Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: -Mano-

ashish30sharma84@archanataide I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking towards me and I realised that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.

This is soo Beautiful !! And his words are soo sweet.❀️
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@aditi how common are our thoughts. The first thing I told everyone when Trump was elected President of USA , was what you told. See another President of that country came to India as Chief Guest for Republic Day and talked about our country being intolerant. And look whom his country has made President πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. These are moments where I believe Supreme Power exists that make you eat your own words. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
India has survived many attacks. It is still called the last frontier. The culture has stood the attack of many centuries. And it is said that way because in this country true knowledge exists. Someone or the other do tumble upon that knowledge that makes us fight the battle for existence.

Now coming to problem. Last week I was talking to my hubby on the reasons of why many girls in my community were having love marriages to other caste/ religion boys. I told him our community doesnt respect woman. I had personally experienced it when my parents were looking for alliance for me. Growing up also I have been the victim of subtle gender bias so were many girls. Some other communities are more open, so people find solace there. If Brahmin community doesnt shed their patriarchy soon the community will cease to exist. As there is nothing that holds the girl to this community.

Then he told doesnt patriarichy exist in other communities. Does running away solve problem. If you have been the victim cant you change the next generation. Cant give your son knowledge. Doesnt mother hold the ultimate power of change. If you run away from one place similar problem will come in other place also. Cant you stand and fight for removing the bad things in the community and taking good things forward. He told not only girls, guys too have the problems.

Actually it was a good talk I would say. My hubby rarely talks so much unlike me who is a chatter box. But the question is valid. Do you want to run away or do you want to face the problem and correct it.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Thought of sharing this , he explained quite well

ashish sharma@ashish30sharma
When I look around the world and see the violence all I can be is fortunate to be born in India,I can still roam around without any fear..

ashish sharma@ashish30sharma
..though every country has its issues so do we,but still harmony and peace rules over all the issues,Nobody dictates me and my life.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@aditi how common are our thoughts. The first thing I told everyone when Trump was elected President of USA , was what you told. See another President of that country came to India as Chief Guest for Republic Day and talked about our country being intolerant. And look whom his country has made President πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. These are moments where I believe Supreme Power exists that make you eat your own words. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

India has survived many attacks. It is still called the last frontier. The culture has stood the attack of many centuries. And it is said that way because in this country true knowledge exists. Someone or the other do tumble upon that knowledge that makes us fight the battle for existence.

Now coming to problem. Last week I was talking to my hubby on the reasons of why many girls in my community were having love marriages to other caste/ religion boys. I told him our community doesnt respect woman. I had personally experienced it when my parents were looking for alliance for me. Growing up also I have been the victim of subtle gender bias so were many girls. Some other communities are more open, so people find solace there. If Brahmin community doesnt shed their patriarchy soon the community will cease to exist. As there is nothing that holds the girl to this community.

Then he told doesnt patriarichy exist in other communities. Does running away solve problem. If you have been the victim cant you change the next generation. Cant give your son knowledge. Doesnt mother hold the ultimate power of change. If you run away from one place similar problem will come in other place also. Cant you stand and fight for removing the bad things in the community and taking good things forward. He told not only girls, guys too have the problems.

Actually it was a good talk I would say. My hubby rarely talks so much unlike me who is a chatter box. But the question is valid. Do you want to run away or do you want to face the problem and correct it.

@red though I feel that no country should have a president like Trump
But one does feel good at times like thisπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
The all mighty and wealthy USA that has been dictating other countries
plotting, creating wars
fell for some other country's plotting
Do they even need enemies now that they have their new presidentπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Haha u too think that , my papa was saying this few days ago πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Yes India has been invaded by Greeks, Turks, Mongols, Mughals n finally British/Europeans, but still the culture of India has been maintained..
Our Harappan civilization was far more modern than there's. Nd India was referred as Sone ki chidiya not without a reason. After these invasions much has been taken away, but we did make space for the culture of other ppl. And even now after having cultural diversity we r united.

Yes I agree even guys have problems. For example if a girl marries outside her caste, then even the guy marrying her has a lot of prob. Accepting the problems n improving is the best solution.. but it's hard to find the problem in us.. sometimes we find the problems outside, but it's actually within us..

CutiepieAD thumbnail

@red though I feel that no country should have a president like Trump
But one does feel good at times like thisπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
The all mighty and wealthy USA that has been dictating other countries
plotting, creating wars
fell for some other country's plotting
Do they even need enemies now that they have their new presidentπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

🀣

Word Count: 1

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
My friend in US was telling now everyday people get up what new rule will President bring πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Judiciary and Executive is at logger heads πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
But the issue is post 2008 where the capitalist economy of US bursted with fall of Lehmann brothers and many other banks all the problems came to forefront. Unemployment for natives, racism etc etc. Over the year it magnified and Trump capitalized on it.

Only in adversity we see the truth of a nature. And if you look at India during the time of extreme adversity a statesman like PV Narasimha Rao occupied the post of PM and he opened a new constructive dawn which had far reaching ramifications in the history of our country. The foundation of our current PM Narendra Modi's cashless India was build by PV. We should be acknowledging him more, followed by AB Vajpayee a true statesman in whose tenure many good infrastructure projects were implemented. india saw one of the best Railway Minister in Nitish Kumar.

One of the qualities of India has been in adversity somehow, from somewhere we will stand together. I remember an article some 10 years back when Mumbai had floods and some US state had Katrina. Mumbai stood up within a day or two, while it took weeks for relief to reach that US state. Reason every Mumbaiker tried to help those trapped in flood, while such thing was not there in US.

Even if you look Chennai flood 2 years back, Chennai came back to normal within a week. Thanks to all those helping hands that were activated fast enough.
Mano.M thumbnail

Seriously!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Trump news is my entertainment since USA elections
Have to say USA Media is really good
They don't spare him just bcos he is a President
Try "The Daily Show" and "The Late night Show"(comedy shows) in Youtube
Laughter assuredπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
AshishTamilFC @AshishTamilFC
More

Bas Maa... Itni si baat...

486792 thumbnail

About some bashing their own country

I have a guess what the Religion/Region of that person could be
I won't say India is perfect
we have our problems
Everyone of us lament, complain about it at some point of time
But we love our nation and won't let it down and
will stand for it and defend it when needed

But some live just to complain and bash
But they won't leave this country
Once they leave it and join their group(which they think they belong)
then they will know the value of India and Indians and it's religious freedom

Nation comes first not Religion, be it any Religion
Religion is just a path, people form their own path too
Hence can live without religion but not without nation
If they don't realize it well no one can help them

I would like them to point out one nation
that has as many Languages, Races and Religion as India
yet peaceful to an extent

The problem is with with extremism be it any religion
Speaking of my own Religion
I hate Hindu extremists too, they just create fear not respect

Mano trust me I am against religious extremism of any form.Coz religious extremism be it in Hinduism,Islam or Christianity has led to nothing but chaos and disorder.
What I feel is that the people residing in India and the Indians abroad should have a sense of nationalism.Some form of love or respect for their motherland.

Let's take China for an example.Even it's not a perfect nation.It has its flaws.But one thing is common between all of them and that's their fierce nationalism and pride for their motherland.They are proud that they belong to their nation.

I agree with you completely.The people who are complaining right now won't get the same treatment once they leave India.India is one country which has allowed freedom of religion and freedom to practice any religion.Something which no other country has.