Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KashishJ thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Chapter 23

NEXT MORNING

Shaurya being at home was feeling much better. His wrist still hurt but he managed move around without help. He was reading news online when Mehek came in and told ,"Take off your clothes". "What??", he was shocked. "I have to give you sponge bath. So take it off', she said calmly. "No need, I will take bath myself. I am feeling fine", he countered. "You cannot get your wrist wet for couple of days. Sponge bath is the only option." she stated. "Then I will ask Ma", he pouted. "Are you a kid who needs his mother all the time? Now stop being fussy", she leaned forward to undo his buttons and helped him to pull off his kurta. He was surprised yet didn't resist her. She carefully dipped sponge in warm water, squeezed it and rubbed it gently on his skin. He watched her closely when she skillfully performed it. She looked both mature & cute, oblivious of his scrutiny. He enjoyed being pampered by her, may be falling ill was not that bad. He was so lost in her that he hissed when she placed sponge on his nape. "I am sorry, is the temperature fine?", she asked. He nodded , she carefully maneuvered him forward to her to reach his back. Though not in contact, he could feel her bosom, reminding flashes of their recent passionate tryst. When she wiped his spine and flesh around it , he took support from her by keeping his left hand softly on her waist. Surprisingly, he felt she was unaffected. She finished and made him lean back on pillows again. Being close to him created havoc in her senses still she restrained herself. His well-being was her primary responsibility and she hid her longings. She was handling dry towel , when few hair strands that escaped her pony tail were swaying before her eyes, making her uncomfortable. He softly pushed them behind her ear. Mehek gazed at him, however he quickly mocked , " I wasn't trying to get physical with you , was just trying to help to ease your discomfort". Mehek winced at his dark humor and he pulled towel to dry himself. She tried to help him wear his kurta but he refused, "Thanks for your help. I think that will be enough for today. Don't overdo the Devoted Wife pretense". Before she could defend, their privacy was disturbed

"Hi Shaurie. How are you?", Sonal's shrill voice startled them both. She quickly came and hugged him, "I was so worried about you. Thank God you are fine". Sonal gestured his naked torso and teased, "I am glad to see you like this , hale and hearty". She turned to Mehek, "Hi Mehek, good to see you too. I couldn't meet you at the party that day", she tried to be polite. Mehek felt her angry brimming yet she managed to control. "I am good Sonal. Would you be kind enough to wait in the hall downstairs. We will join you there soon", Sonal was taken aback by her sugar coated rebuke. Though Shauyra agreed to Mehek as Sonal didn't even bother to knock , he didn't want to support her, "Mehek, Sonal is a good friend, she has freedom to come to my room". "Ofcourse Shaurya. She is a friend of mine too. But now that we are married, some changes are bound to happen.", moving closer to her shirtless spouse to block Sonal's view she continued , "How will you feel if tomorrow my friends barge in interrupting our private moment?". He looked away shaking his head , "Sonal , please wait downstairs. I will be there in a moment". Sonal had no other way but to assent. "Well, Sonal next time, don't forget to knock", Mehek added.Once Sonal left closing the door behind, he said ,"It was really rude". Mehek just sighed without giving an answer. Shaurya tried to wear his kurta.

"Oouch", he cried when he hurt his wrist. "Shaurya, are you ok? I told you to be careful. Come sit. Show it to me", Mehek checked his wound. He tried to resist but pain got better of him and he gave in. She nursed his wound carefully. "Why are doing all this ?", he asked. "What do you mean?", she asked back. "I meant what I said. Dammit. Why are caring for me whom you think just wants to f**k you?", he voice pitched. " It was a mistake, a huge one. I am sorry for it. My judgement was clouded and I jumped to conclusion. I regret it and beg your forgiveness", she replied. "Why should I Mehek? Each time you come closer, you just hurt me further", his voice was calmer yet angry. "Every couple have their share of complaints and misunderstanding. Every married man & woman fight. Especially in our case, can you expect a smooth ride? What matters is how we overcome it. We cannot give up, we need to understand each other and we need work it out", she paused to look at him "I am game to work on it. Are you ?" she asked diffidently. It was a joyous surprise for him, she was not the same Mehek who few days back threw hurtful words on him, something changed in her. Her genuine fear of losing him was evident from her nightmare. Being away from her was unbearable for him too. His expression softened, "I happy to hear words like 'We' & 'Our' from your mouth. Maybe you have started to accept our relationship. Still you cannot blame me if I am skeptical", he told. "Will a kiss help?", she asked earnestly and he answered playfully, "As much as it tempts, regretfully it won't" . "Maybe we should try and see", she said looking into his eyes.

