YVR season 1: The thoughts and critiques of a fan girl

sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I started watching YVR around the time when Meher's track was ending. At first I was not too interested. What stood out the most to me was Kartik's character. Before Kartik, I was under the impression that hindi dramas revolved around love stories, with male leads who were rich, stuck up, macho-like men who manhandled the female lead, and had difficulty showing or feeling emotions (I came across the first tamil dubbed episode of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon and was turned off completely).
Kartik had some of those traits, but he came off as innocent, loving, emotional, strong (with his own weaknesses), but most of all human in a drama filled with lots of over dramatization. KarVi were expecting at the time, and the way Kartik spoke of his dreams for his daughter was beautiful. I couldn't help but come back, hoping to see more of Kartik. Thanks to OZEE I started watching the show from the beginning, and it was amazing to see and learn more about Kartik's character and his relationship to Survi. There was history there, and it took time to progress. The way Little Survi developed feelings for our innocent Kartik was beautiful. I don't speak, read or write Hindi, and understand very little of it thanks to some of sharukh khan's old movies. Since OZEE did not have english subtitles, I found my way back to India Forums hoping to fill in anything I may have missed due to the language barrier. I am so glad I came here, and found that Ankush's acting did not only touch me. His chemistry with all of the cast members were so lovely, making the relationships seems so real, which is why I started routing for SonKush, and fell in love with KarShi... That is truly a talent many don't have. Even after the "slapgate" drama both Ankush and Sonal carried out their scenes like nothing happened... making me love SonKush/KarVi even more 😳 Ankush, as a brother, uncle, father, husband, son, lover, villain was just all amazing... the kid is talented, and I only hope he gets all the recognition he deserves.

When KarShi came along, and I couldn't help but fall in love with Ankush's portrayal of Kartik completely. Ankush truly is an amazing actor. The way the writers etched his character was great, but I truly believe that Ankush's acting is what made the character come to life in a way that we just couldn't help but fall in love with him. The innocence, and love he showed for his family was just heartwarming. Even when he played, what I considered the typical Hinid serial male lead (after the 8 year leap) I could not help but want to try to understand his emotions and the change in character... Ankush was just amazing.

His love for Survi, and the confusion and innocence around it was just wow! Basically Ankush/Kartik was the reason why I started liking older Survi and Sonal. I even started an Instagram account to follow behind the scenes updates of YVR (but soon lost interest b/c my feed was being overwhelmingly filled with Sonal and her real life bf and friends... did not know of them or their work, so felt disconnected). But sometimes I thought it may have been interesting to have cast Sonal's friend (i believe her name was ishita) as Survi than Sonal... She seemed like she would've been more fitting (I am so sorry SonKush/KarVi fans- I am one of you too, but I just thought about it for only a minute tops). I like Sonal, but never was able to connect to her acting the way I was to Ankush's work onscreen. I went all the way as to trying to get friends to watch the show too 😆 Just so I can discuss the characterizations, story lines and acting. And even got Zee TV 😆

I still regret that YVR's fast pace, and wish they had taken more time in developing KarVi and their emotions/personalities...

Overall, I will miss YVR, and will not be watching due to Ankush's exit. I don't watch any Bollywood movies, or any other hindi dramas so I guess this will be a final goodbye. I will continue to follow Ankush's work, and I wish him nothing but the best for the future. His interviews were amazing to watch and read, and I truly felt his drive and personality to be so lovely, that I cannot help but think of him as a little brother 😊 I hope he continues his career without any unnecessary drama, letting his work speak for itself, and is able to build a strong foundation leading to immense growth in his professional and personal lives ⭐️ All the best Ankush.

And to the rest of the YVR team, land Sonal I wish you all the best with the show.

Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AshishCrazyFan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So touching msg...
Totally agree with each & every line...
I really fell for Ankush's acting.. He is just brilliant...
The way Karthik & Survi's characters are made is beautiful...
Less drama, much emotions.. I'm too much connected with KarVi...

If Ankush us totally exit the show, i cant watch it...

I just wish all the happiness & luck to Ankush... Hope his future is as shining as his smile.. Will b waiting for his next project...
aimmyangle thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
They didn't mention about ankush's exit
sreeya852 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aimmyangle

They didn't mention about ankush's exit

They mentioned that "Ankush will be let go" and that a more mature face will play Kartik... I am not really sure how they will be able to incorporate Ankush in the show from here on... but if they do end up doing so and he is paired up with Sonal, than I will definitely keep watching and supporting YVR, but if Ankush decides to leave to pursue opportunities, I will still support him. I just won't be watching YVR... I like Sonal, only because she was paired with Ankush... I still haven't been able to connect with her as an actress... that's not to say that she isn't a good actress, it is just that the character of Survi was missing something that Little Survi had... Older survi was good with Ankush, and in her comedic role as Durga Rani, but that depth was missing... With Kartik/Krishna Ankush got into the character and it just reeled me in... I wanted to see the show from his perspective... whereas that was missing from Survi- she seemed so put together that it was so difficult to relate to her... even in terms of her presentation... Some of Sonal's best scenes were when she wore less makeup... I am not sure how to explain it, but the depth I was able to see in Ankush's portrayal of Kartik/Krishna despite the "hard to believe story arcs" made it more realistic...🤓

