Discussion:Astitva/Coincidences/Accidents

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

The word Astitva, I have heard, has another meaning as well, which is not the same as the ones we've discussed before....

That meaning is that Astitva = Nature + GOD...

This leads me to think that the world, the universe, everything is made from nature and there is only one GOD, so therefore everything is connected. I suppose you can say it is connected through the Soul and perhaps the soul of the world is Nature and Nature comes from GOD.

If this is the case, then the saying that "Everything happens for a reason" holds perfectly true.

In Astitva - Ek Prem Kahani, we have seen many many times how so many coincidences take place to bring about a particular result....Ok, I know it is a story, but so many of us Astitvans feel it is quite realistic as well, and that is part of its charisma (as well Dr. Simran, of coursešŸ˜‰).

So, I would like to put forward as the discussion for the next fortnight, a topic on coincidences in the following ways;

1) Coincidences that have taken place in our lives that then become apparent as if they are part of another bigger plan by GOD...or NATURE ... or ASTITVA.

2) Coincidences in this particular serial that were very interesting and that we can discuss. Some examples are;

• Sia being Sids friends friend...how ironic is that?
  • Sia ending up in Goa?
  • Sia seeing the bag she had given Divya on a little girl in the street (this one is a bit way out and not as believable as the previous two, but still);
  • Simran being in Goa at that particular time;
  • Gudiya and her friends are in a car that breaks down right in front of Gudiya's Nani's house;
  • The way Abhi met Dr. Simran whilst taking a picture;
  • Abhi running away - meets Neha - who helps him become an excellent journalist/writer;

These are just some thoughts I've had and I've only outlined them very briefly, but you can see what I'm getting at.

So come on peeps - get your fingers out and type away - I'm sure there are many coincidences we can discuss, and I'm sure they will make interesting reading.

Cheers

Moderator and Viewbie Team, IF

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Innocentindian and forum friends,

Didn't know that Astitva has another meaning.My Signature says it all.....I do believe that nature and all natural phenomena are manifestations of God Himself.

I also believe that everything happens for a reason.I am not a fatalist but I try to accept situations and see the brighter side of things even in tough times.When good things happen to us we accept them as a blessing from God but when things don't work out we ask Him "why me"?

I agree that although Astitva is only a serial, but many of us can identify with it's various characters and situations.That's exactly what makes us debate on various issues and treat them all like real,live persons around us.

Coincidences are factual experiences of life...they don't exist only in movies and stories.Some incidences could be far fetched as they have to make things happen to be able to continue the story.

I can recall several such coincidences in my life but keeping in mind the impracticality of doing so, I'll share the most important one of how I met my husband.

It's only after our marriage that we learnt that we had crossed paths and had not even noticed each other.A distant cousin's wife once told me that her brother was getting married.To my pleasant surprise the girl turned out to be my college mate.I knew her well but we weren't very good friends.Both the girls had married at a young age whilst in college..After my graduation,nearly after 3 years,they coaxed me to meet this boy they knew.They did all the required PR for me and I met him and his family.It was love at first sight for me.I truely believe that these girls came into my life to find my husband for me.It may not seem so to others because I have not written in detail.(Please forgive me if you got bored)

As far as the coincidences in Astitva are pointed out, except for the bag incident and the breakdown of their car close to nani's house,I think all the other incidents are possible.

I used to find Simran and Abhi's (with Kiran)crossing paths in restaurants also quite real.If people are living in the same suburb and have the same food tastes it's quite possible.

I wish for all our members to have beautiful coincidences that bring happiness in their lives.

Cheers,

Akshata

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago
vvrsun thumbnail

One should not read too much into the filmi or tv coincidences. After all they are only situations contrived by the directors to hold the audience in thrall, and to bring the story to a conclusion.

Why should the character Divya have a passion for the color yellow? She was quickly taken out of the serial, and only caused the serial to go for 5/6 episodes, with a lot of scope for Nikki to emote, and the viewers to hope that she was Simran's long lost daughter. Was it a coincidence?

Of course Sia could easily be Sid's friend's friend. After all Indians in London are concentrated in a few places, and can easily become acquainted.

As far as Sia's ending up in Goa, well, she was investigating her friends' murder, and they had gone to Goa in search of Anand.

Sia seeing the bag is a situation contrived by the director so that Anand's name could be cleared, and also paving the way for Sia's romantic/emotional (call it what you want) involvement with Anand. Still and all, Goa is not a very big place, so it could be a coincidence!

Was Simran in Goa at that time? I must have missed something.

Another contrived situation. An emotionally stressed woman living far away from 'civilization'? Gimme a break!

I didn't see the earliest episodes. I came in only when Abhi started his affair with his model, Kiran, so I can't say anything on Abhi & Simran meeting.

Abhi keeps running away all the time, so it is not a coicidence, but natural!

Kiran1977 thumbnail

Hi everybody,

Nice topic.

I totally agree, with Akshata that God, nature and concidence are all part of something bigger than most (certainly me) can understand. Everything happens for a reason. Accidents and concidence may lead to insight in ones character. ( hopefully when we are all old, we understand the bigger plan )

I can only speak for myself that I never thought I was as strong as I am. Only an accident a couple of years back made me realise this. This realisation was not at the time the accident happened, but a bit later. My believe in myself, in people and in God are so strong. It was even when I was a child but only after I met with an accident I realised all these things about myself.

I agree with VVRSUN, Astitva is only a serial, fiction! A lot of events in this serial are too far fetched. But people relate to this serial because they identify with the characters or know someone who looks like a character of Astitva.

DiVaA thumbnail

Hi ppl,

Im Shereen a newbie from Singapore. šŸ˜Š.

