting late. It's rather me, who should be sorry. And , I am sorry.

I am glad you took a step in your personal life for your betterment. Until and unless you have your heart set at it and the determination to achieve things, nothing can be impossible for you. It might have challenges but you will definitely nail it.

Go for it girl, study hard and you surely are gonna make it.

Well, life is difficult, no one ever said that life is going to be easy peasy right? So it's okay. And for the job, let's just say it wasn't worth you. You got something better waiting for you. ;)

I am just glad you find the relations more natural. Well, if I always mention the hotness in the name of Manik, I will have Nandini drooling over him and that may or may not appeal Manik, neither does it appeal me. He has got more traits than just good looks. I won't comment anything about other writers because I haven't been the one to read their works, you know them better, I am not into reading MaNan works. Haven't found something that has the pull.

That's really sweet of you,, because having said that you convey that by far I have done fine with this piece of work. And I wish to continue that. But you also need to know that no matter what I would always welcome opinions and thoughts mentioning something that the readers dislike, you being one of them. So if you ever feel that, do not hesitate to voice it out.. or well, comment and convey it.

As long as you like Eric, I am fine with whom so ever you consider to play the character in your head. To be honest, I am overwhelmed for the love that Eric is being showered with. So you being one of them, I would like to thank you. Thank you for appreciating and having warmly accepted him.

Yes, you have read more chapters than what's published. So you wish to read more of Eric?

Maybe someday, I will be able to polish my skills to that level where I can go ahead and plan to write and publish a book. You never know, I might as well plan to publish this one itself with a bit of editing. 😆 Just saying, but not yet given it a thought apart from uploading these piece of works here and sharing it with you all.
ShenzK thumbnail
Chapter Five.

XXX
Nandini's P.O.V.
Walking out of the school wasn't easy; not when everyone stared at me as if I had grown two heads. By now everyone present in the school must have heard about the fiasco that happened in the hallway during the lunch time. Their pointed gaze and secretly whispering behind my back was a clear indication.

Though right now I wasn't really concerned about any of it, all I cared was to make things right with Eric. In a short span of time, I found a family I always craved for. When he had first reached out for me, I was overwhelmed that I was been cared for; that I was important - and not rejected. However, I didn't know where I stood after this fiasco.

My shoulders slumped as I sat on the wooden bench nearby. Different scenarios flooded in my mind of how Eric could have taken all of this and how he would react once I reach home. All I wanted was rush towards home and plop on the bed, embracing the warmth and homely feeling around me. But a part of me didn't want to, just the thought of losing a brother - a family - I finally had, made me want to run to the opposite direction.

"Nandini," I heard a male voice far behind me. I didn't bother to turn and greet whosoever the person was. I felt the person plopping next to me as he let out a heavy sigh, though I still didn't want to look at him. My eyes trained on something at a far distance - nothing in specific - maybe the family that I was to lose, again. The scene flashed against my eyes again and again; and I couldn't help but hope to recollect something as a hint to Eric's reaction.

I had ignored the girl after she declared her accusation. She could go on for all I cared. I didn't really care what she thought of me or what names she called me. For all I cared was my brother, who stood there, as the newly found information sank into his system. When he didn't give any sort of an expression to give away his thoughts, I panicked.

Taking measured steps towards him, while my eyes trained onto him; not wanting to miss any of his reaction, in case, he gave one. But he didn't.

I reached out, "I can explain," though the reality was I didn't know what to explain or how to even to start with.

"Not here," his tone was deadly calm, unlike him, "we will discuss this at home." And with that he walked past me.

But I couldn't point out at anything; nothing!

"You need to let it out. You need to talk." A palm landed on my shoulder, consoling yet hesitant. My head snapped up to look at Manik. His worried expression reminded me of the situation that I was in and his concerned eyes met with mine.

"Talk," I let out a bitter laugh. There wasn't much to talk. And that's when it struck me, "It was girlfriend." I spat the words at him. Damn, if it wasn't for his girlfriend I wouldn't have to deal with this situation; not this way at least.

Scrunching his nose he snarled, "I don't do girlfriends." His response was laced with disapproval as though the idea of having a girlfriend sickened him.

Could it? I thought.

"More over she isn't my girlfriend, never was. It was just an arrangement for that night. She was my date then, just for a night." His casual tone as he spoke the last words was roughly edged as though he was used to the idea. Though I didn't need his damn explanation, he could go around and date as many girls as he wanted to only if he made sure none of them cross my path as one of them did today.

"I don't care whether you do girlfriends or boyfriends or none of them," I retorted, "just keep that clinging dimwit away from me and my brother." I didn't care to filter my language at this point when I was too consumed by fear and guilt.

"By the way, why the hell was she clinging on to my brother?" I fumed with anger as an image of her pressing on Eric, all the wrong ways, appeared in front of my eyes.

Puke worthy image.

"She does that."

"Does what?" I asked confused, "Rubs on Eric?" I cringed at the thought of it.

"Ugh! No, she keeps swinging from one guy to the other." His shoulders slightly bumped into mine as he shrugged. It seemed as though it didn't matter. Couldn't he get anyone else to be his date that he had to settle for someone like her?

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at his comment, "I just don't want to witness girls like her with Eric," but instantly a thought shattered me and I added, "Whether I am there or not."

He sighed, "You think he is going to end this up," he paused trying to pick his words, "this thing with you, don't you?" I shrugged in response. How was I supposed to react?

"I don't know how he has taken all of this. And I definitely don't know where I stand after this incident." I could feel tears building up in my eyes and my voice got heavier with each word I uttered. He threw his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"I am scared that he would think of me and all his efforts to try and reach out to me as a mistake." I was really scared, "what if he wouldn't want me anymore?" I rested my head on his shoulder and let my eyelids meet.

