Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shinning_Stuti thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Senapatichandri

ebar to update de... koto din... update dis taratari... ebar nahole Bari give Khun kore dbo... ei update de... 😡 😡 😡

I will update before the year ends. Promise. 😃

sreemathe thumbnail
Today is the last day of this year😡
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

Originally posted by: sreemathe

Today is the last day of this year😡

Wait for the update then😆
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail

CHAPTER 49...

TWO WOMEN...

The night was quiet and calm in Agra fort... at least it seemed to be. Jodha was standing in the terrace alone, gazing at the dim light coming from the window of the emperor's room. She was not able to see him. But she knew what he was doing. His majesty will not sleep tonight... rather sleep will not come to his eyes. Today, with the official declaration of Kabul's surrender in front of emperor the chapter of stress regarding Kabul has ended. Still today the emperor will not be able to sleep. Because the so-called peace has paid a price of something very close to the heart of his majesty... something which he never wanted to lose. He will lie on his bed for some moments... the thoughts will not let him to lie down... then he will get up, will drink water and will sit on the couch. The rest on the couch will give him extreme tire. He will stand up and will start walking around his room, trying to arrange his disorganized thoughts... he will try to suppress his old memories of his short-lives childhood with his brother which are frequently flashing in his mind with the routine-thoughts regarding war-strategies or new taxation rules... But all will be in vein. For this night, he will not be able to close his eyes for once to search for rest...

She knew it. She had proposed him to sleep with her tonight for this reason. But he did not accept that proposal. He gave a lame excuse of rules and regulations of Harem and left her room bidding a good-night. She did not force him. As she knows what he wants now. He wants solitary to deal with this emotional plight... He needs to face it on his own without any support from anyone. Only this will make him stronger- like gold becomes after burning in fire. A hand of support, a touch of empathy may bring a touch of weakness... Because he knows that what has happened cannot be changed. Now he has to face an enemy in his step-brother, and he cannot be emotionally weak in this face-off.

While staring at the light in his window, a heavy sigh automatically came out from Jodha's heart. Why the world of politics is so cruel! Why an emperor cannot have normal relationships with his siblings? Perhaps in this dark world of politics of Mughal family, there was only one soul whose heart was fresh and eyes were green, who used to think from heart, used to love his brother from heart... how that fresh green heart got contaminated so easily in a fifthly conspiracy of a power-hungry woman? The dark cloud of dark politics between brothers, which had ruined the base of the dynasty in the previous generation, whose poison has even destroyed the small world of Jodha too, has also been spread in the relationship of Mirza and Jalal? Is Fakhrunissa solely responsible for this, or the enmity between brothers has been imprinted in their blood?

Yes, Jalal has told her about the conspiracy of Fakhrunnisa in detail. He has told her how she turned Mirza against him just by showing him a letter sent to her. He also described the conversation between him and Fakhrunnisa in detail. In Jodha's room, in front of a small lamp, holding her hands to seek empathy, he has told him each and every single thing which was in his heart and was pinching him. Perhaps it was needed. Jodha has listened to him silently, and has become amazed... She felt that she has failed to read Fakhrunnisa's mind.

Suddenly Jodha's thought was interrupted by a very mild tune of humming. She tried to hear. The melodious tune was floating in the air and mingling with the soothing moonlight, spreading the magic of peace with the wand of melody in the calm and peaceful night...

Yeh ashmaan yeh zameen yeh ghataye meri hay... Tu mera hay to sare fizayen meri hay...

An amazed Jodha tried to recognize the voice but she could not. The voice and style both were unique. Jodha has experience of different types of songs, but hardly listened to this type of songs sung in this style ever in this Agra. Curiously she tried to look for the source of the tune. The humming was coming from the terrace in front of the guest rooms of women-section. In the dark a mysterious silhouette was standing at the corner, looking at the stream of the moonlight in the sky...

Jodha kept on standing for a long time to listen to the song. The urge in the melody mixed with the power of the voice had created an enigmatic aura around the singer... She kept on gazing being mesmerized...

Suddenly the singer turned back, and looked surprised seeing Jodha behind her. "Begam Sahiba, aap? [Your highness?]

Jodha too reciprocated with a smile. "Hume pata nehi tha ki aap itni acchi gaati hay! [I did not know that you sing so well!]

"Haah! The beautiful lady smiled with a spark in eyes. "Aapko laga ki Fakhrunnisa ko srif saajish karni aati hay? Kisi bhi fann ka koi hunar nehi hay unki paas? [You thought Fakhrunnisa only knows to make conspiracies? She has no talents of art?]

"Nehi Mallika-E-Kabul. Aisa hum nehi soche the. [No Mallika-E-Kabul, I was not thinking that.] Jodha came closer and looked at her eyes. "Hum baas yeh soch rahe the ki jisse itni surela swar ka asirwad prapt hay, jo aapni prativa ke ujaa se unchi hay, o kaise aapne aapko gira sakti hay? [I was thinking that who has the blessings of such a melodious voice, who herself is so high in the ray of her talent, how can she pull herself downward?]

Fakhrunnisa giggled. "Begam Sahiba, humare yeaha hunar rahene se hi koi uncha nehi banta... Aapni hunar ko izzat dene ke liye kabhi kabar usoolyon ke khilaf bhi jana parta hay. Or usse koi nicha nehi banta. [Her highness, in our place none goes to high with her talent... To achieve the respect for the talent one has to go against principles. And none becomes low by this.]

"Samman kabhi chhin kar nehi milti hay, Mallika-E-Kabul. [Respect cannot be snatched, Mallika-E-Kabul.] Jodha smiled. "Jinke paas samman pane ki yogyata hay, unhe kisi ke bhi samne kuch pramaan karne ki zarurat nehi parta. [Who has the eligibility of getting respect, she does not need to prove anything.]

"Parta hay Jodha Begam... [She needs, Jodha Begam...] Fakhrunnisa sniggered. "Agar kisiko aapna haq na mile, to usse chhin kar lena parta hay. [If someone does not get her right, she needs to snatch that!] She gazed at Jodha's eyes. "Aapke liye sayad yeh saach na ho, par mere liye yehi saach hay. [Maybe that's not true for you, but is true for me.]

"Humara manna to yehi hay ki jeevan aapsi sambandh or prem se banta hay. Koi sambandh ko thhukrakar jeevan ki gati rokkar agar koi samman prapt hota bhi hay to woh samman ek bhram hay. [I believe that life is built with relations and love. If the respect is got by breaking the relations and stopping the flow of life, that's not respect but a fallacy.] Jodha said.

"Or jin rishtyon ka zindegi me koi zarurat nehi unke sath kya karna chahie Begam Sahiba? [And what should be done with those relations who has no value in life?] Fakhr smiled. "Baagicha saaf karte dekhe hay kabhi, Jodha Begam? Bade bade saukhin paudhyon ko samhalkar rakhne ke liye fokat me rahene wala ghas pattiyon ko upar ke fek dete hay... [Have you seen the process of cleaning a garden, Jodha Begam? To take care of the big plants the gardener cuts off the weeds and grasses...]She looked meaningfully. "Zindegi bhi to waise hi hay... Har mor pe yeh ginna hota hay ki konsa rishta faidemand hoga. Jinka koi faida nehi, unhe unn ghas patti lakidyon ki tarha upar feko, tabhi to zindegi thik se chalegi? [Life is also same... In every step one has to calculate which relationship will be needed. Which has no usage, throw that out like weeds, then life will go on perfectly? ]

"Manusya ka jeevan agar sajaya hua bagiche ki jaisa saral hota tab to sab kuch bohot sahaj ho jata. [If life of a human were as simple as a furnished garden then everything would be easy.] Jodha smiled. "Parantu aisa hay nehi. Iss liye konsa rishta zaruri hay or konsa nehi uska nirnay ek manusya ek muhurt me nehi le sakta... iss liye samhal ke rahiyega. Kayi ghaas-patti saaf karte karte aapki bagicha biraan na par jaye. [But things are not like that. So which relationship is needed and which is not that cannot be decided in a single moment by a man... so stay carefully so that while cleaning up the weeds you don't finish your whole garden.]

Fakhr gazed at her eyes for a long time, then started laughing. "Agar rishtyon ki parwa karte, agar aapke motabik chalkar aapni sauhar ka sath nivakar chalte, to kya aapki sauhar kabhi Kabul me kabza jama pate? Mallika-E-Kabul ki audhe ki jayga sare zindegi ek baagi ki biwi hone ka khitaab nasib hota... Bataiye, aapko lagta hay ki wohi zindegi kisi ki khusi ke liye sahi hay? [If I would have cared about relations, and would walk along my husband according to you, then would your husband ever be able to take the control of Kabul? Instead of the status of Mallika-E-Kabul I would get the name of the wife of a rebel forever... Say me, do you think that life is alright for someone's happiness?]

"Nehi. Parantu jab aapni aakankhsa seema langh jaye, unhe baandh leni chahiye. [No. But when ambition crosses its limit, it should be tied up.] Jodha said.

"Hume aapne aapko rokna aata hay, Jodha Begam! [I know where to stop, Jodha Begam!] Fakhrunnisa told and her voice did not tremble. "Kahe dena aapni souhaar se, hum unke takht par kabhi nazar uthakar nehi dekhenge. [Tell your husband, I will never look at his throne ever!]

Jodha kept on gazing at her. Fakhrunnisa continued with a strange sad smile. "Jante hay kya Begam Sahiba, iss dunia me sabhi ko rishtyon ki bohot parwa hay. Har din na jane kitne rishtey banaya jata hay, jora jata hay, tora jata hay... Par rishtyon ke bojh me dabti hui parde ki piche baithi uss aurat ko koi nehi dekhta. Koi nehi sochta hay ki woh kya chahti hay... Kyu ki woh to bass ek putla hay jise kabhi kabar pyar kiya jaata hay, or baki waqt ek siri ke tarha istamaal kiya jaata hay. O sari zindegi istamaal hone ke liye hi payda hota hay. Kabhi maa ke haath, kabhi sauhar ke haat to kabhi siyaasat ke haat... To iss baar humne socha ki kyu na ek bar hum bhi sab ko istamaal karke dekhe? [You know Begam Sahiba, in this world everyone is very caring about the relations. Everyday so many relations are made, are joined, are broken... but none thinks about the woman behind the curtain who is getting buried under the burden of these relations. None thinks about what she wants... As she is only a puppet who is used for occasional love, and is used as stairs for the rest of the time. She is born to be used in her life... Sometimes in the hand of mother, sometimes in the hand of husband, and sometimes by the politics... So this time I thought what if I use everyone instead?] She smiled. "Aapki sauhar bhi to humari istamaal karne aye the, Begam Sahiba. Humari jasbaat, humari kabiliyat or humare sath humari sauhaar or ammi ki tootte hue rishtey ko haat me rakh kar hume izzat or takat ki wada karke hume istamaal karna chahte the Kabul ke khilaf ek mohra banakar. Or hum bhi aakhri bar kisiki haatyon istamaal hona chahte the. Iss liye hum ban gaye Shahenshah-E-Hind ki mohra... Par o humara istamaal kare or hum na kare, yeh bhi to nehi ho sakta hay na? [Your husband also used me, Begam Sahiba. He tried to use me as a pawn against Kabul while promising me to give power and respect by exploiting my emotion, my efficiency and my weak relation with my husband and mother. I wanted to be used by someone for the last time. So I became the pawn of his hand. But is this possible that he uses me and I do not use him?]

Jodha suddenly smiled. Slowly she came closer, and did not hesitate to touch her shoulder. "Sayad aab hume samajh aa raha hay. [Now I can understand you perhaps.] She said in a strangely affectionate tone. "Bohot dard chhupa hay tumhari dil me, hay na? [A lot of pain is hidden in your heart, is not it?]

Fakhrunnisa looked a bit confused seeing Jodha's reaction. She was ready to play with words in defense of her. But this sudden empathy for no reason made her confused.

"Hume pura pata nahi, par kuch kuch gyat hay... [I don't know everything, but I am aware of some of them...]Jodha kept on. "Bachpan se aapne pita se zyada mili nehi hogi tum... Aapni maa ka pyar hi sab kuch tha tumhare liye. Paratu Mahchuchak Begam ko humesha takht or takat ki chinta lagi raheti thi... Aapni bacchiyon ke upar kabhi dhyan hi nehi diya hoga unhone... payda karne ki sath bhi ek ma ka jo kartavya hote hay unhe o bimukh rahe. Or rishta thik se ban hi nehi paya... Fir shadi de di tumhari kisi ajnabi se, kyuki unhe or sakti chahiye thi. Soche bhi nehi tum kya chahti ho, tum sukhi hogi bhi yea nehi... Yehi to hota hay betiyon ke sath! Rajneeti me unhe sthan mohra se bada kaha hay? [You hardly met your father in your childhood... Your mother was everything to you. But Mahchuchak Begam always yearned for her power and throne... She never cared about her children, turned her face from every duties of a mother apart from giving birth... The relation was never made... Then you were married off with some stranger as she wanted power. She did not think what you want, or will you e happy with this marriage or not. This happens with the girls! Are the girls ever treated better than a pawn in politics ever?] Her voice suddenly trembled. "Par hum samajh sakte hay, kitni aapmanit laga hoga. Hume gyat hay kaisa lagta hay... [I understand how much insulted you were. I know how it feels...] She gulped. "Fir pati se bhi tumhe o samman or prem nehi mila tum jo chahti thi... Na pate pate, aghat sahen karte karte tum khud hi ek chattan ban gayi ho, hay na? Par kahi na kahi uss chattan me bhi dil hay! Jo andhire me chhup kar gana gati hay, dil ki bojh halka karti hay! [Then you did not get the respect you expected from your husband. While bearing the pain and not gaining anything in life, you have become a rock yourself, isn't it? But the rock has her heart too. Who sings in the darkness to release the burden of heart!]

Fakhrunnisa gazed at her eyes speechlessly. Jodha held her hands. "Badla lena chahti thi aapni niyati se, hay na? Dikhana chahti thi aapni bhagya ko, ki agar aap chahti ho to kya kar sakti hay? Saabit karna chahte the sari dunia ke samne ki tumhari khud ki ek parichay hay, jo tumhari bhagya kabhi chhupakar nehi rakh sakta? Or iss hi liye jab ek dur desh se kisi shahenshah ne aakar ek prastaav diya to tum ek lamhe me tumhari aapni dunia ko ujarne ka nirnay bhi le liya, kyuki tumhe tumhari niyati swikar nehi thi... Kya nehi kiye tumne. Aapni maa ko marne ki saryantra karne ka mahapap bhi kar baithe, kyu ki tumhe biddroh aapni maa se nehi aapne aapse tha. Aapni bhagya se tha... Jo aapni bhagya, aapni niyati se yudh jitkar aapni manzil pana chahti hay, usse rishtey naate ki dar nehi baandh sakta. [You wanted to take revenge from your destiny, isn't it? You wanted to show your fate that if you want what can you do!You wanted to prove in front of the world that you too have an own identity which you fate cannot hide forever. So when an emperor from a distant land came with a proposal you readily accepted it and decided to destroy your own world, because you never accepted your destiny. What didn't you do! Even you did the grave sin of trying to kill your own mothe; as your fight was not with your mother, but with your own fate... and who wants her aim winning the battle with fate and destiny, cannot be stopped with the fear of relations.] She sighed.

"Aapko lagta hay ki hum galat hay? [Do you think I am wrong?] Fakhrunnisa asked. And she could not believe that she actually asked her so, just like she could not believe that a queen of the emperor will understand her so well that she herself even does not.

"Sayad ha... yeah sayad nehi. Bhagya ke sath yudh karne ki tarika sabka bhinn hota hay. Humari dristikon bhinn hay, aapki bhinn. Parantu hum yeh kahe sakta hay, [Maybe yes... Or maybe no... Everyone has different approach of fighting with luck. My perspective is different from yours. But I can say that,] she smiled. "Aapne jo kiya or jaise kiya, o har koi nehi kar sakta... Aapki pap-punya ki bichar to ishwar karenge. Parantu aapne saabit kar diya ki aap chahti hay to kya kar sakti hay... [What you did and the way you did, everyone cannot do... Your judgement will be done by God. But you proved that what you can do if you want.]

Fakhrunnisa picked one brow.

"Hume bas ek hi jigyasa hay. [I have only one question.] Jodha said. "Itni din ki upeksha or aapman se hriday me jo shunya utpann hua hay, kya o uchhakansha or pratisodh se purn ho sakta hay? [The vacancy which is created by the insult and ignorance of years, can it be filled by the revenge and ambition?] She smiled and shook head. "Hume biswaas hay ki hriday me utpann hui shunyata ko srif prem hi purn kar sakta hay... ghrina nehi... [I believe that the vacancy in heart can only be filled with love, not with hatred.]

"Bohot ahemiyat hay mohabbat ki aapki zindegi me. Hay na? [You give a lot of importance to love, isn't it?] Fakhrunnisa smiled.

"Mohabbat se hi to saans lete hay hum! [I breathe in love!] Jodha said.

"Hoga! Par hum Kabul ki beti hay. Chattan jaisi sina hay humari. Mohabbat ka koi jayga nehi hay; na koi zarurat hay... Fakhrunnisa stared at sky unmindfully. "Zarurat hay to srif izzat ki... [Maybe. But I am the daughter of Kabul. My heart is like a rock. There is no place of need of love here. ]

"Prem or samman dono ka bohot gahera rishta hay Fakhrunnisa... Hum jab Agra aaye the tab koi bhi samman nehi thi humari.[There is a deep relationship between love and respect, Fakhrunnisa... I had no respect in Agra when I came here for first time.] Jodha smiled. "Shahenshah se humari pita ka ek sauda hua tha, or Amer ki surakshsa ki keemat bane hum! Jaise ek haara hua rajya se bhet jata hay vijayi raja ke paas, waise hi bheje gaye the hum ek bidharmi samrat ki sayankaksh me uski patni banakar... [Shahenshah and my father had made a deal, and I became the price of Amer's security! Just like gifts are sent to a kingdom from the defeated kingdom, I was sent to the emperor's bedroom like that...] she uttered. "Humne bhi socha bohot bar ki biddroh kare aapni bhagya se... Parantu prem ne sab badal diya...Wohi prem hume samman diya, prerna di, nayi jeevan di. Prem or samman dono ek dusre se jure hue hay Fakhrunnisa. Prem ka suruwat aapsi samman se hota hay. Or samman ke bina prem nehi rahe akta. [I also thought that I will rebel against my fate. But love changed everything. Love gave me respect and new life. Love and respect is related with each other.]

"Hoga yeh saach aapke liye. Fakhrunnisa smiled. "Aapko koi aisa mil gaya jinhe heera or kaanch me farq karna aata hay. Jinhe izzat karni aati hay. Par sab aap jaisa naseebdar nehi hote hay Jodha Begam. Unhe yeah to aapni naseeb ko man kar ghut ghut kar jeena hota hay, yeah fir takdir se jung chher kar sara haq chhin lena parta hay.

Jodha nodded and smiled sadly. Fakhrunnisa again started humming the tune. Jodha looked at the calm sky...

"Aap logo ki Agra bohot sundar hay Jodha Begam... [Your Agra is very beautiful, Jodha Begam...] Fakhrunnisa suddenly uttered.

"Ji haa... [Yes...] Jodha laughed to light the enviorment. "Humari Shahenshah ka sailpik bodh bohot accha hay na, o... [Our Majesty's asthestic sense is very well, so...]

"Or uske sath mila hay aap sab ka pyaar. Fakhrunnisa sighed suddenly. "Pata hay Begam Sahiba, Kabul kabhi Agra nehi ban sakta... Kyuki Kabul ki mitti me itna pyar nehi mila hua hay. Kabul ki haowa me zindgi ki dhun nehi bajta... Kabul bas khun, lalaz or sajish ki jaal se bana hua hay. Sayad andhira hi uski takdir hay... [You know Begam Sahiba, Kabul can never be Agra... As Kabul's soil does not have the love. The sound of life does not ring in Kabul's air... Kabul is made of blood, greed and conspiracy. Maybe darkness is only its destiny.]

"Aap prayas kijie... [You try...] Jodha put her hand on her shoulder. "Sayad aap hi hay o kiran jisse Kabul me roshni ayegi. Shahenshah bohot asha rakhte hay aappse. [Maybe you are the ray who will bring Kabul in light. His majestry has a lot of hope from you.] She smiled.

"Hum? [Me?] Fakhrunnisa laughed suddenly. "Jisne aapni zindegi se mohabbat ki noor ko nikal diya hay aapni haathyon se o kaise banegi Kabul ki khoyi hui noor? Uss sajish ki andhire me dubi hui Kabul ki haveli me mohabbat ka koi jayaga hi nehi...[Who has thrown out the light of love from her life how can she become the light of Kabul? There is no place of love in the dark castle of Kabul.] She then held Jodha's hand and smiled endearingly. "Ek Mallika ko aise naota nehi diya jaata. Par fir bhi hum bol rahe hay... Humari Kabul me ek bar ayiyega zarur Bhabijaan... Kya pata, aapki acchai se Kabul ko o roshni mil jaye? [One queen is not invited this way generally. But then also I am saying... Please come to our Kabul for once Bhabijaan... Who knows, your goodness brings light to Kabul?]

Jodha smiled and pressed her hand. "Zarur jayenge ekbar... Shahenshah jab Kabul me agla safar me jayenge, hum bhi jayenge unke sath...Accha, aab hum sone chalte hay? Subha Raatri... [ Of course I will go... When Shaneshah will go to his next visit, I will go with him... Okay, so I am going to sleep now? Good night!]

"Sabba Khair! [Good Night!]

Jodha was about to leave the place, Fakhr again called her. "Bhabijaan...

Jodha turned back. There was a touch of emotion in Fakhrunnisa's voice. She came closer and held Jodha's hand again.

"Shahenshah ko kabhi humpar pura yaakin nehi ayega... Par aap agar hume thori si bhi samjhi hay, to ushi biswaas par hum aapko zubaan dete hay ki hum Agra or Hindustan me Kabul ki andhire ka asar nehi parne denge... Agra bohot khubsurat hay kyuki Agra ki Shahenshah ka dil saaf hay... Hum uss khubsurathi ko nazar nehi lagne denge! [The emperor will never trust me... But if you have understood me even a bit, on the basis of that belief I am giving you word that I will never let the darkness of Kabul to touch the sky of Hindustan and Agra. Agra is beautiful as the heart of Agra's emperor is pure. I will never let that beauty to be touched by evil eyes!]

Jodha smiled while gazing at her sparking eyes...

THE DAY IS BACK AGAIN...

After some months...

"Jodha Begam... Jodha... Jalal entered into Jodha's room while calling for her. But the room was exceptionally silent.

"Gayi kaha... [Where is she...] Jalal told to himself. In his mind he had a tension of getting a high-voltage treatment from his wife now. He was so much occupied with his works recently that he has not met Jodha for last two days. Jodha had sent a message to meet her today morning, and he is coming just before lunch-time after completing his other important works. Very bad example of a husband, he knows, but what to do... The duties of an emperor are much heavier than the crown he wears...

"Jodha... He called again while getting inside. And he got surprised suddenly. The room was specially decorated, and so was the small temple at the corner of the room for Jodha's daily worship. It seemed some celebration is there...

"Koi puja hay kya? [Is there any occasion of worship today?] Jalal tried to recall... But it is not possible for him to remember each and every rituals and customs followed by Jodha in a year. Out of curiosity, he left his civic sense behind and peeped into the plates offered to the idol of Kaanha in the small temple. He became more confused. There were lot of delicious foods specially made by Jodha, along with Kheer and many types of sweets... Normally Jodha cooks something in very special occasions only. What is that special occasion?

"Shahenshah?

Jalal looked back. Jodha was standing behind with a plate full of flowers and fruits. She came inside in smiling face, and kept the plate in front of the idol and joined the hands to pray something in closed eyes. Then she picked up another plate and looked at Jalal. "Lijie... Prasad khaiye... [Take this... eat.]

Jalal took a bite of the sweet. Jodha was curiously staring at him. "Kaisa hay? [How's this?] She asked in enthusiasm.

"Bohot laziz... [Very tasty...] Jalal answered in a confused voice. He could not remember Jodha ever asking him about the test of the Prasad that she offers to the God.

"Bas yehi taiyari kar paye hum... [I could do only this much...] Jodha said while swiftly making garland with the flowers. "Soch rahe the ekbar aapko bolu, ki kuch utsaav ka ayojan kare... par fir socha ki nehi... [I was thinking to tell you once for the celebration, but then thought that no...] She sighed a little but readily hided that with the smile. "Or kare bhi kya? Aap to itni byast hay ki bulane par bhi milne nehi aate. Aaj hi dekhiye na, kitna der karke aa rahe hay? Agar aap hi aisa karenge or kisi or se hum koi asha kyu karenge? [What else I can do? You are so busy that you don't even come to meet me. See today, you are so late! If you do this then how I can hope from someone else?]

"Maaf kar dijie Begam Sahiba! Kya kare, iss nacheez bande ko itna sab ka khayal eksath rakhna parta hay ki kabhi kabhi to khane-pine ki bare me bhi bhul jate hay! [Sorry Your Highness! What to do, this mere servant is so busy it taking care of everything together that he forgets about food and rest too most of the times!] Jalal smiled but looked guilty. "Dekhiye na aab lagan ki naya bandobast ke bare me itna marsoof hay aaj kal ki raat ko nind bhi nehi ho raha hay thik se. [You can see, I am so busy in the matter of new revenue system that I cannot even sleep properly at night.]

"Jo bhi ho, iska matlab yeh nehi ki aap aaj ka din bhi bhul jaye? Hum yeaha ekele byath byath ke itna kuch kar diye, or aap hay ki aab aa rahe hay! [Anyways, that does not mean that you will forget today's date. I have done so many things alone, and you are coming now!] Jodha bent her lips and got busy in her work again.

Jalal tried to smile but could not remember what is so special about the day. Jodha again looked at him. "Khare khare meri muh kya dekh rahe hay? Baithye. Prathna karni hay hum dono ko ek sath... Nehi to kaise hoga? [What are you seeing in my face? Sit. We need to pray together... else how will it work?]

Jalal obeyed her order and sat beside her. He was now able to have a closer look on Jodha's face. And he felt a strange jolt in his heart. Jodha's eyes were full of enthusiasm, and in spite of the ray of forced joy in her face, she could not hide the shadow of a strange agony... Spontaneously Jalal put his hand on Jodha's shoulder. Jodha could not hide the drop of tear which fell down from her eyes... She wiped that out in hurry and uttered "Aaj koi ashru nehi... Aaj hum nehi royenge... [No tears today... I will not cry today...]

"Kya hua Jodha? [What happened Jodha?] A concerned Jalal picked up Jodha's chin. "Yeh anshu kyu? [Why these tears?]

"Nehi nehi hum nehi ro rahe hay... [No I am not crying...] Jodha rubbed her eyes in a strange excitement. "Aaj ke din maa ko rona nehi chahiye... Aap jante hay na kya hay aaj? [A mother should not cry today... You know what is there today?]

"Kya hay aaj?[What is there today?] Jalal could not help but to confess now. "Sachme hume... hume yaad nehi aa raha... Kya hay? Na to aaj humara yeah aapka janmdin hay, or na hi shadi ki salgira... to or kya... [Really I... I cannot remember... What is there? Not your or my birthday, not our marriage anniversary... then?]

"Shahenshah aap aaj ka din kaise bhul sakte hay? [Majesty, how can you forget today's date?] Jodha scolded in irritation. "Jante hay ki aap byast hay, par aaj ka din... aaj ka din aap kaise... [I know you are busy, but today's date... how can you forget today's date?]

"Kyu kya hay aaj? [Why what is there today?] Jalal asked helplessly.

"Aaj Hassan or Hussain ka janmdin hay! [Today is the birthday of Hassan and Hussain!] Jodha's voice trembled while uttering the names. "Ek pita kabhi aapne santanyon ka janmdin bhul sakta hay bhala? Itni saralta se bhul gaye aap?? [Can a father forget the birthday of his children? You forgot so easily?]

Suddenly the sky fell on his head... At least Jalal felt so. He could not even move. He could not even feel the pain in his heart. He only felt someone strangled his throat to kill him in strangulation... His eyes did not tremble. A single reminder made him blank- absolutely blank and vacant.

Only a single old memory flashed in front of his eyes. Two little babies- hardly bigger than two little dolls, crying together in a single bed... eyes are closed, as if they are not interested in seeing the world where they have reached just now... An astonished Jalal came closer to them... they kept on crying... Spontaneously Jalal's finger touched their little hands with utter care... and one of them clutched that in hurry... and the other one opened his eyes, stared at his father with magnified orbs, as if he is seeing the strangest scene... and Jalal felt his eyes were wet, wet in the tears of an extreme happiness...

Hardly one or two months... then the happiness had been snatched forever... leaving him alone in a blank... making him vacant forever...

Now also he felt he should have his eyes wet in tears... he felt he should scream, he should cry his heart out... but he could not... and the strangulation increased.

His hand fell down from Jodha's shoulder automatically as he stared at ground listlessly.

"Unke payda hone ke pahele se hi hum sochte rahete the ki jab o dono janm lenge to bohot bara janmdin manayenge... aab dekhiye na kabhi o sukh to prapt hua nehi. [I always thought even before their birth that I will celebrate their birthday in a grand way after they take birth... Now see I never got that happiness. ] Jodha took a long breath to cope up with the pain that was piercing her heart. "Iss liye aaj yeh sab karne ki soche... Hum unke janmotsav sayad na bana paye, par iswar ke samne unke khusi ke liye prathna to kar sakte hay na? [So I thought do all these... Maybe I can never celebrate their birthday, but we can pray for their happiness in front of God, is not it?]

Jalal did not respond. He did not even stir a bit. The big rock of tears was burdening on his heart. The loads of memories- the happiest memories with his babies... Hassan's smile... Hussain's cry... the smallest moments spent with them... the joy of being a father... and then the pain... the ultimate pain of being a father... Jalal was not able to arrange his thoughts anymore. He felt his eyes were inflaming... But he could not cry...

"Aaj subha uthke yeh sare byanjan humne banaye hay Kanha ko arpit karne ke liye. [I prepared all the dishes to offer Kanha.] Jodha continued. "Humare baccho ko to khila nehi sakte, isliye... Pata nehi o dono kaha hay... par ishi biswaas se ki o dono Kanha ke paas hay humne yeh bhog arpit kar diya... [I can't feed my children, so... I don't know where are they... but with the belief that they are with my Kanha I offered all the foods to him...] She tried to smile to stop the drop of the tears forcefully. "Hassan-Hussain to itna chhota tha ki koi bhi byanjan ka swad bhi nehi le paya... par fir bhi humne socha ki... [Hassan and Hussain was too small to get the taste of any of these dishes but I thought that...] She touched Jalal's hand suddenly, uttering in a vulnerable voice "O dono khush hay, hay na Shahenshah! [They are happy, isn't it, Shahenshah!]

That traumatic night... Hassan's cry suddenly stopped... the last breath came out mercilessly from the little chest and he became cold... End... then again another cursed morning... Jodha's heart-wrenching scream... the vacant gloomy air... Hussain's lifeless body... End of every dream... End of the smile of a father...End of his fatherhood...

Jalal could not bear anymore... The memories were chopping his heart...

"Shahenshah! Jodha stirred him. His hand fell of her hand listlessly... "Bass kijie... [Stop this!] He managed to utter in a severely broken voice...

Jodha waited for a while, then forcefully cupped his face and turned him towards her. He was now looking at her eyes... Jodha did not control her tear this time, she let that to fall... The tear rolled down through her cheeks and fell on Jalal's hand... And the touch of the tear melted the rock which was strangling him. He broke down... embracing Jodha with all his strength he cried. The flood from his eyes wetted Jodha. Jodha tried a lot to control herself again... as shedding tears on children's birthday is believed as an omen. But she could not...

After a while, Jodha picked up her face. Jalal was trying hard to control his emotions, and his whole body was trembling... "Shahenshah... Jodha called in a broken voice.

"Ha Jodha... Jalal tried to reply in a normal voice. He could not tolerate the shadow of gloom in Jodha's face anymore which has overpowered the smile... He tried to bind his emotions. Not anymore... He has to be strong for Jodha. He can understand from which extreme pain Jodha has prepared for the celebration of the twin's birthday... she needs him to stay strong. And he cannot break down... "Chaliye Jodha... Dua karte hay humare baccho ke liye... [Come Jodha... let's pray for our children...] he uttered, and could not check the shiver in his voice... Hassan and Hussain have lost forever in this vast universe... How their prayers can reach to them as a blessing?

But still, when they closed their eyes and uttered their blessings, a gentle breeze sooth their heart...

"Lijie Shahenshah... [Take this Majesty...] Jodha then took the bowl of kheer and held that in front of Jalal... Jalal picked up a spoon and fed Jodha. "Hassan Hussain ka salgira Mubarak ho, Jodha... [Happy Birthday of Hassan and Hussain, Jodha...] He uttered pushing the hard rock on his heart again...

"Aap ko bhi... [Same to you...] Jodha fed him back, while the corner of her eyes shone in tears... then slowly she kept her head on Jalal's chest. Jalal kept on caressing her hairs while his eyes kept on roaming around the room unmindfully... This room... full of so many memories of Hassan and Hussain! How does Jodha survive in this room? Why cannot he take breath when those memories flash in front of his eyes?

Jalal gripped Jodha more tightly as the pain had started choking him...

"Shahenshah... Jodha uttered.

"Hmm?

"Hum aapse agar aaj kuch mange to aap hume denge na? [If I ask you for something will you give that?]

"Zarur denge... [Of course I will...]

Jodha picked up her head and touched Jalal's face. While wiping out the trace of tears from the lap of his eyes she uttered in a low voice- "Hume ekbar humare baccho ke paas leke jayenge Shahenshah? [Will you please take me to our kids, Majesty?]

Jalal kept on gazing at her...

"Or kabhi nehi mangenge Shahenshah... Baas ekbar... Humare baccho ki janmdin hay aaj... Baas ekbar Shahenshah... [I will never want this again, Majesty... Only once... today is my kids birthday... please for once Shahenshah...] Jodha started weeping.

"Jo... Jodha... Jalal blindly held her hand. "Kyu nehi samajhti hay aap Jodha... Hum nehi jaa sakte uaha... [Why don't you understand Jodha... I cannot go there...] He covered his eyes and started sobbing suddenly. "Hum nehi jaa sakte! Hume ghutan hoti hay Jodha... hum nehi jaa sakte! [I feel choked there Jodha... I can't go there!]

IN THE DARK...

The graveyard was mingled in the twilight... The rows of the tombstones were standing like the broken sails in a ocean of death. The night was slowly covering the dim sparkle of the afternoon sky, and the shadow of the darkness had spread the rhythm of silence all over. The place is uncannily all full and empty at the same time...

In a very slow pace, the emperor and his queen slowly entered inside the graveyard. It seemed the vacant and spooky environment got a stir with their arrival. An owl hooted from a distance suddenly. The darkness fell down quickly and dropped a curtain of gloom around the place all of a sudden. The sleeping spirits under the tombstones seemed to have awakened... The cold breeze of death welcomed them... Slowly both of them, supported by eachother, moved forward...

They stood in front of a small shrine containing two small tombs side-by-side. Marium Makani has furnished this place herself. The place was different from the rest. The tombs were well-maintained and neat, and full of flowers. The names of the souls were engraved on the tombstone in gold...

Here lies Prince Hassan and Prince Hussain...

Jodha left Jalal's hand and moved forward. Taking a deep breath she knelt before the tombs, and took out two small woolen strolls which she had woven for her two little souls. And then she covered the graves with those with utter care and affection. "Humare do natkhat bacche kitni shanti se so rahe hay yeaha... [My two little naughty sons are sleeping so peacefully here...] She whispered and smiled in a heavy and wet voice. "Janmdin ki bohot subhkamnaye, Hassan or Hussain... Aisi hi shanti se rahena... humesha... [A very happy birthday to you both, Hassan and Hussain... Live in this peace... always...] Her voice choked but still she murmured to complete her sentence. "Bohot yaad aate hay aap dono apni Maa ko... Bohot yaad karte hay aapke maa aap dono ko... [You mother remembers you every time. Your mother misses you both so much!]

Two drops of tears fell on the graves. Jodha wiped out the rest and looked at Jalal. "Aiye Shahenshah... [Come Shahenshah...] She requested.

Jalal moved forward in trembling legs. The air was choking his breath... just like that day... still he walked towards Jodha... His eyes fell straightly on the tombstone... and he could not stand anymore...

"Yeah Khuda!! He knelt down with a sudden bang, covering his face... His whole body was shivering in an emotional jolt.

"Shahenshah... Jodha came closer and touched his shoulder. But he did not feel anything. He again felt the stringing pain of whip in his chest... someone was tearing his soul up with his sharp nails and teeth...

"Kyu le gaya mere baccho ko... kyu! [Why you took my children from me... why!] He murmured then, in an almost muted voice. Then he started sobbing, banging his head on the grave...

"Shahenshah... Jodha tried to pull him up, but he was at the end of his breaking point...

