Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
The first drama I watched was Humsafar and the only thing I got hooked to in that drama was Fawad Khan and nothing elseπŸ˜†
Then I watched Rukhsar for Agha Ali and Sumbul, I didn't like that one very much either.
After that I started to watch shows like ZGH, BM, KAM, etc. That's when I noticed that there are actually good Pakistani shows out there.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

nice discussion.
First Pakistani drama I watched was Humsafar. but it didn't make me hooked, coz I've seen many such stories in Arabic dramas before.
KAM made me hooked..and I loved Imraan so I thought of watching his shows. but I didn't.
Besharam made me a regular watcher of Pakistani dramas. After that I stopped watching Indian soaps, movies , and every thing I was watching..and became addicted to Pakistani dramas , and this forum.
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ishq-Dua

I was just searching about it to know more about the plot. Then I read a couple of reviews and comments on how the drama is somewhat seen as an insult to women and their decision making powers as well as how the main purpose of the female characters is to satisfy men
and produce kids.
Reading these comments kinda got me worriedπŸ˜•

It maybe hard to believe, but I've never watched anything for Noman Ijaz, even though I have heard what an incredible actor he is.

It's actually pretty feminist, especially at the end. The entire point of the drama is to show how one wife rises up against her sexist pig husband.

I guess I could consider it *the* drama. Mera Zaat Zarra e Benishan was amazing too, as was Aks.
Edited by Fobby_FoSho - 7 years ago
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My first ever Pakistani show was Mehendi on PTV when I was young and didn't know what a drama is πŸ˜†. And I am proud that Mehendi was the first ever drama that I watched 😎.

Concept about 4 sisters attracted me I remember, cuz we are four sisters as well. And the show was wonderful too.. cuz I rewatched it some time ago and I found it equally engaging. And the OST.. the evergreen Mehendi song by Jawad Ahmed *MEMORIES*
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

@Ash . Hi five ..we are 4 sisters too.πŸ˜ƒ
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't watch too many shows, from the very beginning.. cuz I don't like to waste my time on a show which will eventually turn out to be bad.. So I mostly watch shows on recommendations. That is why I have not watched so many famous shows as well.. I actually started watching Pakistani shows in 2012.. properly.. I watched Roag which was splendid, Bashar Momin kept me hooked, Dastaan was wonderful, Durr e Shehwar again was a masterpiece .. then Piya Mann Bhaye .. These are just majors but left their impact on me that's why I remembered them now while listing.
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
@Ash
I usually wait for dramas to end because I don't have the patience to wait for one episode per week and because I want to know if the show has a good ending instead of wasting my time on it.
KNK is a rare case here πŸ˜†

I also ask people if a drama is good before I start watching it because I've experienced watching shows that ended up on a bad note and it's so irritating.
Ishq-Dua thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fobby_FoSho

It's actually pretty feminist, especially at the end. The entire point of the drama is to show how one wife rises up against her sexist pig husband.

I guess I could consider it *the* drama. Mera Zaat Zarra e Benishan was amazing too, as was Aks.

Fobs I will trust your word on that and I will give MS a try. 😳
So Noman Ijaz's character is negative here?
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah he's an evil character! But played so well!

OMG we're 4 sisters too! And I loved Mehndhi! Fizza Ali was so cute :)
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
@ishq dua...PLZ WATCH MERE SAAEIN
it's the BEST work of sameera fazal

Nauman is the lead but it has FQ and mohib mural in supporting roles too

3 of the gals r amina sheikh ...savera Nadeem n sunita Marshall

Nauman ejaz plays a grey character

It's an excellent show

N best part is ARY has recently uploaded all epis in very good print

So finally I watched this show recently n was blown away

Plz watch it