"God!" He growled, "Did you hear yourself out?"

I scrunched my nose, "I haven't dealt with any of this earlier. So of course I don't know what is rational or not."

"So is he," his voice softened, "you both are new to this. He hasn't dealt with any of this earlier, either."

"I know that," My eyes went open and I replied instantly. I wasn't a fool to not understand this thing but he sounded as though I was which didn't settle quiet well with me. "But we aren't related the way other siblings do." And we both hated the one factor that had us connected - our father. But I wasn't really sure of letting that information to Manik. He might be Eric's best friend and might already know but I just couldn't let it out to him.

A genuine smile crawled up his lips as he stared at a far distance, as though recollecting something. "He was ecstatic ever since he got to know he had a sister." I was stunned at the newly found information though I had seen his eyes dancing with joy when he had first seen me in person.

Manik looked back at me and continued, "He couldn't stop talking about you. He didn't care how you were connected to him, all he cared was he was connected to you."

"You wouldn't believe what else he had done," his eyes hinted humour and I instantly knew my brother had been talking to his friend ever since he got to know about me. We had some serious discussion to be done when I get home, and settle the situation first. "He spoke to your grandparents, cousins and everyone whom he could contact to dig out information about you. He kept a constant track of you." That sounds like stalking. God! My brother needed counselling, though I did feel happy. But Eric and I needed to talk about this.

"Your grandparents weren't convinced initially; we had a hard time to deal with them." I know my grandparents could get really protective about me. They felt the need to protect me ever since my mother died. But my mind drifted back to his words and swung around, we'.

"We?"

"Yes, we! Eric was getting helpless and had no clue how to convince them. He ran out of ideas. Can you believe that, Eric Miller ran out of ideas?" He exaggerated the entire thing dodging my question. Why was he helping Eric?

I arched my brows at him, "You wouldn't really quit this, will you?" He sighed in defeat.

"Naah!"

"Well, do you think he would have been able to hide his excitement when it was anything related to his little one? Because he can't hide his excitement when he talks about you. He may not be expressive with words, not saying that I am, but his voice is attuned to a different level of anxiety and his face is way more expressive when he talks about his little sister." He explained while I could see a vast number of expressions crossing his face as well.

"So we were a team when he needed. And at last he found an opportunity to finally get in touch with you. He evaluated the option for long, not wanting to startle you. He didn't want to impose himself on you. He wanted a smooth way out." He smiled goofily.

"What if he might realize that I am not worth; nothing of it was worth and decide to-" I knew my brother loved me but he might realize it sooner or later that I am not putting in as much effort as he is and would withdraw.

"Then you don't know your worth yet, kitten." He held my gaze and his eyes portrayed sincerity, "You are important." His fingers brushed across my cheek as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"He didn't talk to me back then," He knew I was referring to the incident at school during lunch.

"He isn't the easy going guy." He let out a defeated sigh, "He probably didn't want to hurt you. His anger can get the best and worst out of him. And here, in this case, it would have probably got the worst. He just didn't want you to see that side of his," Just like I didn't want him to see the worst and vulnerable side of mine.

He waved his hand in the air as though demonstrating a vast object, "All of this is quiet new to him. He might have been following you up but at last having to build that bond with you is different. It is real. He is just trying to come in terms with all of this reality." We both were struggling to let the reality sink into us. It wasn't just me. It wasn't just him. We both were trying.

Manik found it necessary to clarify his previous statement, "Not that he doesn't want to, for the efforts he is putting up, he surely is trying a lot more than what he is capable of." I know that. I have seen it.

"You both are family to each other. You might have difference of opinion, you might fight, have arguments but you need to know whatever it is, you will have each other as a family. No matter what, you are family to him as much as he is to you." I didn't pry over the emotion that was threaded into his words as he spoke about Eric's family.

"Don't let go off of your brother without a fight, if he is important to you." Of course he is. "Because as much as I know Eric, he wouldn't let go off of someone who is important to him; and you surely are one of those important people to him, Nandini. He wouldn't let go off of you without fighting tooth and nail. It is something I can tell you with cent percent surety."

"You mean he isn't going to kick me out?" After his long speech I questioned him with puzzled expression as brows furrowed.

"Where the hell do get such absurd ideas from?" He looked at me with amusement and rolled his head back as he laughed.

Once sober, he spoke, "Of course he won't." He nibbled at his lower lip trying to stifle his laugh but failed. "And if he does, you can come with me." His offer would have seemed genuine if his eyes didn't gleam with mischief.

Crossing my arms, I glared at him, "Jerk."

"Kitten," He grinned and pulled me along as he stood on his feet "Let's get you home." I wasn't sure whose home was I being dragged to.

As we got nearer, I saw the familiar lane and the house appeared, I fumbled. With each step my heart beat quickened and nervousness kicked in, once again. At last when we reached home, I quickly shuffled through my bag and took the keys, opening the door. I entered the house and a pair of arms flew to me as they embraced me into the affection of homeliness.

"Where were you for so long?" Eric's voice seemed to be laced with worry that washed across my skin as he still wasn't ready to let me go. His hold tight just the way I would have held him, not willing to let my family go; not that easily.

"Where is your cell phone?" He asked with his brows furrowed. While I tried to recollect the whereabouts of my cell phone, he didn't bother to falter his expression.

"In my bag?" It was more of a question but I seriously thought it was there, "I might have dumped it in my bag once I had switched it off."

Ignoring his questioning glance, I spoke what has been eating me up, "We need to talk." He nodded in response as he led me to the living area and made me settle on the couch. Though my conversation with Manik or his long speech did help me out a little, I was still scared.

