Users

Frequent Posters

kamalsh56 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Suruchi07

My only point is kahi to virodh ho

Agyaakari hona alag baat hai and

Bekaar me logon ke taane sunana when u r correct ye alag baat hai . in fact bewakoofi hai

@bold, actually it is bewakoofi of Shauri knowing fully well that Amma has strictly told her about the rivaj, still they decided to come back before time. All this drama would not have happened if they had come after the muhurat.That is the reason that even Dadi is not able to support them. If they wanted to do virodh then they should have refused to stick to the rivaj right at the beginning before going to Mumbai.
Edited by kamalsh56 - 7 years ago
kamalsh56 thumbnail
Looking at the situation, my gut feeling says that it is going to be a depressing Saturday today. May be in precap they may show some positive signs for next week.
svm9999 thumbnail
I for one have NOT enjoyed the almost abrupt turn this serial has taken. The appeal - at least for me - was the refreshing portrayal of a love story between two educated working- youth of current India. The girl, a bold mumbai-mulgi with a mind of her own, and a well mannered north-India boy. The story seemed to showcase a positive representative of current and future India of 2016.

Then all of a sudden the story jumped from 2016 to 1916, if not 1816. Now the illiterate parents and grand-parents have become the drivers of educated young couple's life. They use cultural and traditional provisions to brow-beat the educated couple and emotionally blackmail them. The age-old cliche of getting Shiv and Gauri to make promises and, then, use the same to create mayhem in their lives is so outlandishly cliched. They aren't even allowed to even celebrate their honeymoon. And the educated and economically independent Shiv and Gauri naively accept it!!!

What is the point of showcasing such outdated culture? It may be the reality is many parts of India; but so is dowry, female foeiticide, polygamy and child marriage. This is clearly not the future of our social norms. History YES, future NO. The reality is that the educated-youth are increasingly rejecting age-old practices, challenging elders, taking decisions in their own hand and living a happier life.

To portray the life style of 1816 as a show about 1816 is fine. But to portray such as the accepted style of 2016 is regrettable. It is a waste of opportunity.

This serial is unlikely to make any waves. Will live and die on the channel it is currently being shown.

kamalsh56 thumbnail
Amma brings Gauri to the kothi. Amma warns her not to cross the Laxman rekha. Warns she has created so much of chaos by her presence. Shiv comes to arrange the place. Amma wants him to go but Shiv holds Gauri's hand and takes her inside. Amma angry. Shiv very upset that the kothi is ridiculous and not fit for even servants. Gauri begs that it is only for two days and she wants to win their hearts. Shiv very upset with Gauri for being zidi. Shiv walks to Dadi and blasts Dadi that such is the treatment for a bahu. Amma tells that she will be a bahu after she accepts the kartavya of the family. Amma taunting Dadi about Mumbai. Indavertently lets out that she was not happy with the marriage. Dadi supports Amma that it is not easy to be a bahu and she should be following all rules like all the other bahus. Says he should face the situation. Asks Shiv to inform Baba that they have reached safely. Dadi asks him to go. Amma slyly smiling about what will happen to baba now.
Mangyachi aaiee meets Baba in the compound. Baba informs that they are leaving the house. Nachi and Nisha also arrive there. Baba calmly confirms to Nachi that what he has said about Nisha is correct but he has given up arguing as he no more strength left to fight. Nachi wonders how he believes in a person like Appa, asks for proof. Says if Baba can get proof he will support him. Baba calmly tells him that Nachi is still siding with Nisha even though she is wrong. Baba tells him he wants to live the balance few years till retirement in peace. Nachi continues supporting Nisha. Baba totally silent. Nisha smiling.
Shiv in his room, pacing in frustration. Sarla asks him to have lunch but Shiv refuses. Blames Gauri that he would not have allowed her to stay in the kothi but for her agreeing to it.
Aaiee calls up Shiv. Asks if everything is ok. Wants to talk to Gauri. Shiv gives an excuse that she is with Dadi and will call later.
Gauri in kothi. Freshly bathed, ready and smiling. Knock on the door. Shiv is there. Curtly tells her that Aaiee called her. Shiv very upset with Gauri but then he looks at her and is stunned by her beauty. Just stares without a word.
Shiv tells her that he is upset at the way she is being treated. Gauri tells she doesn't want to upset an already upset Amma and Dadi and she is doing it for their happiness. Shiv admires the way the kothi has been set up nicely. Then that looong gaze into each other's eyes. What a pair! Language of the eyes!
Precap: Amma firing Shiv for bringing Gauri's thali. Shiv firmly asking Amma how she would have felt if someone from their own family was given the same treatment as Gauri.
kamalsh56 thumbnail

Originally posted by: svm9999

I for one have NOT enjoyed the almost abrupt turn this serial has taken. The appeal - at least for me - was the refreshing portrayal of a love story between two educated working- youth of current India. The girl, a bold mumbai-mulgi with a mind of her own, and a well mannered north-India boy. The story seemed to showcase a positive representative of current and future India of 2016.

Then all of a sudden the story jumped from 2016 to 1916, if not 1816. Now the illiterate parents and grand-parents have become the drivers of educated young couple's life. They use cultural and traditional provisions to brow-beat the educated couple and emotionally blackmail them. The age-old cliche of getting Shiv and Gauri to make promises and, then, use the same to create mayhem in their lives is so outlandishly cliched. They aren't even allowed to even celebrate their honeymoon. And the educated and economically independent Shiv and Gauri naively accept it!!!

What is the point of showcasing such outdated culture? It may be the reality is many parts of India; but so is dowry, female foeiticide, polygamy and child marriage. This is clearly not the future of our social norms. History YES, future NO. The reality is that the educated-youth are increasingly rejecting age-old practices, challenging elders, taking decisions in their own hand and living a happier life.

To portray the life style of 1816 as a show about 1816 is fine. But to portray such as the accepted style of 2016 is regrettable. It is a waste of opportunity.

This serial is unlikely to make any waves. Will live and die on the channel it is currently being shown.

You are welcome to your views! But you seem to have decided on what the story is all about at the half way stage of the serial. You don't want to give the director a chance to tell how this young generation wins over the older generation and makes them change for the better.
Then, of course, there is something called as a Power Button on a TV. If the serial dies due to the paucity of viewers then so be it!
Maybe you have not seen the precap today where the younger generation is questioning the older generation about the appropriateness of such practices. It answers one of the points raised by you. You seemed to have jumped the gun!
Edited by kamalsh56 - 7 years ago
Suruchi07 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
May be u r not aware of whole India svm999
In India more than half population is against intercaste marriage

Sirf Mumbai jaisi metro cities me virodh nahi hota

Otherwise lovers are being killed which is called

Honour killing
kamalsh56 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Suruchi07

May be u r not aware of whole India svm999

In India more than half population is against intercaste marriage

Sirf Mumbai jaisi metro cities me virodh nahi hota

Otherwise lovers are being killed which is called

Honour killing

Obviously SVM9999 wants to gloss over the harsh realties in rural India, brush it under the carpet and concentrate only on the rosy tinted romance.
Suruchi07 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Though we r living in 21st century but India abhi bhi puri tarah se nahi badla hai
Director is not showing anything wrong
Log intercaste marriage ko itni aasani se accept nahi karte hai aaj bhi and Hindi bashi to ysme bohot orthodox hain.

I am from Bhopal M.P. and I know that
Bhopal jaise bade shahar me bhi logon ki thinking backward class ki he
60-70 % Indian population is still living with such backward vuchaardhara
rujuta1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I liked today's episode... Glad Amma said what she said... atleast now Shiv knows Amma's thoughts or he is starting too. Today our Gauri adjusted and tomorrow Ammaji better adjust to her working. She can make breakfast and leave the house to go to work. I'm all about a working Gauri!
The moments between Shiv and Gauri are so sweet. Loved our angry young man today and the way he takes her hand into the room...loved how he is smitten by her beauty. Hope Shiv Babu plans a nice surprise for his beloved when she joins him in their room!!!

Yes, Gauri looks a little sick... and has been keep a low profile on instagram...

Vanni03 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Svm9999, serial abhi baki hai mere dost!! Todna to bahu asaan hai, jodna bahut mushkil!! Shiv-Gauri r trying to build relationships!!
Agree with kamal, suruchi...
So, Shiv is angry with Gauri, finds her ziddi!! Pan Gauri is positive n happy in her space!! IMO, today they were newly weds!! Gauri admiring her new married woman avatar... N angry Shiv,, forgetting himself on seeing Gauri's khulela, navparineet roop!! Gazing at each other...n the following sequence... Uff!! Lajawaab!! No blame game...just love exists between the two!!
BTW dadi ko kya ho gaya hai ??
Ani Amma cha Mann jinkyasathi...ajun kuthle divya Gauri la par karave lagnaar ahet...CVs janot!!

Edited by Vanni03 - 7 years ago