Frequent Posters

Shinning_Stuti thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

CHAPTER 50

(Epilogue)

BIRTH OF SALIM

(AFTER TWO YEARS...)

At night, while relishing the warmth of the beautiful Gazal floating in the air in his solitude with a goblet of a rare and expensive wine in hand under the shower of moonlight in the terrace, Emperor Jalaluddin Akbar smiled suddenly. The moonlight has reminded him a night of years back... That was also a full moon night just like this; the luminous moonlight had flooded the whole world with the aura of peace and love... He had also flowed in that same flood... There was a miraculous intoxication in the nature that night; and he had drowned into that- along with the love of his life. He still remember the divine glow of moonlight, the peaceful bank of the river... and he still feels the warmth of his beloved in every particle of his body; the feel of the wet touch of her lips still burns his heart with the fire of an uncanny passion... Both of them had gone through the most tragic period of life; both of them had suffered from the pain of loss and emptiness for a long long time, alone, in their own ways. And that night was the end of that painful journey loneliness had ended; that night the whole nature was celebrating the moment of their togetherness- their new journey to walk together...

He also remembered another full moon night... They both were in the little hut in Sikri... That was perhaps the most divine night the earth has ever witnessed. The mellifluous euphony being mixed in the air had created a divine aura... and both of them had flowed in that... The night was again a witness of their togetherness, their indestructible, firm bond and their immense love for each other...

So many days have passed after that... a lot of water has flowed through the river Yamuna... Their life, their concept and approach towards life has also taken new dimension along with time... Mughal Empire is shining even brighter than sun... So many great wars have taken place in these days... so many valiant warriors have lost their lives, so many innocents have sacrificed their everything in this never-ending battle of power... Perhaps the name of Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar is written in the letter of blood permanently in the pages of History...So much blood, so much of hardship...and a lot of passion and ambition... The emperor Jalal is rising every day, is evolving in every moment... but the human Jalal is somehow restless inside- in order to get a magical touch of real peace... And tonight, after such a long time, the enigmatic moonlight has blessed him with that most-wanted peace... as if the light of peace is showered on him by God himself, in the form of this divine moonlight...

Taking a sip from his goblet, Jalal closed his eyes in order to cherish the peace. Today he has returned from a crucial war-negotiation conference after signing a friendly-treaty with a native king. Today the map of Mughal Empire is expanded a little bit more... Definitely it is a happy news, but Jalal's heart was not that happy... as he was waiting for something more happier... In this beautiful night, those materialistic thoughts seem so much irrelevant!

How he wished she was here with him...

Jalal had not seen Jodha since a year... nine months, to be exact. Yes, he has seen glimpses of her when he had gone to visit her one or two times; he has stored her tired yet content smile in the deepest of his heart as an asset of happiness... though, he did not stay with her. He was busy- too much busy in this particular year. He wanted Jodha to be all safe and secured and completely blessed, and for that he built a whole palace for her with all of facilities and conveniences in that dry desert of Sikri. But he did not go there... Being busy is just an excuse, and perhaps only Jodha knows that...Actual reason is something else. Jalal is scared. Frightened. And extremely excited... His old fright of his own destiny, and the scare of the old scar restrained him to witness the slow development of the new life in the body of his sweetheart... Rather he is enjoying this excitement in his solitude; this period of waiting alone; the distance gave him the real happiness of his upcoming fatherhood...

It was Baba Salim Chisti's advise to stay far from the child before his birth... Jalal cannot overlook the words of Chisti Sahab. Am I unlucky for my child, Baba? Does my presence welcome omen to my child? He had asked in a hurt tone.

How can a father beget omen to his own child Shahenshah! Baba Chisti had smiled. I want you to maintain the distance to gift you with an excellent experience of your fatherhood... Prepare yourself within these months from your soul and heart... purify yourself in the hours of solitude... you are going to get the best blessing from God... you are going to get the blessing on the name of your love...

He was so right!

Jalal closed his eyes to emerge himself in his dreams of fatherhood. The soft breeze was soothing his soul with a divine bliss. This is such a strange night... He is feeling so peaceful; yet so excited from inside... something is going to happen... happen very soon...

"Shahenshah ka iqbaal buland ho! [Long live the Emperor!]

The very known yet very unfamiliar voice compelled Jalal to open his eyes in quite a surprise. The person was standing in front of him. Jalal stood up.

"Aap? [You?] He forgot to welcome her in surprise...

"Kyu? Hum nehi aa sakte? [Why? I cannot come?] The woman said with a light yet sad touch of smile in her voice. Then she presented a formal Adaab. "Shahenshah ki tanhaai me khalal dalne ke liye maafi chahte hay Huzur! [Sorry for disturbing his majesty in his solitude, my lord!]