Before he could react, she quickly threw her arms around him and kissed his lips. He wanted to jerk away from her yet at the same time he craved her proximity. He knew it was wrong however his body was not his slave anymore but pliant to her spirit. With a soft moan, he yielded to desire and gave his answer by kissing her fervently. Mehek was seeking comfort in their kiss and Shaurya was drowning in pleasure. Yearning to relish her was flooding his veins. Before hunger could overpower him, he woke and tore himself away. He swiftly cupped her face and kept his forehead on hers. He whispered to her, "We shouldn't do it. We cannot". Mehek closed her eyes tightly, afraid to open and face his rejection. He whispered again, "Please don't do the same mistake I did few days back. We have a lot going on between us. Heaps of misunderstanding, confusion and baggage. We need time to understand each other and to trust each other. Taking our relationship to next level is pointless if we don't have faith between us. It won't sustain unless we clear these mess amidst us. " Mehek still kept her eyes shut yet nodded. "Believe me, it is not easy for me but we have to do it , for a better tomorrow. Baby, do you understand? ", he asked . "Yes , I do ", she replied and moved away.

Mehek was too dejected to look straight at him. Although she agreed to him, she felt embarrassed that her advances were rejected by her husband. By initiating the kiss, she wanted to express her love and willingness. But now she was afraid that Shaurya could misunderstand it as her desperate attempt to win him. She walked to the window overlooking the garden. Shaurya interpreted her vividly, her body language revealed it all. His intention was to buy more time and not to distress her. He quickly walked to her and hugged her from behind resting his chin on her shoulder, "No need to sulk. There was nothing wrong in what you did. Infact I am glad about it". Mehek was surprised by his display of affection and turned to meet his gaze. " I didn't mean to upset you, Mehek. We just need to some more time before moving to higher bases. It doesn't mean that we shall avoid each other" he paused to smirk, "We can play around primary bases till then". Despite her worry, she chuckled and said, "Yeah, I guess we should". "So Biwi, now help me with to wear this kurta", he asked her. Mehek helped him and they were about to leave. Shaurya looked at her face and told her "Keep smiling like this Mehku. Your happiness means a lot to me". He held out his hand for her, she took it and they climbed down the stairs to meet Sonal.

'I know you have hidden your old self deep in yourself. You are struggling inside, fighting between your ego & emotions, your past & present. I was late to understand but better late than never. I didn't help you earlier however now I need to revive my old Shaurya. It's not a wish but my necessity as you are the air I breath and I cannot live without you', Mehek considered in her mind. Once they reached hall to meet all, Mehek tightened her grip on him. Shaurya looked at her, raising his brow, his eyes querying 'What happened?'. Mehek just shrugged her shoulders, gesturing 'Nothing'. Although in her mind she had made her decision. 'Shaurya was right. We have to wipe out all misunderstanding. To have old Shaurya, perhaps I need to bring back old Mehek. My cold, calculative yet efficient & practical former persona. Beware everone, the b**ch gonna come back', she mused.

Once Sonal left and Shaurya was resting, Mehek got some time for herself. She made few calls and finally got her target. "Hi Aman , I am Mehek. We met few months back at Ajay's party. Remember me?'. Aman Mehra was an ambitious budding journalist, after much coaxing Ajay introduced him to Mehek. Aman was good guy and Mehek liked him. However when he wanted to do an interview on the success of 'The Chef Heiress' , Mehek bluntly refused. There was no way Aman could fail to remember her. "Ofcourse. How can I forget you, Ms Mehek Sharma, or shall I say Mrs Mehek Khanna?", Aman asked. "Aman you are such a charmer. I always wondered why I refused your request to do an article on me. You would have done it perfectly", Mehek praised him. Aman just laughed , he knew something was up on her sleeve else out of the blue she will never call him. " Tell me Mehek. Apne iss dost ko kyun yaad kiya ? (Why did you remember this friend?), he asked tactfully. "I want you to do an article on Me and my husband. It will be an exclusive one, just for you", Mehek stated. Aman couldn't believe it, an interview with newly wedded Mr & Mrs Khanna. It was jackpot for him. " It will be my pleasure. Thanks Mehek." he said. "Well in return, I need a favour", she told him. After hearing her request, Aman said, " Mehek, usually it is difficult to find origin of such news. Journalists always try to protect their sources. However, for you I will take up this difficult task". Aman was not ready to lose the chance of his lifetime by not agreeing to Mehek's demand. "Thanks Aman. I will eagerly wait for you call.", Mehek disconnected and gazed at the evening sky.

"Who is this Aman? And why are you eagerly waiting for his call", Mehek was startled by Shaurya's firm voice

Edited by KashishJ - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

MissSikha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice update di..eagerly waiting for next part
tibs09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
A very well written Chapter Kashish ...
Absolutely loved it ... it is brilliant and gives us the Mehak we all want .. someone who is ready to fight for the sake of her relationship
shristi0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Kashish I read ur update before ur PM.. Loved the chapter!

Loved the bold move by Mehak. I thought tht Shaurya would push her and there would be another round of accusations being thrown at each other but I m glad you didn't plan it that way. I liked how Shaurya too reciprocated the kiss. He had a valid point - whats the use of taking the nxt step when the misunderstandings n confusion arent cleared. they need to build their trust level and I m glad tht they are working towards it.

Sonal, what should I say about her! When will this girl learn. Happy that mehak answered her back n that too in style.

Thanks a lot Kashish. Looking forward to another fast update!!!!
Shamz15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Loved the chapter kashish..
Finally they have decided to give one more chance to each other... Absolutely loved the lines when you expressed their feelings for each other...

Happy to see the bold Mahek back and I guess in next chapter she will be revealing the person who was behind the articleπŸ‘πŸΌ

Go Mahek Go...πŸ˜›

Thank you for the update and PM Kash πŸ€—
melissaR thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Res for the moment Kash!
Unres...Kash finally. Finally! I get the chance to read up phew*

As always πŸ‘ I felt Mehek's rejection 😭. Poor thing...struggling with her battles inside and then to get rejected. I'm happy Handsome was quick on the ball and didn't let her dejection get worse. Obviously it still bothered her despite his redemption...but Mehku? I couldn't get happier hearing that from him A glimpse of Handsome 😳 I love her inner talk when she helped him go downstairs. Time to bring back the old self and really deal with those misunderstandings *cough Sonal cough cough* πŸ˜†

Kash...you have to bring back a bath tub scene with Mehrya 😳 and I love how Mehek handled Sonal. Oh boy she's gonna get it good. I can't wait πŸ€—
Edited by melissaR - 7 years ago
vimikrao thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I liked this Mehek. She is taking care of Shaurya even though he doesn't want take her help. That confident Mehek is back in full form to tackle Sonal on her own style. Sonal's truth would come out soon.πŸ˜‰
Thanks for PM Kashish

Vinu
Geekyglasses22 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Brilliant update kash di..
U showed it so well..that people do have different spheres to theor personality..and mehek was both a needy as well as the purana calculative mehek...
She has realised that she needs to fight foe her love...and yeah i completely loved that line...you are the air that i breathe..😳😳

Ufff...absolutely lived 'the' return of mehek...
And that last line...
U are so good at leaving us hanging in the middle with those lines..
THE INITIATOR SHAURYA was ❀️

Thanks for the pm...
Update veryyy soon..
RiAnsh21 thumbnail
Hi kashish di,I am a newbie, I read ur previous story phir se .I just loved it .I like to tell stories to others it's my hobby .I told it to my friends ,they all loved it.In that u dealed with every situation so nicely.
Now coming to Ajab si Kahani hamari I am reading it from the very first chapter but unable to comment as I was not a member then.
Thanks for giving us nice stories .
KashishJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: tibs09

A very well written Chapter Kashish ...
Absolutely loved it ... it is brilliant and gives us the Mehak we all want .. someone who is ready to fight for the sake of her relationship

Thanks Tibs.
@ bold : Yeah, working on it😊