Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
But Sanju the problem with your generation is that romance becomes physical whereas when you read such poetries and prose it is much more at the emotional level. It is mostly the physical expression of emotional closeness.
Lack of knowledge of such good literature existing in our culture is making your generation go behind western literature that has more po*n than classy romance. The day we accept our mythology has beautiful romance, we made khajuraho carvings, ajanta ellora carvings we will accept romance for what it is.

I have read these poetries and I have read Sydney Sheldon also. I am always thankful my mom didnt take and read books like " Best Laid Plans" , " Sands of TIme" " Nothing Lasts forever" etc. She would have had heart attack. Irresepctive of good thrilling plot lines the graphic sexual presentation in those books well obvious my mother would have thought what her 18-19 year old is reading. Fed up I use to skip pages πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
shruthiravi thumbnail
Updated Chapter 116 Seven Vows
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4704864&TPN=75&#p138133172
jeena1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

But Sanju the problem with your generation is that romance becomes physical whereas when you read such poetries and prose it is much more at the emotional level. It is mostly the physical expression of emotional closeness.

Lack of knowledge of such good literature existing in our culture is making your generation go behind western literature that has more po*n than classy romance. The day we accept our mythology has beautiful romance, we made khajuraho carvings, ajanta ellora carvings we will accept romance for what it is.

I have read these poetries and I have read Sydney Sheldon also. I am always thankful my mom didnt take and read books like " Best Laid Plans" , " Sands of TIme" " Nothing Lasts forever" etc. She would have had heart attack. Irresepctive of good thrilling plot lines the graphic sexual presentation in those books well obvious my mother would have thought what her 18-19 year old is reading. Fed up I use to skip pages πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

Agree with Sanju ur generation was far better than us. Now even teachers are not decent ones. I can recall how me and some of my friends had to skip some zoology classes(Reproduction sply).πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
shruthiravi thumbnail
Our generation was sandwich generation I would say. We got the best of both worlds. We knew the life before computer era, before IT boom and we enjoy the best of IT boom also.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Why should a man be pushed through this much dilemma's. Why should he be given such hard choices. For following the rules of his clan.
Reason is those rules are simply unreasonable and needs to be changed. In Lakshman banishment I am finally understanding the crux of Ram avatar. What he did. How he did it, and why such hard choices fell on him. Posting analysis soon
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Why should a man be pushed through this much dilemma's. Why should he be given such hard choices. For following the rules of his clan.

Reason is those rules are simply unreasonable and needs to be changed. In Lakshman banishment I am finally understanding the crux of Ram avatar. What he did. How he did it, and why such hard choices fell on him. Posting analysis soon

What an episode it was?
Though it was all a part of a Leela,
Who is a rishi who hasn't conquered anger?
Lakshman had anger on his nose but that was out of love. Pure love but was that why his death was also destined by anger?
Urmila calls ram bhaiya for the first time in Skr I guess. Jijasree, with Sitas death that had gone.
Ram calls lakshman his reflection? Shadow of reflection what is lakshman to ram? considering urmila telling ram in mithila that lakshman... I don't remember the dialogue.
Kaal tells ram I am sure u will keep ur promise. Ram went vanvaas keeping a promise did it set the bar of expectations very high?

How much more for raghukul, raghunandar? U have an answer to that question. Waiting ⭐️
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail

1/11/2016

I loved the contrast today. Rishi Durvasavu in his anger telling if he is not allowed inside he will curse the prosperity, name and fame of Raghukul. All the brother's asking him to leave the anger, trying to explain things. All 3 of them forget what all they did in anger. They forget already a lot of what was there for Raghukul has gone in anger. Rishi Durvasavu has come to take what is remaining. Who can forget anger of Shatrughnan who drives Manthara to the street or the beserk Bharath decimating Kaikeyi. Last but not least Lakshman in anger and impulse cutting the nose of Surpi. Has any of these men faced a man who is in anger. Could they do something about it. All 3 of them had faced woman in their anger. Yes they were woman who had to be punished. But did one of them think about punishing a man on their own. When Ram took the astra to destroy earth none of the brothers could do anything. Neither could they do anything for Durvasavu.

Yes they were all men who were fine when finger is pointed at Prakriti, couldn't do anything when finger was pointed at Sanskriti. Sita had to sacrifice herself to change Sanskriti through Ram. Today also Urmila comes running. Telling he cannot take decision of his death alone. She is his wife. He had to think about her. Why did that choice become important. See if it is a natural death she wouldn't have questioned. She knows. But then he chose death for the so called reeti, neeti and parampara of Raghukul without thinking about her. As a wife she feel cheated, heartbroken. She doesn't understand the dharma that makes a man choose the death.

She has already seen her sister choosing death because of Raghukul, now her husband chooses death.

Ram he is once again at crossroads. Yes Ram calls Lakshman today his reflection, though I had always called him Ram's shadow. Even Urmila tells he is Ram's shadow. Like Ram, yet unlike him. It has to be shadow only.

Why I felt Ram called Lakshman his reflection is because how can you kill reflection. If you kill reflection you are killing yourself. Because reflection exists as you exists. The point is what is Ram going to kill. As Lakshman says let my sacrifice not go in vain. What is the greatest among those born in Raghukul going to do with this tough choice. What is he going to achieve. There is something more. Some adharma is remaining which Narayan has to take before his last journey. He started his war on adharma by removing the unwanted elements from his house and killing the ego of his father and mahatwakamsha of his mother. So his journey also has to end killing something in that palace finally. I am waiting. Will CVs give me what I expect.

shruthiravi thumbnail
@sanju you are learning. You caught death came to them through anger. Yes. The anger with which they caused pain to others, finally coming to give them pain in its own way.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Di but how is shatrughn anger against manthra and lakshman against shoorpanakha something against Prakriti.
Lakshman had done only defending right while shatrughn was clearly angry.
What more in the palace Di. What more leela? What sort of adharm remains?
'Head scratching'πŸ˜†

I swear I have ignored this part of ramayan not even thought about it and see my stateπŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Maybe the uttarkhand is something we get to know at a later age and somehow BP held my interest I hadn't thought about the aftermathπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sanju Lakshman had done the defense only. But he shouldnt have been impulsive. It was between 2 woman. He should have allowed Sita to take charge or Sita to defend herself. Because it was direct attack, he intervened.
Coming to adharma remaining actually I had also not thought about it to be frank. Lakshman parityaag was something for me aftermath of BP. Lakshman to finally suffers the same fate as Sita.

But then 2-3 dialogues today, couple of dialogues in last 2-3 epis and couple of dialogue in the beginning made me think there is more to it and I have connected it to MB if my guess is right. I am not putting it because I am not sure whether my thought is correct this time. Will Narayan go for thatπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

Clue is circle. It is ring. Where it started it has to end. Just like Sita. She came from earth. Went to earth.

He came through the fire that sacrificed the daughters for a son, product of a woman's pain, his end also has to be through the fire of a woman's painπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago