Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Mano even in original epic what I had loved was Sita's rejection. Her brutal rejection of her husband and society. That is why Sita was a strong woman for me. Her decision to follow her husband to jungle, her stand in Lanka single handedly emotionally breaking Ravan, and her final BP showed the inner strength of a woman. These are not things SKR invented, but it is there in Valmiki Ramayan itself .

What SKR did was elevating Ram. Showing to a large section of woman like me why Ram is Maryadapurushottam. Why he did what he did. What was his intention in doing it. Because I feel as a woman I have to understand Ram for what he is. And every woman should. Because only then you will be able to differentiate Ravan's and Dasrath in the society who are roaming around wearing the clock of Ram asking for AP, pointing fingers at woman and in general enjoys the facility of patriarchy. Instead of blindly going against all men, I feel if a woman understand Ram, she will be in a better position to coexist.
Believe me a Dasrath is more dangerous than Ravan. Because likes of him always have a kind of power that makes woman do sacrifice for them. They break you emotionally.
Ravan couldn't break Sita or take the sweetness from her. But Ayodhya did it. The hypocrite double standards of Ayodhya sucked the life out of Mahalakshmi herself.

@red this is exactly what we(me and Aditi) were discussing yesterday
Siya's POV had given as the best understanding of Ram
Though Siya has done all the things u mentioned
But some how she is been considered a doormat
or it wan't conveyed properly
may be that's how society wanted to see it
Now here in SKR we see her strength and decisions
As usual change doesn't come easily
takes time I guess
But glad that SKR has initiated it
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Mano. Glorifying the crying slave like woman to Sita was the biggest injustice that has happened to Sita. And showing dumb man who is tied to his mummy's pallu as Ram has made the image of Ram and Sita as mere puppets in the hands of society than thinking individuals. People don't even understand they are making the mockery of Narayan and Mahalakshmi whom they claim to worship.
I don't know whether you have read my first post in the forum. Can Ramayana be presented from a woman's POV. If you read through the replies in that thread you will understand the discomfort had started then and there as the show can be a danger to the well established thought process.
And show exactly did that. Only people with an open mind, people who could accept Narayan cannot do wrong with all the faith in true sense can watch and understand the show. My question is to all detractors is the fact that " Has the show degraded Ram or Sita". No right. They have shown both of them beautifully. If Ram or Sita was degraded I would have been the first person to run away.
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Yes Mano. Glorifying the crying slave like woman to Sita was the biggest injustice that has happened to Sita. And showing dumb man who is tied to his mummy's pallu as Ram has made the image of Ram and Sita as mere puppets in the hands of society than thinking individuals. People don't even understand they are making the mockery of Narayan and Mahalakshmi whom they claim to worship.

I don't know whether you have read my first post in the forum. Can Ramayana be presented from a woman's POV. If you read through the replies in that thread you will understand the discomfort had started then and there as the show can be a danger to the well established thought process.
And show exactly did that. Only people with an open mind, people who could accept Narayan cannot do wrong with all the faith in true sense can watch and understand the show. My question is to all detractors is the fact that " Has the show degraded Ram or Sita". No right. They have shown both of them beautifully. If Ram or Sita was degraded I would have been the first person to run away.

I think I had read it
Also planning to read all good posts as the show gets over
To be honest
I had too many questions regarding Ram
I did mention it in many of the threads in the beginning
whenever I got to read Ramayan or watch it
I couldn't help being angry on Ram at some places
In fact sometimes I got frustrated for Siya too
I know partly mistake is on my part too
for not trying to find the deeper meaning
But when u get to hear, watch, read things
that conflicts with the principle u have grown up with
then it's hard to accept it

In my family, in my close circle
I have seen theists and atheists
hence I can hear, understand and respect both equally
but I can't understand religious fanatics though
I am thankful that SKR gave me the most needed answers
I understand Ram's decisions now
Never once did I get angry on Ram in SKR
rather found myself defending him
Neither did I feel Siya is weak or helpless
Got more understanding and respect for Ram and Siya

This show has given me more than just entertainment
But yes it depends on what one wants to see and learn
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
Vdvisa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Yes Mano, Shruthi. I am one of those too who has always thought Ram is Vishnu, but then why let a woman go through AP and BP and that too when she was Lakshmi herself. I had not read the Ramayana...only hearsay and vague memories of DD telecast. But SKR has brought out the essence and the truth behind with such wonderful actors. Everyone have lived as the characters themselves. And the beauty here is not a single character has been degraded it is only several notches higher . My total perception and the way I understand Ram is different now.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ramayan from woman's PoV. I read that post just few weeks back. The amount of negativity for the show was just too much.
Today it was really painful to see ram. Wha had he to suffer? Till date many had asked why Sita? Ram suffered silently.
Edited by Cluny13 - 7 years ago
Vdvisa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cluny13

Ramayan from woman's PoV. I read that post just few weeks back. The amount of negativity for the show was just too much.

Today it was really painful to see ram. Wha had he to suffer? Till date many had asked why Sita? Ram suffered silently.

Sanju, please can you post the link I haven't seen this thread.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@vd go to my writing index. Link is in my Signature. From there take SKR index. You can see all my posts in SKR forum indexed.
Vdvisa thumbnail
Even though I wanted SiRa reunion I think BP is the right justice that Ram intended Maybe will now keep the hopes for VishLa. 😳 Seeing few clips online shows how well Ashish had downplayed emotions to bring out Sita's aag. 👏 it needs good team to create an impact.
Vdvisa thumbnail

@vd go to my writing index. Link is in my Signature. From there take SKR index. You can see all my posts in SKR forum indexed.

Great thanks Shruthi.
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4514363

Visa Di here is the link.