"Yeaha... yeaha dafna diya tha humne humare dil ki tukre ko... inn dono haatyon se... [Here... here I buried the piece of my heart... with these hands...] He cried pitifully... "Hassan ko god me lekar aye the yeaha Jodha... Inn haatyon se yeaha dafna diye the... Or fir inn hi haatyon se mitti... [I took Hassan here in my lap Jodha... I buried him here with my hand... then I put soil with these hands...]

He choked. Then he started banging his head on the ground... As if he wants to release all the grievance, all the agony right here in this place where he had buried his fatherhood with own hands. The heart-wrenching moan came out of his torn heart, a flow of anguish passed through the air... Jodha slowly hugged him from back...

"Or fir Hussain bhi... Jodha... [Then again Hussain... Jodha...] Jalal again continued in his anguished voice. "Hume uss din kuch dikhai nehi de raha tha Jodha... Ek ghor me the hum...Hosh nehi tha... Hussain ko yeaha letakar maulabi sahab ne mitti dene ke liye bole... hum bhi putle ki tarha unka baat mante gaye... Hussain bhi dafan ho gaya uss kabar ke andar... humne aapne haatyon se usse bhi... [I could not see anything that day Jodha... I was in semi-consciousness... I had no sense...The priest said to burry Hussain here by putting soil... I carried out his instructions like a puppet... Hussain also got buried inside that grave... I buried him also... ] He wailed out... "Yea Khuda! Kya kabhi iss dard se rahat nehi milegi?? [O God! Will I ever get over of this pain?? ]

Jodha held his head tightly against her chest to sooth him... He tried to control his tears but could not. Because it was a time when his heart wanted to vent out the pain he is bearing for such a long time... "Hum sochte the waqt thik kar dega sabkuch... Haa, waqt thik kar diya hay bohot kuch... waqt ke sath ghao aapne aap bhar jata hay; par jo jayga khali ho gaya hay usse bharne ka kayda waqt me nehi hay. [I thought that time will make everything alright! Yes, time mends many things... the wounds are recovered with time, but time cannot fill up the emptiness.] He looked at Jodha's eyes... "Abhi bhi agar koi hume humare baccho ki naam par kuch kaheke hume bahekane ki kosish kare to hum aapne aapko rok nehi paate. Hume gussa aata hay... Aaj bhi unse juri hui kisi bhi cheez ki yaad hume dard deta hay... Hum aapne aapko samhal nehi paate! Kyu hota hay yeh Jodha? Hum kyu aapki tarha sab kuch man kar unke yaadyon ke sath jeene ki adat nehi daal pate? Kyu unke bare me koi bhi baat hume humari walid hone ki wajud ki tauheen lagta hay? Hum kyu bar bar aapne dil se har jate hay? Kyu hota hay mere sath aaisa? [Even today, if someone pinches me with my children's name to distract me, I cannot control myself. I get angry... Even today every memory related to them gives me pain... I cannot control myself! Why this happens, Jodha? Why cannot I adopt the habit of living with their memories accepting the truth? Why anything related to their memory seems as the insult of my fatherhood to me? Why I lose in front of my heart all the time? Why this happens to me???] He shook Jodha with a sudden madness while breaking down again... "Kab chain milega hume! Kab! [When I will get peace! When!!]

Jodha could not answer... She only embraced him tightly. A vulnerable emperor surrendered himself completely on her body. Perhaps he needed to ask these questions... to release the burden in his heart...

An owl flew over their head... The continuous songs of the crickets welcomed the night in the graveyard... Jalal and Jodha kept on sitting in front of their sons' grave... being the support of each other...

A CALL OF PEACE...

The sun was about to set. The west sky was as red as the blush of a new bride. In the peaceful dusk, Sheikh Salim Chisti was cherishing the beauty of the last rays of the sun and the chattering of the birds while walking around in front of his little hut, suddenly he saw a palanquin guarded by some people to stand near to the doorstep of his hut. A young man, hardly of 23-24, came forward and assisted the lady to come out of the palanquin. Both of them headed towards his hut...

Salim Chisti smiled in his mind only. How he got the instinct that they will come...

The man looked a little lost while searching for someone in the empty surroundings. Salim Chisti came forward...

"Kisi ko dhund rahe hay? [Are you looking for someone?]

The young man looked at him, and at once bowed down with great respect... "Hum bohot dur se aa rahe hay Chisti Sahab. Srif aap se milne... [I am coming from a long distance, Chisti Sahab. Only to meet you...]

Chisti Sahab smiled again. The young man has a great intuition for obvious. How he understood in his first sight that he is talking with the same person he wants to meet!

"Baithkar baat kare? [Can you sit and talk?] He said.

"Ha... ha... They followed Salim Chisti Sahab and sat under the shadow of a tree. Shadow of tree is rare in this desert region, and so is the water... There is a large area which is very convenient for a well-constructed city, but maybe somehow the weather and the lack of water have prevented the population here... Still the small hut of the saint and the simple devotion of his local disciples have filled the air with an aura of purity... Both of them sat on the ground without hesitation; the man wiped out the sweat from his forehead in a lost weary while the woman picked her veil up to see and feel the aura from closer...

"Bataiye... Hum jaise ek nacheez ke liye itni taklif kyu uthayi aap dono ne?[Say... why you both took the hardship for meeting a mere person like me?] Chisti Sahab told.

"Yehi ek badi mazar me chaddar charane aye the, uaha suna aap ke bare me... [We had come to a big mosque nearby to offer cloths in prayers, and there we heard about you...] The man started. "Log kahe rahe the ki aap Allah ka paygambar hay! Hum par rahem kijie... [People were telling that you are the messenger of God! Mercy on us...] His voice sunk... "Bas thori si chain ki khoj me hay hum dono! Dwar-dwar bhatak rahe hay, par koi nehi mil raha jo iss dard ka dawa dhund de! Bohot umeed le kar aapke paas aye hay Sheikh Sahab! [We both are in search of a little peace! We are knocking door to door, but none is there to tell some remedy of this pain! We have come here with lot of hopes, Sheikh Sahab!]

Salim Chisti looked at both of them with tender and peaceful glare. Then with the same calm and restful smile he uttered- "Jis dard ka dawa khud Allah ke paas bhi nehi, uss dard ko bhulane ke liye humare paas aye ho? [You have come to me for the remedy of such a pain which cannot be given by God himself?]

Both of them stared with a shock. Chisti Sahab continued with the same smile intact. "Tum dono ke dard ka dawa banu o takat nehi hay mere paas beta. Ek Ammi ko uski baccho ko khone ki dard se rahat kaise de hum? Ek walid ko aapne baccho ko aapne haat se dafan karne ki ghutan se azadi jaise de? Aapne baccho ki maut ki saal-gira par mazar me chaddar charhakar chain ki khoj karne wale waliden ko chain ki rasta bata de o takat humme kaha? [I don't have that power to become the remedy of your pain my son. How can I free a mother from the pain of losing her children? How can I free the father from the strangulation of burying his children? How can I get the power of showing the path of peace to the poor parents who seeks solance by offering cloths in mosque in the death anniversary of their children?]

Both of them gazed at him speechlessly for a while. Then the women came closer and touched her head on his feet, murmuring- "Aap antaryami hay baba! [You are an omniscient, baba!]

"Nehi Beti... Hum bohot aam insaan hay. [No my daughter... I am a very common man.] Salim Chisti smiled. "Iss jahan ki iss khula aasman me hum baas ek azad parinda hay; jiske paas Allah ke naam ke sivay or koi bhi takat nehi hay. Hum baas Khuda ka nagma gaae firte hay, dunia badalne ki takat humare paas kaha? Iss jahan me koi kisi ka dard kam nehi kar sakta hay beti... Or kuch dard ko sine me lekar ta-umra chalna hi hota hay... [I am only a free bird of this vast sky of the world, who has no power except the name of Allah. I only keep on singing the song on my Allah's name; I do not have the power of changing the worls... None can become the remedy of the pain of anyone my daughter... And some pains are there to bear them forever inside the chest...]

