Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
So much potential... oh well... I'd like to think KarVishi lived a happy life together with Karvi baby #2 ☺️ (I can't help it...it's the work of my inner fangirl πŸ˜†)
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago
kiara26 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
For me it was always KarVi story.. anyways for me it ends here.. over n out
puja0802 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
leap se better tha show ko end kar dete
sreeya852 thumbnail
πŸ˜ƒ I have surpassed the stages of grief Time to celebrate πŸ₯³I have learned my lesson... never get too involved in a show... πŸ˜†
sreeya852 thumbnail
Although I have accepted the end of YVR, the bitter after taste continues...
I still wonder what could have been of YVR... a story that had so much potential... it was different, and I expected so many things to be touched upon in a sensitive and mature manner, but it was all forgone for the sake of TRPs... leaving us with drama that I could not comprehend... When I started taking part in this forum, I felt a need to sugarcoat my critiques only because I still had hope and thought someone from the PH was reading what we had to say... I wish they had taken some of our suggestions more seriously, and incorporated it into the show...

Some recent thoughts of how I would have liked YVR to progress:

1. Vishaka's character: I did not like her... she played the stereotypical "vamp"... they used her habits of partying and so on to depict her as "bad"... I wish they had not done this... it just feeds into existing stereotypes of women, and people in general... They could have had Vishaka be someone who did not have ulterior motives of stepping foot in to the Barve house, this would have given Roshini/Survi more room to enact a character who did not want Kartik to marry Vishaka because of what she felt for him, and not have any other justification for her way of thinking, other than maybe have Kartik admit he did not feel anything for Vishaka...

Whenever Sonal/Survi was portrayed as being jealous of another woman in Kartik's life, the other woman was always placed in the box of the "vamp"... which is why I felt YVR should have explored Simran's character more, and her feelings for Kartik, and how Survi felt about it... Would Survi had forsaken her love for Kartik (based on respect, and a 8 year history) for the sake of her friend, who spoke up for her against her own mother, and supported and trusted her no matter what Survi hid from her? - A characteristic we knew Kartik had when it came to Aniket... Or would we have seen Survi have to fight her feelings for Kartik, even after he realized his own... or try to work things out with Simran so neither would get hurt...

I've mentioned this before, but I would have liked to have seen Kartik make out why he loved Survi, despite just stating they have history... and actually understand why he would still choose her even if she were to make bad decisions that he did not support or understand... the history was there, but despite that we saw Kartik liking survi for her "good-girl" qualities... if he had come across similar qualities in another girl interested in him... how would Kartik have enacted the internal battle of wanting to choose Survi due to the history...

I will likely come back here to incorporate anymore critiques or "what if's" story-lines of YVR season 1... I would love for any of you to do the same I would love to read more of your opinions around the rushed progression and lack of character development. I would also like to hear more about your interpretations of the characters and their relations based on the developments that did make its way in the show πŸ‘πŸΌ I find the later of which I have read in the earlier posts made the show more appealing and helped me look past so much of what did not work for me...

The interpretations of simple dialogues or the body language of the actors as they portrayed their characters made scenes so much more appealing... and gave much more life to the show... I believe the existence of such interpretations, of a viewer, is a compliment to the direction and camera work ...a viewers interpretation of a piece of art/scene/show truly does make a difference in how it is received and remembered...❀️

KarShi was an example of something that worked so well for me... I could not help but interpret every action, dialogue of Ankush and Harbandana to make it outshine everything else... I also really loved Kartik's scenes with Ria and Rohit, and till this day am extremely upset they didn't give us more... I would have loved to have seen Kartik have a talk with Ria about how he still loves her as he always has and would, despite the entrance of Kushi in his life 😳 Ankush's chemistry with the child actors was truly amazing... I had to remind myself quite often that he is still in his early 20's and not a father in real-life, because of how well he played the role πŸ‘ I never needed to see any behind-the-scenes content with him and other actors... cause either way his onscreen chemistry with every character was just wow ⭐️ Although, I would have like to have seen more of Kartik interact with his employees to justify why they liked him so much... even if he went through a phase of being out of touch with his emotions post the 8 year leap πŸ˜† - it is the absence of such scenes that I still regret to have not witnessed... They tried to have some of it before the 8 year leap... but, after the justification for some relations just went down the drain (ex. all of the random people who helped tai carry out her evil plans... fear and money should never be enough to justify it, especially when it is a small scale enmity within family)

All of the above could at some point be taken into consideration and applied to the new season (doubt it though πŸ˜†)... but at the end of the day... after the big Simmi/Survi reveal I have only been watching this show for Ankush and his portrayal of Kartik and Krishna and the chemistry he shared with other characters onscreen, and Rinku/Gaurav's comedy...😳
XScarletHeartX thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
amazing post dear!
u just described ankush in such a small msg !
i truely agree with u
now im not gonna watch as ankush is making an exit
bt will wish him all the best
cant wait for him to come in a new show
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Never really thought much about Vishakha.Money was all she wanted
Survi's being insecure and jealous is one thing they never touched upon.They could have done that with Simmi which they didn't.Interestingly when the the leap of the news was out,articles mentioned Vaishali being roped in to play the parallel lead.But we got to see very less of her & eventually she quit.
I still remember my mom having predicted about Survi going the Aniket route,once she gets to know about Simmi's feelings for Kartik which would hurt Kartik even more & make him angrier.That Kartik already reeling from Survi leaving him 8 years ago will see this as Survi betraying his trust once more.Looking back,that could have been interesting

About Ankush bringing to life every aspect of kartik brilliantly & more beautifully that of a father,even my mom remarked as to how the happiness on his face is how a real parent would react & that he is able to showcase those emotions is remarkable.

Gaurav is one talented actor.Perfect comic timing & can be villainous as well.As for Rinku,she is just wow
sreeya852 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vanellope

Survi's being insecure and jealous is one thing they never touched upon.They could have done that with Simmi which they didn't.Interestingly when the the leap of the news was out,articles mentioned Vaishali being roped in to play the parallel lead.But we got to see very less of her & eventually she quit.
I still remember my mom having predicted about Survi going the Aniket route,once she gets to know about Simmi's feelings for Kartik which would hurt Kartik even more & make him angrier.That Kartik already reeling from Survi leaving him 8 years ago will see this as Survi betraying his trust once more.Looking back,that could have been interesting

I figured they had planned for Aniket and Simran to have a bigger role πŸ˜†... it would have been more interesting, and would have provided KarVi's relationship, and their characters with some much needed development πŸ˜›

It would have definitely been an interesting track, the reason for KarVi's separation sounds much less dramatic than having Taayi pushing Lata off the factory roof, which left her in a coma for 8 years, and ultimately blaming it all on Survi πŸ˜† Aniket too would have made a nice villain, with the presence of Simran as a potential pair for him, leaving room for redemption ... I am sure the story-line would have given us lots of interactions between Taayi and Simran's mom... I remember their unspoken dramatic competition when KarVi went missing πŸ˜†- I would have loved more scenes like that, especially πŸ˜ƒ

I was wondering if any of you noticed how in YVR1 they leaned towards boxing female characters, leaving no room for an in-between... there was room for redemption for Hema, but Survi, Taayi, and others were either good or bad... Tayi and Survi's characters took a beating during the team's decision to rush the tracks, because it was always the same... Taayi would come up with some murderous, nonsensical plan and Survi would be forced to put on her cape and fly in to the rescue of everyone else πŸ˜† making both difficult to relate to... Hopefully this will not be the case in part 2 πŸ˜‰
XScarletHeartX thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i had many thoughts while watching the show when i used to watch it
but i remember some right now
1. they should have avoided unneccessary leaps in the show !

2. they shouldn't had to separate the leads everytime , like after every separation only one love scene then again the cycle starts again the separation , plz let us just enjoy the karvi scenes , itna dukh diya lekin khushi bas ek pal keliye for the fans , why ?

3. they should have shown all the characters , i mean some of the characters always disappear , like simmi and her mother disappeared , none knows where did they and suddenly the house became of srikant because before the house was of simmi and her mother , and yeah remember after leap survi had some guy with him , where did he go ? disspeared , after first karvi marriage , aniket said something and disspeared , returned after 7 years+ 6 months , thats a long period none asked also nor called him , one more where are bindu and hema's kids , none declared that where are they , they should avoid the disspearence of characters , one more is there ,
jitin! where is jitin ? na koi pata na phone call to his friend survi , pata nahi aur kitne characters dissapear hogaye

sreeya852 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Shamoo--

i had many thoughts while watching the show when i used to watch it

but i remember some right now
1. they should have avoided unneccessary leaps in the show !

2. they shouldn't had to separate the leads everytime , like after every separation only one love scene then again the cycle starts again the separation , plz let us just enjoy the karvi scenes , itna dukh diya lekin khushi bas ek pal keliye for the fans , why ?

3. they should have shown all the characters , i mean some of the characters always disappear , like simmi and her mother disappeared , none knows where did they and suddenly the house became of srikant because before the house was of simmi and her mother , and yeah remember after leap survi had some guy with him , where did he go ? disspeared , after first karvi marriage , aniket said something and disspeared , returned after 7 years+ 6 months , thats a long period none asked also nor called him , one more where are bindu and hema's kids , none declared that where are they , they should avoid the disspearence of characters , one more is there ,
jitin! where is jitin ? na koi pata na phone call to his friend survi , pata nahi aur kitne characters dissapear hogaye

The disappearing characters was annoying... I feel like we have shared similar views earlier on, yet very little was taken into consideration. times are changing... there is only so much we can overlook...

what are your thoughts about having characters written off as good or bad... leaving very room in between for them to show more human emotions...