Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

TV actress Reena Kapoor says being a vegetarian has never deterred her from trying out different types of cuisine

Her soft, innocent look is a sure magnet, and she perhaps knows it. And that bonbon smile needs no justification after a while. TV actress Reena Kapoor is the typical Indian face that you would imagine Rajashri Productions to work with. In fact, the well-known production house started off its TV production wing by launching Reena, for the daily on SaharaOne, Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. Rounding off a year now in May-end, the serial has made a difference to the channel's viewer chart. Sitting at Intercontinental The Grand's Coffee Shop in New Delhi, Reena is all smiles: "I sometimes have to tell myself that my name is Reena and not Rani, the serial's protagonist." Obviously happy at the new feeling of recognition that greets her on the road, she orders "a very light lunch" that includes a vegetable soup, some bread and "some cheese-based accompaniments", and settles down to talk. "Acting has always been my hobby and suddenly it has become my profession. When this role came up, I thought I have the talent and the confidence required for it, so why not give it a shot? Now on looking back after a year, I feel it was worth it more because I didn't have to struggle much to get it."

Broccoli soup

The soup arrives and so do the accompaniments. One spoonful of the soup and Reena comments, "Quite yummy. The taste of broccoli is dominant and that is interesting." For the last three years, she says she has been a vegetarian "not on religious grounds but just because being vegetarian has its benefits health wise." But that doesn't stop her from trying out different kinds of cuisine, she highlights. "I don't get much time to go to the kitchen because Woh Rehne Waali... is a daily and the shooting hours are long but whenever I can take out time I cook my special vegetarian fare for my family." Reena also claims in the same breath: "I can cook some amazing vegetarian Chinese stuff. But my mushroom chawal and rajma-chawal are particularly appreciated."Flashing that lovely smile, she adds, "But to a non-vegetarian, all these specialities don't mean much. I am often discounted as ghas-phus khaane wali." But for such a person, she has a line ready, "I want to tell them that you don't need chicken and eggs to survive."

Eat to live

Born and brought up in Mumbai, Reena did a few plays all for the love of the experience but never went to a formal training school. And now, she feels it has its benefits. "Formal training helps you in brushing up your talent no doubt but firstly, that spark has to be there in you."Even as she finishes off her "light lunch", you are left wondering at her small meal for a long day of media interviews and late night return to Mumbai. "I eat only when I am hungry. It might look a small meal to you for a lunch but it has enough nutrients to carry me through the day," says Reena. And as the waiter intervenes to offer a sweet dish, she says a polite no. For reasons you don't want her to repeat. SANGEETA BAROOAH PISHAROTY

Edited by Reenatyzed - 7 years ago
Reenatyzed thumbnail

Word Count: 0

Reenatyzed thumbnail

Reenatyzed thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reenatyzed

TV actress Reena Kapoor says being a vegetarian has never deterred her from trying out different types of cuisine

Her soft, innocent look is a sure magnet, and she perhaps knows it. And that bonbon smile needs no justification after a while. TV actress Reena Kapoor is the typical Indian face that you would imagine Rajashri Productions to work with. In fact, the well-known production house started off its TV production wing by launching Reena, for the daily on SaharaOne, Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. Rounding off a year now in May-end, the serial has made a difference to the channel's viewer chart. Sitting at Intercontinental The Grand's Coffee Shop in New Delhi, Reena is all smiles: "I sometimes have to tell myself that my name is Reena and not Rani, the serial's protagonist." Obviously happy at the new feeling of recognition that greets her on the road, she orders "a very light lunch" that includes a vegetable soup, some bread and "some cheese-based accompaniments", and settles down to talk. "Acting has always been my hobby and suddenly it has become my profession. When this role came up, I thought I have the talent and the confidence required for it, so why not give it a shot? Now on looking back after a year, I feel it was worth it more because I didn't have to struggle much to get it."

Broccoli soup

The soup arrives and so do the accompaniments. One spoonful of the soup and Reena comments, "Quite yummy. The taste of broccoli is dominant and that is interesting." For the last three years, she says she has been a vegetarian "not on religious grounds but just because being vegetarian has its benefits health wise." But that doesn't stop her from trying out different kinds of cuisine, she highlights. "I don't get much time to go to the kitchen because Woh Rehne Waali... is a daily and the shooting hours are long but whenever I can take out time I cook my special vegetarian fare for my family." Reena also claims in the same breath: "I can cook some amazing vegetarian Chinese stuff. But my mushroom chawal and rajma-chawal are particularly appreciated."Flashing that lovely smile, she adds, "But to a non-vegetarian, all these specialities don't mean much. I am often discounted as ghas-phus khaane wali." But for such a person, she has a line ready, "I want to tell them that you don't need chicken and eggs to survive."

Eat to live

Born and brought up in Mumbai, Reena did a few plays all for the love of the experience but never went to a formal training school. And now, she feels it has its benefits. "Formal training helps you in brushing up your talent no doubt but firstly, that spark has to be there in you."Even as she finishes off her "light lunch", you are left wondering at her small meal for a long day of media interviews and late night return to Mumbai. "I eat only when I am hungry. It might look a small meal to you for a lunch but it has enough nutrients to carry me through the day," says Reena. And as the waiter intervenes to offer a sweet dish, she says a polite no. For reasons you don't want her to repeat. SANGEETA BAROOAH PISHAROTY

mujhe pe gai hai🤣
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Food

PARTH, who plays Jai in Sahara One's Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, has been the target of most pranks on the sets. During one of the shoots, Reena Kapoor was supposed to feed a few morsels of food to Parth. But Reena continued till Parth was stuffed and felt nauseous. Parth realised that there was something wrong and asked the cameraman to stop the shoot. Everybody had a hearty laugh on the sets because Parth was once again worried about how difficult it will be to shed off the extra calories he gained by all the food he was made to eat.

Reenatyzed thumbnail

Reena Kapoor, the heroine of Woh Rehnewaali Mehlon Ki, is a typical Barjatya heroine. She is coy, saccharine sweet and sacrificing.In the serial, I had an arranged marriage; ditto in real life. Believe it or not, very often, the serial's story and my life's story were running on almost parallel track, whether it was my engagement or my marriage.

In the serial I meet Raj at the hospital where my father has been admitted. Fortunately, in my real life I didn't meet my husband Karan Nijhar in one. I met him at our Guruji's darbar. I was extremely nervous when I met him. I tried to avoid looking at him and was talking mostly to his parents
Edited by Reenatyzed - 7 years ago
Reenatyzed thumbnail

Originally posted by: Reenatyzed

Reena Kapoor, the heroine of Woh Rehnewaali Mehlon Ki, is a typical Barjatya heroine. She is coy, saccharine sweet and sacrificing.In the serial, I had an arranged marriage; ditto in real life. Believe it or not, very often, the serial's story and my life's story were running on almost parallel track, whether it was my engagement or my marriage.

In the serial I meet Raj at the hospital where my father has been admitted. Fortunately, in my real life I didn't meet my husband Karan Nijhar in one. I met him at our Guruji's darbar. I was extremely nervous when I met him. I tried to avoid looking at him and was talking mostly to his parents

🤪

Word Count: 1

Reenatyzed thumbnail

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Reenatyzed thumbnail

NEW YORK: Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra and NASA astronaut Sunita Williams are going to be the star attractions at this year's India Day Parade to commemorate India's 60th Independence Day, in New York City on August 19.

At a press conference hosted by Globosat Entertainment at their studios in Long Island City for the Federation of Indian Associations (FIS) on July 31, the FIA revealed its grand plans to go above and beyond previous years to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of India's Independence. This year's parade -- the 27th consecutive parade in New York City - will have over 35 floats and more than 40 booths at the mela, according to FIA President Shobhna Patel.

"All these floats and booths were sold out in just one week," she said. "We are thrilled to see such support and excitement for this year's parade." FIA Publicity Chair, Sudhir Vaishnav announced that along with Grand Marshall Priyanka Chopra and Chief Guest Johnny Lever, NASA Astronaut Sunita Williams has joined the list of Guests of Honor that are attending. Additionally, Reena Kapoor, who plays Pari in the Sahara One hit drama Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki, will also be marching the parade, he announced.

Chairpersons for the Float, Parade, Banquet and Reception all shared new and exciting plans for the parade. Special Events Chair Albert Jasani revealed that the Gala Banquet Dinner at Royal Albert Palace on August 20 will be done in a different and special manner this year with a sit down dinner for all guests. Reena Kapoor will be the master of ceremonies.

The parade event sponsors were recognized and thanked by Vaishnav. FIA of the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut is one of the largest umbrella organizations in the Indian community. Representing over 300,000 Asian-Indians who provide significant grass root support, the organization has become a leader of its kind in the community.

The annual India Day Parade that marches down Madison Avenue in NYC is the largest such parade outside India, and is FIA's most prestigious event of the year. Beyond hosting the Parade, FIA is involved throughout the year in activities that build cultural awareness, honor war veterans, and provide the needful services for children and senior citizen