Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pradarshak thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Yeah...But that would be like closing the barn door after horses have left.

Don't think so, some left some still there and encouraging them to leave  too by keeping the door open forever.

Edited by Pradarshak - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
Pravina! 😊 Have we banned the all school drama competitions? Have we banned the sports tornments at school level? Have we stopped them from co-curricular activities to brush up their talents??? NO!

I and Pradarshak are trying to oppose the consequences of public display of child performers ... Not their talents! 😊 Edited by MNMS - 17 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail

Maryam.!!!! As you and Pradarshakji have said , only 1 may make it , the rest of the kids get a chance to perform on stage/TV and go home with the experience.

Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Goshal and many more turned out to be just fine.

As the SRGMP judges would say "you kids are lucky that you have a chance to perform on national TV or public platform but we had to struggle for years to get the same" 😆

Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago
Pradarshak thumbnail

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Maryam.!!!! As you and Pradarshakji have said , only 1 may make it , the rest of the kids get a chance to perform on stage/TV and go home with the experience.

Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Goshal and many more turned out to be just fine. Because we don't keep record of the rest. A person who is talented as a child can also emerge as a talented person to the world at a later stage. Not necessarily one need to be displayed at a young age. Shreya, Sunidhi though became famous at a young age, they became well known only singing adult(matured) songs not child songs. They got more appreciation and work as playback singers only when they became adults(18 yrs or more). So, why not sing such songs at the right time.

MNMS thumbnail
[quote=lighthouse]Maryam.!!!! As you and Pradarshakji have said , only 1 may make it , the rest of the kids get a chance to perform on stage/TV and go home with the experience.
[/quote]

Though i don't have a little idea of what is SRGMP lil champs about, as i don't watch it 😊 , but on seeing the comments of Pradarshak as

"So, what are they learning? Inspired to songs in slang language, dressing up like adults, parents and judges fighting like cats and dogs in front of the camera in order to push their own/favourite kids, disgracing each other...."

I believe this is not a pleasent experiance... resentment, feeling not good enough, sense of loss, humiliation, sense of hostility, etc etc are all the consequences of such an exposure - In front of all over the world.. this fact makes things worse! I mean .. its public on a "LARGER SCALE" as compared to local school singing competitions

[quote=lighthouse]As the SRGMP judges would say "you kids are lucky that you have a chance to perform on national TV or public platform but we had to struggle for years to get the same" [/quote]

Judges .. at that time and years of struggle,they became mature enough to cope up with serious situations themselves..

Even if taking a particular example of SRGMP [second hand info] .. one of my friend told me about the whole hollalaboo in voting of some elimination round... it was extremely difficult for the contestant. HE was a mature adult .. still he wasn't able to handle that all fuss!

Kids are kids... for them Brushing up of Talent is sure needed for their personality development...but not at a large public scale. 😊
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

Exactly, and who is responsible for introducing and encouraging them? At least we can reduce a bit putting a check on a child performer instead of  opening more options for other children. 

If we can take the lyrics of such songs so lightly when comes to children why restrict them from speaking slang openly.

exactly.

As Dr. AS correctly said, it is irresponsible parenting that can ruin the kid's life, not his / her performance.  To me, responsible parents will pick and choose arenas for performance, which will protect their children's innocense, while enhancing their talent.  
Perhaps, we need talent shows specifically designed keeping child-artists in mind!!
sareg thumbnail
Kids today(and even older generation) are influenced by Adults, they want to dress up like Adults/they want to behave like adults, by banning Child performers you are treating the effect not the cause 😉

Was the clothing of Master Raju famous or the clothing of Amitabh Bacchan?

If a Sanchita or Pawnu were not to sing a Beedi Jalaile, wont the kids of the current Generation not know that song, the dance of Bipasha?

Who is more famous Madhuri's dance for Khalnayak or the Dance of a kid in Boogie Woogie?

Irrespective of what happens on shows like SRGMP or Boogie Woogie, kids today will watch movie's like Don, Dhoom and would be influenced by the clothing the songs of that movie

That is the way current generation is, they are not going to wear/talk the way we used to no matter what.

We used to be influenced by AB/SRK/Jayaprada/Madhuri they are going to be influenced by Hrithik/AB Jr/Malaika/Esha Deol

Banning a Sanchita/Pawni/Sameer from the screen is not going to buy you anything, if anything it is going to trample the talent of these kids, b'cos face it, many of these kids have the performing skills and not much of the skills required in the talent hunt, the performance killed the talent already , we have seen it with II, SRGMP 😭   

As much as we dislike it, SRGMP today is far more popular than the older version(and same holds for the Lil Champs series)Edited by sareg - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
[quote=mQT]As Dr. AS correctly said, it is irresponsible parenting that can ruin the kid's life, not his / her performance. To me, responsible parents will pick and choose arenas for performance, which will protect their children's innocense, while enhancing their talent.   
[/quote]

How many child artists/performers are lucky to have such responsible parents?

