Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: willina

if you wanna question the wrongs, question the wrongs everywhere, not just against one particular government

This is the prerogative of that person, what wrongs they want to question. Certainly, questioning his govt is well within his right. Just because he doesn't question every wrong doesn't make his concerns invalid.
ponymo thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanky1

Really? It was all fake news.
People died because of some other reason and it was linked to this just because Kejri did not have any strong points to oppose.

It wasn't fake news. Many people died directly because of demonitization, many committed suicide too. People lost their whole year's perishable crop because no one was ready to buy their yield as no one had the cash in their hands. Many such cases. People are still suffering.
walkashame thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Now question his video also. Typical.
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

It wasn't fake news. Many people died directly because of demonitization, many committed suicide too. People lost their whole year's perishable crop because no one was ready to buy their yield as no one had the cash in their hands. Many such cases. People are still suffering.

Everybody was told to open bank accounts long back but if they even then did cash transactions to save themselves from tax then it is their mistake.
Do not want to blame the farmers but they could accept old notes and get it exchanged later.
Sherlock. thumbnail
BTW where were all these comedians when UPA was sucking blood out of people?? Farmer suicide was a daily news back then and now it has reduced a lot.
ponymo thumbnail

Everybody was told to open bank accounts long back but if they even then did cash transactions to save themselves from tax then it is their mistake.
Do not want to blame the farmers but they could accept old notes and get it exchanged later.

The govt cannot just force something upon someone and punish them if they didn't tow the line. Considering the poor banking infrastructure in the rural areas, it was a tall order for the govt to wish everyone would suddenly become financially literate.

Blaming it on poor farmers who struggle to make their ends meet is bizarre.
Sherlock. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

The govt cannot just force something upon someone and punish them if they didn't tow the line. Considering the poor banking infrastructure in the rural areas, it was a tall order for the govt to wish everyone would suddenly become financially literate.

Blaming it on poor farmers who struggle to make their ends meet is bizarre.

I clearly said I do not blame the farmers.

I don't know who are these farmers who suffered but I have spoken to my house maid, one poor tailor, veggie vendors near my house and everybody was very happy with the move. Nobody has complaints, they are happy finally something is happening in the country for the betterment of the poor.
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
God! Encouraging to open bank accounts was not forcing.. Jan dhan accounts were specifically beneficial for the poor as it had zero balance facility plus relaxed KYC norms... And as far as i know that a large section of rural population or poor population have got their accounts in banks.. And banking network is growing at a fast pace.. Bank branches are available in remote areas and villages as well... And govt is not punishing ppl for not opening their accounts 😆 It was a preplanned step, firstly encourage ppl to open bank accounts.. So now they can get their currency exchanged.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The Idea of demonitisation is good... But its equally sad that so many had to loose their lives over it.
What is the need of the hour, is for us common citizen to understand and make life easy for the unfortunate ones.

Speaking about Government, no government is saint. While Modi government has done some mistakes, the UPA isnt far behind in its share of mistakes.

All major scams happened during the UPA rule. Just that it didn't affect common people directly.

As for black money issue, it is serious and we need to deal with it. Also fake currency coming across border is also another big monster. So demonitization atleast curbed those issues a bit.

It will be better if celebs try to educated the people more then spreading negativity over such issues.

Everyone has the right to ask questions to the government. But some issues need to handled maturely, and Celebs are held more accountable cause they have tremendous fan following.

Edited by anjs - 7 years ago
ponymo thumbnail

I clearly said I do not blame the farmers.

I don't know who are these farmers who suffered but I have spoken to my house maid, one poor tailor, veggie vendors near my house and everybody was very happy with the move. Nobody has complaints, they are happy finally something is happening in the country for the betterment of the poor.

You said "It is their mistake", what is it if not blaming?

And just because your circle is happy doesn't mean the whole country is. I know my maid isn't! I know several others in my own circle who aren't.