A Take on SlapGate- Mein Meri Maa ke liye kuch bhi kar sakta hoon EDIT

fanktlk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

We have heard Dev say this multiple times. Maa ke aage mujhe sahi galat kuch nahi dikhta.

And each time he has said this he has justified his own actions and convinced himself that he is not wrong.

1. We heard this when he removed Sona from her job .

2. We heard this again when he tried to win Sona back waiting for 5 hours

3. Again when he broke Sona's rishta with Kushal

4. When he broke off with Sona.

All for his mother

5. When he stalked Sona , had Ritwick lose his job , his loan, that time his own life ( Sona ) was at stake.

6. When he had Ranveer lose his job, again Neha's marriage was at stake.

So at every stage whenever Dev has given an extreme reaction, in his mind he was justified. He looked for temporary solutions without looking at the repercussions.

What if the slapgate is not Sona to walk out but for Dev to realize that there is simply no justification sometimes. One needs to evaluate the consequences of ones actions.

Dev wanted to stop Bijoy from screaming or wanted to ask Bijoy to back off he needed to handle it that way slapping a man in your father's place is not justified. It cannot be justified I don't think the CVs will want to justify it eitherways.

We heard Sona speak to Dev about his temporary fixes and trying to keep everyone happy. But did that get him to introspect.

Dev and Ishwari have a "different relationship". For Dev to even stand up to his mother he needs to see the impact that this relationship is having on all the other relations around him. Dev was always respectful of his elders. He prides over his mother's upbringing. So did Ishwari.

This slap is not on Bijoy but on Dev and Ishwari's face to see what they have become.

Will we actually get to see Dev introspecting??

Dev respects Bijoy. Dev also prides over Sona like Bijoy does. But when it comes to Ishwari he can get disrespectful towards Bijoy too. We saw that last week when he asked Asha to take him and go. So Dev has started walking on the path where he can sacrifice even close relations for his mother. Question is does he realize it?

It has to reach a crescendo for him to slide back on track. If there was an incident directly with Sona would it be too late for him to salvage the situation.

The pressure for treatments is one such act. Ishwari wants something Dev is actually ready to inflict physical pain to Sona but does not realize it.

Is the physical action just a depiction of how the Boses feel when Dev convinced his mother to come back and agreed to Ishwari's condition? Wasn't that already a slap on all their faces? Or am I reading too much into it I don't know.

Dev will never question Ishwari about the prenup if he doesn't see the impact their relationship has on people around him.

If Dev's extreme reaction to protect his mother cannot be justified with him slapping Bijoy then neither can Ishwari's extreme reaction to get the prenup signed by deceit be justified?

For Dev to question his mother doesn't he need to know that in the process of leaving the " Dev - Ishwari " status unchanged they are sacrificing all the people around them.

For Dev to take a stand for Sona he needs to take a stand for himself. For him to take a stand for himself he needs to realize where he and Ishwari have faulted over the years.

Is this slap indirectly on Dev to see how ugly he can get? Will we eventually see a leap of growth in Dev's character?

One can only hope!!

Now that the episode is telly cast no one can say that Dev was cornered to react like that. Had Dev reacted in the right manner the situation would not seem so bad. Dev only needed to say "Bas" and everyone would have stopped screaming..

I think what most people missed in the shirtless scene is after Dev bit her finger , she says I thought you left pain in my pain and he says it is for you to realize how much you hurt me by saying these things.

It would be wrong to say that didn't communicate at all.. But i think the CVs wanted to convey was Sona realized that even if Dev hurts her, ( as in the slap sequence ) it would hurt Dev more.

I am more excited about today's episode to see how it will go forward.

Sona's filhaal... clearly means she is not angry enough to initiate a separation... Would Ishwari insist on one now... Ishwari felt Dev chose Sona over her and her daughters... Would she make Dev actually choose after this incident?
Edited by fanktlk - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suma74 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is very difficult to understand Dev, he his a difficult man to understand
sajinifaby thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
No idea..
But I love to believe your beautiful take n I hope it is that way...
Definitely it is a slap on Ishwari n her great upbringing
Kaustuv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even I feel like that. The slap should lead Dev to introspection as he is shown to b impulsive but not necessarily a bad person. He loves both Sona and his mom dearly .he is already under extreme stress because he s very effort to please them has in turn given them more pain. He knows his mom is not happy now he know Sonas condition. After the slap he would realize he has hurt both the ladies big time.
I think this incident will also lead to introspection of Ishwari too cause her upbringing is now under scanner. Sona would leave together with the boses. To think about even Ishwari knows Dev won't b happy without Sona, and now the extend Dev can go to keep Sona in his life.

