Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I watched the whole episode, but I didn't want to comment/review on Alia-Affaq 😆 it seems repetitive and I had exams this week, so all I want to do is sleep...🤣...that's why review was short too, otherwise I fill 3-4 posts easily...
I am much more excited for tomorrow's epi, so I may lump both the reviews together or make an extra long review tomorrow
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
I didnt find affaq alia repetitive today
For once alia put some sense into him n she doesn't support him blindly when all Affaq thinks abt is to manipulate Mohsin

She keeps reminding him Mohsin is her brother n how he is

I liked alias dialogues today for a change
_Sapphire_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi everyone

Finally caught up with today's ep

Can I just say how much I love MoNa scenes - they were beautiful. I loved that scene MoNa had with maaz. Ayna looked so happy with her husband and son. The look she gave to Moshin when he said he didn't mind Maaz needing his wife at times. It's obvious that these two men mean everything to her. She looked so serene in that scene. Even Moshin was happy to see Ayna looking cheerful when talking about Maaz in their bedroom.

Too much Rania and Maaz moments and really didn't enjoyed it 🤢 Cringed at every Maaz and Raina moments - don't get me wrong I like Maaz and like Rania as individuals but not as a couple

It's was great to see FaSa again...just like old times! 😆 Can't wait to have them back in Pakistan
😆 prefer FaSa scenes over the kids 😆

Even though I get that Ayna missed her real son after all these years so is probably enjoying every precious moment she is having with him - At the same time my heart went out to Asher - he didn't deserve to be neglected at all. 😔 Hope Ayna won't neglect her other kids at the expense of Maaz

Still waiting for Imran to come back - it's time for the writers to bring their attention back to the original characters such as MoNa-FaSa and Imran and it's original storyline. It's not Maaz-Rania story - it's MoNa!!!

Edited by CharmGal - 7 years ago
jasmine_anih thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I thought the writers gave us a lot of information.
The first scene really made you see an 18 year marriage. Aina was clearly awake and Moshin wakes up and says you can't sleep. She's like it's okay. He goes back too sleep - lol. I was thinking she is only up every night looking at pictures, you notice today.

There's a tension that is in the room when Afaaq, Tabi and Moshin are in the room. It wasn't that way with Maaz, Rania, Aina and Moshin. Moshin almost look liked a normal Dad towards Rania. I dunno. The tone was different.

I am on team, I like Maaz, he looks like a combination of Imran and Aina. I think a lot of the silliness we saw was to set up foils. Aina and Maaz have similar tastes and preferences. Asher clearly picked up on something. Rania is love. She makes me smile. I didn't feel her and Maaz was forced. When Afaaq and Rania goof off, they really are saying what they mean in jest. Maaz and Rania are really laughing at each other.

Sajal to me is the same. She cut Aina off for 18 years, threw Aina out while she was pregnant, she accused Aina for making the moves on Faraz, need I go on. They neighbor told Aina, your sister doesn't really like you. Yes Sajal has moments of being nice, but think back to the way she treated Aina even leaving for America.

All in all I think the writers are giving us two messages. One, what Faraz said to Sajal, Aina vested 20 years to a new life. She won't throw it away. I think the same is true for Moshin. There is too much going on. Once he is aware of the truth, he has to live with Aina.

Maaz and Aina's conversation was the real conversation. He asks her who is your hero and she says you!!❤️ This was the first time we saw Aina express love, not react but express. She goes on to say the something along the lines of people play parts and have purposes in each other's lives, but only few have significance. Everything Aina has done was to secure a better life for Maaz.

It looks like Afaaq will fall from grace soon. Moshin looks close to getting a clue and then takes a nap. I digress.

Edited by jasmine_anih - 7 years ago
jasmine_anih thumbnail

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

I didnt find affaq alia repetitive today

For once alia put some sense into him n she doesn't support him blindly when all Affaq thinks abt is to manipulate Mohsin

She keeps reminding him Mohsin is her brother n how he is

I liked alias dialogues today for a change

I think Alia has always been that way with Afaaq in private. She has clearly lost any sort of credibility with him. If the marriage happens Tabi will be doomed.
Edited by jasmine_anih - 7 years ago
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I feel like because Affaq sees and knows Alia as a two faced person...how she is to other people, he doesn't respect her as his mother or treat her with Izzat...he's very dismissive of her
just me?
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
@JASMIN ANIH...YAAR TU KAHA THA...LOVED it review
That's EXACTLY how I watched the epi today

And I loved that night scene of MONA also the adoring look AYNA gave to Mohsin when he said maaz can disturb them anytime...that drawing room scene was a beautiful scene

Another MONA scene u I really liked was when Mohsin asked AYNA that what went wrong between the sisters...that was a very important scene n emaad was just excellent there
He knows there is something he doesn't know fully n I loved it how he said he knows faraaz left pak in the first place for sajjal

Loved how things r moving back to the past n small ques being raised again to fill in the blanks for Mohsin as he was kept in the dark for a long time

And I loved how the scene ended with both Mona approving maaz and Mohsin saying ...i talked to my sister for taabi
Now u talk to ur sister for maaz n raniya and AYNA smiled

That Mona scene was very well acted by EMNA

jasmine_anih thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

I feel like because Affaq sees and knows Alia as a two faced person...how she is to other people, he doesn't respect her as his mother or treat her with Izzat...he's very dismissive of her

just me?

