||One Shot||I'll Always Be Here||(To Be Part 2)

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

This is a second part to a one shot I'd written a year back and finally wrote a second part to it. ðŸ˜† If you've not read To Be yet, I would suggest you read it.  Click here to read

I'll always be here

I looked up at the rain showering down, I smiled up as I remembered her jumping in the puddle, her melodic laughter echoing, I looked ahead and saw her approaching me, she reached out and I clasped her hand, pulling her to me I wrapped my arms around her waist smiling down at her as the droplets of water glided down our faces.

I closed my eyes pressing my forehead to hers. She was here in my arms. My angel.

She pulled me to her entwining her fingers around my nape rubbing our noses together, she moved along the melodic sound of the rain, I smiled swaying along with her, we fell into rhythm of our own, I pressed a kiss to her temple as she closed her eyes as if living in this moment. These years apart killed me, I was defeated man, despite being the eligible bachelor with money fame, I felt like nothing because she wasn't with me.  

"I love you" she tilted her head and looked up at me.

I smiled down, tears filled my eyes as I continued to stare at her, I wanted to etch each and every feature of hers in my mind, I dipped my head closer removing the distance of our lips and kissed with utmost passion, all I could feel was her, no one else in the world mattered today, I'd gotten my angel. My angel I thought to myself. She's like a dream come true.

I snapped my eyes open and looked around and realized she is a dream. The woman whom I loved with so much passion, the woman who had become my need she was no longer a woman but a dream. 3yrs ago I'd lost her to another man.

I looked up the stairs I once left through, she married that day I couldn't watch her, I died each second I'd walked away, my tears had spilled before I could leave the hall, our most cherished moments was flashing before my eyes, reaching outside the house I fell to my knees and cried out no matter how loud I cried no one heard me, not even her. I lost the love of my life that day and till date I yearned for her. I never looked back as it was too painful for me and I'd busied myself in work, burying myself in work was the only way I could distract myself but I was worried to even bump into her by accident so I'd moved my base to London and settled there.

Today I was standing where I was stood 3yrs ago, at the bottom of the stairs where I had fallen to my knees and cried. I was called by her father a week back, he'd told me he wanted to meet me as I hadn't kept contact with them since she'd gotten married, I agreed reluctantly and came back to India.

I walked up the stairs and could see the 10yr old running down with pigtails hanging with a 13yr old running behind her. A smile crept my lips as I saw her sat on the stairs looking up at the stars with me sat beside her and staring up at the stars with her. Memories flashed before me, I could feel my eyes fill up already but I fought them back, I was here to meet her father not her. I looked at the door for a moment imagining her smiling face opening the door for me, shaking my head I rapped on the door and waited.

I turned my head looking around, the place certainly hadn't changed much, it was very much the same. I heard the door being opened therefore turned looking ahead only to meet a pair of hazel coloured eyes, I stood shocked seeing her before me, my mind thinking all sorts however all the while I was speechless.

"Agaye" I could hear her father call from behind, I straightened myself and glanced at her for one last time, she wasn't smiling as such, she simply had an expressionless face on, whether she was happy to see me or not I didn't know. I stepped inside brushing my shoulder past hers accidently, I heard a soft gasp escape her lips, I knew then she still had feelings for me, my closeness still affected her just as much but it was wrong. I pushed my feelings to the back of my mind focusing on our bitter reality. I bent down taking her father's blessings.

"Kahan gayab hogaya ta?" he patted my back and lead me to the hall.

I shook my head smiling. "Bade papa kaam itna badh gaya hai ke bhool gaya"

"Haan haan. Bade papa ko bhi bhool gaya" he chuckled and gestured me to sit.

"Bete chai nashta le ao" her father looked up at her face and told her. I looked at her from the corner of my eyes, she stiffened as she passed me and this gesture alone told me she knew my eyes were on her, I looked away and smiled at bade papa cursing myself for looking at another man's wife. She was another man's wife; she was no longer my lover or angel.

"Aap kaise hai?" I asked him gently.

"Main teek hoon bete" he smiled warmly. "Why didn't you once tell me?" he asked.

"Usse kya ho jata?" I smiled faintly.

He nodded as if he'd understood my silence. "Maine kabhi Geet ko pucha hi nahi" he murmured sadly.

"It's happened now..." I turned to him. "She's married and happy, and I..."

"She's not happy" he cut in.

I tensed, my heart pacing and my breathing seemed to have hitched in my throat. "What do you mean?" I asked, my lips trembling.

"He left her" he answered. "2 years into their marriage he left"

I brushed a hand through my hair feeling furious and hurt for her.

"Why?" I whispered.

He didn't respond, instead he straightened offering a small smile as she walked into the room with a tray of coffee and some snacks.

She averted my eyes the whole time, after she placed the tray down she left the room.

"Can I speak to her?" I asked.

