Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shlroy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
After recovering from the shock of slapgate, I guess this slap should be the turning point in the story where dev and ishwari really introspect about their lethal bond. Though no hopes from ishwari. But introspection and changes from dev's side is badly needed now. I feel sona leaving dev is also very important for that introspection to come as again delusional duo can even overlook slap to bijoy in exchange of petty apology and sona coming back to dixit house. The shock needed by dev is sona walking out of his life hence drawing a line in the mother son duo
fanktlk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Tacker_Holic

I can understand Dev's position because he knows nothing but to worship his mother right from a young age so he is accustomed to it. Lots of children worship their mother including me but there is a line that needs to be drawn. There is only so much you can do for "maa" before things start to get ugly.

Like you said he needs to look beyond his mother and work on the relationships around him and give them some thought and value too. His mother cant always be right. Our parents provide us guidance and support but they are human too...they can make mistakes just like us. His crazy love for his mother is slowly chipping away at his relationship with Sona and in turn it is make other relations sour like with his in-laws.

It is going to be very difficult for Dev to change and it is not going to happen overnight. The only person that can make this change happen is Dev only.

@bold, totally agree. Yes, that's why I think this slap is more for Dev that to Bijoy.
Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: fanktlk

@bold, totally agree. Yes, that's why I think this slap is more for Dev that to Bijoy.

Yes it is totally for Dev! I hope he really evaluates his decisions once this happens and doesnt fall in the trap set out by his mother! This is the point where he needs to really stand up for Sona and not against her. However, Dev Dixit is not an easy fix!
fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shlroy

After recovering from the shock of slapgate, I guess this slap should be the turning point in the story where dev and ishwari really introspect about their lethal bond. Though no hopes from ishwari. But introspection and changes from dev's side is badly needed now. I feel sona leaving dev is also very important for that introspection to come as again delusional duo can even overlook slap to bijoy in exchange of petty apology and sona coming back to dixit house. The shock needed by dev is sona walking out of his life hence drawing a line in the mother son duo

Don't you think this will happen only if Ishwari causes him to behave in such a manner. Otherwise how Dev reacts to Bijoy is on Dev. Ishwari wont ask him to slap Bijoy right?

So how do you think this will draw the line. I am curious, Can you please explain?
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Excellent points. Here's my take. When I look at Dev and Ishwari, I don't see a mother and son relationship, but a religious fanatic and blind devotee relationship. Whatever the fanatics tells the devotee to do, he carries it out like a minion without questioning or using his own judgement or even once thinking of anyone else because he is convinced that even if he doesn't understand or agree with God's edict, he still can't question God's orders but everything is ultimately for his own good because unlike humans, God can do no wrong.

There's no way Dev will ever turn against his mother. Because there's a difference between human being and who you think is God. Because unlike humans, God is always right.

But Ishwari is not God. She is human being. Right or wrong, she is bound to make mistakes, be petty, selfish, jealous and cunning. These are all human traits.

Until Dev realises that Ishwari is human and not God, he will never in a million years stop being her puppet.

Because you can't follow a human blindly unlike God. You don't question God and His ways or hold Him accountable for His actions, unlike human being.

I can bet you that even when pre-nup comes out, Ishwari will say what most religious fanatics say to blind devotee to justify their wrong deeds, "It's for your own good." And Dev will do what every blind devotee does, believe, follow and carry out orders of God without using their own judgement of determining right from wrong. Until he stop worshipping his mother like God, he won't ever change.

Loving someone doesn't mean you have to worship them and be blind to their faults. Loving someone means you know they are flawed human being but love them anyway.

Even Sona knows Dev has many flaws, but she loves him anyway. But even love has a limit. But blind devotion has no limit, no conscience, no ethics and no morality. It only has fanaticism as evident by what's going on in the world.

Edited by tia.o - 7 years ago
fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: tia.o

Excellent points. Here's my take. When I look at Dev and Ishwari, I don't see a mother and son relationship, but a religious fanatic and blind devotee relationship. Whatever the fanatics tells the devotee to do, he carries it out like a minion without questioning or using his own judgement or even once thinking of anyone else because he is convinced that even if he doesn't understand or agree with God's edict, he still can't question God's orders but everything is ultimately for his own good because unlike humans, God can do no wrong.

There's no way Dev will ever turn against his mother. Because there's a difference between human being and who you think is God. Because unlike humans, God is always right.

But Ishwari is not God. She is human being. Right or wrong, she is bound to make mistakes, be petty, selfish, jealous and cunning. These are all human traits.

Until Dev realises that Ishwari is human and not God, he will never in a million years stop being her puppet.

Because you can't follow a human blindly unlike God. You don't question God and His ways or hold Him accountable for His actions, unlike human being.

I can bet you that even when pre-nup comes out, Ishwari will say what most religious fanatics say to blind devotee to justify their wrong deeds, "It's for your own good." And Dev will do what every blind devotee does, believe, follow and carry out orders of God without using their own judgement of determining right from wrong. Until he stop worshipping his mother like God, he won't ever change.

Loving someone doesn't mean you have to worship them and be blind to their faults. Loving someone means you know they are flawed human being but love them anyway.

Even Sona knows Dev has many flaws, but she loves him anyway. But even love has a limit. But blind devotion has no limit, no conscience, no ethics and no morality. It only has fanaticism as evident by what's going on in the world.

I agree with you tia and more so with @bold.

To even start the process of removing Ishwari from God status he needs to realize she is human.. and that won't happen till he introspects... a quality we know DEv Dixit seriously lacks..

But unless he does that he is not going to realize the damage he will inflict to his love... So it is like a catch 22 situation. He can't stop loving his God, he will follow his God and her instructions and sacrifice all those around him in that process causing his own doom... Seeing him his God will hand him a candy and the status restored.

For Dev to break the Cycle he seriously needs to start seeing Ishwari and her flaws... but to do that doesn't he have to begin by seeing his own...

Shouldn't the process begin with him first... he needs to realize something is amiss at least... In the meanwhile what is going to get him to wake up and smell the coffee is the question.
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is a great post.

Dev as we know him is a master manipulator too. But the difference between him and Easwari manipulation are that he does not have malicious intent.

The Easwari that we knew in the beginning also was a manipulator but did not have malice. She just manipulated the situations to suit her that was the way she survived. Her one weakness is that she wanted to always stay in control of Dev life. She believed she was when he broke up with Sona, believed it when she thought she brought them together again but she misjudged that Dev was also a manipulator she realized that when the lies about the baby came up so I order to gain control again she is manipulating the situation...do you see a pattern here? Both Dev and Easwari playing the game..Dev gives up to Easwari or pretends to when it suits him but when it comes to seriously affecting him will he? Is the million dollar question here. And I am hoping if the pre Nup makes it way out not the money but the clause of his baby not getting a penny from him will open his eyes because Easwari was harping about how much she wanted a baby a grandchild.

I can't speak about this slap fest and interospection but Dev needs to first wake up from his feigned slumber before he can take action
Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: gemini54

This is a great post.

Dev as we know him is a master manipulator too. But the difference between him and Easwari manipulation are that he does not have malicious intent.

The Easwari that we knew in the beginning also was a manipulator but did not have malice. She just manipulated the situations to suit her that was the way she survived. Her one weakness is that she wanted to always stay in control of Dev life. She believed she was when he broke up with Sona, believed it when she thought she brought them together again but she misjudged that Dev was also a manipulator she realized that when the lies about the baby came up so I order to gain control again she is manipulating the situation...do you see a pattern here? Both Dev and Easwari playing the game..Dev gives up to Easwari or pretends to when it suits him but when it comes to seriously affecting him will he? Is the million dollar question here. And I am hoping if the pre Nup makes it way out not the money but the clause of his baby not getting a penny from him will open his eyes because Easwari was harping about how much she wanted a baby a grandchild.

I can't speak about this slap fest and interospection but Dev needs to first wake up from his feigned slumber before he can take action

Some great points there and I agree with you totally! 👏 The Pre-Nup track needs to enter soon as I believe this is the only thing that will change Dev completely. You never know with Ishwari she may run away again and Dev will run after his mother again as usual.
fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: gemini54

This is a great post.

Thanks... It like manipulatee becomes the manipulator... Ishwari will only lose control further. Dev helping Saurav without telling her will only add to her insecurities... The after effect of the 5 crore will will see a crazier Ishwari no doubt.
fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tacker_Holic

Some great points there and I agree with you totally! 👏 The Pre-Nup track needs to enter soon as I believe this is the only thing that will change Dev completely. You never know with Ishwari she may run away again and Dev will run after his mother again as usual.

Do you think by itself the prenup can do anything. The prenup is the last straw but the cart has to topple before that.