Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
About Aniket turning negative,I saw Bharat(Actor playing Aniket ) having shared a post of his when he got the role of Aniket.He mentioned that he had been roped in to play a negative role in YVR
So Aniket was supposed to turn negative but then he stayed positive & then they made him disappear after Karvi's marriage.There was this one instance when I thought he would turn negative sooner or later,that would be after Survi agrees to marrying Aniket & Lata under the influence of some drug ( Tai's doing ) tries to go at Survi with a knife & Kartik intervenes ending up hurting himself.Aniket sees Survi's concern for Kartik & his expressions made me feel,he was gonna be the villain & would try to separate Karvi.I guess that was the plan,even if the scene wasn't a hint but BHarat's post definitely makes it look like that way,But I wonder why they didn't go for the track cause YVR was doing very well on the TRP charts then.Also like I mentioned before Vaishali ( Actress who played Simmi ) she was supposed to be the parallel lead,but then her role didn't turn out the way she had been apprised of before & she quit

And so yeah like you mentioned in your post,it could have been interesting & maybe TRPs would have been good if they had tried to explore that option instead of going for the Meher track which totally failed.Even after Krishna track,I thought now is when Aniket turns negative cause he doesn't know Lata was the one who got him kidnapped & not Tai & so he might be back for revenge.That could have been better than Ichha track.No doubt Ankush performed very well as a mentally challenged person but then the TRP audience never goes for a track other than a romantic one & so the TRPs kept dipping until they had to go for a revamp

About limiting the female characters into two categories of only either good or bad,thereby making them hard to relate to & severely limiting the actor's potential to perform,this I completely agree with

They provided justification for Tai's evil acts & it worked for me until Kartik decided to address all the complaints Tai had about him not fulfilling his promise & hands her over his entire property & leaves with his family before Meher comes in.Cause yeah until then,Tai's hate for Survi,I could understand,her increasing insecurity seeing how much Kartik loved Survi,I could understand,also understood why she must have felt she was entitled to everything cause that's how Bhau had influenced her,that they helped Kartik when noone would & so he would have to repay her & so with every passing day she feels Kartik didn't keep the promise he made her,rather gave it his all for the promise he made to Shrikant,her fears made worse when she learns about Shrikant having made 50% partner.With her husband dead & 3 little kids,Kartik was the one she depended upon
And so all her grievances should have come to an end with that magnanimous gesture by Kartik
And so it seemed to me,cause after that Tai took a backseat & they focussed on Meher

But then the TRPs dipped & it looked like they had to do away with Meher & everything they had planned for her & brought Tai back cause Tai & her conspiracy worked in the past.Meher track was supposed to go on for a while but had to be scrapped with the TRPs showing no improvement,also contrary to media reports ,Meher's brother was supposed to be a positive character & he showed signs of it in the initial episodes but ultimately he turned out to be a murderer as well & made an exit

So pressed on by the TRP pressure,is what I feel they went back to all big bad Tai & superwoman Survi

With Tai having lost justification for all her doings after the Meher track,what she did afterwards couldn't connect with the audience I guess.Cause it's not like Kartik didn't keep his promise.He gave her his everything & she was the one who lost it all cause of some stupid moneymaking scheme
And so while before,they had been able to make Tai not bad for the sake of being bad,but as someone who felt was wronged & so had to be bad but afterwards she just turned pure evil losing all justification for everything she did

The only character that remained the saving grace would be Kartik's who I felt tended towards an anti hero,even moreso after the 7 year leap.Essentially good,he wouldn't shy away from showing his bad side when messed with.Kartik could be loving,but then he could be angry,frustrated,vulnerable,emotional,he could be rash but everything made him so much more human.Kartik's character brought so many shades of a human being & that provided so much scope for Ankush to perform which he did brilliantly

Rinku is one powerful performer & Sonal is talented as well & both would have no doubt been able to do total justice if given the chance to be something more than just the " pure evil Tai " & " the all good Survi " But then will have to blame the TRPs & the maker's inability to explore this option & inability to strike a balance between getting in the desired TRPs by throwing in just the right amount of things that a TRP audience looks for & still be able to make an engaging story with the accompanying & much desired character development

Sadly none of this could happen

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was the problem... with Tai, they tried to force upon the audience the justification for her actions... and it was always difficult to digest... and that is when the trps started dropping. When they concentrated on KarVi and their emotions and developing their relationship while properly paying heed to their history was when I liked the show.
They should have gone with the original story line and made Aniket have negative shades- the actor would've done a wonderful job.

I find I can pick up on what direction a track or story may be headed, which isn't a bad thing, because it means we are invested. They big twists, that are hard to explain and even harder to understand should be limited... Too much can be overwhelming and can turn viewers off... which is what happened with YVR.

The accelerated pace of the series made it so that the characters had to be clearly defined as 'good' or 'bad'- in this day and age, that could work for a program directed towards a much younger audience... but for teens and adults, being asked to accept these boxes, even if it is onscreen, is difficult and boring task... and takes away from the realistic appeal of characters... leading to a disconnection with the story

Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago
XScarletHeartX thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sugarpuff1992hi

The disappearing characters was annoying... I feel like we have shared similar views earlier on, yet very little was taken into consideration. times are changing... there is only so much we can overlook...

what are your thoughts about having characters written off as good or bad... leaving very room in between for them to show more human emotions...

@red i didnt get
XScarletHeartX thumbnail
some thoughts which i recently remembered
- kartik knows that tai is evil but still trusts her , like maybe many times that tai broke his trust but still he think she is good now lets trust on her , i understand that kartik is innocent , but 1 time trust kiya tai ko , aur tai ne trust ko tod diya but baar baar , nahi chalta na man , they always repeat it , from which the viewers get tired to see it
- something that seemed stupid to me , i mean when they plan something , the good team , cant they be little smart and close the door or go and plan somewhere none comes , and do it secretly , like they do it in public place , everyone can see , the tai team means the bad team can hear them .

puja0802 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Shamoo--

i had many thoughts while watching the show when i used to watch it

but i remember some right now
1. they should have avoided unneccessary leaps in the show !

2. they shouldn't had to separate the leads everytime , like after every separation only one love scene then again the cycle starts again the separation , plz let us just enjoy the karvi scenes , itna dukh diya lekin khushi bas ek pal keliye for the fans , why ?

3. they should have shown all the characters , i mean some of the characters always disappear , like simmi and her mother disappeared , none knows where did they and suddenly the house became of srikant because before the house was of simmi and her mother , and yeah remember after leap survi had some guy with him , where did he go ? disspeared , after first karvi marriage , aniket said something and disspeared , returned after 7 years+ 6 months , thats a long period none asked also nor called him , one more where are bindu and hema's kids , none declared that where are they , they should avoid the disspearence of characters , one more is there ,
jitin! where is jitin ? na koi pata na phone call to his friend survi , pata nahi aur kitne characters dissapear hogaye

fully agree with u πŸ‘πŸΌ
sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

some thoughts which i recently remembered

- kartik knows that tai is evil but still trusts her , like maybe many times that tai broke his trust but still he think she is good now lets trust on her , i understand that kartik is innocent , but 1 time trust kiya tai ko , aur tai ne trust ko tod diya but baar baar , nahi chalta na man , they always repeat it , from which the viewers get tired to see it
- something that seemed stupid to me , i mean when they plan something , the good team , cant they be little smart and close the door or go and plan somewhere none comes , and do it secretly , like they do it in public place , everyone can see , the tai team means the bad team can hear them .

The repetition of Tayi's character was very boring, and off-putting... After the 7 year leap... I was hoping they would develop Tayi's character rather make her out to be a murderous, heartless villain again 😭

Bold: Yes! A lot of what they incorporated for plot development was poorly done, and really made me feel stupid (if any of you ever decide to write for a series, never do that... you always need to strike a balance with the audience... respect their intelligence, while incorporating interesting twists: YVR seriously failed at this)- the only reason they were able to redeem themselves and keep going in my opinion was because of KarVi/SonKush/KarShi/and the rare light-hearted moments- for me, Ankush's acting led me to overlook this πŸ˜†
XScarletHeartX thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugarpuff1992hi

The repetition of Tayi's character was very boring, and off-putting... After the 7 year leap... I was hoping they would develop Tayi's character rather make her out to be a murderous, heartless villain again 😭

Bold: Yes! A lot of what they incorporated for plot development was poorly done, and really made me feel stupid (if any of you ever decide to write for a series, never do that... you always need to strike a balance with the audience... respect their intelligence, while incorporating interesting twists: YVR seriously failed at this)- the only reason they were able to redeem themselves and keep going in my opinion was because of KarVi/SonKush/KarShi/and the rare light-hearted moments- for me, Ankush's acting led me to overlook this πŸ˜†

ikr
how she gets happiness while seeing other in pain πŸ₯±

and ya i agree only karvishi and light hearted moments were best in the serial , ankush's acting is bygod awsm! anyone would love itπŸ˜‰
Vanellope thumbnail

ikr

how she gets happiness while seeing other in pain πŸ₯±

and ya i agree only karvishi and light hearted moments were best in the serial , ankush's acting is bygod awsm! anyone would love itπŸ˜‰

Ankush is just

XScarletHeartX thumbnail
ikr😳
and love the way ur using gifs in every post of ursπŸ˜ƒ
Vanellope thumbnail

ikr😳

and love the way ur using gifs in every post of ursπŸ˜ƒ