Like earlier, I wasn't sure how to start with the whole explaining thing but I had to. My eyes followed Eric's movement as he padded across the area, back and forth. "Did I ever give you an impression that you couldn't share things with me?" He let out a frustrated sigh as the words escaped his mouth, indicating the failure he was probably experiencing.

My head shook in negation, unable to find words to respond to him. I would never want to experience a sight like this. He had made efforts that no one else in his place would have made. It wasn't his fault, if that was what he was thinking about. If at all anyone was to be blamed, it would have to be me. He should be blaming me. I was consumed by the fear that I might be living in a bubble - too good to be true - and it might burst any moment. I just didn't want to let it go. I wanted it to continue for as long as it could and collect all the happy moments when it at last ended.

"Was I not a good brother to you?" He popped another question. And I knew this was wrong on so many levels.

"No." I yelled instantly in response. Where the hell did he get those ideas from? I was the one who messed up this time, not him. And he was questioning himself.

Damn you, Nandini Miller.

"I am sorry. It's me who screwed up. It was my fault not yours. So stop questioning yourself." I was defeated. I sank into my seat unable to take any of it anymore. He sat beside me, wrapping his arms around my shoulder, providing me the much needed comfort.

"Tell me, then." His voice was a soft whisper, a plea that I didn't have the heart to deny. Letting out a heavy breath that I didn't know I was holding for so long, I told him all of it, only after editing certain information that was best for him to not know.

I had my eyes trailed onto the flooring for the entire time as I recited the incidents of that unplanned night. By the time I had finished I hesitantly gazed up, I was met with Eric's darkened eyes.

"He tried something on you, didn't he?" He asked in a clipped tone, though it wasn't a question if the finality in his tone was anything to go with. I couldn't help but gulp audibly.

"Of course, he did." He answered his own question, standing right in front of me and I could see rage pumping into his system.

"He was drunk." I stood up as well, as I reasoned which seemed odd to my own ears but I didn't want Eric to go around and beat the shit out of a guy. He was important to me to let him face the trouble, even if it concerned me.

"That isn't an excuse to try his hands on you." He barked right back at me. His eyes moved past me, "Even you hid this all along."

"It wasn't my story to tell you." I heard Manik's voice over my shoulder and realized that he stood right behind me. He was standing there all along.

"But didn't I have the right to know about it, considering it was my sister who could have been," He raked his hands through his hairs in defeat, "Damn! I don't want to think about what could have happened if you wouldn't have ended up there."

"You shouldn't give him the title of Knight in Shining Armour' when he didn't do much." I almost yelled at my brother in annoyance. I didn't care the amused look that Manik held or the vigorous shaking of Eric's head. I mean, Hello! I wasn't some damsel in distress that needed some major rescue operation. I did a fine job to rescue myself.

"I am girl who knows how to use her knees to her advantage." I narrowed my eyes at Eric stating how serious I was about having someone else being fully entitled as the one to rescue me, when I did most of the job. "You aren't giving me much credit, brother." My hands rested on my hips as I glared at the two highly egoistic males in front of me.

His serious expression softened and he burst into fits of laughter and Manik joined along. "I am glad that I wasn't on the receiving end, little one." Eric's threw his arm over my shoulder as he pulled me into his protective embrace and I was glad that we were back. The special endearment made my heart swell.

Maybe, I haven't messed up completely. There still seems to be a fair chance and this time I would make sure, if either of us screwed up we weren't going to give up. We would fight back to get back where we belonged - like a family, together.
"I am happy that you are not mad at me anymore." I spoke my heart out.

"I was never mad at you," he kissed the crown of my head, "I could have never been." His words felt reassuring as he stroked the side of my upper arm as he held me dearly close. It felt good to have finally straightened the issue.

It was as though only when he felt assured enough that I won't run away in the opposite direction once he loosens his grip, only then he pulled away.

"Hope we have learnt our first lesson," His tone took the serious note and I knew he wasn't to be messed up with; but I almost had a tour to hell and back throughout the day and I surely wasn't slipping into seriousness so easily. We could talk about it the fun way, playfully.

"What lesson?" I asked innocently, well, at least I tried to act innocently. His brows shot up and he adorned a knowing look. My looks don't work anymore, I huffed at the thought. I gave a pout in response.

"Our first lesson," he repeated, "we would tell each other everything." I furrowed my brows at his mention of everything.'

"At least incidents like this," he exhaled heavily, "You would come and me, if anything like this occurs." He ran his fingers through his thick hair, "Hell, if anything that bothers you, you would tell me, though I would try my best to make sure nothing happens in the first place." He stuttered as if he was guilty of some crime.

It wasn't your mistake.' It felt important for me to assure him. I wanted to say but rather I chose to say, "I know that you wouldn't let any harm touch me."

"But, hey, don't I get to know everything from you too." I am sure he saw the mischievous look on my face as he chuckled and answered affirmatively, "Yes, you do."

"Even about your girlfriends," I had a cheeky grin as I teased.

"You are unbelievable." He laughed. "How did I ever become this lucky to have you as my sister, little one?" he pinched my nose, making it red and laughing at my expense.

Once he sobered, he asked me to leave, not directly though. "You should go and freshen up. You had a long tiring day."

"You mean I am dismissed." I folded my arms against my chest and glared at him, just to show my displeasure at his dismissing abilities. He could have asked me for some privacy, I wouldn't have pried on the issue, or at least said he wanted meout. But this; this wasn't acceptable. He was coming up with excuses.