It'll b the start of both Dev and to some extent of Ishwari ,cause needs A big incident from Dev to really start redemption.
fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: sajinifaby

No idea..
But I love to believe your beautiful take n I hope it is that way...
Definitely it is a slap on Ishwari n her great upbringing

Just getting the prenup will not open Dev's eyes. He will still think that his mom did it to protect his sisters.

I think the consequences of their actions is what is missing , Like to protect Ishwari hurting Bijoy is not justified, to protect his sisters hurting Sona is not justified...

Dev needs a jolt and a big one.
WeRockTheWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I wish what you said is right ...but her the point is Dev will never question anything related to Ishwari...Dev like all blind believers , he blindly believes his god- his mother...and blind believers never question their god or the actions that is taken on behalf of god or for god. So that slap will be justified by Ishwari to Dev and again he will be blinded by her guidance...
Edited by WeRockTheWorld - 7 years ago
fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaustuv

Even I feel like that. The slap should lead Dev to introspection as he is shown to b impulsive but not necessarily a bad person. He loves both Sona and his mom dearly .he is already under extreme stress because he s very effort to please them has in turn given them more pain. He knows his mom is not happy now he know Sonas condition. After the slap he would realize he has hurt both the ladies big time.

I think this incident will also lead to introspection of Ishwari too cause her upbringing is now under scanner. Sona would leave together with the boses. To think about even Ishwari knows Dev won't b happy without Sona, and now the extend Dev can go to keep Sona in his life.

It'll b the start of both Dev and to some extent of Ishwari ,cause needs A big incident from Dev to really start redemption.

The CVs are sticking to the slap I wonder why we are justifying it. If one commits a crime on TV doen't mean anyone is justifying that act.

I don't want it to be something as big as a divorce, or missing out on his child's birth or missing Sona's pregnancy to be what would cause Dev's introspection . I cannot imagine the amount Dev would pamper Sona in case she is pregnant. So I for one don't want him to miss out on that.

If a separation occurs now, it should be for redemption. So to introspect something unimaginable was required...

Oh well one can only hope... But i am such a DevAkshi fan.. and a such a sucker for happily ever after , that I don't want the serial to go the EK way where the leads are separated, and Sona find out she is pregnant and by the time the kid is born the leads unite... Not my idea of a happily ever after.

fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: WeRockTheWorld

I wish what you said is right ...but her the point is Dev will never question anything related to Ishwari...Dev like all blind believers , he blindly believes his god- his mother...and blind believers never question their god or the actions that is taken on behalf of god or for god. So that slap will be justified by Ishwari to Dev and again he will be blinded by her guidance...

Another hope I have of Dev is we see if Dev running after Sona. I think GKB will again instigate Ish that she wasn't well and yet Dev went behind Sona. There has to be an escalation in Ishwari's behaviour

But Dev himself , you think, even if it offends Sona, she leaves him and heads out to the Bose home will look for justification or just apologize . Won't it shake Dev. So far he genuinely looked at Bijoy as his father. Does he really need anyone to tell him he didn't do the right thing?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

fanktlk thumbnail

Originally posted by: suma74

It is very difficult to understand Dev, he his a difficult man to understand

My husband used that excuse for the longest time.. Mein aisa hi hoon...

Doesn't work right. How long can Dev hide behind I am a difficult man to deal with.
Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I can understand Dev's position because he knows nothing but to worship his mother right from a young age so he is accustomed to it. Lots of children worship their mother including me but there is a line that needs to be drawn. There is only so much you can do for "maa" before things start to get ugly.
Like you said he needs to look beyond his mother and work on the relationships around him and give them some thought and value too. His mother cant always be right. Our parents provide us guidance and support but they are human too...they can make mistakes just like us. His crazy love for his mother is slowly chipping away at his relationship with Sona and in turn it is make other relations sour like with his in-laws.

It is going to be very difficult for Dev to change and it is not going to happen overnight. The only person that can make this change happen is Dev only.