"Par shanti kaise milegi Baba? [But how to get peace Baba!] She asked in an uncontrolled emotion. "Do saal ho gaya hay humari god ko suna hote hue. Tab se lekar thori si shanti ke liye jivan se jujhte rahe hay hum... Par srif bhatakte fir rahe hay unke smritiyon ke sath! [Two years have passed after my lap is emptied. Since then we are fighting in life to get a little peace. But we are only roaming around with their memories!]

"Iss dard ke raste me chalkar hi chain milegi beti... [The peace will come in the path of this pain only, my daughter.] Sheikh Sahab touched her head. "Khuda se kabhi aapna dard ka dawa maat manga Beti... Baas yehi dua karna ki o tumhe dard se jitney ki takat de. Dua karna ki kuch bhi ho jaye zindegi me, aapna takat or bharosa kabhi na toote... Jab ek chattan ki tarha aapni taklif ki samna karna sikh jaogi, chain mil jayega... [Never ask for the remedy of pain from God dear... Only pray so that he gives you the strength of winning over the pain. Only pray that no matter what happens in life, the strength and faith never breaks down... When you will learn to face the pain like a rock, you will get peace...]

"Dard ki dariya me tayrte hue chain ke khoj karte karte saalyon beet gaya hay Sheikh Sahab... [We spent years while searching for peace in the sea of pain, Sheikh Sahab...] The man closed his eyes while talking. "Bas waqt ke laheryon ke sath sath chalte hi ja rahe hay- ek toota hua naao ki tarha... manzil kahi kho gaya hay. Kahi bhi koi roshni nehi hay... [But we are only floating with the tide of time- like a broken ship... the aim is lost somewhere. There is no light anywhere...] He opened his eyes and looked at his eyes with an urge. "Hume pata hay, aap hi hay o umeed ki kiran... aap humare bhatakti zindegi ko kinare me le ja sakte hay! Rasta dikhaiye hum dono ko... [We know, you are the ray of hope for us. Only you can take our aimless life to the shore! Show us the way...]

"Aapne rasta to tumne khud chuna hay Jalaluddin. Hum kya rasta dikhaye tumhe! [You yourself have chosen your path Jalaluddin. What path should I show you?] Salim Chisti smiled.

He stared in surprise. It is not an easy task to distinguish the emperor in this disguise of a very common man. But he did not tell anything. Perhaps he had expected that it will be not possible to hide the identity from this divine man.

"Jo Shahenshah takht-taj ki kayed me aapne aapko kayed na karte hue aam aadmi ki tarha mitti me baith sakta hay, mitti me pare hue dhul ke sath ghul-milne me jinhe hichkhichahat nehi hoti; jishe aapne liye jine se pahele dusro ke liye jeena aata hay; jo dahsaat or lalaz ka rasta chorkar khud mohabbat ka rasta chuna hay, jinke paas dunia badalne ki takat hay, unhe kya raasta dikhaye hum? [The emperor who can sit on the ground and can mix with the dusts on ground instead of imprisoning himself in the prison of throne and crown; who can live for everyone before living for his own; who himself chooses the way of love leaving the way of fear and greed behind, who has the power of changing the world, how I will show him his path?] Salim Chisti said in a moderated voice. "Rasta tumhe pata hay Jalaluddin. O rasta tumne khud chuna hay... Jis farz or zammidari ki soch se tum aapne watan ki har ek ghar ki har ek insaan ki khusi barkarar rakhne ke liye aapna din-raat ek karte ho, uss mohabbat ka rasta hi hay tumhara manzil. [You yourself know the path, Jalaluddin. The path is chosen by you... The sense of duty and responsibility which keeps you busy day and night to keep the happiness intact in the face of each person in each hime of your motherland, that same love will be the way towards your aim.]

"Par inn sab ke bawajud bhi hume chain kaha milta hay Baba! [But where I get peace in spite of these, baba!] Jalal could not control the emotion of his voice. "Kaam or farz ke pichhe hum kuch der ke liye aapni niji zindegi ko bhul sakte hay; par usse nazarandaz nehi kar sakte... [I can forget my personal life behind the work and duty, but I cannot ignore that...]

"Maat karo nazarandaz... Failne do uss dard ko aapne sine me. Aankhe kholke dekho- iss dunia me kitne hazar masoom log hay jo tumhare jaisa dard se guzar raha hay... Mahesoos karo unke dard, mahesoos karo unke takleef... Aapne dard ke sath sare dunia ki dard ko jab ek taar me jor paoge, tabhi milegi tumhe chain ki azadi... [Don't ignore... Let the pain to spread on your heart. Open your eyes- so many innocent people are there in this world suffereing from the same pain... Feel their pain, their agony... When you will able to connect your pain with the rest of the world's pain in a same wire, you will achieve the freedom of peace...] Salim Chisti touched his shoulder. "Tum aam nehi ho Jalaluddin. Lakho me se tumhe chuna gaya hay... Tumhare manzil bohot uncha hay, isliye tumhare imtihaan bhi ashaan nehi! Par tum jitne ke lie hi payda hue ho... Dard or taklif tumhe hara nehi sakta... [You are not common, Jalaluddin. You are chosen... Your aim is much higher, and so your test in not easy! But you are born to win, the pain cannot defeat you...]

"Par darr lagta hay baba! Kahi iss jung me hum aapni wajud ko na kho de! [But I am afraid Baba! What if I lose my entity in this fight!] Jalal uttered.

"Jo mohabbat ka rasta chunta hay koi bhi tufaan use mita nehi sakta Jalaluddin. Aapne aap par yaakin rakho or age badhte jao... Jab dard or taklif aakar dum ghotne lage to unhe aapna takat bana lo... Zindegi ki raaftar nehi rukega Jalaluddin, or ushi safar me tumhe itminan milega. [Who chooses the way of love no storm can destroy him, Jalaluddin. Keep faith on yourself and move forward. When the pain will strangle you, make them your strength. The pace of life will never stop Jalaluddin, and your satisfaction will come through that journey.] He then looked at Jodha and smiled. He took her hand and gave that on Jalal's hand. "Yehi sathgi, yehi mohabbat tum dono ko andhire se bahar le aya hay, roshni or umeed ki kiran se zindegi ko fir se raah dikhaya hay... aab yehi saathgi tumhe chain or rahat bhi dega... Kuch bhi ho jaye aapne mohabbat se yaakin mat todna... [This togetherness, this love has pulled you both out from the doom of darkness, have showed you the path of life againwith the light and ray of hope... And this togetherness will again give you peace. Whatever happens, never break the trust on your love...]

Jalal and Jodha gazed at his soothing smile for some moments, then their heads bowed in respect. "Hum nehi jante hay ki hum iss imtihaan me khara utar payenge bhi yeah nehi Baba... Par aapke yehi kuch baatein humare dil ko jo sukoor diya hay o hi humare liye bohot hay! [I don't know if I will be ever able to pass the examination Baba... But your words have soothed my heart in a great way and that is much important for me!] Jalal uttered.

"Ashirbaad kijiega Baba... [Bless us Baba...] Jodha uttered. "... ki hum iss pariksha me uttirn ho paye... [So that we pass this test...]