He shifted uncomfortably before replying, "Actually," he looked around as if the objects around would give him the words he was trying to pick, "I had some issue in hand, to discuss with Manik." He still looked uneasy.

"Does it have anything to do with me?" I somehow suspected it was a topic related to me as Eric didn't make an eye contact.

"Eric, we just laid down the first rule and our first lesson a few minutes ago," I didn't care if I was behaving like a strict teacher holding a stick and interrogating a kid at kindergarten. But what does a sister do when her brother who is older to her behaves like he is five?

"We tell each other everything." I emphasized on the word everything.' I plopped onto the couch and declared, "I am going to sit here and be a part of this discussion." I eyed him, challengingly. "Go on."

He plopped on the other end of the couch and signalled Manik to take the chair. "What's the matter?" Manik asked curiously.

Eric's eyes floated in my direction then back at Manik, "Leo," It seems like my brother is still stuck with Leo.

"What?" I asked baffled.

"What about him?" Manik asked, completely ignoring me.

"There's nothing more about him." I answered Manik.

"I need to deal with him." Eric's voice was firm and furiously calm. I gulped the lump down my throat, this is getting ridiculous. I just spoke to him this afternoon.

"There's nothing to deal with him." I whisper yelled at my brother.

"He needs to know he messed up with the wrong person this time." Eric continued, as though I had never interrupted. Damn! The two of them were completely ignoring me. "He needs to get the message loud and clear." Something in Eric's tone told me, he was deadly serious about this.

"Eric," I shouted. "I met him this afternoon." I declared, annoyed with the way I was being avoided and also that this incident was unnecessarily dragged. Both of them snapped their heads in my direction.

Wow! Thanks for recognizing my existence, fools, I thought.

"What was that prick doing there?" Manik queried in a clipped tone.

"You met him?" Eric sounded astounded, "I thought we were to tell each other everything." He muttered with disappointment writer all over his face.

"Well, he met me during the lunch time," I gauged his expression trying to catch up any sign of anger, "a few minutes before you came. He was there to apologize." I picked my words very carefully knowing it would trigger a reaction from Eric, if it goes out the wrong way. "And whatever it is, it doesn't matter. But the bottom line is, he is not going to harm me, and you definitely do not need to deal with him."

It took me sometime to make the two of them understand that they didn't need to interfere in this matter and in case, I needed there help, I would ask for it. Though Eric didn't seem to be pleased with the conclusion, he didn't put up a protest.

While Manik turned to leave, I looked up at Eric and said, "Can I walk him till the door?" His brows knitted in suspicion. I knew I had to explain it further. "I need to thank him. I will be back in a minute; we have a lot of things to talk about." I mocked a serious look at him before padding towards Manik, who was already at the door. Curse his long legs.

I and Eric had a lot of issues to discuss though one thing that was for certain was, we would learn a lesson and make a rule every time either of us screwed up but both of us were stubborn enough to fight and not give up. At least, Eric was.

"Manik," I called him when he had exited from the door. I was supposed to walk him to the door that he had already exited, seems like I will have to walk him a little farther.

"Hmm," He turned to mesh his eyes with mine. "What is it kitten, forgot something?" His eyes danced with amusement as his flirtatious tone filled the room. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him.

"I wanted to thank you." He arched his brows at me. Of course, he wouldn't let me have the easy way with this. Jerk! "Let's walk." I gestured him to the sidewalk.

We walked side by side and Manik slid his hand, to rest on the small of my back. It didn't feel odd; rather I was reminded of the Friday night, when we had strolled across this street.

The silence was eating me up and I felt the urge to break it, "Manik, let's start it over again." I was nervous. He eyed me suspiciously but didn't utter a word, so I continued, "I am Nandini Miller," he looked puzzled, "Friends?" I turned on my heel, facing him and held my hand forward to him.

"Manik Malhotra," He smiled, actually smiled and not grinned, "I will be glad to be friends with you." He spoke as he took my hand in his and shook.

"Is there a reason why I get the privilege to be friends with you?" Yes, there surely was a strong reason.

"Today you made me overcome one of my fears," My lips curled into a thin smile, "You made me realize that I had to face any situation that comes up, if I had to make my relation with Eric work. You told me about his efforts and I came to know that I had hardly made a few." I knew these weren't the only reason, though it played as a major reason to what I had decided but somewhere I had got to know that I did trust him. Ever since I met him first, I did. So it was only fair that I did tell him so.

Rising on my toes, I leaned forward into him. I avoided his widened eyes as I pressed my lips on his cheeks. After a second or two, I moved back and smirked at him.

"What was it for?" The amused smile didn't falter, "Not that I am complaining."

"I thought maybe I should thank you properly." My face broke into a grin. Who wouldn't after having to witness the priceless look at his face?

"So, Thank you for everything you did." And I genuinely meant it. Since I had completed what I had to, I walked back towards the house, leaving the puzzled yet smiling Manik.

ShenzK thumbnail
PS: Guys, just a small update , please be aware that the PMs for this Fiction is not being sent. Let me know if that's fine with the couple of you guys who are reading it here.

And for the ones who read this chapter for the first time, you might have guessed by now, I am not the one to approach things in the old-school traditional style. Not the way I believe in approaching things, not with this one at least.

In case, you feel the drama wasn't intense, I apologize, I am not the one with the dramatic writing style. At least that's what I believe.

Rest all is for you all to review and comment. Don't forget to share in your thoughts. Don't be silent readers, open up and comment what you feel about it. And anything else that you feel like sharing. ^_^
Partholic_Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Somebody poke her continuously 😆 Shenz I love you bt I wont stop irritating you to update soonish 😆 And please update her too bcz my wattpad always have some problems again and again 🥱 Give us the update asap haan 😃
Stay blessed 😳
ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: Partholic_Girl

Somebody poke her continuously 😆 Shenz I love you bt I wont stop irritating you to update soonish 😆 And please update her too bcz my wattpad always have some problems again and again 🥱 Give us the update asap haan 😃
Stay blessed 😳

Why would you do that? That is ask someone to poke me continuously? Anyways, I don't mind people keeping on bugging me for updates because I believe that I am quite a interactive person and I blabber way too much. So I am all up, until and unless people open up and post in their views. 😊

Well, I love you too, and I am definitely not gonna get irritated. In fact , you remind me of one of my friends who had introduced me to MaNan & KYY forum. Any which ways, I am trying to speed up my planning and writing process keeping in mind the quality as well.

The whole idea to update here was for non-wattpaders, so need not worry I would keep updating it here as well.

I will give the update sooner. Right now, working on the next, that is the actual next.

Thank you 🤗 And girl, you gotta go study.
ShenzK thumbnail
Chapter Six.
XXX
Nandini's P.O.V.
Bunching the pillow under my hold and pulling it closer as I snuggled into its warmth, I threw my leg over it, "Hmm." Saturday mornings are the best because I can sleep for long hours.

I felt my comforter being tugged upon and I growled in response. "Get up sleepyhead." Eric's gruff voice reached my ears. I swear if this was one of his I need to tell you something important' things; when it's not really important, I would bang his head till he bleeds.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Eric?" I cracked open one eye to look at his smouldering figure. What happened to him at this hour in the morning to be all riled up? Who the hell crawled up in his dream to have him in such a foul mood? Zombies?

"We need to talk," Manik popped his head from behind Eric's shoulder with a furious look directed at me. I figured that hulk. Wait, Manik?

What the hell was that hulk doing here? Not to forget; in the morning while I was still in bed?

Thankfully the comforter was pooled around my waist, covering my legs.

My eyes trailed back at Eric to find him standing there with his arms folded across his chest and his steely fierce gaze fixated at mine. Intimidating - that's how he looked to me, at least the situation did. A bead of sweat rolled down my forehead.

Uh, would someone please bother to fill me in about what the heck is going on, here in my bedroom, I thoughtfully framed the question in my head.

I was freaking on the insides and it wouldn't take me long to freak out completely. "Eric," I painfully gulped the lump formed in my throat, "what is all of this?"

As though my panicked state was visible to Eric because his eyes softened a bit and he muttered, "We need to talk about something important," his voice was marginally toned down as compared to the harshness in his previous words.

I bobbed my head, "Give me a minute to freshen up and I will meet you downstairs." I received curt nods from the two and they left with Eric closing the door behind him. I sighed.

I still had no clue what all of this fuss was all about. Clearing my head I headed towards the bathroom. For I knew one thing for sure, Eric wasn't going to cut me off from his life; nothing else could be that scary to face.

It had been more than three weeks since the fiasco and we had been good. At least our bond was getting stronger and I had got to pull out a lot of information from him. When I had returned from home leaving a startled Manik on the sidewalk to clear his head, I had marched in on Eric. First things first, I queried about the stalking that he had done for me. Making it clear that I didn't need to hear information from a third person, even if the third person was Manik, when that information was to be handed the information by him first. He thankfully agreed.

We spoke about a lot of matters and a few issues, where I had also curiously asked him why Manik hadn't realized that it was Eric's home when he first dropped me home. I heard the most unexpected reply though it explained a lot.

Eric stayed with a group of boys at an apartment which was the only place known as home to his friends along with Manik. It was only when I decided to come and join him; he planned on getting moved to this house. He had feared that I might start running off in the opposite direction if I met his roommates. It explains.

When Eric decided to call it a night and suggested we could carry on some other time, according to him whenever we felt like; I saw a message from Manik on my phone. He had texted me an hour ago. The text read:

I thought we had been friends since the morning we met at your place; where I was introduced as your brother's best friend. But never mind, I will take you either ways. ;)
-M
I smiled at his weird tactics and also the innuendo.
Unfortunately, you didn't stand a chance; not until now.
-N

I quickly replied back. There was an uncertain feeling that hoped he wasn't asleep yet. Strange.
My phone buzzed within a minute and I hurried to scroll across the screen to read it.
Is that so, kitten? I would like to show you, how much of a chance do I deserve *winks* *grins*
-M

I shook my head at his comments. The guy was really full of himself, still had a way to put up a smile on my face. And that was just the beginning of the text marathon we had that night.
Though the next day was a complete hazard and doing a text marathon the night earlier didn't help either. The clinging dimwit whose name was Kate barged in when I along with Eric and Manik walked into the school. She was into dramatics as Manik informed me later that day which explained her animated way of talking, well it partly did.

She started calling me names and what not, I couldn't really think that all of those names could have been labelled on me but she did. She really needs to get a life and stop poking her dirty nose into others' business, especially mine or people related to me.

Eric stepped forward shooting deadly glares at her. The entire fuss had caught eyes of many and we were crowded by curious eyes. And my world was blew with just one statement of Eric,

"Mind your tongue when you even speak as much as a damn word about her. I wouldn't tolerate a word against her because messing up with her would only end up messing up with me." He declared with a tone that left no room for an argument. Even I wouldn't have led an argument after hearing that tone.

Manik side stepped, making me realize he was there if I need a shoulder to lean on. I was grateful to have found a friend like him, also a brother who was almost kicking out on someone who as much as tried to lay an accusing eye at me. My fingers were laced with larger ones, as Manik took my hand into his, intertwined together and declared, "with us." His eyes travelled from mine, over Eric's shoulder to where Kate stood. "Mess with her, you mess with us."