He nodded patting my shoulder, I walked out of the room and went searching for her.

I went towards her old room in the hopes that she'd still be staying in her room, I stepped inside as the door was already open, my eyes drew to the bed where she sat cradling a small baby in her arms.

"He died" she whispered and looked up at me. "He left me alone to bring up our baby" she continued, tears glistening in her eyes.

"I...I'm sorry" I apologised walking further into the room, my eyes drawn to her child who didn't look older than a few months. "Boy or girl?"

She smiled caressing the baby's cheek. "Girl, Nimmi" she offered and lifted her eyes. "Is this what life was meant to be?" she asked softly. "I lose you first, then I lose him... You didn't keep in touch..."

"I...I couldn't" I confess sitting down in front of her. "It hurt too much"

"And I died each passing day when you weren't here" she whispered. "I tried moving on, I tried to adjust to my husband but... he wasn't you" she narrowed her eyes. "Why didn't you tell papa? Why did you stop me?"

"He wouldn't have accepted us at the time Geet" I sighed. "He chose someone who was much more worthy than me at the time"

"You should've fought for me, for us" she murmured. "It's all because of you...I've got a baby who doesn't have her daddy. She..." she looked down at her daughter. "could've been ours"

I swallowed thickly and stare at her daughter, I stand up unable to bear her tears.

"Maan..." she called me as I turned to leave.

I glanced over my shoulder, pain strikingly evident in her eyes.

"I hate you"

I nodded slowly and turned hurrying out the room, I only get a few feet away when I hold onto the wall and lean against it for support.

I failed her I rub my hands over my face trying to focus. I drop my hands by sides clenching them into fists as I think over the year she'd had. She'd lost everything and I wasn't here beside her. I should've been here!

"How did we come to this?" She stands in front of me this time, her eyes drawing to my hand. She lifts it up, I try to tug my hand back but she holds on tightly. "Why?" she whispered gently. "Why would you do this?"

I look at my wrist clenching my jaw, reminders of my failure marking my skin.

"I lost you Geet, I didn't want to live" I admitted slowly, I hadn't thought I'd ever reach a low point in my life where I'd want to end my life but for a few months I'd hit rock bottom and didn't want to live. I lost her, I hadn't ever imagined my life without her. I couldn't just move forward. How does someone forget their first love?

I couldn't forget her. I regret that I had chosen my love for her father rather than my love for her. I should've chosen her.

"I'm sorry" I felt my tears slide down my cheeks. "I should've fought for you. I should've accepted his anger rather than your sadness" I fall to my knees wrapping my arms around her waist crying. "I'm sorry for everything..."

Geet cradled my cheek and tilted my head up brushing away my tears this time. "Tell me..." she whispered.

"You're holding my heart in your hands, I know I'm safe with you, my reason of happiness is you and all I want to say is that I love you" I murmur my first confession.

She sniffs pressing her forehead down to mine. "Rich or poor it doesn't matter, all that counts is your love for me, you're my reason for living" she muttered softly reminding me of her response. "Promise me"

"I'll always be here for you" I slowly stand up cradling her cheek. "Always"

She nodded slowly, I slipped my arms around her and held her tightly. I wasn't going to ever let her go, I wasn't going to let myself lose her once again. My eyes drew to her father who stood by the pillar staring in our direction, his eyes pooled with tears and approval. I felt relief and tightened my arms around Geet and pressed my face into the hollow of her neck trying to hide my tears.

They say let go and if your love returns to you then it was meant to be.

Our love was meant to be. 

Edited by --B00KW0RM-- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snehapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank god happy ending. Simple and sweet😊
maneetarsh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely ending, but maan should have taken this step long ago and spoke to her father. He could not ruine his love and someone's life.
sweetysaran thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nice one... Loved it... Happy ending:)
shree2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Finally maan and geet became one , but still the destiny plays its role...
Wish they will be living happily here after...

Its a nice ending..
MariumChoudhary thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow...such heart touching story finally They got back their love but feeling sad for their departure before... but now a happy Ending or should I say a new beginning... lovely it was
anmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yup they were meant to be <3
Loved it! A very sweet beginning indeed!
nishamna thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing.  I remember I was crying reading first part.  I was angry with maan for not trying for once to get his  love for himself.  He let geet go only for her father.  But not after many years.  Maan is again here at the same place where he was crying seeing his love getting married to someone else.  He was shocked seeing geet after many years.  She was looking pale. He met with her father who was upset as he broke all links from them and didn't  tell him about him and geet.  So geet's husband died two year before  she has a daughter.  Geet complained maan that if he would have fought for them then might be they would be together now.  Geet told maan that she could neer forget him. Maan proposed geet. Finally they are together forever.  
Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
very touching. ..
maan actually get courage yo hold her for lifetime
Mona_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lovely Ending..
Beautiful and Happy Beginning oF maaneet's Life..
Hope maan should take this step long ago..