Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shailusri1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Thanks for clarifying it. I was actually thinking I missed something very important on the show.

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

🀣<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">The auto correct in the my mobile is such a menace</font>.😑

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Even today, and in the supposedly most advanced country in the world, female oppression is a social constant. After listening to Trump speaking about women, and seeing the millions of American men who applaud these comments, do you have any doubts about their attitudes towards women? I don't. The oppression of women has been and is historical constant down in ages and the world over.

And they voted for him ... not only men, women too!
Edited by lashy - 7 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Disha dear,

Loved your Bappi Lahiri crack. And if some of those ghastly corkscrew curls had been chopped off in the fighting, why, she would have only looked better!

πŸ˜†

I was greatly amused by your reference to female oppression coming in "very slowly" and your wondering till when you could tolerate it. Where are you living, child? On some other planet?

Even today, and in the supposedly most advanced country in the world, female oppression is a social constant. After listening to Trump speaking about women, and seeing the millions of American men who applaud these comments, do you have any doubts about their attitudes towards women? I don't. The oppression of women has been and is historical constant down in ages and the world over.

So what do you expect in the 4th century BC? It is Padmanand who is a remarkable exception, and I love the way Arpit plays the doting father, for all that his features are so rough and tough.

Shyamala Aunty

I agree with you aunty! I think all of Ekta's shows bring in female oppression in some point and it does do good,and I even heard a lot of times that that's why her shows do so well because a lot of Indian women who feel oppressed a their homes,got inspired by the Tulsi's and the Parvati's of her saas bahu shows.

I've been fortunate enough to not witness that kind of oppression,but I don;'t think that's got anything to do with my dislike of how her female characters are sketched. My problem is with the "Holier than thou" attitude she brings into every heroine. Which is what i was talking about when I mentioned Bhaashangiri...thats what happened in..show that can't be mentioned πŸ˜† Also,I doubt these women were even allowed to voice their displeasure with this attitude!

And as Shradha akka also pointed out,women themselves have voted for Trump,this just proves that women are women's biggest enemy. You know Trump and Hitler have so much in common! Hitler spewed venom against the Jews openly and quiet literally and people actually supported him! It just showed the mentality of the people deep within.

The same is the case with Trump. His victory just proved the fact that most Americans have a similar mentality and are dangerously racist,sexist and misogynist at least. They hate practically everything except white male chamdi! πŸ˜•

Its 9/11 all over again. Except this time,the Americans did it to themselves.

Edited by .FemmeFatale. - 7 years ago
Shah67 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree with you aunty! I think all of Ekta's shows bring in female oppression in some point and it does do good,and I even heard a lot of times that that's why her shows do so well because a lot of Indian women who feel oppressed a their homes,got inspired by the Tulsi's and the Parvati's of her saas bahu shows.

I've been fortunate enough to not witness that kind of oppression,but I don;'t think that's got anything to do with my dislike of how her female characters are sketched. My problem is with the "Holier than thou" attitude she brings into every heroine. Which is what i was talking about when I mentioned Bhaashangiri...thats what happened in..show that can't be mentioned πŸ˜† Also,I doubt these women were even allowed to voice their displeasure with this attitude!

And as Shradha akka also pointed out,women themselves have voted for Trump,this just proves that women are women's biggest enemy. You know Trump and Hitler have so much in common! Hitler spewed venom against the Jews openly and quiet literally and people actually supported him! It just showed the mentality of the people deep within.

The same is the case with Trump. His victory just proved the fact that most Americans have a similar mentality and are dangerously racist,sexist and misogynist at least. They hate practically everything except white male chamdi! πŸ˜•

Do not want to bring any negativity into this thread and forum nor do I want to derail this thread but the bold above is a ridiculous statement to say the least.
Obviously some of us have absolutely no clue as to what Hitler did to compare him withTrump. Please do not whitewash Hitler's crime against humanity just because you do not like Trump and disagree with his stand on certain issues. People really need to step back, take a deep breath and stop with such hyperbolic statements.
I, being a minority in America do see truth in some of the things Trump has said even though I am not a supporter and do not even like him.

