Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vanellope thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Awaaradil

I agree that the storyline became a bit confusing after Tai's revelation. I have a feeling that the confusion in Krishna track could've been created because Ankush was leaving the show (there were rumours regarding this).. and because the storyline got a little disrupted during that time, the confusion and rush carried on to the new track also due to falling TRPs. It could also be that CVs are having a creative block because they could've definitely done something better even after Karvishi uniting and due to the fact that the serial has to keep going, they're rushing the stories.
I agree that both Ankush and Sonal are doing a terrific job and their chemistry is really good. I also kinda think that they should've brought Khushi track much later. I don't mind seeing a serial with the leads having kids but there should've been more of Karvi romance before Khushi (and even before marriage but whatever).
Also, just like you, I support the female empowerment too but i have to say, Indian TV serials glorify female leads way too much making them absolutely perfect. I really don't ser the point in this but this is what happens. Every serial is about the female and how perfect she is. I like Survi very much.. I could identify with her because unlike the actual female leads of serials she didn't just sit crying and praying to god but got into action. She did pray to god but also made actual efforts to bring Tai's truth out. During separation tracks in serials, the female lead just listens to what all the male lead has to say about her but Survi fought back and you definitely don't expect a female lead to choke someone and threaten to hurt them but Survi did during Khushi track and even Meher track. But then again, like others, Survi always emerges as the one who is right and always saving everyone.. and i don't want to see that. I want Survi to make mistakes too, realise them and say sorry too. In other serials too, I always get more interested in the male leads because they make mistakes due to anger or fear and are not always goody good. It's easier to relate with them 😆.

Me too 😆
sreeya852 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
The creators of shows and their tv channels that defend the over dramatic tracks usually say that media/television is a mere reflection of reality, but i strongly believe that it has immense power to influence an individuals/society's mindset... Even if tv is a reflection of society, shouldn't tv shows take on a more responsible role to debunk myths and societal structures that feed into oppression? This supernatural track and the dramatic scheming in shows scare me... I feel it takes away valuable screen time in which more day-to-day issues can be addressed. Like when YVR brought in the issue of child trafficking...
Or at least some nice happy, romantic moments... I feel people in the younger generation look for more light-hearted scenes because we are currently being exposed to a number of issues taking place around the world... to the point we just want a break from it and want to just see some positive energy being emitted from our screens Crossing my fingers for the best from the YVR team- clearly they can do it... no outside influences (TRP) please...
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago