Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutiepieAD thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Cluny13

Di but how is shatrughn anger against manthra and lakshman against shoorpanakha something against Prakriti.

Lakshman had done only defending right while shatrughn was clearly angry.
What more in the palace Di. What more leela? What sort of adharm remains?
'Head scratching'πŸ˜†

I swear I have ignored this part of ramayan not even thought about it and see my stateπŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Maybe the uttarkhand is something we get to know at a later age and somehow BP held my interest I hadn't thought about the aftermathπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Sanju I don't know about Manthu n KK, but for Surpi's nose cut, I have seen many people blaming RaLa very badly ...
They say Surpi was just asking Ram to marry her, that tym men did have more dan one wives, so it wasn't wrong for her to ask him.. moreover Ram passing the offer to Laku n then laku refusing her makes her a helpless victim

That's why I liked SKR version, which gives answers to such questions and not just show some divine aspect.. they started of with Sita questioning Laku, (that epi I didn't like first but after watching next day's epi, felt it was not that bad).. then Ram explaining aptly with cause and effect theory. Ram said wat happened with Surpi was the consequences of her acts, now whatever will happen to them will be consequences of their acts.. And it was just Laku's mistake,it was Ram's mistake as well, of not being able to identify Surpi's malintentions.. thats why he always asked Ravan to talk to him, not Laku πŸ˜ƒ
Brotherly relationship is jus not established by bromance, these emotional connections of SKR, makes SKR's RaLa stand out πŸ˜ƒ
Basically with changing time, and changing audience, explanation has to be given for everything to make one believe why Ram is Ram , why Ravan is Ravan n also diff btw Surpi n Sita.

But I think what Shruthi di said was different , I think she means if they faced women with anger, shud have faced Ram/Durvasa in anger too, but couldn't as they were men
Edited by aditi97 - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

1/11/2016

I loved the contrast today. Rishi Durvasavu in his anger telling if he is not allowed inside he will curse the prosperity, name and fame of Raghukul. All the brother's asking him to leave the anger, trying to explain things. All 3 of them forget what all they did in anger. They forget already a lot of what was there for Raghukul has gone in anger. Rishi Durvasavu has come to take what is remaining. Who can forget anger of Shatrughnan who drives Manthara to the street or the beserk Bharath decimating Kaikeyi. Last but not least Lakshman in anger and impulse cutting the nose of Surpi. Has any of these men faced a man who is in anger. Could they do something about it. All 3 of them had faced woman in their anger. Yes they were woman who had to be punished. But did one of them think about punishing a man on their own. When Ram took the astra to destroy earth none of the brothers could do anything. Neither could they do anything for Durvasavu.

Yes they were all men who were fine when finger is pointed at Prakriti, couldn't do anything when finger was pointed at Sanskriti. Sita had to sacrifice herself to change Sanskriti through Ram. Today also Urmila comes running. Telling he cannot take decision of his death alone. She is his wife. He had to think about her. Why did that choice become important. See if it is a natural death she wouldn't have questioned. She knows. But then he chose death for the so called reeti, neeti and parampara of Raghukul without thinking about her. As a wife she feel cheated, heartbroken. She doesn't understand the dharma that makes a man choose the death.

She has already seen her sister choosing death because of Raghukul, now her husband chooses death.

Ram he is once again at crossroads. Yes Ram calls Lakshman today his reflection, though I had always called him Ram's shadow. Even Urmila tells he is Ram's shadow. Like Ram, yet unlike him. It has to be shadow only.

Why I felt Ram called Lakshman his reflection is because how can you kill reflection. If you kill reflection you are killing yourself. Because reflection exists as you exists. The point is what is Ram going to kill. As Lakshman says let my sacrifice not go in vain. What is the greatest among those born in Raghukul going to do with this tough choice. What is he going to achieve. There is something more. Some adharma is remaining which Narayan has to take before his last journey. He started his war on adharma by removing the unwanted elements from his house and killing the ego of his father and mahatwakamsha of his mother. So his journey also has to end killing something in that palace finally. I am waiting. Will CVs give me what I expect.

I never thought like this... as usual beautiful analysis sply Urmila- Laku n Sita-Ram comparison and the reflection thing...
I dunno what u r expecting, but I hope u get what u want πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@aditi I was quite happy like you that they didnt show surpi being exchanged between 2 men. Actually I had not liked that part in Ramayana. Why would Ram mess around with a woman as you rightly said those days men had more than one wife. If not wife they were allowed to keep relations with woman also. No one questioned as long as the woman consented.
Here they beautifully showed Ram's dilemma of getting pursued by a womanπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ and the way they closed the track was also good.

Yes you are right on what I meant. When men are in anger, why you need to bow, beg. You can take definite stand right. But men wont do it.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Updated Chapter 117 Seven Vows
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4704864&TPN=77&#p138151857
jeena1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello guys what an epi. I did not think that there are so many things to see or know after BP. What I knew was after BP LK became king and all four bro left earth. But SKR proved me wrong once again, I am loving these post BP epis.
Rishi Durvasavu 😲 I always think how could he be called a rishi when he can not control his anger. And who gave him the license to give curse and threaten people.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And Shruti di u said Urmila calls Laxman as Ram's shadow. No I was watching the wedding epis. She said Sita "Jeeja shree ke pratibimb".

