Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Woh Are you quitting Rehnewaali Mehlon ki? Nothing is confirmed yet, so I can't comment. Are you bored of the character? It's been four years.. .. and 750 episodes. It has been a wonderful journey .

In one line, what is Woh Rehe- newaali Mehelon ki? It's a simple realistic story . Realistic? You married a guy who is a look-alike of your dead husband! That was ages ago. The cur- rent track is realistic. Your patis in the soap keep dying. Yeah, despite that they expect me to be a Sati Savitri.

How is the latest one played by Vinay Jain still alive? Is it because of his 'Jeetey raho' ICICI ad? (Laughs) Maybe. You had a problem with the generation leap. Yes, that's why I'm playing my own daughter, Pari. Everyone else around me ages but I don't. You've had the same hairstyle before and after the generation leap.. I wanted to keep it real and simple

. How many times have you been thrown out of the house on the show? Whenever the TRPs dip, Pari is thrown out.

Still, you haven't thought of a back-up accommodation.. If we think of back-up accom- modations, the producers may think of a back-up too.

Any track you don't like in the soap? The issues Rani faced were real and beautifully handled. Now as Pari, we fight over silly things like the air-condi- tioner.. it's very petty.

How big is your real-life mahal? My husband Karan and I have just bought a two-bed- room flat on the 23rd floor with an amazing view of the hills. He wakes me late at night just to see the moon.

What does your mum-in-law think of your on-screen avatar? She is proud of me. Woh Rehe- newaali... is the only soap she watches. She is more into sports.. she keeps track on Formula One and all that. Really?! (Laughs) Yes, we're quite the opposite. I prefer bhajans and she likes the latest chartbusters.

How do you react when anyone calls you 'Aunty'? Initially, this annoyed me but now I'm okay with it. I prefer to be called didi though.

If someone else were to play Rani/Pari, whom would you pick? Divyanka Tripathi. Which is the one role you would- n't like to do? I wouldn't be comfortable playing a vamp.
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Sisterly act

For the first time in Television industry, three sisters born in Kolkatta contributing in different serials and are already craze among the viewers. Reena Kapoor, Shalini Kapoor and Malini Kapoor are carving a niche for them in serials on Sahara One. Zeenat (Malini Kapoor) of Zaara-Pyar Ki Saugat, Rani and Pari (Reena Kapoor) of Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki and Iravati (Shalini Kapoor) of Solah Singaar share the same surname. Shalini and Malini Kapoor are real sisters while Reena Kapoor is their first cousin.

Lifestyle caught up with the three sisters for a chat on their career. With acting as the common passion, it was just a matter of time before the three became popular on small screen.

Says Malini, "It is my personality which was reflected in serials like Saathiya, Kum Kum, Hawaiyan, Dekho Magar Pyar Se and currently in Zaara."

"I am excited about two forthcoming films Subah Tak and Golden Boys, " she adds.

Shalini Kapoor has been a regular face on television and Gujarati films. Currently she is enjoying her stint on small screen in Solah Shingaar.

After being crowned Miss Kolkata in 1996, a dream to make it in the Bollywood and Tellywood brought Shalini to Mumbai. Though she has dabbled in both films and television, she says she will not trade one for the other.

And for Reena Kapoor, she is presently enjoying a great married life along with acting on small screen. Talking about her break in Tellywood she says, "I started working with Sahara One and for Rajshri productions for Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki. I have already played the role of Rani, the delicate, pampered girl and presently playing the character Pari in this serial. I shoot for more than 20 days. I am completely focused on this character. I just hope to give my best shot to each and every scene and do justice to all. I will proceed to doing something even more creative," Reena concludes.
Reenatyzed thumbnail

"I am not

very ambitious

in life"

-Reena Kapoor

Rani, as she known to people feels very proud when people come to her and say that she is the inspiration to the younger generation. For this she is thankful to Rajshri Production who has given her this recognition. Reena Kapoor who is basically a Delhiete liked the Mumbai lifestyle so much that she has settled in Mumbai since 6-7 years. For Kapoor acting happened by chance. She had accompanied a friend for an audition with director Lekh Tandon and got chosen instead. . Then she did Dishayien, Jai Ganga Maiya for DD, a small role for Dekho Magar Pyar Se and got lead role in Saira Banoji's Kisse Apna Kahein. But presently she is enjoying the role of Rani in Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki.

It has a TRP of 3.2 in the 9 p.m. slot, beating Kksum on Sony and Astitva on Zee. Kapoor who is thrilled with the way things have shaped out says she thanks her stars for this lucky break. " Today I am busy and can afford to choose the work that is coming my way. It feels good to be recognised but I won't say that it has changed me as a person in any way."

Tell us something about yourself.
I am basically from Delhi. We are 3 sisters and a brother. We have travelled all over India as my dad is in the Navy. But just 6-7years back I have settled in Mumbai. I wanted to prove myself on my own. My family gave me good support for this.