Correct me if im wrong but im really gettin puzzled wz dis serials. Coincidences are one thing but at times i feel so silly and wondered if they r insulting my intelligence wz their ever thickening confusing plots.

Funnily, the wigs seem to play a big part..still dont understand Y they decided to get rid of Sia's half way..hmm..or did her hair grow overnite or sprung up after the joy of meeting her long lost parents!šŸ˜†

Then, the bit on Piya ka ghar..(sorry ppl, i noe dis is not the correct thread but since v r on the sub of coincidences,etc), how can a mother and daughter look exactly the same and to make it more obvious, the producers allow the daughter to impersonate the mum without a hitch! I hv heard of identical twins, hey but arent twins suppd to hv been born almost same time and how can a mum and daughter be born at same time?? beats me šŸ˜•

I do love this yummy serials..but just wish dat the producers will make them more realistic and not play with our minds!

hey ..no offence..just ma take!adioooooooos

Aloo_gobi thumbnail

Hi All,

A very interesting topic indeedā€¦ Astitva as mentioned earlier in previous discussions is our identity or existence. Also now, it is God and Nature.

I think this is a topic well beyond human existence and identity, it is more philosophical. I know everyone has their own belief system, but I do believe there is a God up there who controls us in some form or manner. I found this definition of 'coincidence':

"A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged"

Now it seems ironic that Astitva = God, Nature, Identity, where this definition of 'coincidence' implies that there is some form of destiny control over where someone out there is planning our lives .. like they all things happen for a reason. Therefore this would ultimately suggest that things do not happen coincidentally, it is part of a plan which God has laid out for us.

In relation to Simran's life, I do believe that it wasn't coincidental the method Sia came into her life, neither the way Abhi came back into her life either. However, the method in which Sia spotted Divya's handbag was completely silly in my opinionā€¦but then again, who knows whether this is all part of God's game planā€¦

The thing is in reality we do not notice our coincidences as muchā€¦imagine walking down the street and bumping into one of your old friendsā€¦this does happen but we are ignorant of it ā€¦ however in soaps we tend to notice it moreā€¦ I hope my point is clearā€¦

One of the biggest 'coincidences' people may not realise is that simran's father was cheating on his wife, and then it happened to Simranā€¦is this a coincidence or Nature taking control again?

Thing is when can we distinguish when something is planned without our control and when it isn'tā€¦answer is we cantā€¦ it is all upto each individual on how they interpret their own lives. In my life, I and God play a big part ā€“ we are intertwined together, I make go against God's plan, then he may plan something else to punish or reward meā€¦ I do believe in destiny but also believe it can be changedā€¦ and coincidences are all involved in thisā€¦just like it is in Astitva.

Hope what I said makes senseā€¦it is complicated and hard to explainā€¦

Thanks

Aloo Gobi

(ps..hope i didnt bore you all, i know i went on a bit!)

Texan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I guess they call it Soap Opera for a reasonšŸ˜Š.

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

First of all, i will like to compliment Aloo for a great reply. I really loved reading it...

Talking of life, i would say that destiny and coincidences are a part of life. I am a firm believer in Destiny. As the saying goes, What is Destined to Happen, will Happen. So, there are no ifs and buts in life. We just cannot say that we would have been in a different manner if such an incident had not occured. No, there is no space for Ifs/Buts in life. We get a life in which our fate and destiny is already written. Nothing can alter it. Circumstances and situations we face in life are a result of this destiny.

I became a staunch believer in Destiny after seeing thro' my eyes, one such play of God, one such destined act. It so happened that one of my cousin brother was looking for a proper alliance. It so happened that he along with his parents had come over to my father's place, to see a girl. During the same time, from nowhere, one of my mother's close friends came home, said, her daughter is studying in the same place we lived. She is in the hostel. The mother said her daughter feels lonely, so asked my mother to take care of her.

So my cousin and his parents came to my house. At a specific time, the girl who was talked of as a possible alliance for him, came to meet him. When the alliance girl was at my place, my mother's friend's daughter also came home as it was a weekend. (My mother had asked her to feel at home, come when she has time). So both the girls were there. My cousin was talking to the probable alliance girl in one room. I was with my mother's friend's daughter in another room. It so happened that my cousin did not like the girl who came to see him. Instead, he fell for my mother's friend's daughter, who was our guest. Slowly, things materialised, both parents agreed, they are happliy married today. So this incident i saw with my own eyes, i could not stop thinking that they were destined to get married, so we were just a path for them to meet. They had to spend their life together, so they met, so they got married. What bigger example can i give to prove Destiny?

Now, moving to coincidences and destiny in the serial Astitva, as Aloo said, it is a big coincidence that Saurabh cheated on his wife, Simran was also cheated by her husband.
But, the most surprising factor to me remains the fact that Simran has been shown as a very successful doctor, always getting her patients out of trouble. But, at home, she treated just two cases. They were Anandi and Neha. But, both saw unexpected death during childbirth. So, what do you call this? If at all, Anandi was saved by Simran, life would not have been so bad for Simran. Abhi's mother would not have developed so much of a hatred for Simran. If only Neha was saved by Simran, Neha would have lived to understand Abhi-Simran's friendship, tried to bridge gaps, be friendly with Simran. So ,as i already said, there is not place for Ifs/Buts.

Two other great coincidences that hit me hard are, Sia finding the bag in a girl's hand, Astha's car giving way just near Radha's house.

So, i end by saying that Coincidences and Destiny play a major part in life. But the line between our own deeds and Destiny is very thin, very narrow. So, one should follow a principle in life. Always do your best in all walks of life, if you succeed, you desrved it, but if not, do not worry, you never had it in you to get it. But the basic thing is we cannot just keep sitting, expecting a thing to happen. We have to do our best, then expect results. If we are Destined to get it in life, we will surely get it. If not, no hard feelings.