And about anger. What Shatrughna did or Bharat did was out of anger but was not that the punishment for Manthara and Kaikei ?? I know Kaikei did what she did to take revenge from Dasrath he was also equally responsible for this even more responsible but Manthara ?? She did for what ?? She always polluted Kaikei's mind against Kaushalya,Ram,Dasrath but why and was not it wise that she got punished by Shatrughna. Yes I can understand you are telling that it was easy to be angry on woman and punish her than man. But did not Laxman get angry on those kings in Swaymbar and on Parshuram also ?
Edited by jeena1993 - 7 years ago
CutiepieAD thumbnail

@aditi I was quite happy like you that they didnt show surpi being exchanged between 2 men. Actually I had not liked that part in Ramayana. Why would Ram mess around with a woman as you rightly said those days men had more than one wife. If not wife they were allowed to keep relations with woman also. No one questioned as long as the woman consented.

Here they beautifully showed Ram's dilemma of getting pursued by a womanπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ and the way they closed the track was also good.

Yes you are right on what I meant. When men are in anger, why you need to bow, beg. You can take definite stand right. But men wont do it.

Even i was happy, it was unlikely for Ram to pass on that offer to Lakshman, I expressed this that time as well.. Overall Surpi track was really good, I gained my interest which I kind of lost after Panchvati leap, due to LakuSiya arguments πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I loved that lotus analysis of yours very much 😳

And yes Ram getting pursued by Surpi n his helplessness was portrayed well, it's not always women are helplessπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
SKR loves showing even Ram as victim many times n emerging as the winner, with Sita's love backing him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Di, maybe you are right about diff reactions for Prakriti n Sanskriti
But Laku has a very nice life experience as well, you yourself said he has grown as a person...

And his acts of harming Surpi were not intentional, it was in defense of what Surpi did, he even apologized for it (many times) n paid the price of suffering during Sita's haran.

And about going against Sanskriti, Laku did go against Ram during Sita's AP. Later when Ram explained about perception etc, he calms down.

So atleast for Laku I think it's life experience, which made him calm
Jairamji thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
So why is laxman giving up his life.. by committing sucide? Any ideas?
Edited by Jairamji - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@aditi jeena please understand the last 2 episodes opened up a can of questions for me which previously didn't exist. As I had not once dwelled upon them. Manthara had to be punished. So was Kaikeyi's Mahatwakamsha. But something else needed punishment in Raghukul πŸ˜†πŸ˜† which no one was looking. Laku has repented many times. But Laku does action. Only in the last part he thinks before he acts. That is his maturity for sure
@jeenaComing to Laku getting angry in swayamvar sabha. Actually he put Ram in a spot when he tells Janak you are forgetting my brother can lift dhanush. We know Hari's leela, we know Ram can lift the dhanush, but just think of yourself as an ordinary guy who had come to a place to see the dhanush. Your brother says you can lift the dhanush, if you don't lift well your family will be mocked at, if you lift you will have to marry a maiden. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† as per the rules. It was not competition, it was swayamvar. Look at the catch 22 position of Ram. Again at Parashuram. He goes to curse Lakshman before Ram intervenes. Laku being reflection Urmila tells it hesitatingly and tells to Sita in private he doesn't look reflectionπŸ˜† if I remember right. It was Mandavi who happily tells Bharat is jijashree's reflection. Me and DD made quite a few posts on shadow and reflection at that point.
So guys if the post doesn't make sense today please bear with me. Hopefully I will be able to connect it in the coming episodes.
CutiepieAD thumbnail
While watching the repeat one thought occurred to me ...
Ram calls Lakshman his reflection, reflection is illusion it right? It has physical attributes same as that of real body but it's just an image not reality...

When Ram asks him, why such a big sacrifice for Raghukul, Lakshman said he has learnt everything from Ram Bhaiyya.
He saw his brother making sacrifices for Raghukul. Brother taking up exile, banishing his queen etc.(physical aspects) , he learnt that and became his reflection.
But little does he know that in the pretence of following rules n protecting kul ki riti etc, Ram was actually breaking rules. He followed his pati dharma as much as Rajdharma, which only he and Sita know. But Sita lashing out at Ram publicly created an illusion of Ram following just Rajdharma, just like any other king, bringing out the hypocrisy of kings of that time ..
So even Lakshman doesn't know about Ram fully, so how can he become like him, he was just a reflection.

Another thing

Ram survives without Sita for years, as he never banished his wife,a king banished a queen. Sita(his wife) is always alive in Ram's heart.
In Lakshman's case by law banishing a brother or wife or relative is equal to giving them death sentence not a king banishing a prince...(as far as i rem)

Hence this time it's tougher for Ram, as in Sita's case he just gave up a political relationship with her, as husband he never exiled her, but now he has to banish his own brother, not just a political relation with Lakshman
How can he survive then, he eventually perishes after Lakshman's departure...

Does this have anything to do with what's in your mind Shruthi di? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
CutiepieAD thumbnail

@aditi jeena please understand the last 2 episodes opened up a can of questions for me which previously didn't exist. As I had not once dwelled upon them. Manthara had to be punished. So was Kaikeyi's Mahatwakamsha. But something else needed punishment in Raghukul πŸ˜†πŸ˜† which no one was looking. Laku has repented many times. But Laku does action. Only in the last part he thinks before he acts. That is his maturity for sure

Got your point πŸ‘πŸΌ
Your post was very interesting today, hence so many questions πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Infact i never thought this track will ever grab my interest, but SKR'S version is really interesting