Talat Aziz tells his side of the story

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Talat Aziz tells his side of the story
By MIO Team
Nov 28, 2006, 20:09

Ghazal singer Talat Aziz leaves his footprints wherever he goes. He has the strength to capture the attention of the audience with his soulful ghazals and sweet personality. He enthralled the music lovers in Kanpur recently and performed at a charity show in the US. Another news is also doing round that he performed in Pakistan too but he has a different story to tell. He said that people of US appreciate good music but denied the rumors about his stint in Pakistan.

"I don't know where this news came from. I never performed in Pakistan. First of all, I would like to clarify that Indian artistes are not allowed to perform in Pakistan. I was on a four-day visit to the country on a personal invitation extended by Ghulam Ali sahab. At one of the gatherings that I attended, the guests evinced a keen desire to hear me sing. And I obliged with a few ghazals. That's it," clarified the singer.

He had acted in several television serials like 'Ghulam', 'Manzil', 'Sahil,' 'Sailaab,' 'Dil Apna Aur Preet Parayee' and 'Noorjehan' in the past but he just don't have time for it at the moment. He said that he would keep a safe distance from small screens, as he is busy with national and international concerts. He added that he would not return to acting just for the sake of staying in the limelight until a very good role comes by.

His wife Bina, who is a well-known painter, is his other half, as she hones his skills and inspires him. He never feels the heat competition from Sufi music, as he feels there is no Sufiyana music in the first place. He sees it as a marketing trick of music companies. He said that he just can't understand how Sufi singers could claim to entertain music lovers when the essence of Sufi kalaams of Mir or Ghalib have always been incorporated in ghazals. He added that categorizing artistes as Sufi singers is nothing but a marketing strategy to pull the crowds.

Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I thought they are allowed now. :s

Sonu did a whole concert there. confused!!!
Qwest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Talat Aziz tells his side of the story.!!

Sorry Dada some how missed a good article great post good know the real Story.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ya... i think unless they are invited (with govt approval.)legally. no one can perform ..coz he was invited on personal invitation bt Gulam Ali Saab

Thanks Bhai and feel good to listen abt themselves
arun_8687 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: egghatcher

No its still true that Pakis dont allow Indians to perform.......must be their inferiority complex about our stars....
Take Amitabh Bacchaan for instance.... Now they are advertising some Amzaad Bhaijaan a tall lanky guy but with effiminate voice .......
I understand Pervez is sending this fella to USA from the proceeds of his autobiography published in USA.......
So soon we hope to hear a baritone Amzaad Miyya in Dawn with Zeenat (?) in the cameo role...... She has begun priacticing her karate again .......(CHop chop Priyanka 😛 )
And playback is by Ghulam Ali Khan with music composed by Himmavati Silkmiyaa..... 👍🏼
adaab arrzz hai

What a buncha of wannabe losers 🤢
advil thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thankd BB,

Good article.Did not know this part.Wow they can pewrform everywhere wround the world and for the neighbouring country they need special permission...

Talat Aziz is good...😳

Edited by adi_0112 - 17 years ago
a_b thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx GB for the article 👏 👏