I am an avid tv watcher, and try to watch several series from various parts of the world, and I find language really doesn't play that major of a role in an actor's portrayal of a character... Ankush's acting really did break whatever language barriers were present. Little Survi was good too... I was kind of hoping that if there were a leap it would be little Survi playing Kushi and Ankush continuing to play Kartik...😳 That would have been perfection.

But I am a huge KarVi fan, and am disappointed that Kartik and Survi will not be together in the end, and that we never really got to see them be happy together, and experience life together (I was hoping for KarVi baby #2 😳)... the fact that these two characters had a history together and that their love was not "automatic" but took work and progressed from their childhood was beautiful... you don't come by these kind of relationships that often...

If Ankush stays that will be great, whatever role he plays I know he will do justice to it. But if not, I can't watch it... I won't be able to see Sonal paired with anyone else... Her old series (Shastri Sisters) is dubbed in Tamil, and I tried watching an episode... and I just couldn't... she was paired opposite her real life BF, but to me it just didn't work 🤢 (please don't take this the wrong way, I am only speaking about onscreen- that too based on a dubbed show that I watched for like only a few minutes)

Sorry... couldn't help but go off on a rant again 😳
Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Am in love with your post & I mean every word of it when I say,I cannot thank you enough for this post
Ever since I got the news,I have been feeling really terrible.Have been miserable all evening.It's gonna take me a while before everything gets back to normal

Edited by Vanellope - 7 years ago
sreeya852 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vanellope

Am in love with your post & I mean every word of it when I say,I cannot thank you enough for this post

Ever since I got the news,I have been feeling really terrible.Have been miserable all evening.It's gonna take me a while before everything gets back to normal

Am gonna write the rest of my reply tomorrow.Am yet to recover from the shock.
I want to share my feelings as well

THank you so much again for the post.

I am glad you appreciated it. I can at times be too critical of TV, but I do have my moments of fangirling over characters and story-lines. I just wish the writers had handled the story differently. Ankush is an amazing talent who worked so well with what he was given, as did others... I just wish the writing didn't revolve so much around revenge and dramatic evil planning. TRPs truly are the worst part of TV...

I just hope Ankush is able to reach great heights and still stay grounded. He seems like a very private person, who is careful as to what he shares about his personal life. I admire that. The most successful actors are also those who aren't completely invested in the industry. It is good to have a side career... do some investments... I hope all tv actors have an opportunity to do this, especially with how TRPs are ruling their acting careers... I truly hope Ankush will successfully move forward in his career 😊

I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts as well. Once this track end I will be exiting permanently from this forum, but until then I'd love to hear what you have to say about this new development.

Thank you to everyone on this forum too. I have felt very welcome, and appreciate the room I have had to not only fangirl but also be critical of story lines, characterizations and performances. It is difficult to find a forum in which we can openly be critical and maintain dialogue in a civil manner. I truly appreciate it.

sreeya852 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AshishCrazyFan

So touching msg...

Totally agree with each & every line...
I really fell for Ankush's acting.. He is just brilliant...
The way Karthik & Survi's characters are made is beautiful...
Less drama, much emotions.. I'm too much connected with KarVi...

If Ankush us totally exit the show, i cant watch it...

I just wish all the happiness & luck to Ankush... Hope his future is as shining as his smile.. Will b waiting for his next project...

I truly believe we could have been able to see more of KarVi progress in a more natural way - with the emphasis on emotions, personalities and their feelings for one another - if it was not for TRPs. The writers truly had a lovely story, and an amazing cast... I am very thankful that they introduced such an amazing actor like Ankush to us all. I wish him only the best. I look forward to supporting him as he progresses in his career. ⭐️
kiara26 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'll just try & gather my thoughts & vent my feelings later
puja0802 thumbnail
i was sooo socked when i get that news
without ankush i can't imagine yeh vaada raha
why ankush is leaving????
can't he play another character opposite kushi😭
so from december it will be yeh vaada raha season 2
where kushi will be survi
and kartik will be Shrikant ( god knows who is going to play the role of kartik)
and tai as always tai
and new male lead will be introduced who will take the place of ankush(who will be the new lead?)

kiara26 thumbnail
who cares about the main lead any longer.. not me.. whoever walks in.. he wont be able to weave magic like ankush.. 100% guaranteed