Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Mano the perspective matters. I have heard about this book and how it is presented though not read it.

You have watched Mani Ratnam's Ravan right where Ravan is justified. So it happens. Problem is from where you are looking.
If you read MTs Randamoozham you will see Arjuna and Krishna mocked at and Panchali as a woman using Bhima. But Randamoozham is something that should be read.

Read Amish's Scion of Ishkavu all characters of Ramayana are ripped apart, but unlike Randamoozham it doesnt hold you.

Then in a way Thalapathy(movie) was also justification of Duri and Karn
But then the story was diff, they don't mention it as MB
I remember one of his IV during SKR
when he said Duri is worshiped in a village in Karnataka(not sure)
May be he has written based on it
But then can't comment without reading it

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes thalapathy had that kind of a twist, but then it was not evident.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Some analysis after watching SKR once again in Star utsav

Guys watched the scene where Ram gives vachan to Sita that he will have only one wife in Star Utsav.
Actually that scene was beautiful and wanted to put couple of things after seeing it connecting the scene to the entire screenplay.

Ram says he couldnt see Sita in Vishwamitra ashram because he was late. Then Sita asks why didnt you tell it yet. He says because of maryada. Then she asks then why are you telling now. He says he doesnt want to be late, tomorrow he is going to be king and responsibilities will change so before that a husband gives a vachan to wife that he will have only one wife.

Now cut this part to the story. Ravan takes Sita. Ram couldnt prevent it, because he was late in reaching the ashram. He couldnt prevent her banishment because maryada as a king demanded that( It also shows Ram taking sankalp that if in future any of his decision creates anger in praja he will make effort to correct it) . But irrespective of everyone telling Ram not to go to valmiki ashram at that point he goes. Reason he didnt want Sita to do bhoomipravesh as a banished wife, he wanted her to reject him and the society , question the society as queen of Ayodhya and then go. He wanted that. He wanted her to get justice. He wanted the other woman of Ayodhya to get justice so he had to go.

That vachan to Sita allowed Ram to question the ethos of society because he gave that to her at the right time.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Guys in Ramleela watched Sita telling her decision to go to forest is taken as a woman and what will not change in this birth for her is her gender. So she asks permission to do her duty as a woman. I had discussed this aspect during SKR days itself. But watching it in retro bought some more points.
When Narayan is banished from a land Lakshmi accompanies him. Everyone sees Lakshmi accompanying Narayan. In other words the land that does not value Narayan will not have Lakshmi or the prosperity of that land will go. Why Ayodhya doesnt suffer more is because though Ram goes people of Ayodhya values him, Bharath values him, hence Lakshmi's shadow and reflection ensure Ayodhya is managed well and prosperity remains. Everyone knows this truth. When Narayan goes Lakshmi goes.

What when Lakshmi goes. Does the land that banishes Lakshmi will have Narayan. Here is the most beautiful Vishnu Maya plays the trick. This is where Narayan's Leela come into play. Yes Narayan is seen in the place from where Lakshmi is banished. So people think it doesnt matter if Lakshmi goes they have Narayan. But what they dont realize is the fact that Narayan with his smile is only bidding his time. Time to show the people who banished his Lakshmi their true place. He is waiting to crush their ego. He is allowing them to enjoy, only to take them down when they least expect it. Because he knows if Lakshmi is not given justice, then it is the end of life. To sustain life justice for Lakshmi is important. But he cannot bring justice to Lakshmi without her help.

When Ram goes with Sita he goes in broad daylight. But when he sends Mahalakshmi aka Sita he sends her in darkness so that she is not humilated by any of his praja standing on both sides.

Now coming to another interesting point. Sita says allow her to do the duty as a woman and Ram says he will always support her in doing her duty as a woman.

That's why in the end he irritates her. He doesnt want her to be satisfied as a wife. He wanted her to do her duty as a woman. He wanted her to question the ethos of the society as a woman. He wanted her to question the double standards of the society as a woman. So that he can take action. He gives her the power to question and he makes her question.

Sita says if she doesnt do the duty of a woman in accompanying her husband her identity will go. Ram ensures in the end that by forcing her to do her duty as a woman her identity remains etched in rock even after centuries have gone by.
c85rie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I had missed the vachan episode it seems. Beautiful analysis from you. Will try to catch as soon as I get time.
The second part is very true. I am reading a book by Devdutt Patnaik Myth= Mythas. He touches on the importance of Lakshmi very well.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Myth=Mithya is an interesting read. It touches on various subjects of our Vedic culture and Sanatana dharma.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Sanju there are many books I should be reading. But now writing my fiction takes up all the time. Now I can be really free only after that book is published to check out various things😃
@c8 do watch that episode, it is one of the most beautiful episodes of SKR.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Siya-Ram thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Sanju there are many books I should be reading. But now writing my fiction takes up all the time. Now I can be really free only after that book is published to check out various things😃

@c8 do watch that episode, it is one of the most beautiful episodes of SKR.

As a reader I am sure publishing seven vows as a paperback is going to be a humongous task 😃
yet I am sure i will have the book in my hand either by christmas or new year 😳
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Shruthi
Are you also getting your 'seven vows' published? If so Wish you all the best and I am looking forward to get it in my kindle or paperback. I heard that Jahnavi is also having her 'Placid' published. Both of you are wonderful writers.
I have been reading 'the palace of Illusions' and The book of Ram by Devidutt Patnaik. Any other suggestions in that genre is welcome.
Hi Sanjana, Hope you are having a great time.
Missing our discussions a lot.
Savita
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Hi Savita Di,
I miss the discussions we used to have as well.
I think you can check out Arjun without a doubt by dr. Sweety Shinde.