We can say that it is merely the responsibility of parents and they should do this and that... but what is happening in reality is not hidden from us 😊

Plus ... talent polishing can easily be done through school level competitions... why public large scale performance 😕 ?

[quote=sareg]Kids today(and even older generation) are influenced by Adults, they want to dress up like Adults/they want to behave like adults, by banning Child performers you are treating the effect not the cause

Was the clothing of Master Raju famous or the clothing of Amitabh Bacchan?

If a Sanchita or Pawnu were not to sing a Beedi Jalaile, wont the kids of the current Generation not know that song, the dance of Bipasha?

Who is more famous Madhuri's dance for Khalnayak or the Dance of a kid in Boogie Woogie?

Irrespective of what happens on shows like SRGMP or Boogie Woogie, kids today will watch movie's like Don, Dhoom and would be influenced by the clothing the songs of that movie

That is the way current generation is, they are not going to wear/talk the way we used to no matter what.

We used to be influenced by AB/SRK/Jayaprada/Madhuri they are going to be influenced by Hrithik/AB Jr/Malaika/Esha Deol

Banning a Sanchita/Pawni/Sameer from the screen is not going to buy you anything, if anything it is going to trample the talent of these kids, b'cos face it, many of these kids have the performing skills and not much of the skills required in the talent hunt, the performance killed the talent already , we have seen it with II, SRGMP     

As much as we dislike it, SRGMP today is far more popular than the older version(and same holds for the Lil Champs series)[/quote]

On behalf of feeling like a broken tape record 😆 [with due respect 😊 ] i am repeating myself: We are NOT Against talent.But We are not approving the "PUBLIC PERFORMANCE which is on a much LARGER SCALE"...as its consequenses are devestating.

And if there are singing competitions at school level...wouldn't they set standards of songs under proper guidance, monitoring and oppose the selection of song "Beedi jalaile" for the competition By a student? Even if it is known by every child.... still there is a restriction to tell our kids that "It is NOT appropriate for you at this time"

If Films and other people who show smoking and "beedi" songs not taking the responsibility and consideration of young children... Should we not do that at a grass root level??.. and tell them that "No... kid .. you are restricted at this time" Be it parents, adults, teachers, anyone!!
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

How many child artists/performers are lucky to have such responsible parents?

We can say that it is merely the responsibility of parents and they should do this and that... but what is happening in reality is not hidden from us 😊

Plus ... talent polishing can easily be done through school level competitions... why public large scale performance 😕 ?

why do you think I bash people when they blindly comment about American parents??  Indian parents who send their kids half naked to dance on stage are TWISTED and I feel sorry for their children. 
Talent polishing used to be done in schools.  I remember how our generation performed on stage in school / colleges while our innocense was unscratched.   It is not impossible, if parents don't act as if life only happens in bollywood!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

On behalf of feeling like a broken tape record 😆 [with due respect 😊 ] i am repeating myself: We are NOT Against talent.But We are not approving the "PUBLIC PERFORMANCE which is on a much LARGER SCALE"...as its consequenses are devestating.

And if there are singing competitions at school level...wouldn't they set standards of songs under proper guidance, monitoring and oppose the selection of song "Beedi jalaile" for the competition By a student? Even if it is known by every child.... still there is a restriction to tell our kids that "It is NOT appropriate for you at this time"

If Films and other people who show smoking and "beedi" songs not taking the responsibility and consideration of young children... Should we not do that at a grass root level??.. and tell them that "No... kid .. you are restricted at this time" Be it parents, adults, teachers, anyone!!

I agree with Paradarshak and you MNMS on this one again.  It is upto us (as parents) and it is not that hard to create proper talent channels. 
Furthermore, there is no reason to speculate how many children will go home just with the experience at the end of losing in a competetion .  There is competetion in every field.  Everyone has to struggle.  No need to start earlier by compromising "biological growth rate" and innocence!
Just because one could read and write very early, one  could not be in first grade at the age of 3 !!  There has to be a certain age for doing certain things.
Just because one can drive a car, doesn;t mean they should be on road before they are 18. 

Talent as KIDS is what children should display.  Parents who expose their children to performances of sexual nature should be prosecuted! 😡  Only when strict action is taken against,  GREEDY parents blinded by chamak dhamak of bollywood will control themelves!  Children should sing songs that suit them.  They should dance to the music w/o vulgar gestures.  No one should snatch their right to be a CHILD.  
Make your child perform at the age of 2 if you like, but make sure he / she sings "twinkle twinkle little star"..  not "24 7 i think of u! "

mQT