5 Stages of Grief: YVR Edition

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
"The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief" - grief.com/

Since the news broke out that YVR will be taking a major leap, leaving us with a completely different cast (minus Sonal and Rinku) I have felt as if my entire world just came crashing down (jks 😆...). Without Ankush Arora as the lead (he doesn't even have to play Kartik- he can clearly bring any character to life, and I would still feel drawn to it [proof: Krishna]) I don't believe there is a reason to continue watching YVR (a choice I felt is befitting for me)... I have been coming back to this forum... to stay connected to all of you, rant, and express my dismay... And, I realized that what I was doing was part of the 5 stages of grief 😆... So here it is... The 5 stages of grief: YVR edition (feel free to add anything I may have missed.. or your own versions 😃)

Denial: I read the news once, twice and again... still, I could NOT believe it... How could the writers do this to KarVi... Survi DEAD... after all that "superwoman" stuff (worst part of the show... it cost us so many great KarVi moments, and more realistic developments in their resaltionship and life 😡- as a woman I despise such female characters... they make me feel like I need to work towards this unattainable status to prove my feminity/womanhood to be categorized as a "good girl"). And, Ankush Arora exiting the show... what the what!!🤢 Like, why would you take away the one thing that kept me coming back despite some of the worst twists made in the name of adding suspense/a dramatic touch... 😕 I seriously thought the news was a complete joke, and that even if there was a leap... the writers would figure out some way to keep SonKush together... Sadly, this was so not the case 😭

Anger: I was pissed... first the writers decided to ruin several storylines in favour of depicting the female lead as some godess/saviour... and brought in some of the most weirdest and offesive story arcs (yes, I am refering to that meher track... like what the 😡... clearly did not bring awareness to mental health/mental illness... rather made it seem like a joke and demonized it (my opinion)... with all those lovely KarVi scenes... how could they not have thought of a better villain/story arc... like have Kartik support Survi to go back to Med school...)...

Bargaining: Then I thought, wait... maybe the the channel is placing the PH in a position where they had to do something dramatic... And so I tried msging Mahesh Pandey proposing a storylinee that could potentially work for both of us... you get your dramatic new storyline... I get to continue seeing my fav cast members on screen... Clearly... as a fan... my 2 cents means nothing to them 🥺

Depression: Crushed... that's it... that's the word that best describes how I felt... How am I supposed to go about my life without the escape that KarVi/SonKush/Taayi-Pyare brought me....😭

Acceptance: Haven't made it here yet... but, I am getting there...As long as Ankush Arora is back on my screen with a bigger and better project that gives him a great platform to showcase his acting talent... I will be fine... Hopefully, this project will include Gaurav (Pyare) and Rinku (Taayi) too... making way for an awesome Comedic Trio... I'd love to see them in a show with lots of comedy 😆 (Their scenes as Taayi/Pyare/Krishna were hilarious- again, so much potential and so much comedic chemistry...) And maybe one day we will get SonKush back on our screens together...😳
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kiara26 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have this sinking feeling, everytime I think of the impending doom... 😭

You have brought out the angst of YVR/Ankush loyalists beautifully.. great post

Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The deep impact fiction has on the psyche of viewers,readers is startling.That's the power of art,the power of storytelling & the power of actors who bring to life the characters on screen,making us cry,making us smile,making us undergo all the emotions along with them as they keep enacting them onscreen
For me YVR story made me do all this.
Knowing every good thing has to come to an end,but then never did I expect the makers to come up with such a cruel ending for Karvi
So yes,like you,I went through all the phases as well.As for acceptance,I don't know the extent to which I have succeeded in accepting the truth but I can't help but have this really positive feeling about Ankush & everyone associated with the show.for the future as far as achievements in their personal & professional lives are concerned.As for overcoming my sadness about the end to Karvi story,am trying not to be sad about what could have been,rather trying to feel happy & blessed cause I was lucky enough to get to see them.That's the only way I know how to deal with the mess.And am still trying

Lovely post again Thaniya.Thank you so much
sreeya852 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vanellope

The deep impact fiction has on the psyche of viewers,readers is startling.That's the power of art,the power of storytelling & the power of actors who bring to life the characters on screen,making us cry,making us smile,making us undergo all the emotions along with them as they keep enacting them onscreen

For me YVR story made me do all this.
Knowing every good thing has to come to an end,but then never did I expect the makers to come up with such a cruel ending for Karvi
So yes,like you,I went through all the phases as well.As for acceptance,I don't know the extent to which I have succeeded in accepting the truth but I can't help but have this really positive feeling about Ankush & everyone associated with the show.for the future as far as achievements in their personal & professional lives are concerned.As for overcoming my sadness about the end to Karvi story,am trying not to be sad about what could have been,rather trying to feel happy & blessed cause I was lucky enough to get to see them.That's the only way I know how to deal with the mess.And am still trying

Lovely post again Thaniya.Thank you so much

Thank you Gopa! The post was supposed to be a little more light-hearted... not sure how it turned out 😆

But, still... I am just going back and forth from denial to anger...

This is why artistes who decide to pursue their passion as a career need to work towards saving from day 1... anything can happen overnight...
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugarpuff1992hi

Thank you Gopa! The post was supposed to be a little more light-hearted... not sure how it turned out 😆

Haha,guess I took it way too seriously then 😆

But, still... I am just going back and forth from denial to anger...

This is why artistes who decide to pursue their passion as a career need to work towards saving from day 1... anything can happen overnight...

So true.

Word Count: 1

sreeya852 thumbnail

I think I am finally starting to accept it... just canceled my subscription to ZEE TV... best to ditch the show now, than have to go through the stages of grief all over again...
My ending to the show is as follows:

-Kartik gets better, and decides to take out some money from his savings and take Survi, Kushi and his mom to a far off place where they can start all over and be a regular family without the fear of Taayi striking at any given moment... Kartik leaves all his property to Aniket to take care of the rest of the family, Barve Mansion and business.

-Aniket decides to take Taayi, Pyare and Bindu in, and with the help of Kishore and Hema punish them in their own way.

The End 👍🏼

So, that's it from me. Good Bye!!!😎
It was fun while it lasted... Gopa, I am counting on you to keep me posted on Ankush's next project
If, and only if, by some odd chance Ankush continues to be part of YVR, and is paired opposite Sonal, do let me know Gopa... cause if that is the case, I am going to have to figure out how to get back ZEE TV...😆 From what the cable company told me... its a simple process...😳
Now, I am off to a land with no drama, twists or turns 🤗
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago