Faltu Larki - Seemi Raheel, Samiya Mumtaz, Hina Dilpazeer

Posted: 7 years ago

The makers of Quddusi Sahab Ki Bewah, Faseeh Bari Khan and director Mazhar Moin are back again with another interesting play Faltu Larki.

Faltu Larki, the drama is comical exploration of how unfair the society gets towards women. The story is based upon a girl who comes from India and lives with a family in Lahore but is unable to stand for her right.

The drama is starring Seemi Raheel, Samiya Mumtaz, Hina Dilpazeer, Sumbal Abbas and Yasra Rizvi and also new talent.

Regarding the play Samiya Mumtaz said, "This is going to be very, very different from anything I've done before, I've often been stereotyped on television as a victim or a wailing woman; I want to change that image. This character isn't dependent on any man."

Regarding the Indo-Pak tensions Moin shared his feelings and said, "Emotions are more important. Pakistan and Indian share the same culture and ethnicity; for example, we turn a blind eye to the fact that there were/are inter-marriages happening. It's difficult for those people to get their families to meet and mingle, despite having so much is common. We are just bent on trying to find differences rather than similarities and that's a theme we tried to address."

Some pictures from the drama

fatu-1
faltu-2
faltu-3
faltu-lark-f
falty-4
falty-5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Regarding the Indo-Pak tensions Moin shared his feelings and said, "Emotions are more important. Pakistan and Indian share the same culture and ethnicity; for example, we turn a blind eye to the fact that there were/are inter-marriages happening. It's difficult for those people to get their families to meet and mingle, despite having so much is common. We are just bent on trying to find differences rather than similarities and that's a theme we tried to address."

well said
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I just wanted to share, yet again, what a comic delight this lady is in her show Faltu Larki: Hina Dilpazeer. She took me to the world of wry wit that I thought was the domain of Wodehouse. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!
And she also exemplifies how a well-written, well-cast part can make a supposedly over-the-hill actress shine. In an ageist and sexist profession, this surely is reason to celebrate!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!!! And the characters spoke in such a good humoured, playful way about watching Indian TV shows, and how their favourite characters always come back to life, it made me laugh out loud :-)

And after Dumpukht and Faltu Ladki, I have to say APlus seems to be doing a fine job of picking out good, well-cast, well-written shows, and their production values are quite appropriate to the story too. So Hum isn't the only one although it might be the one that is most known.

JNam thumbnail

well said [QUOTe]
Yes, truly well said.
JNam thumbnail
And what a delightful soundtrack! Amazing job...The makers need to be lauded for such a remarkable effort.
obsessiveperson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Is me farhan malhi bhi hay na ?
_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@JNam! you found the thread! 😆

The show is really good and totally will reccommend to anyone who wants to watch a show filled with honest characters 😆
JNam thumbnail
The upcoming episode looks promising although I am unsure about Samiya Mumtaz's character. She's pretty much done a backflip, from being vociferously against the alliance to being all for it and egging Jahan Aara on. I have a feeling she's assumed that since she can't stop bhaijaan from getting married , she can at least make sure his bride is controllable and pliant. I hope Jahan Aara doesn't jeopardize her potential relationship with bhaijaan based on Samiya Mumtaz's instructions. Bhaijaan seems to really be interested in getting hitched to Jahan AAra. For the first time in a very long time, I am actually conflicted about who the girl should be with in a love triangle. I like both the men here. It feels as if the younger lad is a breadth of fresh air to distract Jahan Aara from her pain and loneliness whereas bhaijaan mirrors her loneliness and alleviates it somewhat. It would appear that even Jahan Aara is confused as she seemed to have a soft spot for the young lad but since last episode, she seems more drawn towards bhaijaan. 😔 Anyhow, so far, so good.
Edited by JNam - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: obsessiveperson

Is me farhan malhi bhi hay na ?

he seems to be everywhere
JNam thumbnail
The story so far has been interesting. The Faltu Larki of the title is an orphan from India called Jahan Ara. She is now the central to the conflict raging within the household. While Bhai Jaan and his cousin have fallen head over heels with her, Paro is infuriated at her for having won over Bhai Jaan. Underneath her bitchy exterior, Paro is well a bitch of the highest order. It hasn't yet been explained how or when she fell in love with Bhai Jaan. Did she fall in love with him after she met his father, the man she eventually married? But then, we are told that her late father was BhaiJann's dad's family friend. That seems to support the view that she knew Bhai Jaan from before her own second marriage. But then, what sort of twisted thinking led her to marry the father of the man who spurned her advances? Did she think this would lead her to Bhai Jaan? Surely she knew how much this would affect BhaiJaan's mother, and as a result, Bhai Jaan himself who is clearly devoted to his mother?
Moving on, there is Jahan Ara who is every bit as inscrutable as Paro. But unlike Paro, we see no tangential hints about her inner thoughts. All we see are slightly expressionless, glazed looks, or at other times, a certain sly look in her eyes. I haven't figured out if this is a figment of my imagination, a result of the performer's ineptitude (the actress playing Jahan Ara is relatively new to the acting scene), or a part of her personality that will slowly be revealed to us, or a mix of all three. It would be nice to know, for example, why did she appear to like Bhai Jaan's cousin in the earlier episodes, only to spurn his advances later on? In the earlier episodes itself, the said cousin had started to behave in a financially responsible manner, taking up teaching gigs to pay for his MBA lessons. He even attributed this change to his love for Jahan Ara. Why then did she change her mind once Bhai Jaan started to show an interest in her? Considering her dire straits and previous harsh experiences, I would have thought she would be only too happy to be with her mother's friend's son.

Finally, Bhai Jaan. He is relatively straightforward as a character but in this latest episode, his refusal to go against his father's wishes to marry Jahan Ara even when his mother was offering her support, suggests a certain spinelessness which was distasteful to me. Otherwise, I do like his character and the actor playing him. In fact, this show is a welcome change for me because, among other things, I am finally seeing a love-triangle where I like both the male characters, and the woman at the centre seems conflicted about them both.

The only story that is a bit less interesting is the one involving Imran Ashraf and his wife, and the one involving Anum's younger sister although that latter story seems to headed towards an intersection with Jahan Ara's story.

Anyhow, so far, this show has been quite engaging. Kudos to the team!

Edited by JNam - 7 years ago