Eric shot him an approving look and shot his eyes back at Kate, "So better not. She is my sister and I won't have you causing any trouble to her." He bit out.
He looked over at the crowd and repeated, "My sister - Nandini Miller."
And that changed most of it.

While I was showering, I heard Eric groan, "I thought you said a minute and not twenty." I could imagine him glaring me through the door with his hands folded in an intimidating posture, though nothing in Eric is intimidating.

"I will be out in five minutes." My voice pitched higher to make sure he hears my response. I knew it would annoy him further but that's what I am for.

However, he might know I will take more than five minutes to finish and get downstairs, he said nothing but I am sure he would have left with a disbelieving shake of his head. He loves me though.

Once I was done, I lazily moved downstairs as if I didn't have two frowning boys to take care of. I found Eric and Manik in the kitchen area. Manik, who was so far pacing to and fro with his hands on his hips, stilled and his fierce eyes held mine. Eric sensed the change and turned mirroring Manik's expression as he looked at me.

"What is wrong with the two of you?" I screamed as I raked my hands up in the air, frustrated. "Anyways, can we discuss this over breakfast?" I asked but that only sharpened the fierce look on Manik's face, Eric's was melting though.

Knowing I wouldn't get my breakfast before settling whatever this issue is about, I hopefully looked at Eric with soft eyes and pouty lips as I delivered a plea, "Can I at least have some coffee?" Eric's mask was dropping and a ghost of a smile was slipping onto mine.

"Please! Please, pretty please!" I tried a little harder and finally found Eric disbelievingly shakes his head. I knew he couldn't resist that face.

Manik darted his eyes disapprovingly at Eric, "You really can't fall for this."

Too late, hulk, he has already fallen, I thought over-enthusiastically, unable to hide the cheeky grin that widen across my face.

It was during the last weekend when we decided to have a movie night on Friday. He had picked action movies while I opted for romance-comedy. Fortunately, I didn't have to deal with action and we ended up watching a few romance comedy movies over the night. Throughout the night I had the control to rewind, replay and even fast-forward. It was only when we decided to crash that Eric stated, too firmly, and I quote, "You better not make those cute puppy-eyed faces and make me watch chick-flicks, and especially not replay any of the scenes - not even once - forget about as many as ten times, like you made me watch these romance-comedies."

It was only after a couple of seconds that I realized I made faces whenever I requested and he melted instantly.
Aww!
I shrugged while my pulling my lips into a pout, "Damn you! Nandini Miller. I wouldn't stand a chance to deny a damn thing if you pull those faces, request or not."
That's my brother, I thought.

I sipped my coffee, while Manik reached out for a tablet that lay on the counter, tapped his fingers through the screen and snapped the screen on my face. Stumbling a step back just to absorb the shock and then concentrated on the screen, looking at its contents.

I recognized the website as the unofficial-yet-popularly used and browsed site of our school. The headlines read, Eric and Manik - are an item.'
Okay!

It was after the news of Eric having a sister went viral and the entire school knew it, that I was bombarded with stupid questions from fellow students. Also few girls displayed their willingness to become friends with me, which by the way was just for the sake of getting in touch with either Eric or Manik; some even had the high assumptions of having to get in touch with both.

I didn't have a problem with being friends but my problem was their motive. I wasn't going to be fooled. Agreed, my brother and his best friend were exceptionally good looking for someone who is in school but that didn't give every girl a right to throw themselves at the heavenly-gorgeous-male-bodies; especially when the two of them were deliberately keeping all of the attention at a bay.

Trying really hard I somehow managed to get through with that week. It was crazy all around and I had to finally pull Eric and ask to help me out.
All he did was shrugged as he advised, "They are just hanging onto you since you are the new catchy news until they get the next juicy news."
Catchy news, Juicy news, what is it all about? I thought.

I managed another week but I somehow knew I wouldn't be able to hold on for long. However, all this time I was also aware of the extra attention that I had gained from the male population at school. It made me hyper-aware and self-conscious, with every step that I took. I sometimes found Leo appearing and pausing to pass a smile in my direction; and at times I had either Eric or Manik by my side when the scene with boys used to get a little overboard for me to handle.
Ugh! I hated it.
Later, I had ended up declaring that Eric and Manik didn't do girlfriends to the bunch of girls who encircled me. But that didn't stop the damn thing. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at them.
Somehow the comment didn't settle well with them and a new rumour started around. Eric and Manik swing the other way.' In short, they are gays. To stop the unsettling population of guys around the school, who weren't straight, approaching me, I ended up making a stupid statement.
"The two of them have got each other, so none of you need to worry about it."
And this is how they had taken the statement.
Eric and Manik - are an item.'
The entire article had a detailed description about how the two most desirable boys at school are not available to anyone. It also had a quote or two that I had made on them. But I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

Seriously, who on this planet could believe that these two can swing on the wrong side and be indulged in a thing with each-other? Eww!
My laughter died at the sight of the two boys scowling at me. I looked apologetic and started to ramble, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean it that way. Everyone was behind my back, trying to gain something or the other. I was just tired." My eyes drifted to meet Manik's gaze, "I swear, I didn't mean it in that sense. If I had even a slightest bit of clue I wouldn't have said a word. I swear."

Eric's shoulder slumped and he strode towards me. Throwing an arm around my shoulder, he pulled me into himself.
"I will take care of this article." Eric declared as he pressed his lips on my temples. Washed with relief, I looked over at Manik to found him sighing heavily.

"And you need not worry about any other things, we will handle it." Manik propped up with assurance laced in his voice.

