Taify thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I just spoke to someone who told me that Imtiaz didn't want Shahid for JWM.. He did it cause of Bebo's insistance and also cause not many big names were willing to work with him back then.
The person said he isn't very fond of Shahid still, which is why they never worked and also why you would hear him talk a lot about saif and ranbir (Still) but never about Shahid.

Anyone heard that?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Didn't hear it before but can believe it's Shahid has rubbed ppl the wrong way, and he doesn't please anyone and does what he wants...
Yes, Imtiaz wanted to make it with Bobby Deol and Ayesha Takia who he had worked with in Socha Na Tha. He wanted to name it 'Ishq Via Bhatinda' too. 'Jab we met' was chosen by an audience poll.
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: guess.wh0

Yes, Imtiaz wanted to make it with Bobby Deol and Ayesha Takia who he had worked with in Socha Na Tha. He wanted to name it 'Ishq Via Bhatinda' too. 'Jab we met' was chosen by an audience poll.

Oh man Bobby deol... glad that it worked out with Kareena and Shahid...
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

I just spoke to someone who told me that Imtiaz didn't want Shahid for JWM.. He did it cause of Bebo's insistance and also cause not many big names were willing to work with him back then.

The person said he isn't very fond of Shahid still, which is why they never worked and also why you would hear him talk a lot about saif and ranbir (Still) but never about Shahid.

Anyone heard that?

He wasn't his first choice, but he approached him because he wanted Kareena and he wasn't able to get a meeting with Kareena. So he took the script to Shahid for Aditya's part and he loved it. He asked Imli who he wanted for Geet and Imli said Kareena but she is not interested. And then he (to quote Imli) smiled and picked up his phone and called Kareena.

So Kareena only did the film because of Shahid, not vice versa.
Hazardous thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess.wh0

Hmmm interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing this. I thought he wanted Preity Zinta as Geet but she was busy in IPL.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
never knew this
but they both aced the roles
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Imtiaz might not be close to or fond of Shahid but Kareena had nothing to do with Shahid being in JWM.   I remember Kareena admitted that she only did JWM because Shahid told her it would be a career defining role and she wasn't sure about the film. It changed her life as she had basically stopped getting films before JWM happened.
Taify thumbnail
So basically Imtiaz didn't want Shahid, but chose himi to have Kareena. Wow!
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hazardous

Hmmm interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing this. I thought he wanted Preity Zinta as Geet but she was busy in IPL.

there was no ipl at that time.