"I thought Kushal Tandon is full of attitude wen I first met him-

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Aneri Vajani, though entered the television space years ago, she got the popularity and recognition, courtesy her role in Nisha Aur Uske Cousins'. After the show went off-air, she did not sign a project for a long time until Beyhadh.
Three episodes old, Beyhadh is already being loved and appreciated by one and all. In a vis-a-vis conversation with Aneri, we talk about her character, her bonding with Kushal Tandon and Jennifer Winget and some other unknown aspects.
You had a tomboyish image courtesy your character in 'Nisha Aur Uske Cousins'. With 'Beyhadh', what can the viewers expect?
Viewers saw me as a stubborn, blunt and rebellious girl in Nisha Aur Uske Cousins. In fact she used to get scared when guys would be around her and not like them at all. When it comes to Saanjh in Beyhadh, it is a complete contrast in itself. Saanjh is a very cute, happy-go-lucky and a girl-next-door who loves making friends and is very attached to Arjun (Kushal Tandon).
However, that will be seen changing in the future episodes, where you will see the smile get wiped off her face due to the entry of Maya (Jennifer Winget) in Arjun and Saanjh's life. As known she plays a practicing lawyer, so there will be instances when she will become serious and will have to fight a case for Arjun. So, yeah the characters (Nisha and Saanjh) are miles apart from each other and I am glad to have taken up something so different.
You played the lead role in 'Nisha...' and now you come to a show where your character is assumed to be a parallel lead or second lead. What do you have to say about that?
My character is as important as Kushal's and Jennifer's. This was something made clear to me by Danish Khan Sir on day one that - if you're feeling you are the second lead or third lead etc, that is not the case. Without Saanjh, Arjun and Maya cannot be possible. You remove one character from the trio presented and the show is impossible to be made. Everyone has been given equal footage and equal importance.
You're chemistry with Kushal is evident and infectious. But how was it working with Jennifer?
With Jennifer, I had only shot a day of work initially. However, recently we had an outdoor schedule together and we have become sisters now. She treats me like her younger sister and is so protective and loving towards me. She is an absolutely sweet person to be around with.
What is that one thing which has kept your on-screen and off-screen bond with Kushal going strong?
You know this, in fact Kushal told me that I give him a very positive and good vibe and vice versa, I get a good vibe from him too. For me, the vibe I get from a person is very important. If, I am not getting a good feeling, I will get up and leave, no matter what.
Were you fearsome or skeptical about how will it work out with Kushal?
Yes. Initially, I was a bit skeptical. In fact, I told him too on the first day itself that you seemed to be the one with lots of attitude, but you aren't' (laughs).
Jennifer has been in the industry for almost 16 years. Have you followed her all this time? And when the news about her being you're co-star was broken to you; what did you feel about it?
I saw Jennifer in Shaka Laka Boom Boom (laughs) and the last thing I saw was Saraswatichandra apart from Dill Mill Gayye, of course. I was just very happy when I got to know that I am working with these two amazing actors.
The show is about a crazy and obsessive lover. Have you experienced that sort of love in your personal life?
(Laughs) Well. I haven't experienced anything of that sort so far, but I would surely like to experience that kind of lover once in my life (chuckles).
Four shows old, what are the different kind of roles you aspire to do?
I have barely started acting, so there are so many roles I would love to do. I want to do a deaf-and-dumb role, I would love to do psychopathic character. However, amidst all of this, one character that I would love to repeat would be that of the tomboy one. I was absolutely in love with that character. Mostly, because, I didn't have to do makeup (laughs).
Given a chance would you have preferred playing Maya or Saanjh?
Honestly, I would have still preferred Saanjh. Because, if you have followed Nisha...', there were minor shades of Maya's character in Nisha too. So, that was something I had done already. Hence I would have preferred Saanjh for sure.
Not many know that you have been a dance instructor back then. Would you be open to dance reality shows?
I have never been too sure to be honest. Dance was something I did years back and now I feel scared actually to participate in reality shows.
Every actor has that one moment when he/she realises that he/she wants to be an actor'. Which one was yours?
It dates back to my school days, where I was watching a drama and watching the girl performing a role, I felt that I can do better than what she is doing. So, my teacher asked me to show how to do it. The girl ended up getting replaced by me.
We hope this conversation led to a lot of unknown secrets decoded about Aneri for all the fans out there. What do you feel? Leave in your comments below.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akshi. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
In whole of it one thing caught my attention was "saanjh will fight a case for arjun" does it mean arjun will b put behind bars ??but for what ?? Who will b the one fighting against it maya or maya dad?? 
NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: akshi.

In whole of it one thing caught my attention was "saanjh will fight a case for arjun" does it mean arjun will b put behind bars ??but for what ?? Who will b the one fighting against it maya or maya dad??

Yes it caught my attention too.. actually when I saw saanjh profession is lawyer I kind of expected this. Arjun may be falsely framed by maya or someone else and saanjh may fight case for him...