has it been a year almost
has it been 304 eps
Hard to believe 😲
A year has passed like a month
It was like yesterday we read that Ashish is doing SKR
Now we r already speculating about his next show😉
what started as an Ashish fan's journey
ended up being journey of understanding Ramayan
and even more crazier fan of Ashish(if that's possible😆😆)

what an artistic show, lavish sets, beautiful costumes,
excellent performance and a brilliant script
Managing 6 days a week then to 7 days
All the cast and crew staying away from family
so that we could feel magic on our screens everyday
Kudos to Team SKR👍🏼

Never thought that Ramayan could be this interesting
this different, a known story portrayed in an unknown way
Hats off to the person who even thought of this concept
what a risky choice
they could have just recreated one version of Ramayan
with typical old narration and
still it would have managed good TRP's
but they dared to experiment and performed it successfully
Not falling for TRP pressure
Staying true to what the show promised initially
which in-turn brought TRP's too(Surprisingly😲😆)
yes there were few ups and down
but which show doesn't have one
In fact u can't even recognize most shows
when they are half way through the journey
the highlight of SKR is it's start and end
Most shows start well and end as disasters due to various reasons
but from Ravan Vadh to the whole of Uttar Kand was class apart

It personally has made me connect more with Ramayan
Specially Ram😳
Many of my life long questions were answered
Also this forum has been a learning experience
Thanks for all those who kept it positive,informative and enlightening
Also my crazy Ashishians my dearies
Love u all🤗
what a lovely and Crazy time we had, specially in Ashish AT
Now it's time we bid adieu to our lovely show just on TV screens
It will be forever in our hearts
Lets cherish it and reminisce the whole journey❤️
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Every start has an end but how it traversed the path signifies its worth of start. When LakshmiNarayan also faced the end in each avatar, it is inevitable for a show.

We all know our epics, but still we watched it to know the different angles of the same events.
Though many of the events showed are different from what I read already, I welcome this interpretation too. The main plus of any entertainment show is how well they delivered the proper social message without hurting the general public. The show has fulfilled this motto 100% according to me (some may differ 😉)

Hope the same PH resume soon with the same cast for Shri Krishna leela😊

Appreciations to all the cast and crew.

Thanks Mina for opening such a beautiful post and allowing us to include our points.

Thanks Mano for your wonderful collages and write-up by your entire team😉
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Have read everything. It is a beautiful thread Mano and thanks for adding edits to my write up.

I came to SKR searching for answers. The questions that plagued me from childhood whenever I read Ramayana. I wanted answers not only from story perspective, I wanted it also as part of my personal journey of understanding life. It's intricacies. I wanted to know why Ram is Maryadapurushottam. I wanted to know if he is Maryadapurushottam why Sita banishment happened. I wanted to know about the feelings of Ramayan's women on what they felt about the events in their life. And SKR answered me. It answered every question of mine beautifully. Through the eyes of Sita they told me why Ram did what he did. It has given me a great inner peace and I understood why taking Ram's name is equivalent to taking 1000 names of Vishnu. Because he was the man who showed you can become God by your Karma. From Ram he became Shri Ram and Maryada Purushottam just through his actions. He was human like any one of us. Whatever he did he did within the capacity of humans. So Thank you SKR for imparting me some life changing lessons. It was wholesome entertainment with beautiful messages all over.

I would like to congratulate the entire team especially Bijay Anand, Danish, Madirakshi, Karan, Yukthi, Karthik Jayaram and the top most Ashish Sharma for providing us with beautiful performances.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Vdvisa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thanks to each of you who worked on the thread... This is just awesome. Glad to get an opportunity to Thank the hardworking team.

SKR had every actor who played or rather lived the character themselves, but am awestruck with AshishAsRAM!!!

SKR was the first time I came to know of an actor by name Ashish Sharma and then in course of the show I did get to watch some of his older shows. What a transformation from the previous angry young man avatar to the Calm and serene Ram...previous character was very liberal with words and emotions, Ram is known for a man of few words and controlled emotions. AshishAsRAM was able to bring out the expressions and feel of every scene even when there was very few or no dialogues. In every aspect be it physically, mentally or emotionally could see the character Ram. Hats off to his passion and dedication!!!