I do agree that women are women's worst enemies because most of us do not want another woman to say too much or give too much advice especially in a TV serial and especially to the male protagonist because it sounds like bhashangiri. Same thing in a man and we'll be drooling.

Trump is not the only misogynist.

Again, apologize for this rant Aunty.

Devki
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: devkidmd

I do agree that women are women's worst enemies because most of us do not want another woman to say too much or give too much advice especially in a TV serial and especially to the male protagonist because it sounds like bhashangiri. Same thing in a man and we'll be drooling.

Most certainly not. Noone likes anyone who talks too much and does nothing. Anything preachy in an inappropriate context is cringeworthy, be it spoken by the male or female protagonist. Chandra was called a big-mouth too when he spoke too much where he had to keep quiet.

And there is something in the style of speaking too that makes speeches adorable or like bhaashangiri. Like the pronunciations, the intonations and the contents and the style of dialogue delivery. That depends upon the individual speaker. The gender is not the point.

While you can listen to Amitabh talk on and on in KBC, others in his place, however popular could only make you switch channels half the time.

If some speeches/advices did sound like bhaashangiri, it could only mean that the content was poor/ inappropriate or the speaker didn't have it in him/her to deliver them finely.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I quite agree with you on the Trump and Hitler comment, my dear Devki. It was an off the cuff remark that is unsustainable.

Hitler was a monster in every sense of the term, someone who reduced mass murder to an assembly line process. That was what set the horrors of the Third Reich apart from other pogroms down the ages, for Mao, for example, was responsible for the deaths of over 55 million Chinese, but he did not have them gassed in oven and have his officials work to improve the efficiency of the ovens.

Trump is a loud mouthed vulgarian and an ignoramus on most things, and I am seriously concerned about his presidency, but he can hardly be equated with Hitler, wh0 was pure evil.

Yes, women are at times their worst enemies, as in the saas-bahu equation, but as for the rest, I would go with Sandhya.

Shyamala Aunty

Do not want to bring any negativity into this thread and forum nor do I want to derail this thread but the bold above is a ridiculous statement to say the least.
Obviously some of us have absolutely no clue as to what Hitler did to compare him withTrump. Please do not whitewash Hitler's crime against humanity just because you do not like Trump and disagree with his stand on certain issues. People really need to step back, take a deep breath and stop with such hyperbolic statements.
I, being a minority in America do see truth in some of the things Trump has said even though I am not a supporter and do not even like him.

Devki
Shah67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Most certainly not. Noone likes anyone who talks too much and does nothing. Anything preachy in an inappropriate context is cringeworthy, be it spoken by the male or female protagonist. Chandra was called a big-mouth too when he spoke too much where he had to keep quiet.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And there is something in the style of speaking too that makes speeches adorable or like bhaashangiri. Like the pronunciations, the intonations and the contents and the style of dialogue delivery. That depends upon the individual speaker. The gender is not the point.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">While you can listen to Amitabh talk on and on in KBC, others in his place, however popular could only make you switch channels half the time.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">If some speeches/advices did sound like bhaashangiri, it could only mean that the content was poor/ inappropriate or the speaker didn't have it in him/her to deliver them finely</font>.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. How the pronunciations, intonations etc etc sound is a subjective thing. But have come across on this forum and elsewhere where it seems to me that only when women speak or give advice it is taken as a bhaashan.
If advice is good it is good. Not everyone can get up and actively take part. Does that mean they cannot even express thier opinion? Giving the so called bhaashans is sometimes the only thing one can do that is in their power.

And in the post that I replied to it was obvious who The target was.. Not Chanakya and not Chandra for sure. It was in anticipation of bhaashangiri from the main female lead.

You know the thing about racism and misogyny is that sometimes it is so ingrained in our psyche that we ourselves are unaware of the subconcuous bias. And I am making this statement just in a matter of fact manner not trying to antagonise anyone. Some of us are overt about our biases and sometimes it shows up in subtle ways. Like the Times of India matrimonial section for example.
Edited by devkidmd - 7 years ago
Shah67 thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I quite agree with you on the Trump and Hitler comment, my dear Devki. It was an off the cuff remark that is unsustainable.

