Different rules for men and women?

ILoveFERNANDO thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
🤢

A few weeks ago I was chatting with Amjad Sabri's niece on Facebook. I just wanted to know how his family is doing. Everyone is worried about the children and his mother, but I'm always more worried about the wife. At the end of the day his mother is old, and his children will one day move on: Study, get a job, get married etc. But what about his very young 32 year old (house)wife? I asked his niece (who herself is married and has a baby) whether she will ever marry again. Well...eeeh I will probably get banned if I type the things she threw at me here after that question...basically: ***** ****** ****** etc. I also got told that: His wife is a widow now and a mother of 5 children and NO she will not and doesn't need to get married again !!!!!!

Reminder: His wife more known these days as a widow and mother of 5 kids = ONLY 32 years old.

Anyway this conversation has made me feel so sad! 😭 REALITY is that if Amjad Sabri was the widow right now, he would have probably gotten remarried again (it's 4 months already). No way he would have taken care of 5 children and spend the rest of his life (he was only 39) alone! I'm sure his family would have even encouraged him.

Note: This was Amjad Sabri's 2nd wife. He was married before and his first wife is the biological mother of his oldest son. However they divorced a long time ago and his first wife has remarried too since...SO IF he was allowed to marry twice, why can't his wife?

And I got more examples of that. The couple of drama serial Rukhsar: Sana Khan and Babar Khan. Sana passed away in a car accident four months after Babar and she got married. Babar remarried within a year 😲!

There was also a teacher that passed away 16 December 2014...she was married and had 3 daughters. I remember looking at her memorial Facebook page which her husband kept updated. I stopped looking at it in March 2015 when her husband announced he got remarried again: Delighted to announce I've chosen * as my wife, she loves my children and will be a great mother to them. This post with a picture of the newly weds received a lot of congratulatory comments. Everyone wishing him lots of happiness...EEEH HIS WIFE PASSED AWAY LESS THAN 3 MONTHS AGO!!!!!

I just don't get it!!!!

- Men forget their wives way to fast!
- Why can man remarry while women usually remain widows for the rest of their lives?

😡😡😡

Edited by ILoveFERNANDO - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

Nice post.
I don't know about this Amjad Sabri's case. But a widow with children can also remarry in Islam . but it is the society which makes it difficult for her. coz a stranger can't be a father for her kids in the opinions of many. Also most of men aren't kind enough to accept other children as their own.

A man can remarry ..he needs to. coz most of men can't take care of their kids . only a woman can. for this society is more acceptible of it.

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Society is not kind to widows with children especially. People will say poor her and her responsibilities but no one will marry her nor anyone will talk about getting her married and grands taking care of children. In the case of a guy with out wife society will encourage him more so if he has children to remarry sooner.
Double standards in our so call very cultured society are my fav topics to talk / bash about. India/ Pakistani/ Chinese will not accept women's children if she remarries but she is expected to raise men's children which are not hers. ( this is where I like western which accepts step children openly)
In sabri's case why in the world 31 yrs old have 5 children?? Are children going out of style or he is saving a race by procreating single handed. If this guy lived any longer he would have his own cricket team.

ILoveFERNANDO thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

Nice post.

I don't know about this Amjad Sabri's case. But a widow with children can also remarry in Islam . but it is the society which makes it difficult for her. coz a stranger can't be a father for her kids in the opinions of many. Also most of men aren't kind enough to accept other children as their own.

A man can remarry ..he needs to. coz most of men can't take care of their kids . only a woman can. for this society is more acceptible of it.

It makes me sad...BUT how are women willing to marry a window who has kids?
ILoveFERNANDO thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

Society is not kind to widows with children especially. People will say poor her and her responsibilities but no one will marry her nor anyone will talk about getting her married and grands taking care of children. In the case of a guy with out wife society will encourage him more so if he has children to remarry sooner.

Double standards in our so call very cultured society are my fav topics to talk / bash about. India/ Pakistani/ Chinese will not accept women's children if she remarries but she is expected to raise men's children which are not hers. ( this is where I like western which accepts step children openly)
In sabri's case why in the world 31 yrs old have 5 children?? Are children going out of style or he is saving a race by procreating single handed. If this guy lived any longer he would have his own cricket team.

Agree! 😡

Regarding Sabri...he was 39 and his wife 32. They have 4 kids together + he had a son with his 1st wife, but his 2nd wife is also taking care of that son. So 5 kids, but the oldest is 13, and the youngest is 8. So I guess they had some eeeh fun the first 5 or 6 years when they married. Don't think they were planning to have more children considering the youngest is 8. He has beautiful kids though 😳

awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: ILoveFERNANDO

It makes me sad...BUT how are women willing to marry a window who has kids?

I guess women are more than men in our society. also men need to settle down well in work and have money before getting married. women have no much time .they need to marry before it becomes too late to have babies . so many women find it ok to marry a widowed man.
Also women like to give ..they love children. this is in their nature. so it isn't strange. sadly ..many of them change after having their own kids .and prefer them on their hubbies' kids.
cimba thumbnail
What century do you live in my friend??
There is actually shortage of women now because of selective birth and female fetus abortion. Women can give birth till almost 40 thanks to science and better Health care. No one needs to get marry to a widower in desperation so she can have children. It's obvious one loves their own children over someone else's it's not about changing personality. Women are not made to love children it's just society has hammered in to them that they must and if they don't they r not good women. some like to work outside of the house than take care of children which does not make them bad women or that is not unnatural. Society has these funda for us and we need to come out and see out side of it.
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

Originally posted by: cimba

What century do you live in my friend??

There is actually shortage of women now because of selective birth and female fetus abortion. Women can give birth till almost 40 thanks to science and better Health care. No one needs to get marry to a widower in desperation so she can have children. It's obvious one loves their own children over someone else's it's not about changing personality. Women are not made to love children it's just society has hammered in to them that they must and if they don't they r not good women. some like to work outside of the house than take care of children which does not make them bad women or that is not unnatural. Society has these funda for us and we need to come out and see out side of it.

I am sorry for confusing you. coz I am from Yemen. Here women are more than men . in fact many Arab countries suffer from wars since the last 10 yrs . Many men died. 😭

Also a lot of single men can't afford to make a living due to war side effects. so women here marry not just widowed men but also divorcees and married men.😲
cimba thumbnail
now that i know where you are from ..how is it there?? i hear its pretty horrid conditions for general population?? i hear it from time magazine which always gives you the worst of the bunch ... i do see your point now... diff life style there compare to united states of America in which i am liberal when comes to women's rights so ...😃 my point will be very much to extreme opposite and open minded. i want women to be able to every thing men can do what ever they desire. i dont want to hear law,religion or parents differentiate between men and women just because of diff sex. i am tired of women treated as second class citizens by all specially in our society. at times i feel like opening my own NGO lolol
when woman works out side of the house she cooks and cleans .. takes care of husband and kids ... husband works outside he just works and comes home puts his feet up ... that is the most part our so called very good eastern culture... husband's family is forced on to wife's head but wife's family is not husband's responsibility... talk about our society and funda...
awida thumbnail

Romantic Reveries

@Cimba. You are right friend. but you know what? We women are stronger than men. We face many difficulties and injustic in this world. as you said work hard inside and out side our homes. if a man has to live our life for a day he may commit suicide.😆