'I forgive others...'- Deepak Parashar

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
'I forgive others...'- Deepak Parashar
Rachna Kanwar

Deepak Parashar has been evicted from 'Bigg Boss', Sony TV's reality show.

He was nominated for two weeks in a row by the contestants for being bossy and dominating. We caught up with him as he came out of the house specially designed for the reality show.

Tell us of your experience in Bigg Boss' house.

It was absolutely wonderful!

Who do you think was the most lovable participant?

There were so many kids there. For me they were all kids. I have a daughter with my earlier wife who I have never seen, so I considered everyone there as my kid. They were like a family. I think Anupama Verma was the most lovable out of all of them.

You were branded as a cleanliness freak on the show by the other contestants. Comment

I have an Army background. My folks taught me to be organized and clean. That is why I am like that. I did that inside Bigg Boss' house too. I cleaned bathrooms, I cooked, I organized the ration cupboard and I made beds. I thought it was my duty. The participants are still very young and don't realize the importance of all this. You have to love yourself. There is so much love in you; you have to give it to others. What I hated most was the collective groupism inside. I did not belittle myself or anyone else. I did not stoop to their level. I came out with dignity and pride.

Who did you think was most political?

I think Rupali was quite political. I had named her in my second nomination as she would come to our room and say 'this one did this and that one did that'. She would play to the camera; crying at the drop of a hat to get public sympathy. My first nomination was for Ravi and Ragini. Ravi told me to nominate him as he was missing his kids and Ragini I felt was a misfit. The other nomination I made was for Carol as I feel she should have more understanding for people who are 30 yrs. her senior. I am so much older; these kids should have some respect and compassion for senior citizens.

What did you miss most inside Bigg Boss' house?

I missed my luxury and I missed genuine people around me who love and need me. I was with a bunch of kids who didn't really understand me. But I was happy that I got a chance to be there. I am grateful to Balaji Telefilms for giving me time off to move out of 'Kahin To Hoga' I haven't quit the show but have taken 3 months off. I couldn't tell them that I was doing this show as that is the format of the show. I just wanted to test my resistance levels. I must say that I am proud of myself. I was involved in no controversy. Even now I forgive the other contestants for saying whatever they did about me. Like in Bible it is written, 'Please forgive them, they know not what they do'. 

Did you hate the cameras in the house?

No I was absolutely ok with the cameras. I am an actor. If you take away the camera from an actor, he will die. I have spent 28 years in front of the camera. I started out as Mr. India in 1976. 

Your gown became a topic of debate. What do you have to say?

I didn't design the gown. I went to Dubai in 1986 to receive the Best Actor award for my film, 'Nikah in the Indo-Pakistan awards. I saw the Arabs wearing this dress and I thought I can't wear it officially. Then I went to someone's house and I saw them wearing these gowns at home. I loved them. See, I have been a clothes horse all my life and at the end of the day, I love wearing something comfortable as I can't be in my birthday suit. So, I decided to wear these Jhabas as the Arabs call them. I buy them from Dubai. I was told that Farah Khan loved it and said that it'll become a new style statement.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soniya22 thumbnail
hmmm he thinks rupali was the most political and anu was his favourite interesting!!
anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: soniya22

hmmm he thinks rupali was the most political and anu was his favourite interesting!!

Yea, its really interesting...wonder what makes him think that??

*payal* thumbnail
prolly cause they showed him the clip when rupali nominated him...he wasnt expecting that because she always acted nice around him
anonmember thumbnail
Too bad they dont show the clips to people inside the house. That would be great.
tv_addict_uk thumbnail
also becoz rupali gave him gyan about not using the phrase "maine kiya hai"