Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

486792 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: aditi97

Ashi, constructive criticism about country is always good it helps to improve situations, as citizens of Democratic country we have rights to do so. But bashing and calling it intolerant as if it's the only country which has problems, that too by those ppl who are living here is worse.
Yes India is intolerant to some extent, but what about USA , France or any other country? How funny is that few days ago the President of a country called us intolerant n now look at their state.

All this is also a result of lack of awareness for our religion/region/nation.
Our education system is good, but I think we hardly know anything about our own country. Whatever we know is based on myths n hearsays. If we know the base of every religion then it's saying the same thing but still we fight on the basis of religion. And misusing our Constitutional rights.. like u said freedom of speech n secularism, these terms are easily misused.
Lack of awareness can give rise to two things, either we become religious extremist's or we lose interest in our religion n get lured towards Western culture thinking it's modern n more convenient. The second one makes us bash our own country.. but as mano said if they move to other place they will understand the worth of India.
Being religious extremist's is another pathetic thing.

Twinu thanks for sharing your views.
Yes that President had called our country intolerant.Look whom their country has selected for a President now??

Religion is a very sensitive matter here I agree.But it's India only which has allowed so many faiths to coexist.Infact Christians and Muslims are treated equally over here.But is this the same case with all the countries??? No.

I don't support extremism and I never will.But my problem lies with misusing our rights or taking our country for granted in the name of Constructive criticism.

Look at the separatist group in Kashmir for instance.They are wealthy and influential.They will encourage their own children to study and secure jobs in places like Delhi and Mumbai.But at the same time these people brainwash the innocent lower middle class Kashmiris who are not so well to do and encourage them to support our neighbouring nation and take up arms against India.

Then there are the people who as you said get swayed away by Western culture and forget the value of their roots.But time teaches everyone that all that glitters is not gold.
486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@aditi how common are our thoughts. The first thing I told everyone when Trump was elected President of USA , was what you told. See another President of that country came to India as Chief Guest for Republic Day and talked about our country being intolerant. And look whom his country has made President ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. These are moments where I believe Supreme Power exists that make you eat your own words. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

India has survived many attacks. It is still called the last frontier. The culture has stood the attack of many centuries. And it is said that way because in this country true knowledge exists. Someone or the other do tumble upon that knowledge that makes us fight the battle for existence.

Now coming to problem. Last week I was talking to my hubby on the reasons of why many girls in my community were having love marriages to other caste/ religion boys. I told him our community doesnt respect woman. I had personally experienced it when my parents were looking for alliance for me. Growing up also I have been the victim of subtle gender bias so were many girls. Some other communities are more open, so people find solace there. If Brahmin community doesnt shed their patriarchy soon the community will cease to exist. As there is nothing that holds the girl to this community.

Then he told doesnt patriarichy exist in other communities. Does running away solve problem. If you have been the victim cant you change the next generation. Cant give your son knowledge. Doesnt mother hold the ultimate power of change. If you run away from one place similar problem will come in other place also. Cant you stand and fight for removing the bad things in the community and taking good things forward. He told not only girls, guys too have the problems.

Actually it was a good talk I would say. My hubby rarely talks so much unlike me who is a chatter box. But the question is valid. Do you want to run away or do you want to face the problem and correct it.

Shruthi di,yes what your husband said is valid.Running away from something never solves the problem.If I am a victim of a particular system then I should make sure that this problem doesn't pass to the next generation by teaching my children the difference between right and wrong.
For example if someone is ragged/bullied in college then he should not continue this tradition when he becomes a senior himself and uproot the system completely.

The same thing is applicable with patriarchy or any other system.
486792 thumbnail
Regarding the biggest disaster of the decade.i.e.The Trump Fiasco,the Americans made their biggest mistake by electing this man.
Let's have a look at his recent antics.He defunded education for disabled people.Announced a Muslim ban.God knows what he will do next.
Like Mano said this kind of a President shouldn't be there in any country.But USA needs to be taught a lesson.They voted for him even after knowing what kind of a person he was.Most of the people who voted for him were the White-American middle class whom he had influenced by saying that he will save their jobs.And they voted for him and did not look at the bigger picture.
We have a saying,'Vinaash kaale vipreet buddhi'.Same is the case with USA right now.The day is not far ahead when Trump will probably dethrone USA and thus make way for another country to become the superpower.Probably China.But frankly I don't want another country to have hegemony in the world after USA.
However its such an irony that the mighty USA who remained undaunted and undefeated is on the path to collapsing and the person responsible for this is not an external enemy but their own President.

486792 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aditi97

Thought of sharing this , he explained quite well

ashish sharma@ashish30sharma
When I look around the world and see the violence all I can be is fortunate to be born in India,I can still roam around without any fear..

ashish sharma@ashish30sharma
..though every country has its issues so do we,but still harmony and peace rules over all the issues,Nobody dictates me and my life.

