Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Andromeda---

Thanks for sharing it Twinu!!!๐Ÿค—
He never fails to surprise me.Every time I come to know something about him my respect for him increases.

Following him on-screen as well as off screen never disappoints..
Actor Ashish toh we all know.. but if one wants to know the real Ashish, he can just go and read his tweets , his retweets ... One will find a sensible, well aware n intelligent person ...

Edited by aditi97 - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

More than this
I am irked by separate marriage laws
what is with this Religious marriage law
Should laws not be same for everyone?
As if other laws of every religion is followed diligently
They just like to have certain law that favors them

Just tell me
How many Muslim countries are out there,
Do all have the same law?
If it's about beliefs and sentiments
then it should be same throughout the world as it's the same religion
when that's not the case then why not accept the laws of a nation that u live in

If I find certain practices ridiculous or superstitious in my religion
I am all for the change
Won't say blindly that it's our Religion and our sentiments

I think many superstitions n malpractices in the name of religious beliefs have been stopped like the Sati pratha, n then child marriage too atleast laws have been made though in practice it hasn't stopped.. triple talak shud not be considered as something big.. but since it's for minorities it's creating headlines..
BTW have u seen ban on cow slaughtering is made optional for states but jallikattu was banned ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜† why don't we have same laws for everyone.. ?
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Coming to ragging I have a different view. Though I am completely against the physical and emotional extreme assaults that happen, some light hearted things does help you in the long run. Shedding inhibitions the most. In my first year I had faced questions from my seniors. They had asked me to sing, someone has proposed me. What I found was if you take it sportingly they leave you and post fresher's day they turn out to be your buddies too guiding you in the college. Just giving a respect with the fact they are one or two year elder to us solves more than 85% of the problems. Most problems is faced by students who barge in asking who are you, I wont do that etc. Then their ego also will get hurt and they too react. Though there are exceptions in extreme cases by personal experience studying in a professional college for 4 years had taught me most seniors are not sitting there to bully you. They love to have some harmless enjoyment, a feeling of being a senior etc etc and if you just give them that, they will leave you and will support you too. I have not gone to any juniors for ragging as I didnt had time, but was just talking about why it happens.

First time I am hearing such a positive approach towards ragging ..
Gives me the hope that when we ourselves remain positive then world around us will be positive
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@aditi most of the religion has changed with times. If you look from minority perspective most of the other minorities are doing very well.
Christians, Parsis, Jains, Buddists, Sikhs. All these communities are adopting the new things for betterment.
My christian friend was telling now church accepts court divorces and dissolve the church marriage which was not the case some 20-25 years back.
Now they are debating on celibacy for their priests/nuns and thinking whether marriage can be an ethical option than facing scandals
Parsis if I understand right due to paucity of space are cremating their dead. Jains generally dont eat onions and all. But I have friends who have turned veggies because the work and movement across cities, countries make it impossible to stick to your strict plan.

So my question why progressive change cannot happen for one community. Here is where the vote bank also comes. Because the concerned is not minority, but the second majority in India
shruthiravi thumbnail
@aditi I am not talking theory. This is what me and many of my friends experienced in first year of engineering college. And when I look back now i laugh at those memories. Because it was funny. In train one senior guy made me sit through his sob story of three girls ditching him. I just had to nod my head and tell " chetta potte( let it go bhaiyya)". Then seniors will question us if we come very much fashionable and give us imposition too.We got imposition for cutting the class and watching the movie Alaipayuthe as seniors caught us. When I look back I feel it ensured my first year I didnt spend time on dressing up or fooling around but on studying and the marks scored in first year was always the fall back when you went beserk in third year.
Third year you were more mature too to go beserk.
CutiepieAD thumbnail

@aditi most of the religion has changed with times. If you look from minority perspective most of the other minorities are doing very well.

Christians, Parsis, Jains, Buddists, Sikhs. All these communities are adopting the new things for betterment.
My christian friend was telling now church accepts court divorces and dissolve the church marriage which was not the case some 20-25 years back.
Now they are debating on celibacy for their priests/nuns and thinking whether marriage can be an ethical option than facing scandals
Parsis if I understand right due to paucity of space are cremating their dead. Jains generally dont eat onions and all. But I have friends who have turned veggies because the work and movement across cities, countries make it impossible to stick to your strict plan.

So my question why progressive change cannot happen for one community. Here is where the vote bank also comes. Because the concerned is not minority, but the second majority in India

Bold- That's the main reason, votebank is concerned in this case๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜†
Supporting this particular minority over othe r minorities n majority will prove very beneficial for political parties๐Ÿ˜†
CutiepieAD thumbnail

@aditi I am not talking theory. This is what me and many of my friends experienced in first year of engineering college. And when I look back now i laugh at those memories. Because it was funny. In train one senior guy made me sit through his sob story of three girls ditching him. I just had to nod my head and tell " chetta potte( let it go bhaiyya)". Then seniors will question us if we come very much fashionable and give us imposition too.We got imposition for cutting the class and watching the movie Alaipayuthe as seniors caught us. When I look back I feel it ensured my first year I didnt spend time on dressing up or fooling around but on studying and the marks scored in first year was always the fall back when you went beserk in third year.

Third year you were more mature too to go beserk.

Hehe nice memories๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Ragging is banned in our clg so can't say ๐Ÿ˜†
shruthiravi thumbnail
Interesting funda read it
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/9-year-old-girl-forces-company-to-change-juice-packaging-1660455

How many times when addressing people where we dont know the gender masculine is used than feminine.

I have always questioned the ceremony that happens in the 8th month for the pregnant lady. All the mantras are for getting a male child. So what if it is a girl. Shouldnt it be for the health of the child and mother and safe delivery for mother rather getting a child of specific gender.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Interesting funda read it

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/9-year-old-girl-forces-company-to-change-juice-packaging-1660455

How many times when addressing people where we dont know the gender masculine is used than feminine.

I have always questioned the ceremony that happens in the 8th month for the pregnant lady. All the mantras are for getting a male child. So what if it is a girl. Shouldnt it be for the health of the child and mother and safe delivery for mother rather getting a child of specific gender.

Even now most parents don't prefer girl child
But good that people are voicing it
Vdvisa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Interesting article. Glad people are being more aware of it and are able to approach judicial system for corrections. Many times little kids are the ones that have a sharp eye for such things because they are so unaffected by the patriarchal society.