"By the way, are you sure you both are straight?" I asked with my brows knitted in confusion. Tilting my head upwards and my index finger tapped on my chin, still held in his protective embrace, I looked at my brother with a thoughtful expression. "You both told me that neither of you do girlfriends." They both had admitted to that. So were they really together?

"That doesn't mean we are attracted to boys." Manik bit out harshly, Ouch! That hurts, you, hulk! I thought. "We have casual flings, at times." Eric spoke with such ease and casualty, though I still had to gulp down the information pretty much painfully.

"Gee, thanks! I didn't need that information." I said with a disgusted face.

"Pays you well, little one," He teased while his head rolled back and a melodious laugh filled the room as he left.
I turned around just to find Manik still scowling at me. "You really think I am into boys." He pointed out.

Was there a question in there? Because there was supposed to be one, I thought.

I rolled my eyes at him - I didn't need the whole scene to repeat once again - and thus, went to get some breakfast for myself. "I hope you won't mind breakfast," lifting my eyes to assess his expression, I continued, "with me, hulk!" I showcased my toothy grin at him.

The best way to tackle a guy with a foul mood is change the damn topic'. And I was in no mood to deal with the same topic twice for the day.

It works well for me though, "Stop calling me that." He whined.

"Why should I, hulk?" I agree for a fact that I do it purposely but even he calls me kitten'. So it shouldn't matter.

"You do it purposely?" He had his fingers pointed at me, while he came and stood at a foot or two's distance. Raising my brows at him, I challenged him to prove that to me.

"You call me that to irritate me; whereas I call you kitten because you seem like a kitten to me." He seemed to be justifying though the justification didn't quiet settle well with me.

"You seem like a hulk to me," I shot back, "sometimes even like a mad caveman." Okay! Maybe I exaggerated but he does that, going all crazy and nuts over nothing. And he surely looks a younger version of hulk; whereas I, in no sense look like a kitten. I might be tiny framed as compared to him but it isn't my fault that he is tall.

We have had this conversation earlier as well. It wasn't until he had repeatedly called me kitten at school, where we had an audience watching us with amused eyes. I couldn't help but snap back at him and end up calling him hulk. Ever since then I call him hulk.
Pays well, I shrug thoughtfully.
He annoys me, I annoy him back.
"Breakfast or not," I was annoyed and didn't bother to falter my tone when I snapped at him. He can go around calling me kitten and I cannot call him hulk. Rolling my eyes at that thought, I shoot him a look and wait for him to answer.
He exhales before answering, "Of course," his shoulders slump as he settles down on one of the stools.
We were having our breakfast when my cell phone rang, I pulled it out and saw Shelly's name flashing on the screen. I quickly answered it, "Hey!" My voice threaded with excitement which I couldn't help.
"Hey yourself," She shot back instantly but I could hear her giggle on the other end. It was good that we were smoothening things back again.
Though she had to get her thoughts straightened out by Leo's conversation wherein he explained to her the events and maybe made her perceive things the way I did. It did feel a little off to me that she had to rely on Leo's words to see things from my angel but at last we were being friends like we were, before the incident. Though, I am thankful to Leo that he took an initiative which wasn't really needed from his side but his effort itself mattered a lot to me. I'll talk to him as and when I will have my thoughts about him sorted.
"So tell me, is this news true?" She seemed anxious.
I frowned, scrunching my nose I asked, "What news?"
"The Eric-Manik thing?" She asked in a duh a tone. I couldn't really blame her though. She had openly declared her attraction towards my brother to me. And I didn't really bother because most of school girls, and even some boys, are attracted to Eric. However, she had things going good with her current boyfriend and I hope the same.
"Naah!" I sounded bored and apparently enough to have Manik's attention, "The crowd took my words in a twisted way."

I looked at him, "The two are very much into girls," I paused and saw his eyes widening and I continued fighting the urge to hold back the smile that was to slip any moment, "though nothing like the ones from the school."
I and Manik had grown comfortable around each other and could pull each others' leg or tease one another. At least I didn't need a constant filter to my thoughts when he was around.

"Oh My God!" She let out a dreamy sigh and I knew she was drifting into the dreamland.
"Does that mean I stand a chance?" Her enthusiastic squealing tone made me pull the cell phone away from my ear.

"Eric or Manik," My tone expressed the smile that I held. It was fun to tease a friend over her hopeless crush or infatuations.
"Either would do." Desperate was the word for her. Even with a boyfriend in her pocket she couldn't stop drooling over the cute specimens around. But she was as harmless as a casual flirting would be.
And that's how we probably ended up talking during the breakfast.

Since it was Saturday, we didn't have much to do. Mostly, during weekends it was me and Eric spending time together by either staying back at home and watching movies, cooking together or just silently having a conversation about anything and everything. And if we did opted out to go out and have some fun like going to his favourite cafe, trying different restaurants, going to the park and anything that pleases us.

Though I had no clue what was on our schedule today, we never had anything planned. I looked at the time and realized that Eric hadn't returned from wherever he had left to. Dragging my eyes across the room I found him leisurely sitting on the couch with his legs resting on the coffee table, crossed at his ankles. I had second thoughts about him having some serious issues; like avoiding his friends and socializing or chit chatting with people over the phone. He was, as usual, furiously texting over the phone.
Spare the Goddamn gadget, you, fool, I thought as I registered the sight in front of my eyes.
"Where is Eric?" I asked him, hoping that he was rather texting Eric than one of the clingy dimwits from school. However, I knew the answer. He doesn't pay a heed to any of those dimwits, it's them who keep on throwing themselves on him.

