Frequent Posters

Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

Okay, I wrote a short drabble, warning: it's short πŸ˜†

"M..Ma...Mama.. Bolo na, mama!"

He heard her voice before he saw her.

It had become a habit of theirs, Ayna brought the kids down to the lounge right around the time Mohsin was to come home from work. And so, the first sight he would see as he walked in was her playing with their kids. their kids. their. her.

She'd smile at him and lift her eyelashes to peek at him before asking him "Aaj aapka din kaise tha?" And then she'd hand him whomever was in her lap, more often it was Asher than Tabi or Raania, grab his briefcase and walk over to the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

When she was finally gone from his view, Mohsin would admit that he loved his kids, they were his kids, of course he loved them with all his heart and soul but what he craved and the only thing that would soothe his heart was her quiet question of "Aaj aapka din kaise tha?".

But today was different.

Today, he heard her voice say softly " "M...Ma...Mama.. Bolo na, mama!" She was encouraging the twins, who had began to murmur and make weird noises and words that only she was capable of understanding, as a mother would.

So he had stopped himself from opening the door entirely and coming in, pausing in the doorway to see for the exchange between probably Ashar and Ayna continued.

" Anni!" Tabi squealed and just like that the moment broke. He saw as her face fell and was quickly but back in place.

"Yes Tabi beta...theek hai, abhi aap kay baba will come home, and we'll ask him..."

She focused her attention back on the baby boy and encouraged him " A...An...Anni...Bolo Anni."

Feeling something inside him drop, Mohsin opened the door fully and walked in.

" Aaj Aapka din kaise tha?" She moved to pick up Ashar so that she could hand the boy to him when she heard him say,

" Very bad. I have a headache. I'm going to go take a shower, please make me some chai."

With that he dropped his briefcase and walked away.

-----Finished 😳

How was it, I wrote it fast, so maybe not so good? Also, the ending, I wanted to make it sweet but then i thought about it and seriously, this is mohsin we are talking about so ? πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

That was a cute one Tabs!
I loved your idea on how the kids started calling her Anni instead of mom.
Mohsin standing by the doorway and quietly watching her interaction with Ashar and her attempt in trying to make him call her mom.
Aww he actually felt bad because he wanted the kids to call her mom.
I liked how Mohsin and Ayna were so much in character.
Overall I really enjoyed reading it! Very beautifully written.

-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Abby meri behen, bas kar de.. tujhe Allah ka wasta hai.. I am so sure nobody of this gang is interested about knowing how much popularity that new show of Zahia Aiza is getting.. we literally don't care.. πŸ˜†. It has its own thread to have enough discussions.
Knklove thumbnail
I kinda don't want TAbi and Aafaq to get together because Mohsin needs to realise that a woman's choice in marriage is not always the wrong choice. mohsin has a lot yet to learn!
-RisingAsh- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Knklove

I kinda don't want TAbi and Aafaq to get together because Mohsin needs to realise that a woman's choice in marriage is not always the wrong choice. mohsin has a lot yet to learn!

Majority have Mohsin's kind of mentality. I would love if they showed this aspect in KNK that a woman CAN choose a right person for herself. There are some exceptions, yes. Parents should support them if the guy seems good. And same goes for a son. But it depends on the situations too.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

You bring up a good point here.
I had concluded, post Mohsin's inner dialogue, that Aina had not been at fault ( in his mind) she been led astray by Imraan...instead, of thinking a woman's choice in marriage is wrong, he assumed that a women in general were led by their emotions and hence they made wrong choices. πŸ€“
.nilu. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

I somewhat agree. Aafaq could end up being a good guy eventually, but that doesn't make it ok to impose your judgements on your kids. If Tabi believes she can be happy with her friends bro, then he should've been given a chance to meet tabi's family and then they could've mutually decided on who's a better match. But who am I kidding, Mohsin would never think that far πŸ˜†
-RisingAsh- thumbnail
Yes Tabs, Mohsin isn't really shown that he thinks negative about women taking decisions. He just has this fear of them getting betrayed by the guy they will choose.. And this actually the case for 90% percent of Fathers and brothers here.
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I know I am off topic again, but I just wanted to share, yet again, what a comic delight this lady is in her show Faltu Larki: Hina Dilpazeer. She took me to the world of wry wit that I thought was the domain of Wodehouse. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!
And she also exemplifies how a well-written, well-cast part can make a supposedly over-the-hill actress shine. In an ageist and sexist profession, this surely is reason to celebrate!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!!! And the characters spoke in such a good humoured, playful way about watching Indian TV shows, and how their favourite characters always come back to life, it made me laugh out loud :-)

And after Dumpukht and Faltu Ladki, I have to say APlus seems to be doing a fine job of picking out good, well-cast, well-written shows, and their production values are quite appropriate to the story too. So Hum isn't the only one although it might be the one that is most known.

Back to KNK, yay to Maaz's entry but something tells me that Maaz's entry scene will likely occur at the flag end of Tuesday's episode. SO, we won't get more details about his character until after another week or so from now.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Jnam, i agree, there's thread for faltu larki on the forum, if you want to check that out, idk how active it is thoπŸ˜†

@Ash, exactly, it isn't that he believes Affaq is the best, even in his speech to Tabi, he emphasises that Affaq ghar ka bacha hai...He thinks as Affaq's Mamo, Affaq will think twice before harming or hurting Tabi because he will know that Tabi has her father's support behind her.
Which in turn, is kind of sweet πŸ˜†

In a case where Tabi and Affaq's relationship takes a "violent turn" I feel like Mohsin will welcome her back and feel quite bad and guilty as he pushed Tabi toward Affaq.

He loves Tabi too much to push her out as say stuff like Sasural is where the girl belongs, or anything along those lines

---- in retrospect, this makes me love mohsin even more πŸ˜† and I am getting less and less upset with his actions 🀣
Edited by _Tabs_ - 7 years ago
Knklove thumbnail
Yes that's true. But I am hoping that the writers do address the fact that not every girl has to sacrifice (like Aina did) and go through hardships to live a happy life. because from what is shown, Pupo is not as great as Mohsin thinks.