One Shot||Just A Dream...

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Just a dream

"How do I make him stop crying?" I looked at Daniel who only shrugged.

"I don't know, I didn't read the baby manual that came" he rolled his eyes.

"Baby shhh" I looked down at him.

"Are you stupid?" Daniel looked over at me. "Seriously dude"

"I'm f**king it all up" I gritted out looking down at my son who kept on wailing, unable to hear him wail anymore I walked out the room needing space and leaving Daniel staring at me in shock.

"Hey this baby isn't mine you know" Daniel yelled out, I looked over and found him carrying my son and trying to quieten him down.

I pulled out cigarette and lit it up needing to calm down before I had to think of ways to tackle bringing him up alone, I leaned against the tree trunk staring right ahead wanting to forget for a moment I was here alone with my son. I was trying to push the thoughts of my wife leaving him alone with me. My eyes burned at her memory, in just one moment she was out of our lives and I regret it every single day.

"I've never loved anyone like you" She told me pushing the ring into my ring. "You made me the person I am today. I love you and appreciate for the all the changes you'd made in my life. I can't imagine life without you"

I grinned moving forward once the priest announced us husband and wife, I pulled the veil up and brought her close and sealed our marriage with our first kiss as husband and wife.

"You're finally mine" I whispered softly into her lips.

"Mmhmm" she nodded chuckling against my lips.

I'd thought marrying my wife would be the happiest day of my life, but I guess when my son was born I'd been happier, my family was complete. She'd wished for a boy throughout the pregnancy and had gotten her little boy.

I guess she was right about her love being stronger than mine because she'd gotten him, I'd wanted a girl, a small little girl who looked like her mother.

"Yo dude c'mon" Daniel stepped out onto the porch calling out for me. I looked over, my son had now calmed down and rested against his chest. "You need to... just adjust"

How was I going to handle him without my wife? She'd looked after him, cared for him, loved him, fed him whenever I was busy.

"Leave me alone for some time. Put him down if he's sleeping" I answered looking away from them and sighed heavily. I dragged another puff of the cigarette clenching my jaw wishing I'd been available from work more often, sometimes I'd wished I'd have retired or chosen a different path then she probably wouldn't have left me alone.

"Why do you have to go? It's meant to be your week off" she complained once I'd told her chief called me back into the office.

"Because it's my job" I cupped her chin squeezing her cheeks and smacked a tight kiss onto her lips. "Love you, I'll try to be back home early"

"Which you always say" she rolled her eyes at me, tugging my tie and pulled me close again. "Be back home early or else we'd be having words" she warned sexily against my lips pressing her body against me, I grabbed her ass in my hands pulling her tightly and kissing her back passionately.

"I have to go" I pulled away reluctantly groaning inwardly.

"Fine, since you really wanna miss taking me to bed right now" she winked wiping the corner of her lips seeing as I'd smudged it.

"Don't do that" I growled earning a laugh from her, she walked over to the playpen lifting our son into her arms and looked over at me.

"Say bye bye daddy" She held my son's palms guiding him, I laughed as he kicked his legs babbling something, I walked over quickly kissing her again then kissed our son.

"I'll see you as soon as I can" I told her blowing another kiss then rushed out the door.

"What's the emergency?"  I looked over at Daniel as I walked into the station. "Why's chief calling me?" I questioned him hoping he'd inform me.

"Only he knows" Daniel responded. "Go" he patted my shoulder looking uneasily, I frowned and walked over to his cabin knocking on the door and waiting for him to call me inside.

"Chief you called?" I stepped inside staring curiously.

"Yeah come sit down son" he gestured, I sat down staring at him.

He didn't speak for a moment which got me shifting uncomfortably.

"Chief what's wrong?" I asked unable to hold back.

"Luigi Knott was granted bail" he informed slowly.

I stilled in my chair momentarily, I drew in deep breaths and exhaled. "How?" I muttered hoarsely. "How did the bas***d get out? He had 15 years handed down to him, he... nearly raped my wife" I reminded.

"I don't know, we're just going to have to appeal or something" Chief shook his head sadly. "I am just as disappointed, because not only your wife but he actually raped the other 3 teenagers. We'll nail him again"

"When was he released?" I asked.

"4 days ago, I was just informed by his lawyer"

"4 days ago?" I slowly stood to my feet, my wife complained just 2 days ago she felt as if someone was following her. "I have to go" I tore out the door and rushed downstairs. I pulled out my phone ringing the house phone then her phone but there wasn't any answer. I screeched out the carpark continuously ringing her. "Pick up, pick up" I muttered.

I'd arrived too late, she lay on the floor in a pool of blood, 6 bullets were shot and killed her instantly, I'd looked for my son but he was handed to our neighbour because she was wanting to surprise me today because she'd learned she was pregnant again.

She was gone in one moment.

Our life, our memories seemed just like a dream, it was so distant. She'd been gone 2 months now, and I still couldn't cope with our son. I was finding it hard because each time I looked at him, I remembered his mother, I'd remember walking into the nursery and she'd be sitting there on the sofa with him snuggled up into her chest.

I'd remember the mornings when she'd place him on my chest and nestle herself against me, she'd nuzzle my neck lovingly wanting to wake me so I'd spend time with them.

Luigi Knott was in intensive after I'd finished with him, he was still pending trial since he's unconscious, I'd been suspended from work for a year but not charged because Chief cleared me up along with Daniel backing me. I had to sort myself out within the year before I join work, however I was reconsidering my position as detective.

"Yo man come in" Daniel walked out again. "He's waking up and he's gonna need feeding" he pointed to the door. I threw the cigarette butt and walked inside. Stepping into the nursery I could hear my son gurgle moving in his cradle, his hands clutching onto the teether and biting down on it.

I pinched the bridge of my nose trying to will the tears to back down, I couldn't even grieve her properly because I had him to look after. I lifted him into my arms cradling him close to my chest. "I'll try..." I whispered brushing his soft head and kissed his cheek.

I wished this life of mine was just a dream, I wanted turn back time and be at home with her, wished I'd had been holding her in my arms...

But this life of mine was now a reality, and my past, my memories of her, my life with her seemed like just a dream now and so far away...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
its so scary and sad
feel like kill those
poor maaneet
thnx
sobia4maaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Its always difficult to be in armed forces be that army or police ..
Being a sist3r to one ..I can very well relate to this ..
Every day they have to make the choice of protecting others n your own family ...
How we get scared every time he goes out of contact and when I get scolded for not picking up my phone ...

This left me with a heavy heart ...
You as usual was at your best with the narration ..

Thank you 
its_me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Nice job 

Of course... It's a sad but awesomely written story...

Even I wish... It should have been Just A Dream...

ch.nawal thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It was so sad... 
Made me cry...
snehapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
A very painful emotional os.
-Halima thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
So sad, I feel really bad for Maan. 
When I started reading it first I thought she left him for some reason and that they were going to reunite in the end but no hope for happy ending now that she is dead 💔

It is beautifully written with the memories of Geet alongside.
You always make it seem so realistic that we can feel the pain of Maan and his turmoil.👏
Mona_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Painful and emotinal part..
So sad and feeling bad for maaaneet..
December04 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its sad again same as it was written first time earlier..
no names!
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Congrats on another OS! fab banner! Emotional painful OS! beautifully written!  A father's helplessness well portrayed! he nw has 2 b a mother n father 2 his son! his son will nw never have a mother's love n care! he is trying 2 cope bt its hard! his job cost him his wife n his son a mom! he thinks of wt it could be! u are happy one moment n then sad the next! Life is unpredictable!  if only this was a dream...Edited by khwaishfan - 7 years ago