Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Story of a survivor

This isn't the life I asked for.

This isn't a life I deserved.

What was my fault?

What had I done wrong?

Why do they keep telling me to keep quiet?

Shouldn't I speak against him?

Just because he is my husband doesn't mean he isn't wrong.

I shiver inhaling sharply when I hear the door open, the clank of his belt vibrates against the tiles, he mutters beneath his breath. I glance over my shoulder, his eyes narrow darkly.

"Please... don't" I step back shaking my head.

"You're my wife Geet" he squeezes my cheek. "I'm only f**king you"

"I'm... hurting" I murmur squirming to free my face from his long fingers. "This is wrong"

He smirked. "I'm your husband Geet, there's nothing wrong"

"It's wrong when this is not consensual" I mumble.

"I don't need permission or your consent Geet" he replied smiling slyly.

Why do people justify men's actions?

Shouldn't they be punished if they're wrong?

Isn't rape a crime?

Even if it is marital rape, a man should be punished.

Why doesn't he stop?

He knew that I wasn't ready yet he went ahead and forced himself upon me.

I stand in front of the mirror staring at my bruised body. His teeth marks prominent, the bite of his nails drew long lines over my skin. Is this how a man treats his wife?

"Come out Geet, how long are you going to take getting ready?" he yelled.

"I'm coming" I call back gently. I didn't want to go out there, but I knew him.

He'd open this door and drag me out. So I comply and step out once I've dressed.

He peruses me for a moment and sneers. "Maybe we should cancel the dinner"

I swallow thickly hoping he goes to dinner, my body was still hurting and beneath this clothes I looked like a battered wife who'd been mauled by animals.

That is what my husband was, an animal.

"Maan" his mother called out from downstairs. I wondered what he would say, he simply rolled his eyes and glanced at me seriously. "You can take care of me when we're back..."

I felt the bile rise in my throat but clenched my jaw blinking back my tears.

"Are you crying?" he narrows his eyes.

I shook my head instantly, he nodded shortly grabbing my wrist and tugged me alongside him...

I despise my mother in law, she enjoys watching shows where the girl is raped and has fallen in love with her rapist.

How is that logical? How can a battered raped woman fall in love with her rapist?

Why don't people think before they write or show such stories?

Do they ever think of what a victim has been through?

Do they know of the mental breakdown she has each morning when she wakes up and realises this life of hers is a reality? It isn't a nightmare, it's her truth. It's her ruined life.

Do they know that when she looks in the mirror, she sees a shadow of her former self?

How could people write such stories? How could you show a woman falling in love with her rapist?

It shouldn't be shown nor written.

Why couldn't they write about the effect rape has on the victim?

Why couldn't they write about the break down she has? Why can they not show the battle she has with herself, in one hand she wishes to end this nightmare and in the other hand she wants to fight this. She wants punishment!

Next time maybe one should consider those before the write and show illogical stories.

I can't take it anymore.

He doesn't stop, despite protesting and trying to fighting him back he overpowers me.

He blames me for making him lust after me.

Why am I being blamed for my own rape?

He always mutters into my ear that this is all correct. He's always telling me how it doesn't matter that I haven't said yes, he's my husband so he's allowed.

I snap back to my reality when he grips my hair forcing my eyes open.

"Look at me" he demands.

I wanted to close my eyes, the instinct to fight overcomes me I push his shoulders shaking my head.

"Please... please... stop" I scratch him but my fight only seems to excite him. He plungers deeper and roughly chuckling, he curls his fingers around my throat squeezing, his eyes glinting evilly.

I feel spots of blackness but it doesn't come, he releases my throat and angles my head as he slams his lips on mine and kisses me harshly.

Why doesn't it end?

How could they ask me to not speak against him?

All because he is my husband? It's wrong!

My mother in laws knows what's happening, and she simply answers saying he's my husband.

How could that be correct?

Had this been happening to her, would she have kept quiet and accepted it?

Aren't women human? Why are they seen as objects?

When a man rapes a woman - don't they remember it was a woman who gave birth to them?

Don't they remember that they have a sister? What would they have done if their sister was treated like this?

The damage to her mentality is irreversible, a woman may heal physically but the remainder of the rape remains. She's traumatised. She sinks into the depths of depression.

How do people turn a blind eye to the devastation a woman faces when she is raped?

"Mr Khurana you are under arrest for the rape of Mrs Geet Khurana"

I watched feeling my heart leap, they're finally taking my plea seriously. I watch from behind the pillar silently, he was finally going to be taken away. I'm going to free of him.

Maan only smirks in response chuckling.

I felt the gates of freedom that'd opened slightly slamming closed.

The policeman who'd come broke out laughing. "I can't believe your wife man, she's complaining against her husband having sex" he shook his head.