Thanks for sharing it Twinu!!!๐Ÿค—
He never fails to surprise me.Every time I come to know something about him my respect for him increases.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Andromeda everything collapses from within only. Only you can destroy yourself๐Ÿ˜ƒ. You forgot he is introducing H1B visa limiting bill. Yes he doesnt want Indian techies but who will do the job in US. It is said that US doesnt have the resources to staff if H1B visa program goes for a toss. Their skill set in Engineering and Sciences is low. Whether they love or hate Indians they cannot deny the fact that their corporate need Indian engineers. Everything US stood for is collapsing. I had read about a prediction by Nostradamus two years back which said Barack Obama will be the last President of USA. That time I had laughed. But now by the way things are going it seems he was right, maybe Obama was the last President in true sense.
Coming to ragging I have a different view. Though I am completely against the physical and emotional extreme assaults that happen, some light hearted things does help you in the long run. Shedding inhibitions the most. In my first year I had faced questions from my seniors. They had asked me to sing, someone has proposed me. What I found was if you take it sportingly they leave you and post fresher's day they turn out to be your buddies too guiding you in the college. Just giving a respect with the fact they are one or two year elder to us solves more than 85% of the problems. Most problems is faced by students who barge in asking who are you, I wont do that etc. Then their ego also will get hurt and they too react. Though there are exceptions in extreme cases by personal experience studying in a professional college for 4 years had taught me most seniors are not sitting there to bully you. They love to have some harmless enjoyment, a feeling of being a senior etc etc and if you just give them that, they will leave you and will support you too. I have not gone to any juniors for ragging as I didnt had time, but was just talking about why it happens.

Even when i read about Infy employee case, when we discussed among our IT friends what we all felt was if the girl wanted to complain she wouldnt have made it evident. She should have known she is alone and just told him it's ok I wont complain. Next day when you have more support complain. Why take moral highground when you know your position is vulnerable. Self protection has to be the first thing and for that before reacting look at the surroundings.

Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ---Andromeda---

Mano trust me I am against religious extremism of any form.Coz religious extremism be it in Hinduism,Islam or Christianity has led to nothing but chaos and disorder.

What I feel is that the people residing in India and the Indians abroad should have a sense of nationalism.Some form of love or respect for their motherland.

Let's take China for an example.Even it's not a perfect nation.It has its flaws.But one thing is common between all of them and that's their fierce nationalism and pride for their motherland.They are proud that they belong to their nation.

I agree with you completely.The people who are complaining right now won't get the same treatment once they leave India.India is one country which has allowed freedom of religion and freedom to practice any religion.Something which no other country has.

Exactly Ashi
Till I mention my own religious extremist group
I would be called fair
The moment I criticize minority extremists, I would no more be fair
But contrary to this if a minority criticizes about Majority
they will still be fair
One more Unique truth of India๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hope you all must have heard about a minister in previous Kerala State Legislative assembly who renamed the government house from Ganga to Grace because Ganga is a Hindu name. Well intolerance was not spoken then.
People can do beef festival if certain majority is offended and it is intolerance . I have always wondered why a pork festival is not held in the institution of certain minority. When it comes to them it is religious freedom.
Though a veggie I am fine with beef festival if someone wants to eat beef, but only thing is that pork should also be there side by side as beef cannot be intolerance and pork religious freedom.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Hope you all must have heard about a minister in previous Kerala State Legislative assembly who renamed the government house from Ganga to Grace because Ganga is a Hindu name. Well intolerance was not spoken then.

People can do beef festival if certain majority is offended and it is intolerance . I have always wondered why a pork festival is not held in the institution of certain minority. When it comes to them it is religious freedom.
Though a veggie I am fine with beef festival if someone wants to eat beef, but only thing is that pork should also be there side by side as beef cannot be intolerance and pork religious freedom.

More than this
I am irked by separate marriage laws
what is with this Religious marriage law
Should laws not be same for everyone?
As if other laws of every religion is followed diligently
They just like to have certain law that favors them

Just tell me
How many Muslim countries are out there,
Do all have the same law?
If it's about beliefs and sentiments
then it should be same throughout the world as it's the same religion
when that's not the case then why not accept the laws of a nation that u live in

If I find certain practices ridiculous or superstitious in my religion
I am all for the change
Won't say blindly that it's our Religion and our sentiments
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Mano-

Seriously!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Trump news is my entertainment since USA elections
Have to say USA Media is really good
They don't spare him just bcos he is a President
Try "The Daily Show" and "The Late night Show"(comedy shows) in Youtube
Laughter assured๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Hehe will try ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

And then they said "female President will be emotionally weak" n see now see Trump's decisions all look emotional๐Ÿ˜†
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Andromeda---

Twinu thanks for sharing your views.
Yes that President had called our country intolerant.Look whom their country has selected for a President now??

Religion is a very sensitive matter here I agree.But it's India only which has allowed so many faiths to coexist.Infact Christians and Muslims are treated equally over here.But is this the same case with all the countries??? No.

I don't support extremism and I never will.But my problem lies with misusing our rights or taking our country for granted in the name of Constructive criticism.

Look at the separatist group in Kashmir for instance.They are wealthy and influential.They will encourage their own children to study and secure jobs in places like Delhi and Mumbai.But at the same time these people brainwash the innocent lower middle class Kashmiris who are not so well to do and encourage them to support our neighbouring nation and take up arms against India.

Then there are the people who as you said get swayed away by Western culture and forget the value of their roots.But time teaches everyone that all that glitters is not gold.

That's what France intolerance towards Muslim minorities, Australia's racist treatment towards Indians n USA's all ban on Muslim n now even engineers from India are gonna be banned I think.. the dividing wall built btw Mexico n USA? Aren't these signs of intolerance? Then why is only India called so? That too by the people of India only..?

I am not blindly saying that's there's no problem in India.. Kashmir issue as u mentioned, relationship with neighbouring country, rape cases, scams , political leaders n their mahaan comments.. but still the country is united even after having so much diversity.. that's a lot to speak abt it.