"Par aap... [But you...] Jalal was not able to wipe out the sign of shock from his face which may look rude. To compensate that, he moved towards her. He held her hand, after a long long time... "Aiye... Baithiye mere sath! [Come... sit with me!] He told.

She gazed at his eyes for a while, and lowered her eyes at the next moment. "Yeh baithne ka waqt nehi hay Shahenshah... [This is not a time to sit, Your Majesty...] she said. "Kuch batane ke liye aye hay... [I have come to say you something...]

Jalal was gazing at her face. He could not find his very known Ruqaiya in that firm and calm eyes. The Ruqaiya he knew was adamant, childish and proud; used to throw tantrums all times; her eyes used to speak before her... Who is this woman standing in front of him? It is true that Jalal has not seen Ruqaiya from this much close for a very long time. They meet in very rare and special occasions these days, fulfill their respective duties without interacting a little bit with each other. Neither she wishes to talk nor does he approach her... So strange are the dimensions of the relations. Years back a storm had shattered their lives. Time has mended everything slowly... but it could not repair the crack in the relationship of Jalal and Ruqaiya. Jalal has moved on from the sea of despair and tragedy; Ruqaiya is staying under the same darkness, drowned in agony and frustration, pulling the burden of all the bitterness of their relation all alone...

Though after such a long time, Jalal could feel no bitterness. Rather he felt pity. And he felt guilty... After keeping her mentally isolated for such a long time, who is he to insult her by offering to sit with him now all of a sudden?

"Shahenshah...

"Haah! Jalal responded. "Bolie... [Say...]

"Abhi ke abhi ek paigaam aya hay... Sikri se... [A message has come from Sikri... Just now...] Ruqaiya said. In the faded moonlight her expressions were not visible clearly...

Jalal stared at her vacantly for a moment. "K...Kya? Jodha ka kuch... [W..what? Is Jodha...] His voice trembled when he spoke after that...

"Khabar Jodha Begam ki bare me hi hay Shahenshah... [News is about Jodha Begam only, Majesty...] Ruqaiya said.

"O thik to hay na? Kuch hua hay kya? [Is she alright? Anything happened?] Jalal felt he was turning white in a sudden anxiety and reasonless panic. In excitement he clasped Ruqaiya's arms and pulled her closer. "Thik se batao! Kon leke aya paigaam? Huya kya hay? Achanak se itni raat ko... [Tell me properly! Who came with the message? What has happened? Suddenly in this late night...]

Ruqaiya giggled suddenly. For a moment Jalal could see a glimpse of the old Ruqaiya in that smile. But he was not in position to understand that. "Ruqaiya... He almost pleaded...

"Paigaam leke jo aya tha usse hum unlogo ke rahene ke jayge par bhej diye hay Shahenshah... bohot sare inaam ke sath! Ruqaiya smiled. "Kyu ki hum kisi bhi tarha se usse aapke samne hazir hone nehi de sakte the... Kyu ki yeh khabar hum khud aapko dena chahte the... [I have sent the messenger in his quarter Shahenshah... with a lot of reward. Because, I cannot let him to come in front of you... as I wanted to give you this news on my own!] Ruqaiya's voice suddenly trembled at the end. Jalal got silent suddenly. He kept on staring at her speechlessly.

"Aise chup kyu ho gaye? Abhi bhi samajh nehi aaya? [Why you are silent? You did not get anything?] Ruqaiya held Jalal's shoulders and uttered with immense glee in her eyes... "Jalal! Aap Walid ban gaye hay! Beta hua hay! [Jalal! You have become father! A son has born!]

Jalal's eyes trembled for once. His whole body shook in an uncanny excitement; but he could not express anything... He kept on gazing speechlessly, his lips shivering in a flood of emotions...

Ruqaiya cupped his face spontaneously...

Jalal touched her hand after a while. A drop of tear suddenly rolled down his cheeks, wetting Ruqaiya's hand...

Ruqaiya smiled. "Pata hay Jalal, jo paigaam leke aya tha usne bohot kosish kiya taaki o aapse mil paye. Usse pata tha ki aap usse itna inaam denge ki uska pura khandan sare zindegi aram se bita dega! Par hum usse aapke paas aane ki izazat nehi di... Jante hay kyu? [You know Jalal, the messanger who came with the message wanted to meet you. He knew that you will give him so many rewards that his whole family would spend the whole life with comfort! But I did not allow him to come to you. Do you know why?] She took a drop of Jalal's tears in her hand. "Kyu ki hume bhi inaam chahiye tha... Or yeh hay humara inaam... In aansuyon ke kimaat lakho moti se bhi maapa nehi jaa sakta... Or yeh lamhaa ka jo kimaat hay, o lakho-kororo hire se bhi zyada anmol hay! Hum iss lamhe ki eklota gaabah banna chahte the; iss aansuyon aapke aankho me basa lena chahte the; iss khusi ko aapne dil me humesha ke liye kayed karke rakhna chahte the... Yeh kar liya, or kuch bhi nehi chahiye hume aapni iss naa-kami zindegi se! [Because I wanted a reward too... And this is my rewards. The price of this tears cannot be measured with lakhs of gems... and the price of this moment is even priceless than Lakh diamonds! I wanted to be the only witness of this moment; wanted to store this drop of tears forever in my eyes; wanted to imprison this happiness in my heart forever... I did it, and I want nothing more from my worthless life!]