"Tumhe iss imtehaan ko pura karna hi hay Jalaluddin or Jodha Begam... [You have to complete this test, Jalaluddin and Jodha Begam...] Salim Chisti smiled with a strange glow in his face. "Tum dono se to jura hay Hindustan ki aane wala kal. Taarikh tumse kuch umeed rakhta hay, or uss umeed paar khara utarne ke liye dard ke aag me jalkar bhi tumhe zindegi ki jung me jitna hi hay... [The future of Hindustan is connected with both of you. The History expects a lot from you, and you have to burn in the fire of pain and have to win the battle of life to fulfill that expectation.]

He placed his hands on their heads. Both of them felt a strange current passing through their veins and soothing their soul... The blessing of Salim Chisti comorted their heart in a strange yet simple and divine way...

"Or jab tum dono iss imtihaan me jit jaogi, [And when you both will win,] The voice of Salim Chisti floated in the twilight sky like a divine declaration... "Tab tum dono ko milega aapni saathgi or mohabbat ka tofa! Khuda khud tumhare liye ek chain or khusi ki faristha ko bhejenge... tumhare bacche ki chehre me... Jalaluddin Mohammad- tumhe bohot jald aapni sabse azij begam se ek beta nasib hoga, jo tumhare mohabbat ki nishani hogi; jo tumhare sare dard bhulakar tumhe zindegi ki ek nayi parav par paucha dega... [You both will get the award of your love and togetherness! God himself will send an angel of peace and happiness to you in the form of your child... Jalaluddin Mohammad- you will be fortunate of getting a son very soon from your most favourite wife, who will be a sign of your love; and who will help you to step on a new phase of life forgetting the pains...]

Jodha and Jalal gazed at his glowing face without a blink. A drop of tear fell from their eyes together on Salim Chisti's feet.

A NEW BEGINNING TO A NEW LIFE...

Woh jo mujh me samaya woh jo tujh me samaya
Maula wahi wahi maaya...
Tu hai mujh mein samaaya kahaan leke mujhe aaya
Main hoon tujh mein samaaya...tere peechhe chala aaya
Tera hi main ik
saaya...tune mujhko banaya
Main tto jag ko naa bhaya, tune gale se lagaya
Haq tu hi hai khudaya
Sach tu hi hai khudaya...

The amazing mellifluous chorous of the holy sufi-saints had enveloped the whole sky with a pure and divine aura, as if the heaven had come here to meet the earth. The silvery beam of the soothing moon in the sky, the calm and holy environment in the cottage of the holy man, and the simple display of devotion by the local saints through their melody- the small cottage of Sikri had became the most sacred place of this earth... With an amaze the emperor was gazing at the moves of the singers- how they have drowned in their devotion and the melody... The sufi saints have a very simple and amazing way to reach to the spirituality, which being free from all the hypocrisy of customs and rituals is bearing its own unique tradition and value... They were whirling in a synchronized tone being lost in their song sung in the name of the God. None of them are on the ground of this earth now... their bodies were only whirling, while they are lost in their meditation to connect themselves with almighty. He gazed and gazed... and perhaps he too lost in the tune of devotion... Peace... here is the place where he has got the peace for which he yearned so much...

They could have left Sikri right after their talk with Sheikh Salim Chisti. But Chisti Sahab himself requested them for nightstay. Perhaps he knew that this scene of prayer and this song have the power of regaining the lost peace and life in a dejected parent's heart who have just returned from after a prayer in a mosque in their children's death anniversary. He knew that they will regain the ray of life from this peaceful air of this holy cottage which they lost in the sea of despire. The words of Salim Chisti had worked like a bum to their heart, his prediction had given them a new hope, and now, this peaceful sight has the capacity to sooth their all senses by connecting them to the spirituality...

Jalal closed his eyes. His soul started floating in the divinity of the air. Sponteniously, he kept his palm on the palm of Jodha...

Jodha opened her eyes and looked at Jalal. The contentness of his heart has reflected on his face... She could feel that the saturation in soul, which has already brought tears in her eyes, has spread in the heart of her husband too. Slowly she gripped his palm. In this pious evening in this holy place, she took another vow of togetherness... their bond is witnessed by the nature... the divine aura has pured their bond... now in every storm in their life, they will stand together...

At the night, Jalal came inside the little hut allocated for both of them for this night. Jodha was sitting on the mat on the ground, unmindfully staring at the sky. Jalal silently sat beside her...

"Kab prasthan karna hay kal, Shahenshah? [When we will set out tomorrow, Majesty?] Jodha asked.

"Subha nikal jayenge to jaldi pauch jayenge Agra. [If we set out at early morning, we will reach fast in Agra.] Jalal answered. "Jitni jaldi ho sake accha hay. Bohot kam hay Agra me. [It will be good to reach early. I have a lot of work in Agra...]

Jodha silently kept her head on Jalal's chest. So the little moment of peace they had stolen from their busy days is going to finish tomorrow... But this little moment has meant a lot in their life...

Jalal stretched his hand around Jodha's shoulder and closed his eyes. The melodious tune of the sufi song was still floating in the air...

"Pata hay Shahenshah, [You know Shahenshah,] Jodha uttered after a long time. "Aab sab kuch thik ho jayega... Hume pata hay! [Everything will be fine now... I know!] She had a strong confidence in her voice.

"Ha Jodha... Jalal said holding her hand. "Hume yaakin hay... [Yes Jodha... I have faith...]

They gazed at each other's eyes for a long long time. The melodious aura had spread a soothing and heavenly aroma in the air... They floated in that aura, losing their existence in eachother's eyes... Peace... the source of peace for which they were lookin for is right there- in the calmness and faith in their eyes... the peace is there in the love they have for eachother...

Jodha came closer to Jalal's face. Jalal cupped her face. Jodha stretched her hands around his waist. They drank the enigma of this proximity for a long time... Then their lips parted and entwined with eachother. The beam of moonlight fell on their head as the ray of blessing from the almighty. The melodious aroma let them to lose their entity in eachother's arm... in the source of peace and love...

The night came in the little hut... with the call of a new beginning of a new life...

...end...

sreemathe thumbnail
Fainally u gave the update 😛Nice chapter😊but i will miss them alot😭
mamina thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeh phool, yeh khushboo, yeh bahar,
Tumko mile yeh sab upahar,
Asama ke chand aur sitaare,
In sab se tum karo sringar
Tum khush raho abaad raho,
Khushiyon ki ho aisee phuhaar,
Hamaree aisee dua hazar,
Daman tumhara chhota par jaye,
Jeevan mein mile tumhe itna pyar.
Happy new year
jodha😉
Etaferahu.kassa thumbnail
Wow it is wonderful chapters pls continue don't end it
IshqHaiWoEhsaas thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Can't believe NL has already finished...
simranjitkaur thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Haww..admin u cant do this pls its new year so u need to continue this
Shinning_Stuti thumbnail
Guys!
A very very happy new year to you all!😃 Wish this year brings happiness, luck and prosperity in every life. 😳

Now coming to the point... first of all very very sorry for ending NL in a little hurry and for not even pming to anyone. I wanted to end it grandly but I was so busy yesterday that could not help it...

Anyways, after a long journey of 3 years New Life, my first FF on Jodha Akbar has come to an end! New Life is always very special to me, not only it introduced me to India Forum and included my name in the list of eminent FF writers of JA, but also it lit up the passion of writing in me. 😳 Maybe New Life is not the best work of me, but is the closest one of my heart. It is so close to me that while writing the ending part, I was feeling that something very big is going to be finished!
However, every good thing should end one day. 😛 Those who are not happy with the ending, don't worry and stay tuned, I will be back with an happy happy epilogue ASAP!

And most importantly, to all my readers and friends- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TOLERATING ME AND LOVING MY STORIES SO MUCH! I know I am sometimes too much late-latif is case of updating, but still you people are so sweet that you are always there for me. 😳😳

Thank you so much once again for loving New Life sooo Much! 😃