Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jeena1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Cluny13

SS Di (short story)
Highlighting the beautiful relation of Ram and Somada( daughter of Laxmila). Somadas understanding of jyest mata Sita and she being a balm for Rams pain. It's just so beautiful. Do try out.
All the best for semester. Keep in touch. Also take care hope your knee gets completely better and your back in full swing πŸ˜ƒ

Well then I will definitely give a try to it. Sounds promising. Will try to read it this Sunday.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@jeena actually today morning some thoughts about Lakshman parityaag came into my mind and I felt I need to write something more on that.
See there was a confusion in me on Lakshman Parityaag. Because if you vanvass happened to Ram was adharma. He took the adharma and 2 people followed him on that adharma and 1 adhered to that adharma.
Siya, Lakshman by following and urmila by accepting. So whenever you are supporting adharma, you have to face the consequences of it or rather you will be at the receiving end of adharma.

Why did Ram take adharma, because only by taking adharma he can establish dharma. Negative *Negative is positive theory. With his vanvass Ram started the process of establishing dharma by taking the power from wrong hands. Dasrath died and Kaikeyi lost her power.

Now Sita faces the adharma in her banishment. It is her punishment of following adharma during vanvass. Because vanvass was only for Ram. Now Sita takes that adharma, fights it and helps Ram establish the dharma that is changing laws of the land to bring gender equality.

Now come Lakshman who too followed adharma. He is banished. But note that banishment. Ram brokes blind vachan palan there. He asks learnt people what is the alternative. He cannot give death sentence to his brother. It was symbolically showing that according to time and circumstance you have to think. If you cannot keep your promise as it is adharma, ask people if there is an alternative.

Here Lakshman is given an option of taking Urmila and moving out. He is asked to follow dharma. But then Lakshman is a man of old sanskriti who cannot see a life apart from his brother. For that he commits suicide. His banishment and suicide is symbolic of people who are attached to existing sanskriti blindly who cannot cope with change. If you banish that sanskriti from yourself, it will get destroyed on its own irrespective of Prakriti trying to support it. Because that Sanskriti cannot take or listen to Prakriti's advice because it will lose its identity.

So life with such a man or rather a soldier is always tough for a woman. Because they are aligned to Sanskriti and goes with Sanskriti. You cannot blame them. They are like that. Duty bound in what they think is the greatest service. Not knowing Sanskriti can always alienate them.

It's not betrayal. Their relation was always like that.

Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
As usual shruthi DiπŸ‘πŸ‘
That was deeply poignant.πŸ‘πŸ‘
[DIV]
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
jeena1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hmm it was a new pov. It is always said that "Jo adharm ko sahe wo jyada papi hota he adharm karne wala se." I will not say Laxman and Sita did sin by following Ram as they did keep their own dharma respectively. For Laxman it was Bhatrudharm and in case of Sita it was Patnidharma but on the other hand they accepted Anyay. So they had to face the consequence of their act. Same in case of Urmila right ??

SKR ended but our discussion will never end.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜† Very practical and realistic analysis Di.
saishyama thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@jeena actually today morning some thoughts about Lakshman parityaag came into my mind and I felt I need to write something more on that.

See there was a confusion in me on Lakshman Parityaag. Because if you vanvass happened to Ram was adharma. He took the adharma and 2 people followed him on that adharma and 1 adhered to that adharma.
Siya, Lakshman by following and urmila by accepting. So whenever you are supporting adharma, you have to face the consequences of it or rather you will be at the receiving end of adharma.

Why did Ram take adharma, because only by taking adharma he can establish dharma. Negative *Negative is positive theory. With his vanvass Ram started the process of establishing dharma by taking the power from wrong hands. Dasrath died and Kaikeyi lost her power.

Now Sita faces the adharma in her banishment. It is her punishment of following adharma during vanvass. Because vanvass was only for Ram. Now Sita takes that adharma, fights it and helps Ram establish the dharma that is changing laws of the land to bring gender equality.

Now come Lakshman who too followed adharma. He is banished. But note that banishment. Ram brokes blind vachan palan there. He asks learnt people what is the alternative. He cannot give death sentence to his brother. It was symbolically showing that according to time and circumstance you have to think. If you cannot keep your promise as it is adharma, ask people if there is an alternative.

Here Lakshman is given an option of taking Urmila and moving out. He is asked to follow dharma. But then Lakshman is a man of old sanskriti who cannot see a life apart from his brother. For that he commits suicide. His banishment and suicide is symbolic of people who are attached to existing sanskriti blindly who cannot cope with change. If you banish that sanskriti from yourself, it will get destroyed on its own irrespective of Prakriti trying to support it. Because that Sanskriti cannot take or listen to Prakriti's advice because it will lose its identity.

So life with such a man or rather a soldier is always tough for a woman. Because they are aligned to Sanskriti and goes with Sanskriti. You cannot blame them. They are like that. Duty bound in what they think is the greatest service. Not knowing Sanskriti can always alienate them.

It's not betrayal. Their relation was always like that.

Umm.. hi...
Well a question...
Why do you call Sita and Lakshman following Ram as adharma for which they had to face punishment? In my eyes I believe that what they did was nishkaam sewa which a very high form of virtue an d true dharma...

I understand the negative positive thing you are trying to say... They both are two sides of the same coin...
In Geeta ,shri krishna says,

Tadviddhi Pranipatena Pariprashnena Sevaya,

Upadekshyanti Te Jnanam Jnaninastattwadarshinah'

In Shri Sai Satcharita, my Guru Shri Sai Maharaj gives a very detailed explanation of this shloka stating how in order to expel ignorance , the Guru actually imparts another kind of ignorance because actually knowledge is not impartible, it is only self realisable...

So I got the point of negatives actually adding up to positives...

Yes I agree that blindly following sanskriti is not right but why to reject the good points of sanskriti...

I believe that one of the basic reasons for moving from prakriti to sanskriti is that the prakriti follows the jungle rule or the survival of the fittest theory... But sanskriti tries to harness it towards ideally a world where actually the weak can thrive too ... When the sanskriti moves against this very goal and starts suppressing the weak instead of protecting them , prakriti takes over and does away with these biases... And that is bound to happen..

But why to reject the good qualities of sanskriti... A loving brother following his brother into the difficulties of his life and a dutiful wife following her husband in misery is good sanskriti , then why adharma? The husband too should reciprocate for it be an ideal world.. an ideal sanskriti... But the wife not going with the husband will not make for an ideal sanskriti

Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Welcome saishyama Di to the threadπŸ€—.
Of course it was the highest form of dharm but shruthi Di meant different. I guess it's better she explains to you.
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@saishyama I didnt say Sita following Ram or Lakshman following Ram was adharma. They did their dharma. Dharma of being a wife, dharma of being a brother. But then bowing in front of Kaikeyi and her irrational demands Ram was doing adharma. Because what Kaikeyi did was adharma.
If not for bharat, adharma would have prevailed in Ayodhya. If Bharat had yielded to his mother and ruled as per her mahatwakamsha then what is Ram. Nothing. It is in a way allowing jungle raj in your kingdom.

If you take MB that was what Bhishma did. By allowing his father's lust to have its way he allowed adharma as Satyavati's blood took the throne irrespective of being not fit for the throne.

Sanskriti brings the necessary control for unbridled Prakriti which is needed. But it should not completely control. It needs to be balanced. In Ayodhya Sanskriti was ruling, keeping Prakriti in its control.

Also this thread is completely based on what was shown in SKR no other version is discussed here.

Also I would request not to take any independent analysis of mine in this thread and comment. Because it wont make sense. It has long history of another connected points which are running in 5 threads before it.

Regular readers of my analysis know that I have stressed multiple times on co existence of Prakriti and Sanskriti. I cannot type those things again. Request you to please read.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
saishyama thumbnail
@Cluny13... Thank you for the warm welcome..
@Shruthiravi
I respect your opinion and analysis... Just would like to add my 2 cents ..( if nobody minds😳)
Well the way I see it... There is a subtle difference between what Bhishma did and what Shri Ram did...
One is that Shri Ram was asked to give up the throne.. The throne was rightfully his but without the King giving it to him, legally or morally Shri Ram could not demand the throne.. just as though by birth we may be entitled to our parents inheritance but morally or legally it would not be right to claim it was our own when it can be rightfully ours only when bestowed upon by his parents.. so when his father and mother ask him to leave the palace, he like an obedient son complies...
But what Bhishma does is he willingly without being aaker by the King renounces his right to the throne... Though it was the highest form of service done with selflesslessnes...here he had a choice ...
What Shri Ram does is happily bow down before destiny whereas what Bhishma does is he tries to take destiny in his own hands for his father's unnatural wish...
Though both are great and selfless...both face a lot of pains in life... But their approach was very different... Because Bhishma considered him to be cause of action, he was constantly guilt ridden and blamed himself whereas Shri Ram could bear all situations thinking them to be destiny's play...

Also Shri Ram left his kingdom in the hands of Bharat who was well capable to rule while Bhishma threw his country in the hands of an unknown future...

Thus I believe there was a subtle difference between what Shri Ram did and what Bhishma did..

Shri Ram teaches us in a unique way when to accept and bow down before destiny and when to fight against it...
Thus he did not merely accept when sea refused to yield and took up arms against it... Saying
Bhay bin hoye na priti
shruthiravi thumbnail
@saishyama that is why I asked you to read my previous posts. Whatever you have said I have written. I very well know the difference between them. Dont comment just on that one post. Shriram is Maryadapurushottam. Why he did what he did I have been putting in this thread for last one year.
Jeena has read my posts regularly and she asked that question. I answered her who has read previous connections, symbolisms, loops etc..

If you feel I have disgraced any character I sincerely apologize for the mistake. I do not have enough knowledge to understand Lord and I am still a learner who just puts my thoughts.

I do not have it in me to sit and explain or discuss with people who know everything about dharma. Because I do not know.
saishyama thumbnail
@shruthiravi... I don't believe that you have disgraced any God.. nor was it my intention to imply any such thing... I am just putting across my own humble views... Every one here is just a learner.. who knows everything?
My questions and discussions are only in good spirit..
Edited by saishyama - 7 years ago