"Mmhmm" Maan hummed and glanced over, his eyes instantly narrowing to where I was stood.

They didn't take my plea seriously.

Dried blood stains my fingers today, he showed me he was powerful in all ways.

I want to fight to survive but it's getting harder.

Nobody believes that what he's doing is wrong, they think it's right.

How could it be wrong when he's my husband!

"Go to bed and be ready. I'm coming" he tells me as I clear away the plates.

I don't defy, I head upstairs slowly.

I change into my night dress and lie down on the bed.

I feel my heart racing as I hear his footsteps, the door opens as he walks in.

He glances at me briefly perusing me as he pushes open his shirt and climbs in.

I close my eyes as he climbs over me keeping his knee on either side of me, his hands groping me, he leans forward assaulting my neck with his harsh kisses and his stinging bites.

I slide one arm around his neck holding him whilst my other hand reaches beneath the pillow.

In one swift moment I plunge the silver blade into his neck, his eyes widen as he stares at me shocked. I stare in horror as the blood spurts, I shove his heavy off me and scramble off the bed as he gurgles and blood drenches the covers.

He's unable to speak.

I felt many emotions overcome me, nervousness, fear, worry and relief. I didn't feel sadness though.

I felt relieved.

He's dead.

My rapist is dead.

I'm free.

I may be spending my life in prison for defending myself but I feel safer here than I ever felt with him. I wasn't going to apologise for defending myself. He deserved this.

Rape is wrong whether you're married to the rapist or not.

Nothing can justify rape.

No one should be even accepting it. No matter how dreamy it may seem on tv or books.

You shouldn't accept this, he may be your favourite hero or the hottest look guy but he's wrong!

I'm glad I killed my husband.

He no longer controls me. He doesn't control my body nor my life.

I'm free...

Maan no longer will be able to hurt me.

To me the prison cell is safer than being with him.

If it were up to me, rapes would be punishable by death.

--------Hope you liked this One Shot-------

It's completely different from any others I've written.

Do leave me your views

Edited by --B00KW0RM-- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DimaagKaKeeda thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
That made me cry. Such a hard-hitting OS, Tanya.

I liked the message behind the story because for obvious reasons I did not enjoy the story at all. I'm sorry. But I can never enjoy anything that is close to sexual assault or harassment.

What Maan did there was unpardonable. I hated him and hated how he made Geet feel. I loathed his dialogues and his actions and his mother as well. He misused his power and connections he has made with police - who are suppose to be there for people's safety and then his own mother telling Geet that it's okay and she should get used to it was sickening. I won't say I applaud Geet for killing him. Because I'll always prefer a man getting punished by law. But then I also know I'm being naive to even wish for that given the law in India are not that strict.

Just recently we had a Bengaluru case and that is still fresh in my head. Then another one I read was about a man getting a 15 year old pregnant and court let him off just because the girl was apparently his wife. So marital rape isn't considered as rape in India. So maybe what Geet did was the only option here. And even though I could understand why she chose prison over her life with her husband, it was still heartbreaking and painful. So bear with me for not appreciating the story or your writing but just the message behind it.

Rape is rape. Period. There is nothing as such "marital rape". An act done without a woman's consent or for that matter a man's consent should be considered as rape and nothing else. It's disturbing and it's dark. A spouse should stop the moment s/he denies for sex. Just because you've a tag of husband doesn't mean you're allowed to force yourself on your wife. She is not an object that you can use whenever you feels like for your sick pleasure. And instead backing the hell of they go on showing their husband-ly rights and authority just to prove their so called masculinity. A marriage certificate doesn't give anyone a free pass to rape their wife.

And I'm so sick and tired of hearing about shows and stories that has justified rape so far. I don't even understand how can anyone justify rape. Anyone with a sane mind justifying the nightmare is beyond my comprehension power. I'm not gonna name the story or the writer but I've read a story where Maan had raped Geet because he was in love with her and she was engaged to someone else. So he rapes her in his drunken state as he cannot control his raging hormones and couple of years later Geet was shown falling in love with him and marrying him all because he realized his "mistake" and was redeeming. I was shocked out of my wits. I was cursing myself for reading the story in the first place and then kicking myself for going ahead with the story instead of quitting at Geet's rape because I was hoping that Maan will be punished just like every Dev or XYZ character has been severely punished in stories when they are shown raping Geet. And that was my first rapist Maan so I didn't know that just because he is the hero he could be forgiven and even worthy of being loved back by his victim. That story had given me nightmares and disturbed me so much. I wished that authors gave a disclaimer before posting a rape scene so readers like me can quit before getting to the point of reading it.

And it's not just fictions but it has happened in shows too. DD herself has been part of it and I was disappointed and angry when I saw my ex-favorite actor promoting rape because her character was later shown in love with the hero. I'm calling it as her promoting rape because her show had send a wrong message among viewers. And it was that a man not only can be forgiven but also loved. I was shocked she could be part of such a horrible show. And I feel actors like her who are so popular among the youth and in every household for their characters have some responsibilities towards society in general. Instead of making her fall in love they should have shown her filing a case or something. Taking a stand because most of the times rapes don't even get filed in India in fear that it will bring shame to the girl and her family. When it should be the man feeling ashamed. But in our society a girl is made feel guilty for no fault of hers.

Just because rape is done by the protagonist doesn't mean he should be forgiven for the horrific crime he has committed. Just because he is guilty and regretting also doesn't mean anything. What a woman's gonna do of his guilt or penance? What good is going to happen to the woman when a man's conscience returns and he finally apologizes? I've noticed that whenever the protagonist is shown "losing his senses" the so called creative writers of our Indian television justify it by showing that whatever he has done it was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. So just because he didn't to it intentionally or knowingly he should be forgiven by our heroine and even fall in love? What kind of logic is that? That seriously makes me wanna throw up. I can never understand how can a woman fall in love with her rapist just because he is shown repenting? What's more disturbing is that the writers of Indian shows have the audacity to romanticize rape. Sometimes they rationalize the act in the name of being "creative" and writing a gray shaded hero. In the name of revenge and dark love and gray hero these dickheads promote a crime and it makes viewers think it's acceptable. If a heroine is shown falling in love then a girl in real life also can fall in love with you after you rape her. That's the message they give to millions of people who are watching their show.

I don't know what's worse, a man raping or a woman falling in love with her rapist?

I wish our writers were a bit more responsible and stopped selling garbage in name of creative imagination and were more compassionate and considerate and sensitive. But sometimes I feel I'm expecting too much.

Anyway, sorry for the rant there. I didn't intend to vent so much but I couldn't helped it. The word rape itself causes a storm inside me and I get mad.

-Sanjana!
Edited by BrainEaterOwl - 7 years ago
maneetarsh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Very painful story, marital rape is crime and people should be punished. Not a story which I want for Maneet but everyone it can't be a fairy tail. Good that she killed him, har roj Marne se accha jail mein jeeye.
amrinderdhami thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
this was truly amazing thanku for writting this one thats exactly what a rapist deserves "DEATH" for me no matter what the reason is?? or who the person is ?? there is only one punsishment for such thing n thats death n married or unmarried no one has got any right in this world to exploit a women physically n there can b no justification for such offence..loved the way u ended it tbats the ultimate punsishment such people deserve
anisaf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh my dear God!! Poor poor Geet..going through so much yet still having to go along with it because he's her husband!! im so happy that she ended up killing him as that's what he deserved!

In my opinion our culture and society are gradually changing and the new generation will hopefully not put up with marital rape and will be educated enough to know what's right and wrong...it's not the olden days when women would put up with rape even by their partners.
hira2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
No words
For thi
Am salute geet for kill maan
cutical thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
awesome dear
feelind sad fir geet she daily raped her mom in law is also a women but she dint stand fir her n happy with the happenings maan lust her n n didnt care fir emotions bieng a husband didnt means to rape her wife
good she stand fir herself respect
to kill her rapist nice continue soon dear
cutical thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
awesome dear
feelind sad fir geet she daily raped her mom in law is also a women but she dint stand fir her n happy with the happenings maan lust her n n didnt care fir emotions bieng a husband didnt means to rape her wife
good she stand fir herself respect
to kill her rapist nice os even today thera r many wimen who r victim of martiel rape.
mani24 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It was certainly a very diff story but it had a very powerful msg in it . Hope people do understand tht though husband and wife physical love shld be consensual and wid loads of love so tht this moment can be remembered forever and be relived again  and again and not be a dreadful memory to even despise to relive it.
asmita.jain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice os... A different frm all d ones till now i have read... It was fr d first tym dat i read a story whr i read geet hating maan and finally killing him as his punishment...
D way geet showed her emotions n how she felt when she was raped by maan her own husband each and every night lyk an animal is tremendous...though i cudnot bring hatred fr maan in my heart fr any reason be it marital rape only and i dont know y! My heart leapt fr geet d way she was crying and was feeling helpless...it was heart breaking...'" 

yes geet was corrct how can dese tv serials n books show that d rape victim falls fr her culprit...even if its her own husband rape cannot b justified... Rape is rape b it is done aftr marriage or before marriage...the victim is traumatised to such an extent dat v cannot evn imagine... But dis is india...here rape by husband is not considered as rape! D only punishment fr d rapist is DEATH! And geet was ryt in giving him d punishment! She totally deserves an applause!

Grt os tanya keep it up!
Aarushi Jain