There are various shades of the SitaRam in due course of the show - Be it starting with the longingness to see the person who had been kind to the horse, restrained admiration for the Mithila princess, shyness in talking to the newly wedded wife, then the ease in company of each other, the protective and caring husband, willingness to accept right ideas without ego, angry yet soon to get back his composure after any argument, the pain of separation and determination to bring his wife and her respect, the anger and vengeance in fighting with her abductor, possessive and naughty husband, the conflict between RajaRam and SitaRam, the steadfastness to the love of his life, repentance without ego, and finally the acceptance of reality yet hold her in his heart eternally. Above is only the path travelled with Sita, but with each character that Ram interacted with there has to be a different bhavna - son, brother, student, King, friend, lord, father, redeemer, admirer...the list goes on...all this can be done but then if we add a quotient to it saying it has be DIVINE then the whole equation changes. But AshishAsRAM flawlessly executed each bhavna and made believe the travel of a man to Lord.

AshishAsRAM stands tall as sky among several others who has played the role before and will be remembered for years to come!!! Wishing Ashish the best and hope to see many other good shows from him!!!

Edited by Vdvisa - 7 years ago
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Mano, Shruti, Shruthi Ravi, minaxi...thank u for this awesome thread.
Edited by varshu27 - 7 years ago
Madhu_4u thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for this beautiful thread 😃
Finally Siya ke Ram comes to an end.
What a remarkable journey it has been.😃
Though I started watching the show because of Ashish but slowly started liking the show.
I had watched DD Ramayan as a kid but never felt that I would watch any version of Ramayan again.
But things do change 😆
I liked the presentation of the show very much. Treatment on certain issues were hard hitting but I loved as it helped me understand Ramayan in a better way.
The entire team did a wonderful job and they deserve all the praise for the success of the show👏
Ashish and Madirakshi played their role to perfection😳
Specially Ashish, I still remember the day when I heard he would play Ram in SKR and my reaction was 😲 😆
But now I am happy with all the appreciation he got for this role. What a fabulous actor he is...
His portrayal of Ram was just amazing ❤️
Edited by Madhu_4u - 7 years ago
Haridas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
MANO, THUSHI, SHRUTI, SHRITHIRAVI, AND MINAXI thank you all for this excellent thread.
It is just amazing. REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK.

Now about SKR...

Siya Ke Ram is the ONLY mythological show which I viewed without even missing a single episode up to now. I was not a fan of any mythological shows . It was ASHISH SHARMA with his par excellent PERFORMANCE of his previous shows dragged me to SIYA KE RAM but from the first day itself I got interested in the show.

The story was very well narrated even a small child can follow. It was evident from the first day itself, that team has done their ground work very well. The team has done the casting so wisely that it looks like each and every actor in SKR is borne to do that role . MARVELOUS CASTING!!! Even the child artists were commendable.

Each and every out door locations were extremely beautiful. The story was shown at a good pace, very crisp and to the point. No unwanted stretching. The costumes were kept simple and elegant. Each and every episodes were commendable. Thoroughly enjoyed Ram-Sita-Lakshman Vanwas and The Ram-Ravan yudh scenes. I should say it is the best yudh scenes ever shown in Indian TV.
Though they were telling the story from Sita's point of view, team has managed to stick more or less to the original story. I didn't get the feeling at any point of time that team has gone off the beat except once showing that dinosaurs. Well, I felt that was bit too much..

There were so many WOW.. MOMENTS in the show but the one which I never can forget is the disguise of RAVAN to RAM. Hats off to the script-writer's thought and Ashish's execution. IT WAS MIND BLOWING.. I have no words to praise Ashish... VERY PROUD TO BE ONE OF THjE ASHISHIANS..
Also on and off the intervention of SHIV-PARVATHY to explain VAROUS incidence was beautifully done.

My favourite characters in SKR after RAM (Ashish Sharma) & Sita (Madirakshi Mundle) are
Raja Janak (Bijay Anand)
Guru Vashistha (Sandeep Mohan)
Guru Vishwamitra. (Manish Wadhwa)
Hanumanji (Danish Akhtar Saifi)
Ravan ( Karthik Jayaram)
ALL THESE ACTORS HAVE DONE AN EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE.
Nevertheless each and every actor has performed brilliantly.

I don't know whether Uttar kandh is shown so elaborately ever before. I am thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have no regrets in the closure of SKR. Every show has to end one day but the difference of SKR's closure is that the Team is closing after doing full justice to the show. I can full heartedly say that I am fully content with SKR. Highly appreciate the TEAM's unity, stress and hardship. Team has kept the story and the plot uptight till the end

A BIG THANK YOU & A SALUTE to the PRODUCTION TEAM and to the whole CAST & CREW for giving such a beautiful show.
SKR will always be remembered as one of the BEST MYTHOLOGICAL SHOW.

Edited by Haridas - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Almost a year passed but my excitement for the show remains the same, can't believe this beautiful journey is coming to an end.
The journey which started with the Mithila Princess emerging from the earth ends with the King of Ayodhya whose immense love for his wife made him God.
Ramayana, the epic, has been shown many times on visual media. But an adaptation of Ramayan through Sita's eyes, or should I say a love story of Ram Sita was a risk taken by the team.

For me the show gave what they promised. The journey of Ram from human to God. And Sita playing an instrumental role in that.
The life Ram led as a human, his story of following Dharma, his love for Sita, n finally when he accepts blemishing of his character of being Maryada Purushottam, to vindicate her, that made him God.
Sita in return gives him the strength to endure all pains, she lets him change the rigid Ayodhya society, to establish the most respected Ram Rajya, gives him a new identity "Siya Ke Ram"
The eternal love saga of Ram Siya and the screenplay by SKR team kept me hooked...

There are very less shows which stick to their concept. They could have dropped their idea of showing a love story n gone back to the same age old narration of showing Sita Ram as divine. But they didn't give up to all sorts of pressure. They kept their loyal audience intact, who wanted to seek answers from the epic. They kept their SKR touch intact, without losing the essence of Ramayana.

Yes there have been few distortions, few things in this show, I have not liked, but on the whole, this is the only show which has been able to do proper justice to Ram n have been able to make people see him in a new light. As its only Sita's perspective that can give full justice to Ram as an ideal husband... and Maryada Purushottam...

I still remember the Divine mithila track, with Sita and her sister's innocent questions, the dark secrets of Ayodhya, the Shanta track, Kaikeyi and Dashrat equation and how it finally fell on Ram n Sita to restore all this. The beautiful SiRa moments in vanvas, Ravan and Lanka track which was quite unique.. And finally the most unique Uttarkand Ramayana, which showed Ram's pain , guilt , repentance n finally his selfless love for Sita , and Sita as a strong and independent woman...

Not only Ram Sita , the show has done justice to less focused characters like Janak , Urmila, Hanuman, Bharat, Mandodari, Sulochana, Meghnad like never before ... :))

Without the cast the team couldn't have achieved this...
Ashish Madirakshi have been just flawless as SiRa. Apart from them, Karan, Bijay Anand, Dilip ji, Snigdha ji, Grusha ji, Danish, Yukti , Sujay , JK, Rohit , Rimpi everyone has been amazing !!!

Congratulations to team SKR for a successful run of more than 300 episodes!!!

Edited by aditi97 - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Mano , minakshi di, Shruti, Thushu, and Shruthiravi di beautiful thread!!!!
Can't take off my eyes from this thread

Mano your collages hayeee!!!! Beautiful!!!
Sorry I couldn't help u out this tym :((

Shruti the write-up , the story of Siya Ram eternal love saga is just beautiful, intense... loved it!!!

Shruthiravi di 4 nights !! You finally correlated everything and gave the essence of SKR in your write-up ... fab!!
Edited by aditi97 - 7 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
LOVELY THREAD MY COMPLIMENTS TO ALL WHO DESIGNED AND CONTRIBUTED