Have you taken any acting course before joining this industry?
No Never, I haven't learnt acting from any acting school but I have learnt from my experiences being in this field. My first Experience was this telefilm called Laveena. For me acting happened by chance. I had accompanied a friend for an audition with director Lekh Tandon and got chosen instead. I was in school when I got my first acting offer. Lekhji thought I suited the role and had screen presence.

Carry on..
Then I also did a serial for DD called Dishayien. I also did a mythological serial called 'Jai Ganga Maiya' for DD, the rerun of the same you can see on Star Plus. I also did 'Devi' which I think was the biggest mistake I ever made. I left it half way then I got the chance to play the lead in Saira Banoji's Kisse Apna Kahein on Sahara. I replaced the lead towards the end of the serial. So, I didn't get the feel of the character much.

Later, I got to play the role of Kaya in Star Plus' Dekho Magar Pyaar Se. But once the track changed I opted out.

How did you got the role of Rani in Woh Rehnewali Mahalon Ki'
Like every other actress worth her salt even I'd heard the Rajshri's were getting into production and were looking for a heroine. I didn't think I'd make it but I definitely decided to give it a try.

I passed through the first round and in the second round they gave me hard core Hindi to read out and fortunately I managed to clear the auditions as well as the delivery test and the interviews. In February we started shooting.

What is Rani, the character you play in Woh... like?
Rani hails from a rich family. She is the youngest of four sisters and is the most pampered sibling. It'sabout her story when she realises the hardships in life. She is a very strong willed woman. When you see the serial, you will realise how she struggles with life and makes it on her own. You can see how she slowly wins over her in-laws love, who are initially against her.

How can you differentiate between Reena and Rani?
Reena is an introvert kind of a person. I am a good listener. I have many similarities with Rani. Rani is very sweet to everyone but I cannot be so sweet though I don't talk harshly.

But during the same time you got married.
You are right, during the audition I got this marriage proposal (arranged). I was very skeptical whether to inform the Rajshri people. But I thought I must be honest to my work and live upto their expectation. And truly they never opposed my decision.

Any reaction from your in-laws or husband...
No, In fact, my husband and family members who live in Delhi sounded relaxed when they came to know that I am working with Rajshri productions. They feel proud that I am part of woh rehne wali.

Tell us something about your husband?
(blushingly) He is not from the same industry but he is working with HCL based in Delhi but soon he will be shifting to Mumbai, may be within a year. He is very supporting by nature. I travel every weekend to Delhi. On certain occasions, he gives me a surprise by flying down to Mumbai. I miss him a lot.

Do you like to party?
I feel socializing means having friends at home and enjoying a film. I don't like to go to parties. I believe people who are insecure about their work go to parties to network and seek work. I am not very ambitious in life.

Would you like to do theatre in the near future?
I really wouldn't mind, but presently I am tied up with my other projects. May be in the future I may try my hand in it to get experience in it.

How is the atmosphere on the set?
The atmosphere is very nice. Everyone is very friendly and pull each other's leg. They play pranks. Alok Nathji is a very loving and caring person. I feel as if I am there with my dad. He has that typical father figure which I miss a lot. My co-star Arjun Punjj is very professional by nature.

Are you looking at working in films?
Yes. But I should be comfortable with the role I play and I am not comfortable with exposing. The character should be nice to work. I have already worked with Kundan Shah in his film "Kya Kehna" where I played the role of Preity's close friend. If in future I get a chance I will surely do the role.

What do you do during your spare time?
I like to listen to old Hindi melodies reading philosophy and travelling anywhere India or abroad.

Reenatyzed thumbnail

Recently Rajshri's Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki completed 1000 episodes. Like any other daily soap, it has passed crests and troughs and also undergone the by-now-routine change in female lead. But the change happened not just once, but twice. Reena Kapoor, the female lead was first replaced by Neha Janpandit and then within a few months, Reena was brought back by her mentors (Rajshri) once again. As of today, she continues to play the lead role in the show that is climbing the popularity charts. The pretty actress spoke to TellyChakkar on her four years of working with Rajshri Productions and her future plans.

On the show completing 1000 episodes ...
When I started working in Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki I never thought it would go on for such a long time. But I knew this show was different because of the sincerity and hard work everyone was putting in. In no time, the show became the talk of the town and TRPs started soaring. We were all very excited about that that. I still remember, when we completed 200 episodes, we had a blast and celebrated in a big way. By the time the show reached 500 episodes, we were jumping with joy! And now, after we have crossed 1000 episodes, I really do not know how to react.

But the journey so far has been very nice, though there has been some turbulence and ups and downs. But all of us worked as a team and I believe that is the root cause of the success. Personally, I have learned a lot from this show and I am sure this will help me progress as an actress.