Spontaneously a drop of tear fell from Ruqaiya's eyes too; both of them kept on shedding tears looking at each other for a while in silence... then suddenly Jalal hugged her tightly and kept his head on her shoulder. "Tum nehi jaante tumne aaj hume kitni bari khusi di ho Ruqaiya! Hum baata nehi sakte! Tumne aaj hume sab kuch de diya Ruqaiya... Sab kuch! [You don't know what you have given me, Ruqaiya! I can't tell! You have given me everything today Ruqaiya.. everything!]

"Hay kya humare paas aapko dene ke liye Shahenshah! Kaash! Kaash de paate aap ko yeh khusi! [What do I have to give you Shahenshah! If only I could give you this happiness!] Ruqaiya smiled sadly... "Agar zindegi ne or ekbar bhi mauka deta na, to aapni zindegi nichawar kar dete hum aapke pair me Jalal... Par zindegi ne nehi diya mauka... jab aankh khula to dekha ki sab kuch khatam ho chukka hay... [If my life would give me a second chance, I would devote whole of my life in your feet Jalal... But life did not give me chance. When my eyes opened I saw everything to be finished!] Her voice simultaneously sank in the intensity of sob and she hid her face on Jalal's chest suddenly...

"Bhul jaiye sab kuch Ruqaiya! Sab kuch nayi tarha se suru karenge hum... hum sab! [Forget everything Ruqaiya! Forget! We will have a new start! All of us!] Jalal gripped her tightly and uttered in a wet voice. "Khuda ne humare liye ek noor bheja hay Ruqaiya! O hum sabke zindegi me nayi roshni layega... khusiyon se bhar dega sab kuch! Dekhna tum... [God has sent the ray of light for us Ruqaiya! He will beget light in our life... He will fill everything with happiness! You just see...] His voice got diluted in the flow of tears as he wept over Ruqaiya's shoulder. Ruqaiya too flowed in that tear of happiness... The moon was shining a bit more...

After a while Ruqaiya talked in a lighter tone. "Yeaha par hi sara waqt bitane ka iraada hay kya? Aab to subha bhi hone laga hay. O nanhi si jaan to aapne Abbujaan ke intezaar me baitha hay; jana nehi hay humare chhote se Shahjada ke paas? [Are you planning to spend the whole night here? It is almost morning. That little life is waiting eagerly for his father. Don't you have to go to him?]

"Jana to hay! Zarur jana hay! [Yes I have to go. I have to!] Jalal picked up his face and wiped the tears. "Hume samajh me nehi aa raha hay ki hum kya kare Ruqaiya... Kya lekar jaye... Kise kise bataye... Hum... [I can't understand what should I do Ruqaiya... What should I take... whom should I tell... I...] His face was glowing in excitement. "Hum uske liye bohot bara jashn manayenge Ruqaiya... aisa jashn jo kisine na dekh hogi kisine na suni hogi... Sare Agra ko... nehi nehi... sare Hindustan ko hum sone se dhak denge... Humara baccha humare paas aa gaya hay! Hum to soch bhi nehi paa rahe hay ki hum kare kya... [I will hold a huge celebration for him Ruqaiya! Such a celebration which has not been seen and heard by anyone... The whole Agra... no the whole Hindustan will be covered with gold. My child has come to me! I can't even think what should I do!]

Ruqaiya laughed and pressed Jalal's cheek with utter affection. "Jalal... pahele uske paas jao to sahi! Pehele aapne aankho se dekh to lo aapni nanhi si jaan ko... usse ekbar chhu to lo aapne haat se... O bechara aapne abbu ke liye intezaar kar raha hay. Dekh to lene do bechare ko, ki kinta bara pagal hay uska Abbujaan! [Jalal... first go to him! First see your little life in your own life... first touch him for once with your own hands... He is waiting for his father. Let him see how much crazy is his father!]

