Meera in the news again!

Maha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Friday, June 24, 2005 Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly Version

Meera signs on for third Indian film with Ajay Devgan

By Shoaib Ahmed

LAHORE: Pakistani actress Meera has announced that she has signed on for her third film in India, Umraao Jan-e-Ada, with producer Afzal Khan. Ajay Devgan, the husband of actress Kajol, will star alongside her.

Talking to Daily Times on Wednesday, she said that she was going to India in July to take part in the shooting of the film.

Meera said that her second film Kasak with singer-cum-actor Lucky Ali, who is also producer of the film directed by Rajiv Babbar, has been completed. "I have performed the role of a nurse in Kasak and its songs are great," she said. "I have done the songs according to the demand of the role."

She said that she would perform in another film by Mahesh Bhatt, who directed her in Nazar. The name of the film had not been yet decided but its shooting would start in September, she added.

Meera said that Nazar did tremendous business all over the world and earned approximately Rs 180 million. She admitted that she had gained a bit of weight in Nazar and added that she was working to cut down.

The film caused controversy in Pakistan when it was reported that Meera was involved in some kissing scenes, but these were later dropped.

Meera said there were "radical elements" in the Indian film industry who opposed her, a Pakistani, starring in Indian movies, so she had got Canadian nationality "to shut them up".

She said that she was performing in Indian films to strengthen the peace process between the two countries.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sadaf18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

thanx for the article maha...

meera. a name i have come to hate more than ever. her film nazar was a stupid, time and money wasting movie. and she says that movie did alot of business all around the world!!😆 what is she talking about??

if her first movie, which she put so much "effort" into was a piece of junk, i can't imagine how her second movie is gonna be. ajay, allah tum ko strenght dai for working with meera...

canadian01 thumbnail
hi

well i agree with u sadaf i also didn't like tht movie.but i think tht tht's also wrong tht some people were giving threats 2 meera 4 killing her bcoz she had done a indian movie n also thr were some news about her role but look she didn't done anything wrong i admit tht she didn't did a good job by doin those scenes but i think tht pakistani punjabi movies r more cheap thn those scenes personally i don't like her 2 but at this point i m confused tht she is right or wrong.she looks more wrong 2 meee [;)]
i know lots of u guys don't think like me u guys think tht she is wrong so i m soooooo sorry if i have hurt any1 .

bye
Eman
sadaf18 thumbnail

hey don't sweat it Eman!!! it is perfectly fine...

personally, i hated her even before she did nazar...u r rite, it is not that she is any different in her indian movie than she is in the pakistani movie. but i just don't like the fact that she is letting her so called "fame" get to her head...it is like she is walking on the moon or something...

beauty_angel thumbnail

She gets loads offers.

gosh your going around the world.

aqsa--------

saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
she got canadian nationality jst to work in an Indian movie..wat a LOSER..
Mashal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
indians ko meera main nazer kia aya 😆
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mashal

indians ko meera main nazer kia aya 😆

wo jo hamain ab tak nazar nahi aaya....tabhi to movie ka naam bhi NAZAR tha..lol

i agree with eman and sadaf both...

theone_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Simply Stunning Great, Mashal Great........

Waise toh Kahna chahiye kay Nazar India may kisi ko Nazar hi Nahi aayi,

Actually its a Bhatt Camp movie and that guys camp is always meant for cheap , vulgar movies. Dunno who will watch that kinda movies not Indians Like me Im sure...........

Waise Meera main aisa kya hoga Jo Bhatts ko Nazar aya hoga ?????
I am wondering..........

Waise Miss Meera Pakistan main Nazar aati hai kya aap sab ko.

Saher.

theone_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sorry If i have hurt any Pro Meera Fans, they may be many.....But Jo Sach hai woh toh Sach hai....

Agree.Btw ,thanx for the info..........

Saher.