Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Cluny13

Devdutt pattanaik it is mentioned in both book of ram and Sita an illustrated retelling of ramayan. Hope skr does not follow the book exactly as lakshman does not behead himself. I think after ram does parityaag of lakshman, he will do jalsamadhi in sarayu river.
Hope skr adds its unique touchπŸ˜ƒ. They don't follow any book as such so let's see

Sanju, Lakshman abandoning track has already started in precap
it's already not following this book
if so Laku must have beheaded before the ring sequence
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@sanju even I know of Jal Samadhi only. Not the beheading one. Also one loop is pending for closure.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Urmila, mandavi, srutakirti die as suhaagan isn't it?
Just asking πŸ˜ƒ
shruthiravi thumbnail
As far as I know they are Nithya suhagan's. But I don't know how they are planning to show it in SKR. Because in the book Urmila which I studied as part of Malayalam second paper in my 9th std, there is a lonely Urmila in the end after Lakshman's banishment telling " the waters of sarayu are actually the tears of woman of Ayodhya".
Siya-Ram thumbnail
The jal samadhi shooting pics of ram did show the sisters alive and Janak consoling them but what was surprising was urmila was not in white dress. Something up their sleeve πŸ˜‰
The line u quoted 😭
So u studied the complete Ramayan for Malayalam exam or how was it?
I took French( Pondicherry) missed a wonderful opportunity of learning these in regional languages
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sanju I don't know, maybe being a Keralite, where the vast literature and movies of 80's, 90's have many times presented the epics both Ramayana and MB from woman's perspective showing the tears of woman, as other side the blind worship aspect has always been missing in me.
Its bad aspect is that the thought process of liberated Kerala society has degraded both Ram and Krishna to the great extend especially Ram to the ethos of western and communist thought process.
Good aspect is that if you were able to get a hold of mythology from right places, this view points helped you question, check perspectives before arriving at your own conclusion.
So you wont see using Sita Maa, or some terms like that. Sita for me is a great lady of virtue but not a doormat.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sanju not complete Ramayan. It was a short book say of some 50-55 pages on Ramayana through the eyes of Urmila.
It was a poignant book, only thing is that I don't know who wrote it as I am searching for it now as my book I got it from a senior ( as was the practice in those days), then gave to a junior and it changed hands.
If you look there wont be a girl in Kerala in my age group say early thirties to late thirties who studied in state syllabus and has not been affected by Urmila, her pain. My so many OS in SKR forum stem from that book.
Also the poets in Malayalam wrote a lot about Rama and Krishna. And we studied excerpts from those poems for our Malayalam 1st paper.
I have studied excerpts from Ezhthuthachan's Killipattu Ramayanam where Ram talking Lakshman on why he should go forest, and also Ram's pain when Sita is abducted. Those lines are all very beautiful where Ram sees Sita in every tree, bush, and flower. People are telling no romance in SKR. They should be given those poetic lines πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Cherusseri's Krishnagadha and the lines the gopi's tell when Krishna is taken to Mathura " Nanmulla thanude thenuda karvandu nammula theendmo narimare" ( Translation : The bawra which was tasted the honey of fresh jasmine, will it touch withering jasmine. Double meaning when Krishna sees the beautiful ladies of Mathura will he remember us ). I used to analyze those lines in paragraph for exams and all.
Then there is poetry of Vyloppally where the lady Anasooya asks her about her swayamvara and Sita says when Raghuveer lifted the dhanush she felt like a peacock that saw the rain. The poetry which gives beautiful lines when Sita looks at Ram when he enters Mithila standing atop the Palace terrace and all is very very beautiful
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Yes Di our predecessors were already wrong to fight in the name of Hindu Islam and shaivites vaishnavites. Since the beginning of Skr I am seeing people arguing in the name of ram and Krishna. I tried my level best to make them understand. I gave up. Casually after BP episode I went to see comments. They say in one comment they both are one, Narayan resides In heart, read Gita next moment to defend ram go to any extent and to degrade to any extent. Sita BP episode where we see Sita lashing out questions. Oh well they were so happy someone had scolded ram( though she hadn't) They had been doing that right from beginning and now Sita had done it. Patriachial society. So much has happened but few people cease to change.
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
I have studied Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha's courses till Praveen where I came across Ramcharita Manas, Panchavati etc..
And you could feel,the strong difference in the way the Hindi authors have penned Ram and Sita. While the Malayalam poetry gave them the human touch with human emotions, it was God like reverence in the Hindi books.
Malayalam poetries were much open towards the feelings, the emotions whereas the north Indian books reeked the patriatichial mind set of viewing the epics.
I don't know whether you have read Munsi Premchand's books. On my own I will never go, buy and read it because though they bring the stark social reality of those times, but they are quite depressing. Still would suggest this book. If possible read " Nirmala". It is very heartbreaking and you will know how lucky we are to get what we got as woman in this era.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sanju the biggest lesson I learnt after coming to IF is that you cant make anyone understand anything unless they want to understand. That's why me and DD started this thread with clear rules. So that we can peacefully discuss what we feel about the show.