"Ha ha! Jalal hurried. "Abhi nikalte hay hum. Aab niklenge to kal subha tak pahauch jayenge Sikri me... Chalo... [I will depart now. If I set out now we will reach Sikri by tomorrow morning. Let's go...] He pulled Ruqaiya, but she did not move.

"Hum nehi jayenge Jalal... [I will not go Jalal...]

"Kyu? [Why?] Jalal frowned. It was understandable when Ruqaiya did not go to Sikri from Agra with the other women in the final months of Jodha's pregnancy, but Jalal could not fathom this now.

"Agar sab uaha chale gaye to Agra me humare bacche ka swagat kon karega? [If everyone goes from here then who will welcome our child in Agra?] Ruqaiya smiled with a frown. "Mere bina or kon hay jo sab kuch dhyan me rakhte hue Shahezade huzur ke swagat ke intezaam karega? [Who is here apart from me who will arrange for he welcome of the prince keeping everything in mind?]

"Yehi bhi to hay! [That's also true!] Jalal smiled. Now he could see the old Ruqaiya in her eyes... "Hum chalte hay! Hum or intezar nehi kar sakte! [I am going. I cannot wait anymore.] He said and was about to go, Ruqaiya suddenly stopped him.

"Jalal...

"Haa? Jalal looked back. Ruqaiya was looking at him with an urge...

"Aap hume usse god me lene denge na? Hume usske saath waqt bitane denge na? [Will you let me to take him on my lap? Will you allow me to spend time with him?] Ruqaiya said in an excitement. "O hume bhi Ammijaan kahe kar pukarega na, jaise o Jodha Begam ko Ammi kaheke pukarega waise hi? Hume kisise kuch chin na nehi hay; hum baas us khusi ki thori si hissa chahte hay Jalal... maa banne ki khusi ko thora ehsaas karne ki ijazaat chahte hay... Aap uska izaazat denge na? [Will he address me Ammijaan just like he will call Jodha Begam? I will not snatch anything Jalal; I just want a little share of the happiness... I want the permission of feeling the happiness of motherhood... Will you give that permission to me? ] She suddenly stopped and covered her face to control the tears...

"Hum kon hote hay aapko izaazat dene wale; o to aapki haq hay! Aap uska maa nehi hay kya? [Who am I to allow you; that is your right! Are not you his mother?] Jalal came closer and touched her shoulder. Then slowly he planted a gentle kiss on her forehead with deep affection... Ruqaiya's eyes shined in pure happiness.

A little noise from outside had floated in the air of the room. Jodha again opened her eyes and tried to sit. "Leti raho Jodha... [Keep on lying Jodha...] Hamida Banu's order came simultaneously.

"Shahenshah nehi aaye? [Shahenshah has not come?] Jodha asked.

Hamida smiled. "Agra se yeaha tak aane me kuch waqt to lagta hay; usse o waqt to dogi! [It takes some time to come here from Agra. Give him that time at least!]

Jodha did not feel assured. First of all she is angry on him; he did not stay by her at the last night when she was dying in pain. And even now he is so late! Her eyes almost filled up with tears though she controlled that very tactfully.

"Thora sa aram kar lo beta! [Take some rest, dear!] Hamida patted on her head...

"O kaha hay Ammijaan? [Where is he, Ammijaan?] Jodha asked while lying back.

"Kon? [Who?]

"Mera baccha? [My child?]

"So raha hay humara nanha shahezada! [Our little prince is sleeping!] Hamida's eyes drowned in affection while she looked at the baby-cot near Jodha's bed. She picked the little one carefully and made him lie on her lap. "Dekho, kinti santi se so raha hay! Bilkul aapne walid par gaya hay... [See, how peacefully he is sleeping. He is just like his father...]

Jodha turned and gazed at her baby's face. A soothing breeze blew over her heart...

"Waise iska naak bilkul tumhari jaisi hay; or hoth bhi...accha hua... [His nose is just like you; and lips too... That's good!] Hamida Begam started scrutinizing each and every portion of the little baby's features in order to fathom the slightest to slightest similarities and differences he has with the others of the family... "Baal Jalal ki jaisa hay; o jab payda hua tha tab itna baal tha uska bhi. Or aankh bhi Jalal ki tarha hi hay; par rang bilkul uske Dadajaan ke jaisa... [His hairs are likeJalal; His hairs were also like this when he was born. Eyes are also like Jalal; but colour is just like his grandfather...]

Jodha touched the hand of the baby. The little fingers started playing with her fingers... She chuckled in an immense glee... She was unable to express what she was actually feeling now. A myriad of various emotions were playing together in her heart...

"Naam kya rakhogi humare pote ka? Kuch socha hay? [What name will you give to my grandson? Have you thought anything?] Hamida asked with a smile.