Lifting his eyes from the screen, he looked sceptically at me. I just asked him about Eric, what was the big deal about it? I had no clue. "Clearing the mess you created," he stated after a long pause and then continued with what he was doing minutes ago; chatting.

"How many times do I need to repeat it for you to realize that I didn't do it intentionally?" With a few strides, I stood near the edge of the couch and glared at him.

Unfolding his legs, he sat up straight and pointedly stated, "I never said you did it intentionally," though his actions or his words indicate the contrary, "It's just that it all started because of your statement." He shrugged.

"You know I didn't mean to create trouble," at least I was hopeful he didn't mean it.
"But even you can't deny the fact that you actually thought, even if it was for a minute or so that I and your brother swing for the same sex." He gave me a pointed look. He was in foul mood today, agreed, but nothing in the world gives him to be mean.

"You did give me mixed signals." I snorted back.
His one brow shot up and he asked, "Did I?"
Of course you, fool. Who told me that you didn't do girlfriends? Guess what, bonus points for me, because it was You! I thought sarcastically.

I nodded my head in response while my eyes narrowed at him, dare speak otherwise, I will show him what a mess I can create.
He shook his head, "Nope, I never did." He sang it off casually irritating me further.
Don't tell me I didn't give you a chance, hulk! I thought inwardly.
I picked up the cushion from the nearby couch and started hitting him. Whilst he tried to get a hold on my wrists, I wiggled and continued hitting him. I both attacked and struggled against him. Shoving my hands aside, he tried steadying me which didn't go well. Somehow I ended up over the couch, right beside him; more like leaning into him.
Glaring at him, I tried to get off of him but the hulk is too strong to let his grip loosen around me.

His arm snaked around my waist and his mouth dropped over the shell of my ear, tracing the curve. His hoarse voice purred into my ears, "Let me prove it to you that how straight I am," I felt the goosebumps all over, "without any mixed signal." His voice held promise which stunned me.

I gaped at him, widening my eyes as I met his darken ones. There wasn't much room for me to pull back with his arms locked around my frame. I gulped audibly.
Trying to pull out of Manik's grip was in vain because he didn't budge. I blew my cheeks and leaned into him, "Manik," I whispered. He seemed to have dazed. Like seriously! Grow up!

I did the only thing that I could think of. I pinched him hard and twisted his flesh under my hold; hard enough for him to spot a red mark for a good long time.

He screamed, "Oow!" His other hand instantly flew to rub the spot where I had just pinched him and he looked at me with scrutinizing gaze. Pulling my lips into a pout, I pulled up my innocent look.
He shook his head and pounced on me with his fingers striking the ticklish spots. He was tickling me. I was going to face severe stomach ache, if he didn't stop now.
"What's happening here?" startled with the question, I snapped my head in the direction from which the question flew. So was Manik. He seemed to have not yet realized that his best friend was home. Wow! Just wow!
His hands flew apart from me and he raised it in the air. "She started it." I shot daggers at him. If only, daggers could burn a hole in that empty skull of his.
Blame the poor soul, won't you?
"Nothing," I shrugged though Eric eyed me suspiciously. Damn! Is there anything he can't see through? However, he chose to remain silent, I was sure there was going to be an interrogating session the next time he finds me alone.
Kill me, now!
Akanksha29100 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Hiieee shenz !!!
This is Akanksha ... It's been more than a year almost when I am returning back to this forum ...
I was just surfing through the forum in order to get whats going on here ..
I came across many new writers but the old ones remain hardly active like me .
Anyways coming to the point ...i am here to appreciate you..
Girl u amaze me with the words and the Simplicity this story carries ..
I loved you writing style or pattern..
Your thoughts are simple , beautiful and creative .
I was shocked seeing such response on the content like this . I felt bad .
This story deserves much more .
I don't know if i would be continuing this story or not (Ps - it's not like I don't want to ) yet decided to appreciate you not particularly for the story line but definitely for your writing style !

I hope you do more good .

Much Love
Akanksha !

Ps -: I will try to be back
Edited by akkukh - 7 years ago
ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: akkukh

Hiieee shenz !!!
This is Akanksha ... It's been more than a year almost when I am returning back to this forum ...
I was just surfing through the forum in order to get whats going on here ..
I came across many new writers but the old ones remain hardly active like me .
Anyways coming to the point ...i am here to appreciate you..
Girl u amaze me with the words and the Simplicity this story carries ..
I loved you writing style or pattern..
Your thoughts are simple , beautiful and creative .
I was shocked seeing such response on the content like this . I felt bad .
This story deserves much more .
I don't know if i would be continuing this story or not (Ps - it's not like I don't want to ) yet decided to appreciate you not particularly for the story line but definitely for your writing style !

I hope you do more good .

Much Love
Akanksha !

Ps -: I will try to be back

Firstly, a very warm welcome with hugs to you, Akanksha ! It's people like you and the motivating words that's been showered upon on this story is why I get back to this inspite of all the struggles I gotta go through while putting it up.

But trust me, it's not just you but many more who haven't been here once the show went down, and that includes me too.

To be honest, your words are enough for me to carry it out for another ten chapters ^_^ so it's okay if others don'e find it worth and a few people just drop by stating that it is worth the time and read.

If the place seems to be an issue to you, it's up on Wattpad as well - just saying, in case you are interested. About being able to continue to read or not, girl, I believe, it's fine. The story not might be appealing to many but I am glad the words somehow make you come and comment. That itself is an achievement.

I will be doing a lot more writeups. Though my speed currently is pathetic but I have somehow managed to grab some time and energy to go through the comments and reply back to the comments here.

By the way, Thanks. Thanks a lot. I might not be able to thank enough because you somehow got me motivated to do more.

With all the love and regards,
Shenz :)