Age,Appearance and Birthdays

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi guys,

There have been a couple of topics on actors' age and appearance.I quite agree that some actors don't look the character they are playing.But in real life I know lots of people who have taken good care of themselves and look much younger than they really are,so it doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

Anyway,what I would like to say in this topic is a little different,although it's an age related issue.Why is that most of us(mostly female members,I assume) don't reveal the birthdates in our profiles? I do understand not giving real names and location for want of privacy,but birthdates would only get one lots of greetings from friends all over the world.

Some members made an effort to get to know one another better by writing about themselves.Even there, some members hide their age.

Often,when I read a post that has interesting or very different views from mine,I check the profile for the person's age.I am often surprised that such young people have so much maturity and such wordly wise views.Amazing!!!.It gives me a better understanding of why they think the way they do.

Guys,I really do respect your choice of not revealing your birthdate,these are just my thoughts.

All of us who are blessed with a long life go through infancy, adolescence, youth, middle age and old age.Every stage is beautiful if you make it so and enjoy it. Age is never an issue between true friends.In marriage,well that's another topic altogether!!!

Ageing is a natural process of life, if we stay fit and healthy, enjoy life,be happy,make others happy then we can all look like Simran even when we are 50+.๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers,

Akshata

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

watsonmamu thumbnail

Akshata, I completely agree with your thoughts. I am not sure what it is that prevents women from revealing their age. I am one of them and though I have been told I look a lot younger than my age, I don't usually reveal my age unless I have to. And when I have revealed my age, I have received varied reactions!

I completely agree that ageing is a natural process but I believe it is the reaction of other people that prevents me from revealing my age. I am happy, healthy and fit. So why should I reveal my age?

I am as young as my heart is!

I agree that many people have a maturity beyond their age but that could be because of the experiences this person has been through and may have nothing to do with age.

Just my two cents.......๐Ÿ˜Š

Akshata thumbnail

You said it whatsonmamu๐Ÿ˜Š

"One is as young as one's heart feels",Absolutely!

Akshata

vvrsun thumbnail
I thought there was an old saw in India, which says "...dont' ask a woman her age, or a man his salary... " ๐Ÿ˜‰