Hitler was a monster in every sense of the term, someone who reduced mass murder to an assembly line process. That was what set the horrors of the Third Reich apart from other pogroms down the ages, for Mao, for example, was responsible for the deaths of over 55 million Chinese, but he did not have them gassed in oven and have his officials work to improve the efficiency of the ovens.

Trump is a loud mouthed vulgarian and an ignoramus on most things, and I am seriously concerned about his presidency, but he can hardly be equated with Hitler, wh0 was pure evil.

Yes, women are at times their worst enemies, as in the saas-bahu equation, but as for the rest, I would go with Sandhya.

Shyamala Aunty

</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I agree with you aunty! I think all of Ekta's shows bring in female oppression in some point and it does do good,and I even heard a lot of times that that's why her shows do so well because a lot of Indian women who feel oppressed a their homes,got inspired by the Tulsi's and the Parvati's of her saas bahu shows.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I've been fortunate enough to not witness that kind of oppression,but I don;'t think that's got anything to do with my dislike of how her female characters are sketched. My problem is with the "Holier than thou" attitude she brings into every heroine. Which is what i was talking about when I mentioned Bhaashangiri...thats what happened in..show that can't be mentionedπŸ˜†Also,I doubt these women were even allowed to voice their displeasure with this attitude!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And as Shradha akka also pointed out,women themselves have voted for Trump,this ju">The same is the case with Trump. His victory just proved the fact that most Americans have a similar mentality and are dangerously racist,sexist and misogynisttement to say the least.</font>
[DIV]<font color="#990066
</font>

I just feel The Hitler analgy is used so lightly that we in effect forget and trivialise what really happened to the Jews. I am sure he was not the only person in history who did what he did but Trump is chump change in comparison.

Rest, I have replied to Sandhya above.

Devki
Edited by devkidmd - 7 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: devkidmd

Devki

Ofcourse Hitler's atrocities cannot be undermined and I most certainly did not mean that. And I apologize if that's what was understood by my post.

Everybody is free to give their opinion.

Im not sure if you're aware though,but a lot of people have found similarities in terms of the ideology from which such extreme racism emerges . And that's what helped Hitler initially to rise to power. That's what I was actually referring to. Not the actual act of violence itself. Anyway maybe I exaggerated and for that I apologize I had no attention of offending anyone.

Trump is ofcourse not the only misogynist. That's exactly what I said. People who voted for him support this ideology. That means there are so many of them.

And I disagree with @blue. Even if there were such women,I'm not one among them. I personally believe in equality among men and women and don't understand why its necessary to degrade one gender to uplift the other. That's what I actually meant. And nobody likes to be preached upon by a person who themselves do nothing,irrespective of gender.

Im sorry Shyamala aunty,but I honestly didn't intend to offend anyone. I shall delete the comment if its causing negativity in the thread.
Edited by .FemmeFatale. - 7 years ago
Shah67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .FemmeFatale.

Ofcourse Hitler's atrocities cannot be undermined and I most certainly did not mean that. And I apologize if that's what was understood by my post.

Everybody is free to give their opinion.

Im not sure if you're aware though,but a lot of people have found similarities in terms of the ideology from which such extreme racism emerges . And that's what helped Hitler initially to rise to power. That's what I was actually referring to. Not the actual act of violence itself. Anyway maybe I exaggerated and for that I apologize I had no attention of offending anyone.

Trump is ofcourse not the only misogynist. That's exactly what I said. People who voted for him support this ideology. That means there are so many of them.

And I disagree with @blue. Even if there were such women,I'm not one among them. I personally believe in equality among men and women and don't understand why its necessary to degrade one gender to uplift the other. That's what I actually meant. And nobody likes to be preached upon by a person who themselves do nothing,irrespective of gender.

Im sorry<font color="#ff0000">Shyamala aunty</font>,but I honestly didn't intend to offend anyone. I shall delete the comment if its causing negativity in the thread.

I am certainly not one to get offended so easily. So no worries on my part. Please do not delete your post.

Devki
πŸ€—