I think that's true. I think Affaq follows people who provide a benefit to him. He will leave anyone. His mom's pettiness is playing out.
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Tabs_

just me?

Affaq is an example of guys who do not hv a decent personality n who doesn't hv a father figure

Such boys are exactly like how Affaq are

If the boy is basically good...he becomes the family's protector after the dad dies like how Mohsin was

But if there is no father figure then guys get greedy n materialistic n don't give imp to the mothers just like Affaq

It's a basic phenomena which we are so much around us

Affaq gets it very well what's alia trying to say but still he will do things his way
Fobby_FoSho thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
People, People! Woah woah woah woah woah! I believe I specifically said it was a good episode! What's with all the negativity???
I won't do a full review since I watched the episode like 8 hours ago and each and every scene isn't fresh in my head, but it wasn't a bad episode. As much as I don't like Raania and Maaz, I don't know if I'd call it a filler either, because the episode still moved quite a few things forward (Sajjal's surgery, the Maaz and Raania tract, etc.). Kuch na Kaho has had almost no fillers in its 36 episode run; pretty impressive, actually.

I feel at fault for bringing up how much I don't like Raania and Maaz, and yes I agree they take up a lot of space, but you gotta think of the bigger, MoNa picture here: the more Mohsin likes Maaz, the more the sizzle there'll be when Mohsin learns the truth about Maaz's parentage. You know Mohsin will do something cray cray like kick Maaz out, or at least forbid him from going anywhere near Raania. I suppose that will make the Raania and Maaz we endure now worth it, ultimately.

I will agree, though, that the episode, while not totally a filler, had pretty fillerish, repetitive scenes. How often did we need to see Asher get jealous? KnK was great because it used to be able to convey a character's entire emotions with one, sometimes wordless, scene, and now we're getting it thrown at us over and over again: Asher is jealous, Raania and Maaz are the new "will-they, won't-they", Taabi doesn't like Afaaq, Aina lovesss Maaz and is now complete, etc.

And as much as we hate the decreased MoNa airtime, for a post-leap drama, MoNa as parents get a ton of time, and today's episode especially showed they get a lot of romantic time, too. How often do we see the middle-aged (it feels pretty weird calling EmNa this, not gonna lie) parents getting up to check on the other? The drawing room scene with the two of them? How Mohsin can still analyze Aina and knows something's up even when she won't tell him herself? How Mohsin threw back Aina's "when rishtay change..." line from the dinner date back at her in a very Mohsin way today (v cute, btw, v cute, writers)? The bedroom scene? Them literally sitting in a chair/bed just looking at each other, talking in calm voices and screaming chemistry like an old Hollywood couple? (God, EmNa were made to play opposite each other). Yes, this was originally their story, but we know that Pakistani dramas have a leap lust and the kids' stories always take over. Also, as Ash has mentioned, the novel revolves only around the post-leap scenes. Since the writer of the drama and novel are the same, we should be thankful she decided to expand the MoNa in the drama instead of giving us minimum MoNa and all kids. Here, the kids' stories are finally starting to take over, but MoNa are getting more than the usual even post-leap, and it's def more than the novel gave them.

I must be the only person who truly enjoyed the Sajjal scenes today. Firstly, I'm glad Maaz knew nothing about her illness. Secondly, I understand her "hysteria" (as Maaz called her) at being afraid of losing Maaz. Sajjal was not able to have children of her own; I *think* the writers are hinting at her having ovarian or uterine cancer, so she's probably about to have an operation to take away the last of her ability to possibly have children (she probz already had a hysterectomy, now she's most likely about to get an oophorectomy). And then to top it all off, she finds out the boy she raised as her own is off gallivanting in Pakistan without her permission or knowledge and he's with his biological mother. The doctor in me knows what a sensitive time it is whenever a patient is ill, on top of that Sajjal received another shock. She's under a lot of stress and the last thing she wanted to hear was that while she's being operated on, her sister is enjoying Sajjal's son (yes, we all know he is Aina's son, but not in Sajjal's mind, not for the past 19 years).

On the other hand, Faraz has never 100% be able to comprehend Sajjal's fears of losing Maaz. He took her to America 19 years ago to placate her, but those were just actions as Faraz told Sajjal he wanted to stay in Pakistan and only moved to make her happy. Now Faraz is right in his own way, because it's been long enough and it's time to come home. After all, 19 years ago they left because it was Sajjal's demand. Now he wants to return on his demand. He told Sajjal his desires in a very Faraz way--he made his point, but still explicitly showed care regarding Sajjal's mental and physical health along the way. Our Faraz is still there, but he's tired of living away from family and wants to go home.

Huh. I ended up writing what may as well be a review.

Might as well include a line about Afaaq and Alia--Afaaq is growing on me, and I'm starting to be intrigued by Taabi/Afaaq, but still only want it to actually happen if/when Taabi accepts it wholeheartedly. I will also be just as pleased with Mohsin kicking Afaaq's ass. As for Alia...she is literally as useful as one of the paintings in the background to me.

8/10. Decent, but we've seen better.