Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

486792 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
That entire article is very thoughtful and well written.Actually I found myself agreeing with the writer.
Many things are expected of a woman.She should be the ideal daughter,wife,mom and homemaker.And she is expected to excel in those jobs.She cannot afford to make any mistake.Just one small mistake and all her good deeds will be forgotten.
I am not saying that everybody thinks the same but some people do have this mentality.She is expected to be a superhuman.

And why should a woman remain confined to her house?? Its a preconceived notion that working women cannot manage their homes properly.Why is it so??
A working woman can balance her family and her work properly.Yes she will falter at times because at the end of the day she is a human being too.But she will complete her all her duties and remain faithful to them.In return she deserves her independence and respect.

No offence meant to anyone's religious sentiments but personally I have found the Tulsidas Ramayana to be quite misogynistic.Some verses like the above one and another one which says that a woman's place is at her husband's feet is really demeaning.

Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vdvisa

Oh really with the hair I thought it was from now...that was bad

How did u miss my comment πŸ˜† i said na its old one .. Mr sharma is in hiding mode πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: padmalaya30

I used to watch it in the beginning.The lead couple were a bit cliched but I liked Omkara's character a lot.He was unique.And his pairing with Ishana had potential though it was not executed.

Then the story was butchered.I quit watching it long ago.

Word Count: 0

padmalaya30 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Andromeda...
I dont have any idea about the verses explaining about qualities of being ideal husband..

Maybe they are highlighting this verse just to show how these two different ppl come together

Tbh i didnt like the way he was highlighting only these two qualities for a ideal wife..

Also what u say is true..Hindu dharma says both should do dharma equally..even in SKR we had such scenes mentioning about this,,

If possible please share that article,,

Btw what is your real name and whr r u from πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by padmalaya30 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Ashi I know what you have written. See I might have put here on the molestation happened for Bhavana. After that incident I had gone to a girls school where I usually go for weekend classess. Normally I take GK. But that day I didnt feel like taking it. Instead I put the lines of Manusmriti which tells " A woman does not deserve to be independant" na stree swanthramarhati and the lines of Bhagavad Gita which tells " Paritharanaya Sadhuna, vinshayaka dushkrita dharmasamsthapanarthaya sambhavami yuge yuge" translated to protect the people who follow the right path, to punish the people who take the wrong path to establish the dharma or right knowledge I come in each yuga.
I clearly told every religion will have something on this lines. Since I am a practicing Hindu I am using this.
Now the choice before a woman is whether she want to follow what a man has written which Manu smriti stands for or whether she has to choose what BG tells which Narayan himself has given. In what a man has written rules are only for women. In what Narayan has told rules are for everyone. He doesnt tell man or woman. It only tells those who follow right path. it includes, man, woman, animal, bird, insect everything. So as long as your conscience is clear why in the world you have to follow what a man told when you have in front of you what Narayan told.
If you are righteous he will come, he has come. He was there for Sita, he was there Panchali, he was there for Arjuna. Why wont he be there for you. But for that you have to stand up. First admit we dont want poojas, we dont want to be Goddess just humans who wants to respected as individuals who have a thinking mind, ambition, desires and a bit of ego too, same way a man has. We are willing to respect him too if he can treat us individuals beyond the roles.
486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: padmalaya30

Andromeda...

I dont have any idea about the verses explaining about qualities of being ideal husband..

Maybe they are highlighting this verse just to show how these two different ppl come together

Tbh i didnt like the way he was highlighting only these two qualities for a ideal wife

Padmalaya,even I don't have any idea about any verse describing an ideal husband.
Even I found it disgusting when the ML highlighted these two traits specifically.

It ruins the essence of DABH.I was not a follower of DABH 1 but I knew one thing for sure that the ML considered his wife as his equal.

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Vdvisa

Mano the other dance song where the dancers draw animals is in konchum salangai itseems. Someone called kumari kamala danced.

Oh! it's a famous movie
known for the song "Singara Velane Deva"
Kumari Kamala is a great dancer
I have seen this movie but don't remember the competition song
will check
486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ashi I know what you have written. See I might have put here on the molestation happened for Bhavana. After that incident I had gone to a girls school where I usually go for weekend classess. Normally I take GK. But that day I didnt feel like taking it. Instead I put the lines of Manusmriti which tells " A woman does not deserve to be independant" na stree swanthramarhati and the lines of Bhagavad Gita which tells " Paritharanaya Sadhuna, vinshayaka dushkrita dharmasamsthapanarthaya sambhavami yuge yuge" translated to protect the people who follow the right path, to punish the people who take the wrong path to establish the dharma or right knowledge I come in each yuga.

I clearly told every religion will have something on this lines. Since I am a practicing Hindu I am using this.
Now the choice before a woman is whether she want to follow what a man has written which Manu smriti stands for or whether she has to choose what BG tells which Narayan himself has given. In what a man has written rules are only for women. In what Narayan has told rules are for everyone. He doesnt tell man or woman. It only tells those who follow right path. it includes, man, woman, animal, bird, insect everything. So as long as your conscience is clear why in the world you have to follow what a man told when you have in front of you what Narayan told.
If you are righteous he will come, he has come. He was there for Sita, he was there Panchali, he was there for Arjuna. Why wont he be there for you. But for that you have to stand up. First admit we dont want poojas, we dont want to be Goddess just humans who wants to respected as individuals who have a thinking mind, ambition, desires and a bit of ego too, same way a man has. We are willing to respect him too if he can treat us individuals beyond the roles.

Shruthi di,this shows the difference between the Manusmriti and the Bhagvad Gita.One text chains women and the other promotes equality.The BG looks beyond gender for before God everyone is equal.
Clearly the same cannot be expected from Manusmriti or Tulsidas Ramayana which are words from the mouth of men.

@bold,this is the need of the hour.Women do not have to kept on pedestals.Neither should they be trampled.All women wish for is equality.And women can be flawed too.They can make mistakes coz they are humans at the end of the day.They are not superheros with some extraordinary powers.
And they too deserve the same dignity and respect from men which they are expected to give.

Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Andromeda---

Hello BehenuπŸ€—β€οΈ

HI Hi behenuuu πŸ˜†πŸ€—
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Andromeda SSP is another regressive PH. For all the glorification of ML in first part he too expected her to be an obedient bahu to his over the top mom. But then I was fine with him because considering his educational qualification he was far more liberal than educated men. But they killed Sooraj once Sandhya became IPS.
Incidently most regressive PH belongs to ladies EK Maiyya, Rashmi Sharma, Gul Khan I have not seen it, even SSP has a lady in its helm.

Compared to that CInevistas with Siddhart Malhotra and Prem Kishen Malhotra gives balanced roles, I loved their Ek hazaron mein, Ek hasina thi and now enjoying beyhadh also.

Nikhil Sinhaji I loved SKR and I have heard very good thing about Devon Ke Dev.

Nikhil Advani who did POW gave a character like Shobha very progressive and even Naz was good.

Farhan Salaluddin Fortune Productions gave Dahleez and I have heard very good about his previous show Beintinhaa too.

If we want some progress for women we first have to abhor such women Producers and directors who degrade women