"Shahenshah sochenge... [Shahenshah will think.]Jodha uttered while playing with the fingers of her kid. She unmindfully looked at the window then... so many days have passed Shahenshah; Jodha has not seen you for a glance... Don't you miss her? Come first... she is waiting for you; she is going to give you the greatest gift that anyone could have given you... Now this wait is unbearable...

But a moment passed, and the emperor did not come. In heavy heart Jodha looked at the baby... look baby, your father is not coming to meet you. Do scold him very much when he will come... she thought in her mind while looking at his closed eyes; then started chuckling on her own. It feels as if the barrage of emotions in her mind has overflowed, and Jodha is sinking in the deep of that uncontrollable emotion... There is perhaps only one person who would be able to arrange and synchronize her emotions by connecting her happiness with own heart... but even he is not coming!

Baba Salim Chisti had visited both of them in the early morning. He has blessed the child with long and prosperous life... there were other saints also, showering their blessings on the child. The palace of Jodha in this sacred place of Sikri was covered with a ray of purity and divinity... the baby was protected from all the omens, all the evilness in this sacred place. Everything would be good from now on... The baby is sent by the God as a blessing for the love and togetherness they have for each other... Her little baby, her prince, the photocopy of her loving Shahenshah was now sleeping peacefully after becoming enriched with so many blessings and gifts from the saints and the members of the royal family... and Jodha could not stop gazing at his little, sleeping face...

Another blow of hue and cry flew in from outside... this time louder and sharper. Jodha got excited and got up. "Jodha tum... [Jodha you...] Hamida was about to rebuke her, but she had to stop as Salima Begam had entered.

"Shahenshah aa gaye hay Ammijaan! [His majesty has come, Ammijaan!] She announced in a happy face.

"Sach? [Really?] Jodha shouted in glee instead of Hamida and sat up. She started to manage her uncombed hair and to arrange her veil.

"Tum kyu uth rahi ho Jodha! Lete raho na... [Why are you sitting? Lie down...] Hamida said.

"Kya baat kar rahe hay Ammijaan... Shahenshah aaye hay or hum kaise lete rahe sakte hay? Moti... zara humari baal thik kar do na... [What are you telling Ammijaan... Shaehnshah has come, how will I keep on lying? Moti, prepare my hairs please...] Jodha said in a very normal voice and all started smiling. Jodha is always introvert when it comes to express her emotions about her love but today is special and she is too much excited. Salima Begam sat beside Jodha and put her veil properly. "Chinta maat kijie Jodha Begam... Aaj aapko sajne savarne ki zarurat nehi hay; aap aise hi itni khub surat lag rahi hay ki Shahenshah nazar hata nehi payenge aapse... [Don't worry, Jodha Begam...You don't need to dress today; you are looking beautiful today that the emperor will not be able to remove his eyes from you...] She kissed on her hand with a gentle affection. Jodha smiled and held her hand back... "Thik hay... aab meri bacche ko yeaha meri god me dijie... [It's okay. Give my son on my lap...] She said in a proud tone.

Jodha sat on the bed straight like a queen-mother taking the future emperor in her lap... A moment later a messenger came and declared that the Emperor is at the doorsteps along with the other officials who have come to shower their wishes and blessings...

The emperor came in front of the grand room of the empress surrounded by the other officers. The guards performed a salaam to the Emperor. He looked at them and gave away a pouch of gold coin with a smile. The guards bowed again and again. The sign of happiness was reflecting on their faces too. They were equally happy just like the royal family members while welcoming the newcomer of the family... The maids and personal attendants were standing to welcome the emperor. They also got pouches full of coin as a gift from the blessed father. The glow of joy was overflowing in the air... "Shahenshah ka istaqbaal karte hay; [Welcome Shahenshah!] Salima Begam came closer. Jalal looked at her with a smile. "Aapka beta aapke liye intezaar karte karte so gaya. [Your son slept while waiting for you.] She said.

Jalal tried to peep in with eagerness before moving forward. Salima Begam smiled naughtily looking his excitement. "Aise nehi hoga Shahenshah! Muh-dikhai ke rasam pura na karke aap uska muh nehi dekh sakte... Sabko shagun ki taur pe tofa dekar hi aap andar jaa sakte hay... [Not like this Majesty! You can't see him without completing the rituals and giving us our gifts...]

"Aap sabke liye nayab tofa to Agra me intezaar kar raha hay; par yeaha fir se kya rasam? [A unique gift for you all is waiting for you all in Agra; but again here a ritual?] Jalal looked at his mother helplessly... "Ammijaan!

Hamida Banu laughed. "Aao beta... Aapne bte ko dekh lo... Dekho kitna khubsoorat hay humari potejaan... [Come... See your son, my son... See how handsome is my grandson...]

Jalal stepped in with double enthusiasm. The wet nurses and the maids were in front of the royal bed; he could not see Jodha from there. All of them bowed together. Jalal gave gold coins to each of them. They bowed again and made a way for the emperor in a proper synchronization. Jalal moved forward to the bed. He saw her. Jodha was sitting on the bed like the queen of the universe. The proud smile in her face was bright enough to dim the glow of Sun and Moon. She placed her eyes on him, their eyes met, and a current of untold emotions flowed...

Jalal slowly came closer and stood by the bed. He could not remove his eyes from Jodha... Jodha smiled. "Abhinandan, Shahenshah... [Congratulations, Majesy...] She whispered.

"Mubarak ho aapko bhi... [Congratulations to you too...] Jalal also murmured spontaneously. The corner of his eyes shined just like his smile...

"Moti... Jodha called. Moti Bai was standing by her waiting for her instruction. She came forward and carefully picked up the baby from Jodha's lap and went to Jalal. "Aapne putra ko ashirbaad kare Shahenshah! [Bless your son, Majesty!] She uttered...

And Jalal was lost... Only he could see something like a little cotton doll was stirring in Moti's lap... the rest of the whole world was blurred for him. Moti handed the little baby to him when he took him in his arms like a robot... There was a storm of emotion in his heart, and he could express nothing... The little sleeping face had snatched that power from him...

And perhaps hearing all the sounds, the baby opened his eyes. He was about to cry perhaps because of the disturbance in sleep; but he did not. He discovered he was in someone's lap whom he does not know; and who is completely different by look from the other very few people he had known till now. Maybe the man looked very interesting to him, and he kept on scrutinizing each and every details of his face opening his little eyes as much as he could... Jalal's eyes trembled and he himself did not know when two drops of happy tears rolled from his cheeks. Hamida Begam understood and touched Jalal's shoulder gently. Jalal readily wiped the tears and smiled. With a childish enthusiasm he tried to touch the little fingers of the little one, and the very curious kid gripped that at once, again started watching him with wider eyes...

"Dekha Ammijaan! [See Ammijaan!] Jalal almost shouted in an overflowed excitement.

"Dekha na Jalal! Yeh to aapne abbujaan ka hi dulara banega. [You see Jalal! He will become a sweetheart of his father.] Hamida smiled. "Dekha Jodha, kaise abbu ke god me jakar jag gaya; or kaise aankhe faar faar ke dekh raha hay? [Look Jodha, how he woke up after going to his father lap, and how he is looking at him?]

Jalal smiled and sat on the bed. He then placed the baby on Jodha's lap. The baby seemed to be much comfortable with his father; so he was about to cry before he again got his father's finger to play with it... Jalal took out a precious ring from his finger, touched that on the child's forehead and gifted it to Moti Bai... And again he lost in his little piece of heart.

"Sabke liye tofa hay; humare liye kya? [You got gifts for everyone; where is my gift?] Jodha whispered in a very naughty tone while covering her son properly. Jalal looked at her. "Aapke liye to hum sabse bada tofa tayaar kiye hay, Marium-Uz-Zamani... ek bohot bara, bhari or kimti motiyon se sajaya hua taaj, or ek khaas mahel sirf or sirf hone wale Shahenshah ke Ammijaan ke liye... [I have prepared the greatest gift for you; Marium-Uz-Zamanu... A big, heavy and precious crown, and a special palace only for the mother of the future emperor] he winked. Jodha chuckled...

All the officers came one by one in order to bless the little prince. The room was filled with new gifts for him. In the meantime Jalal had met with Baba Salim Chisi and took his blessings. He was lost in himself after that...

"Kya soch rahe hay aap Shahenshah? [What are you thinking, Shahenshah?] Jodha asked Jalal in a while when he was staring at his little baby's sleeping face unmindfully.

"Soch rahe hay ki kitna khush nasib hay hum! [I was thinking that how much lucky I am!] Jalal uttered with a content smile.

Jodha did not say more and smiled quietly. She touched the shoulder of her husband affectionately. "Naam kya rakhenge humare bacche ka? [What name will you give to my child?] She asked in a gentle tone.

"Salim. Jalal uttered. His whole heart was saturated with gratitude to the holy man who had showed them the way towards their new life...

(6 months later...)

At night, when Jodha entered into her room, she was quite shocked seeing all wet-nurses and maids to stand outside the room in a queue, and the baby-cot empty. Then she understood everything when she looked at the bed. Salim was lying on the bed, laughing and growling in his own language that he has learnt in his 6th month after coming in the world, and his father, leaning almost on him, also laughing and talking with him in the same language.