On her relation with Rajshri Productions...
I have been around for 10 years now. And I have never seen such a nice production house. They are honest, up-front and everybody there is so humble. They command respect automatically. I have never felt like an outsider while working with them there is so much warmth in the way they work. With Kavita Barjatya my producer I have a very good rapport and our relation goes beyond professional boundaries.

As actors, we want two things primarily, respect and money. You can probably quote me on behalf of all actors who have worked with Rajashri, there is no parallel on both these fronts. No actor will be dissatisfied with them. I have seen how ugly things can get with other producers, the filthy language they use, the bargaining they do but with Rajashri Productions that is never the case. Everyone, including the daily wage earners are treated with respect here.

On her four-month break ...
Well...as all of us know the replacement was not really my decision or choice. It was a decision of the production house and I went by their decision. When they called me back, I was overwhelmed and gladly re-joined Woh Rehne Wali...

But now when I look back at the break, I think it was a blessing in disguise. I could give time to my family, and most importantly, to myself. I have done two shows during this break -- Saas vs Bahu and Shhh Phir Koi Hai. But after these shows, I realised that I was not cut out for reality shows. One needs a lot of mental stamina and physical strength to compete in a reality show. Though I do not have cold feet on a dance floor, I still would like to stay away from reality shows.

On her family ...
Unlike my screen persona, I definitely do not want to get married so many times! (smiles) I am very happy with my real life partner Karan and feel extremely lucky to have him in my life. My in-laws are very nice and they have always supported me in my career. Otherwise, I could never have continued for such a long time.

On her best on-screen partner ...
In the last four years, I have got married four or five times in the show! I have shared screen with Arjun Punj, Aamir Ali, Vinay Jain and now KG (Karan Grover). I am not being diplomatic, but KG is the best person to work with. He is young, energetic and most importantly has no ego and is always full of fun on the sets. Working with such a person, automatically makes you perform better.

On her future plans
As long as I don't get a role like Rani, I am not going to do another show. I am happy and contend with what I am doing.

Reenatyzed thumbnail

Show stopper

Television viewers know her as Pari and Rani of Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. She is Reena Kapoor, Punjabi actor, who believes in celebrating each moment. She essays the role of Rani, the delicate, pampered girl who grows up to be a woman of substance.

During her brief visit at Chandigarh, she spells out her success formula. Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki has become a popular show since it started in 2005.

What's new with this show?

The protagonist Rani of this show is set to tie the knot for the sixth time. However, it is not one character who is marrying for the sixth time. The six marriages have taken place across three generations.

How do you prepare for your role?

I do not prepare for my role. All that I do is just to understand my role and give it my own inputs. I try to portray my director' point of view.

You background in acting?

I did shows like Ganga Maiya aired on Delhi Doordarshan, Dekho Magar Pyar Se and Saira Bano Kisse Apna Kahen. I also acted in films like Dhoondte Reh Jaoge and Kundan Shah's Kya Kehna. In Kya Kehna, I played Preity Zinta's friend.

Something about your family?

My in-laws are Delhi based. My brother is in the Merchant Navy. My husband Karan Nijjer is a software engineer. My family is my biggest strength. They are so supportive. They are the reason for my being where I am today.

Has your life changed after taking a daily soap?

I have been busy with life, no time for the daily routine that I once used to have. I shoot for more than 20 days.

What is your life's mantra?

I am human. My life's mantra is not to let negative energies upset my equanimity. I thank God for what I have today.

Edited by Reenatyzed - 7 years ago
Reenatyzed thumbnail

One should not get too attached to a show' ...says Reena Kapoor, who's been with a show last two-and-a-half years even as her co-stars have left

Actors have come and actors have gone but the one constant factor about Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki on SaharaOne has been the lead actress Reena Kapoor.

First as Rani, the mother and then Pari, the daughter, Reena has played both roles with aplomb and has been associated with the production house for the last two-and-a-half years now.

"It's overwhelming to be a part of this show and to know that even after 600 episodes, it is one of the most talked about
shows and has high TRPs," says Reena with a smile.

Reena is glad that at a time when most shows were going for time leaps, the makers of the show were able to twist the story in such a way that she did not have to don the whitener.
Reenatyzed thumbnail

Word Count: 0

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Reenatyzed

usi time kamya agai aur rani ko dantta

kamya ki daant ka koi asar na hua
MasoomaBukhari thumbnail

shakti banner contest last date

5th jan

hum dono hi nahi kar sakte participate😒

me to wese b nai krna 😆
MasoomaBukhari thumbnail

Reena Kapoor
Reel hubby:
Arjun Punj (Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki)
On-screen husbands are shown to be picture-perfect. But in real life we have our differences and we patch up too. On screen the wife has to be over sweet and understanding. My husband Karan Nijher and I are like friends. I don't address him as aap nor do I act shy.

ArNa 😳 ❤️

Word Count: 1