Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: devkidmd

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. How the pronunciations, intonations etc etc sound is a subjective thing. But have come across on this forum and elsewhere where it seems to me that only when women speak or give advice it is taken as a bhaashan.
If advice is good it is good. Not everyone can get up and actively take part. Does that mean they cannot even express thier opinion? Giving the so called bhaashans is sometimes the only thing one can do that is in their power.

And in the post that I replied to it was obvious who The target was.. Not Chanakya and not Chandra for sure. It was in anticipation of bhaashangiri from the main female lead.

You know the thing about racism and misogyny is that sometimes it is so ingrained in our psyche that we ourselves are unaware of the subconcuous bias. And I am making this statement just in a matter of fact manner not trying to antagonise anyone. Some of us are overt about our biases and sometimes it shows up in subtle ways. Like the Times of India matrimonial section for example.

Devki you have misunderstood me. there was a another show we used to watch,where in the heroine only preached and the hero even when he did no wrong, just stood there without a spine.

Doing this just nullifies what feminists are trying to do-giving women a voice TOO. Not take away a man's voice. This gives the wrong idea. Thats why these days feminism is assumed to be man-shaming. Which it isn't. We want equality,not sexism. And it was a put off in that particular show.

Maybe it sounded wrong to you out of context. But I was talking about how ekta's female leads are in general. The male leads are well written but the female leads are monotonous.

Infact I appreciated the fact the female oppression is being shown in Chandra Nandini without it being a put off.

I am the last person to spew hatred against women and no its not even hidden anywhere deep within. You would know it if you knew me or read any of my other posts.

A woman does not need to be an Abla Naari always to show that she struggles and then overcomes. A normal girl with normal problems is equally strong when she overcomes them.

Anyway,you are entitled to your opinion. But I just feel like you implied that Im sexist,which Im not. And I certainly don't drool over preachy men. I have been forever complaining about how stalking and eve teasing is glorified in our movies and shows and how it must be stopped.

In any case,this will be my last post on this issue.

Edited by .FemmeFatale. - 7 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Of course not, my dear Disha! It was just an honest debate, and there is no reason for anyone to take offence at it.

But as for the pro-Trump votes, they were not only due to misogyny, but mostly due to a fear among the lower middle class of being shortchanged by the changes of the last 2 decades in the US economy, the loss of manufacturing jobs. Plus a welling resentment of Wall Street and the aftermath of the 2008 Lehman Brothers disaster,where all the real culprits escaped scot free under Obama's aegis and continued going for partridge shoots in England after ruining the lives of lakhs of families in the US.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: .FemmeFatale.

Ofcourse Hitler's atrocities cannot be undermined and I most certainly did not mean that. And I apologize if that's what was understood by my post.

Everybody is free to give their opinion.

Im not sure if you're aware though,but a lot of people have found similarities in terms of the ideology from which such extreme racism emerges . And that's what helped Hitler initially to rise to power. That's what I was actually referring to. Not the actual act of violence itself. Anyway maybe I exaggerated and for that I apologize I had no attention of offending anyone.

Trump is ofcourse not the only misogynist. That's exactly what I said. People who voted for him support this ideology. That means there are so many of them.

And I disagree with @blue. Even if there were such women,I'm not one among them. I personally believe in equality among men and women and don't understand why its necessary to degrade one gender to uplift the other. That's what I actually meant. And nobody likes to be preached upon by a person who themselves do nothing,irrespective of gender.

Im sorry Shyamala aunty,but I honestly didn't intend to offend anyone. I shall delete the comment if its causing negativity in the thread.

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very well said, my dear Disha!👏

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: .FemmeFatale.

Devki you have misunderstood me. there was a another show we used to watch,where in the heroine only preached and the hero even when he did no wrong, just stood there without a spine.

Doing this just nullifies what feminists are trying to do-giving women a voice TOO. Not take away a man's voice. This gives the wrong idea. Thats why these days feminism is assumed to be man-shaming. Which it isn't. We want equality,not sexism. And it was a put off in that particular show.

Maybe it sounded wrong to you out of context. But I was talking about how ekta's female leads are in general. The male leads are well written but the female leads are monotonous.

Infact I appreciated the fact the female oppression is being shown in Chandra Nandini without it being a put off.

I am the last person to spew hatred against women and no its not even hidden anywhere deep within. You would know it if you knew me or read any of my other posts.

A woman does not need to be an Abla Naari always to show that she struggles and then overcomes. A normal girl with normal problems is equally strong when she overcomes them.

Anyway,you are entitled to your opinion. But I just feel like you implied that Im sexist,which Im not. And I certainly don't drool over preachy men. I have been forever complaining about how stalking and eve teasing is glorified in our movies and shows and how it must be stopped.
In any case,this will be my last post on this issue.

Originally posted by: devkidmd

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. How the pronunciations, intonations etc etc sound is a subjective thing. But have come across on this forum and elsewhere where it seems to me that only when women speak or give advice it is taken as a bhaashan.
If advice is good it is good. Not everyone can get up and actively take part. Does that mean they cannot even express thier opinion? Giving the so called bhaashans is sometimes the only thing one can do that is in their power.

And in the post that I replied to it was obvious who The target was.. Not Chanakya and not Chandra for sure. It was in anticipation of bhaashangiri from the main female lead.

You know the thing about racism and misogyny is that sometimes it is so ingrained in our psyche that we ourselves are unaware of the subconcuous bias. And I am making this statement just in a matter of fact manner not trying to antagonise anyone. Some of us are overt about our biases and sometimes it shows up in subtle ways. Like the Times of India matrimonial section for example.

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Most certainly not. Noone likes anyone who talks too much and does nothing. Anything preachy in an inappropriate context is cringeworthy, be it spoken by the male or female protagonist. Chandra was called a big-mouth too when he spoke too much where he had to keep quiet.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">And there is something in the style of speaking too that makes speeches adorable or like bhaashangiri. Like the pronunciations, the intonations and the contents and the style of dialogue delivery. That depends upon the individual speaker. The gender is not the point.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">While you can listen to Amitabh talk on and on in KBC, others in his place, however popular could only make you switch channels half the time.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">If some speeches/advices did sound like bhaashangiri, it could only mean that the content was poor/ inappropriate or the speaker didn't have it in him/her to deliver them finely</font>.