This scene is not new to Jodha. Rather after Salim's birth the emperor is often seen to spend much time in this room than court. Salim's birthplace Sikri is Fatehpur Sikri now- a wonderful city and the current capital of Mughal Empire founded by Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar, because they believed Salim will be secured and flourished in the air of the pure Sikri only. The emperor has built a special connecting path between his restroom and Jodha's palace only as he often remembers Salim in his rest time and he needs to see him at that very instance only. Even sometimes he left his court and has come to see Salim forgetting other important works. The courtiers say in light tone that the prince has completely taken control over the emperor. What the thousands of beautiful ladies could not do, the 6 months kid have done it... He has distracted the workaholic emperor. The emperor is completely obsessed with him.

So, hiding her smile, Jodha slowly came beside them. Jalal was so occupied that he could not even notice. Jodha paid heed and could fathom some of the conversation of father-son...

"Bataiye kya chahiye aapko... Ashmaan ka chaand or sitaare? Areewah! Khwab ho to aisi. Akhir Shahenshah Akbar ka beta jo hay! [Tell me what you want... moon and star of sky? Wow! Dream should be like this only. After all you are the son of Emperor Akbar!] Jalal was saying while Salim was laughing in high entertainment. "Aapke abbujaan to aapke liye pura dunia jeetke laa sakta hay mera Sekhu Baba... [I can conquer the whole world for you, Sekhu Baba...] He started cuddling him and tickling on his belly, Salim started dangling his legs and shouting in fun and both of their game started.

"Hey Kaanhaa! Jodha sighed and placed her head on Jalal's back. But Jalal did not pay attention. "Aaj mela beta ol kya kya kalega... [What will my son do today...] He again started conversing with his kid in childish language.

"Hum dekh sakte hay aap Salim ko bigar denge! [I can see that you will spoil Salim!] Jodha faked anger. "Ashmaan ka chand sitare dunia ka hukumat sab haat ke samne agar pita hi lakar de to putra kya sikhega? [If father himself keeps moon, stars, rule of the universe in front of hand, what will the son learn?]

"Fateh karne se bhi zyada zaruri hay samhalna... Or hum humare Sekhu Baba ko taiyaar karke jayenge. [It is much important to maintain than to conquer... And I will prepare my Sekhu Baba for that.] Jalal uttered in a dreamy voice. Then he understood that Jodha has already come. "Aap chori-chupe aake hum dono ki baate sun rahe the? Bohot buri baat hay! [You were listening to our conversation secretly? Very bad!] He frowned and looked at Salim. "Hay na Sekhu Baba? [Is not it, Sekhu Baba?]

"Aab Sekhu ko aapne oor khichne ki kosish na kare! [Don't try to pull Sekhu to your group.] Jodha bent her lips and leaned on Salim. "Batao beta... aap kisse zyada pyar karte ho? Maasa se yeah Abbujaan se? [Tell me son... whom do you love much? Your mother or father?]

Salim chuckled whole-heartedly in his toothless face seeing his mother and started making happy sound.

"Beshak aapne abbu se karta hay. Hay na Beta? [Obviously his father. Isn't it son?] Jalal took him up in his arms. Salim became excited as his favourite game was about to begin. Now his father will toss him up and down and he will get the feel of flying in the air. But before he could start, his mother stopped. "Firse??? [Again?] She rebuked Jalal.

"Aree aise karne se haddi mazbut hota hay; kyu hay na Sekhu?? [This actually strengthens the bones. Isn't it Sekhu?] Jalal held him up and Salim started laughing again. "Shahenshah aap gira denge Salim ko! [Majesty you will drop Salim!] Jodha also shouted in worry. "Utariye usse! [Put him down!]

"Gira denge?? Bharosa nehi hay humpe? [I will drop him? You don't trust me?] Jalal looked at her naughtily. "Aapko kabhi giraye hay kya? [Have I dropped you ever?]

"Shahenshah... Jodha was about to stop him but Jalal was on the top of his naughtiness now. "Chaliye dikhate hay aapko kitni majbood hay humara haat. Aaj hum aapko bhi Sekhu Baba ke tarha uchhalenge. [Let me show you how much strong is my arm. I will toss you like Sekhu Baba today.] He put Salim on his cot and folded the hands of his kurti. "Aajaiye! [Come!]

"Nehi Shahenshah! Dur hatiye aap! [No Majesty! You go back!] In fright Jodha started running in the room. "Hume darr lagta hay aap jab yeh sab karte hay tab! Nehi Shahenshah nehi nehi!! [I get scared when you do these things! No Shahenshah no no no!!]

"Tab to hume yeh karna hi hay! [Then I must do it!] Jalal ran behind her and caught her in a second. He held her tightly from behind by her waist and swayed her up. "Meri Begamjaan! Kitne din ho gaye hay aapse khulkar pyar karte hue... [My darling! So many days have passed since I made love with you...] He told in a cuddling voice, took her up in his arms and started rotating in the room while swinging her.

"Shahenshah! Utariye mujheee! [Shahenshah! Put me down!] Jodha started punching him on his back out of helplessness while the intensity of Jalal's laugh started increasing.

But poor Jalal's wish could not get fulfilled. Salim felt left out while his parents were making fun, and started crying...

"Kya hua kya hua mere Sekhu Baba ko kya huaa... [What happened! What happened to my Sekhu Baba?] Jalal had to put Jodha down as both ran to the baby cot.

"Kuch nehi; bas jwalan ho raha tha. Bilkul aapne pita par gaye hay na? [Nothing; he is just jealous! He is just like you, isn't it?] Jodha twisted her lips looking at Jalal while taking Salim in lap.

"Sarasar humare upar gaye hay! Beta kiska hay! [Obviously he is like me! Whose son is he after all?] Jalal stated proudly.

Jodha smiled. "Hum to humesha Ishwar se yehi prarthna krte hay Shahenshah ki Salim bilkul uske pita jaisa hi bane! [I always pray to God that Salim becomes just like his father!] She uttered in a low, humble and proud tone.

"Aapne walid jaisa kyu banenge Jodha! [Why he will be like his father, Jodha?] Jalal said while touching his head. "Aapne walid se bohot bara Shahenshah banega humara Salim. Dunia ka maalik banke pura dunia par raaj karega! Usool or insaaf ka rakhwala bankar awaam ke dil me raaj karega. Aapne mohabbat ke liye tarikh ke panno me uska naam sunahere labz me likha jayega. Humara Salim ekdin sabse bada Shahenshah bankar aapne Ammi ka, Abbu ka or pure Mughal saltonant ka naam roshan karega... [My Salim will become greater emperor than his father. He will conquer the world and will rule it! He will in the heart of the Nation being a protector of principles and justice. His name will be written in golden letters in the pages of History for his love. My Salim will make his mother, father and the whole empire proud by becoming the greatest emperor...] He leaned and kissed on Salim's forehead. "Akhir aapke or humare mohabbat ka tohfa hay humare Salim! Kyu hay na, Sekhu Baba? [After all our Salim is the gift of our love! Isn't it, Sekhu Baba?] He took him in his arm and touched his nose with his nose. "Aapne Abbujaan ke naam roushan karenge na? [Won't you make your father proud?]

In a pure reasonless joy, Salim smiled and pulled Jalal's mustache. Jodha laughed out. "Shahenshah ka mooch khich raha hay; aab koi sandeh nehi Shahenshah, ki aapka Salim dunia ka sabse bara Shahenshah banega! [He is pulling the mustache of the emperor; no doubt that your Salim will become the greatest emperor of the world, Majesty!]

Jalal too joined in the laughter. He touched his forehead with Salim's forehead with all his love and affection. Jodha rested her head on his arm and started caressing Salim's hairs. Jalal wrapped Jodha's waist with another hand and Jodha came closer to his body... Both of them were laughing together while watching their little son's mischief... And the moon of the night sky smiled.

As, they are the happiest couple of the world now...

Kavya_P thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Unres Di
Amazing chappy Di
Loved it
Finally they r in peace
N fully happy
Kavya_P thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Kavya_P-

Unres Di
Amazing chappy Di
Loved it
Finally they r in peace
N fully happy

Thanks for pm Di
natashathakur thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wonderful chapter n thnxx for pm
Rahiramesh thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved it thoroughly👏
Jalal n Jodha after so many hardships could welcome the new life
Salim is closer to his father. He succeeded in drawing his workaholic father's attention
This was extremely well scripted⭐️

Would like to read more from you soon😊
misspotter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
o gosh!! soo beautiful this is dear
very nicely written.. all of the emotions have been portrayed so well
love ur work
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Kavya_P-

Unres Di
Amazing chappy Di
Loved it
Finally they r in peace
N fully happy

Thank you so much Kavya! For being with me throughout the journey and encouraging me.😳
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: natashathakur

wonderful chapter n thnxx for pm

Thank you😳
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: haya_gorgeous

o gosh!! soo beautiful this is dear
very nicely written.. all of the emotions have been portrayed so well
love ur work

thank you so much for being with me throughout deae😳
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rahiramesh

Loved it thoroughly👏

Jalal n Jodha after so many hardships could welcome the new life
Salim is closer to his father. He succeeded in drawing his workaholic father's attention
This was extremely well scripted⭐️

Would like to read more from you soon😊

Thank you so much dear for encouraging me throughout the story through your comments.😳 right now will concentrate on DL and Humari adhuri kahani😃