Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
because kareena ke saath costars ka issue tha , all the points beautifully explained by rekhaji ðŸ˜›
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
May be he felt Kareena could not fit the other roles as well as she had fit Geet
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Well..

LOVE AAJ KAL - the role was nowhere near as strong as Geet for Kareena to do it. It suited a newcomer like Deepika perfectly.

ROCKSTAR - she could hardly play Ranbir's love interest - plus the role was again not good enough to be the follow-up to Geet.

HIGHWAY - he wanted to cast his first heroine Ayesha Takia when he originally wanted to make this film a decade earlier - then when he restarted the project he considered Kareena, but by the time he made it Kareena didn't look 17 years old any more...

TAMASHA - again same issue of working with Ranbir.

THE RING - no idea about the role, will wait and see. But I know he's wanted to work with Anushka for ages.

Some of your points I agree, but for Love Aaj Kal, Kareena badly wanted to do it and there were interviews where she kept asking don't know why he didn't ask me for it... at the time Imi was firm on having Deepika than Kareena...
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Some of your points I agree, but for Love Aaj Kal, Kareena badly wanted to do it and there were interviews where she kept asking don't know why he didn't ask me for it... at the time Imi was firm on having Deepika than Kareena...

Oh don't get me wrong. I know Kareena was dying for the role. She even mentioned it while accepting her first and only Filmfare Best Actress Award no less ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜†

But my point was that Imtiaz felt that the role was not good enough to give to her after Geet (which he has said in interviews) - he wanted a new face and had cast his eye on Deepika even before the release of both JWM + OSO.
They began shooting before Deepika's second film even came out. I know this because I was an extra on it. ðŸ˜³

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Oh don't get me wrong. I know Kareena was dying for the role. She even mentioned it while accepting her first and only Filmfare Best Actress Award no less ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜†

But my point was that Imtiaz felt that the role was not good enough to give to her after Geet (which he has said in interviews) - he wanted a new face and had cast his eye on Deepika even before the release of both JWM + OSO.
They began shooting before Deepika's second film even came out. I know this because I was an extra on it. ðŸ˜³

1:54
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg5Sk3LWbHk[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Angelberry - 7 years ago

Social.
saymaF29 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FilmyyFanatic

Jab We Met wasn't THAT big hit as you're making it out. It just a hit. That's all.

Imtiaz Ali's JWM is an iconic and cult classic. Rest of his movies are all amazing, they might not be considered iconic now but I am sure they will be cult classics twenty years down the line. Imtiaz is the best BW director ever. Tamasha being my personal favourite BW movie ever.
saymaF29 thumbnail
Why should he repeat? Repeating the same pair again and again makes that pair and their movies stale. Like SRK and Kajol are so stale now. Their last two movies didn't work only because people are fed up and tired of the same pair. Overdose is unhealthy. Shahid Kareena pair is remembered fondly only because of JWM. Imtiaz is on right path, taking new pairing every time. I want fresh faces now in his next after Ring.
saymaF29 thumbnail

I am trying to ignore you but you are popping up in every topic and quoting me. Are you alright? Stop it already or I shall report you. 

Sugar9.00 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
don't know but he should now